Reese Witherspoon on Arrest: 'We Know Better'

Reese Witherspoon on Arrest: 'We Know Better'

Reese Witherspoon has given her first public interview since being arrested for disorderly conduct while her husband Jim Toth was arrested for DUI on Thursday (May 2) on Good Morning America in New York City.

“I saw [the cop] arresting my husband and I literally panicked,” the 37-year-old Mud star explained. “I told him I was pregnant. I’m not pregnant. I said all kinds of crazy things.”

“We went out to dinner in Atlanta and we had one too many glasses of wine. We thought we were fine to drive and we absolutely were not…We know better and we shouldn’t have done that.”

“I was so disrespectful to him,” Reese admitted about her arresting officer. “I have police officers in my family. I work with police officers every day. I know better. It’s just unacceptable.”

Reese also explained what it was like telling her children, Ava, 13, and Deacon, 8, about the incident. “We have to say when you make a mistake you take responsibility and we are taking responsibility and doing everything in our power to make it right.”

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Reese Witherspoon’s post-arrest interview???

Click inside to watch the interview…

reese witherspoon gma on arrest we know better 01
reese witherspoon gma on arrest we know better 02
reese witherspoon gma on arrest we know better 03
reese witherspoon gma on arrest we know better 04

• Nicolas Cage cares about what people think of him- US Weekly
  • Young Jeezy drank from a $20,000 bottle of Moet- TMZ
  • Watch James David Carter get a four chair turn on The Voice- Gossip Cop
  • Read a recap of the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Director George Sluizer has died at the age of 82- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Claudia Galanti shows off major cleavage in Milan- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All

PR and LIES

She is in full damage control!

Juicy Lucy @ 05/02/2013 at 9:52 am

Can’t believe one word she says.

greasy reesy @ 05/02/2013 at 9:58 am

what a liar!!

I don’t think much of it. It’s damage control at it’s finest.

Some people here are idiots. They call Reese Witherspoon a liar when she apologies and owns up to her stupidity. So what would you have her do? Stay quiet on the subject??? Call it PR control or whatever but its refreshing to see a celebrity take responsibility for their actions unlike some others (Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hiliton, Amanda Bynes, etc.)

If you demand an apology from Reese but then don’t believe the apology she gives then why even have her apologize in the first place??!!

I actually believe her because there’s no reason not to. She sounds sincere. I don’t know what she means by “I work with police officers every day” but aside from that she sounds normal and sincere. This is really not a BFD.

Yes, and what Dan (#37) said. EXACTLY. Demanding an apology and then tearing the apology to shreds? Insanity. I wonder what nasty little (or big) mistakes the commenters here have made.

I like that she actually took responsibility – most celebs will tell you that they were exhausted or some other excuse.

And I assume she works with police officers because they provide protection on her movie sets??

@Dan, completely agree. And whether anyone believes she’s sincere or not, at least she’s out there taking responsibility whether she feels obligated or not. If she does it again, then I could see you having more reason to disbelieve her.

I am not demanding anything. All I hear is blah, blah, Blah! She is a phony and her opening that pie hole of hers in now, nothing more than damage control!

So they told her to say it, probably to save her carreer. Actors are the best liars.

She’s idiot!!!
She doesn’t a good girl!!!

lying about being pregnant just to get out of something?
are people really defending this crazy b&tch?
she got caught. done and done.. she’s just trying to get out of it.. honestly, she should just say nothing.. i mean isn’t her husband in the P.R business?

and stop using the term ‘mistake’ — drunk drivers kill innocent people daily.. its not a mistake it’s a crime.

and here we gooooooo @ 05/02/2013 at 10:31 am

with the paid fiction, plants! Hollywood, damage control, PR spin at its finest!

retrobanana @ 05/02/2013 at 10:37 am

i dont see anything wrong with her owning up to it

On and on and on @ 05/02/2013 at 10:39 am

Everyone involved in Hollywood knows what a b*tch and how difficult she is. All calculated, All scripted, All PR, All Damage Control!

Of course, her apology and her explanation is based on her “panic” because her husband was being arrested. So, no. I don’t accept it and yes, it’s damage control. She was drunk. Too drunk to stand up. Her husband was drunk. So drunk he couldn’t stay in the right lane of traffic. Her “reason” for why she got arrested is because she was “scared?” Please.

The honesty came out with the booze. She was telling the cop he’d be in all the newspapers. Her concern was for her fame and her image. “Do you know my name?” She wasn’t scared for her husband, she was scared for her image.

What do I expect? Well, I’d rather that her PR team issue a statement to say she & hubby are getting some help for the alcohol problem they both have. This wasn’t the first time. It was the first time they were caught and couldn’t keep it quiet.

She really shouldn’t do any media right now. Matthew Mc Connaughey will be fine doing the media. You better believe the people on GMA had to agree to all kinds of conditions in order for them to get her first post arrest interview.

The fact she totally owned it and said she was 100% WRONG and didn’t blame someone else shows she is a good person who made a stupid MISTAKE. Good for her.

Seems to me that she’s going to be hated no matter what she says. Scripted or not, at least she owned up and apologised, whatever happened. Most people say nothing.

Just who has been demanding an apology? Not me, and not anyone I know. In fact, thinking an apology is all this requires is rather insane. She “knows better.” They both “know better.” Bully for them. How does that mitigate what they did? This is just damage control. And people can fall for it if they want to. I think many more will not.

As refreshing as it should be to see a celeb take responsibility for their actions, given her reputation, as one of the witchiest actresses in Hollywood, it all rings hollow.
As for those who aren’t happy with those who view the ‘apology’ with a sideeye–you can blame that on the rampant rumors of HER conduct also. If she hadn’t had the very unpleasant rep, her apology would have been applauded.

greasy reesy @ 05/02/2013 at 11:04 am

she acts sincere because she got caught. she is just an entitlted brat who thinks she is above the law because she is famous “do you know who I am?!?!” she is a straight up self absorbed b*tch who acts like America’s sweetheart. I’m willing to bet large amounts of money that there have been other instances where she has thought she was above the common citizen.

“i saw the cop, i told him i was pregnant”
MANIPULATOR !
life is not a movie Mrs “Do you khow who i am ?”

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All