Nina Dobrev & Ian Somerhalder: CW Upfronts After Breakup

Nina Dobrev & Ian Somerhalder: CW Upfronts After Breakup

The Vampire Diaries stars Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder arrive in style to The CW Network’s New York 2013 Upfront Presentation held at The London Hotel on Thursday (May 16) in New York City.

The 24-year-old actress and 34-year-old actor, who dated for three years, recently broke up. The two presented the show on stage together at the event.

“NY upfronts for Vampire Diaries #5. 5 times a charm right…?” Ian tweeted that day.

The season finale to The Vampire Diaries airs tonight – on the red carpet, frequent guest star Arielle Kebbel told JustJared.com, “The season finale is tonight and I think if you’re a Lexi fan, you’re going to love it.”

FYI: Nina is wearing a Versace dress, Cuyana studs and Rupert Sanderson heels. Ian is wearing Simon Spurr.

30+ pictures inside of Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder reunited at the CW Upfronts…

nina dobrev ian somerhalder cw upfronts after breakup 01
nina dobrev ian somerhalder cw upfronts after breakup 29
nina dobrev ian somerhalder cw upfronts after breakup 30
nina dobrev ian somerhalder cw upfronts after breakup 31

Credit: Amanda Schwab; Photos: Starpix/JustJared
Posted to: 2013 Upfront Week, CW, Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev

Frazer Harrison/Getty

They both look great! but they have not confirmed a breakup.

Nina looks GORGEOUS! Enjoy your yourself Nina. Ian’s nice looking for a guy in his mid 30′s. Nina is young and just starting her career and I look forward to seeing her on the big screen. Ian is older and has settled for a career on the cw. Nina wants more then settling for a TV show on the cw.

IANNNNN <3 HE LOOKS GORGEOUS! Love him

She is hot.

Rain Svdr @ 05/16/2013 at 1:12 pm

Nina doesn’t look happy. Her eyes tell it all.

Both are attention whores, especially Nina. She’s desperate to climb the social ladder in Hollywood. Honey, you’re only a CW actress.

The both look great. Nina’s dress is very pretty. Oh and by the way, there has been NO confirmation of a break up.

Its pretty obvious that Nina got a Face lifting! Ian is hot <3

Rain Svdr @ 05/16/2013 at 1:19 pm

Nina is not all smiles unlike in other events.

Nina looks really different. Not trying to spread rumors, but did she get work done? Noticeable.

Rain Svdr @ 05/16/2013 at 1:20 pm

They never confirm their relationship before. Again, they will never confirm the break up.

Rain Svdr @ 05/16/2013 at 1:21 pm

@Tiffany What ‘s different?

I’m glad they broke up. Nina is not deserving for Ian.

Rain Svdr @ 05/16/2013 at 1:23 pm

@Tiffany: What’s different?

Rain Svdr @ 05/16/2013 at 1:24 pm

@TVD Fan: How did you know? I can’t even see it.

@Tiffany: definitely! her eyes, cheeks and lips don’t look natural at all! :(

pretty Nina, she feel tired

@Riot!: if say you.. ahah

Rupert Sanders @ 05/16/2013 at 1:32 pm

something off with Nina’s face

@normini.: What? Fix your sentence.

Ian likes diick and licking a$$es.

They will be fine. You know why because Ian will never hook up with an extra who is not even fit to clean nina’s shoes. Ian will handle it with grace. Ian s not Chad Michael Murray!

well nina is clearly winning the break up. also lol at people still in denial. that said it doesn’t mean they can’t get back together.

They are both gorgeous. But I agree, there’s something going with Nina’s face…she looks good but older, like in her 30s

There should be more Ian Somerhalder pictures.

Whoa, what happened to Nina’s face? It looks like she went from looking like a 24 year old young woman, to looking 34!

If they broke up, so be it. It’s their lives. We can’t do anything about their decision.

my “sentence” is that you don’t live with them and don’t know anything. I could tell you that Ian has another girl for a while and maybe it’s the opposite. this is say that it is too easy judge when you don’t know anything at all. then you continue to think as you want

Poor Ian and Nina their fans hate them, they can’t break up they were forced to keep their break up for so long bc of the fans
even when Ian will start dating or Nina will come out fans will still think that they are together god forbid to have fans like this
On teh other note
Ian is amazing, he still manage to chat with fans to make humor answers about boring story line of TVD and rocked a carpet despite being tired
What Nina done with her face? why she wants to look elder and mature? enjoy the life while ur young stop trying to pretend to be who you are not
though she was pretty good on TVD not excellent but kinda good

@Grey:

You don’t believe in punctuation?

Neither one of them looks happy. Nina doesn’t smile at all (which she always does), and Ian looks fake smile – which is not like him.

I really wish they hadn’t broken up!

neither of them seems to be the picture of happiness, maybe Nina hides it a little better ..

He looks awful. Most gay men are so put together, guess he is the exception

@Grey: How did you know that they were already broke up before the rumours started?

I agree with you guys. Ninas face doesn’t look good :( what has she done…omg horrible :(

Ian looks tired from all the travelling BUT STILL SO HOT! How is it possible? He is freaking awesome :)

@amy:

Highly doubt she will transition to the big silver screen. Her does not have the ability to capture for an entire movie. I saw a television move she was in, and she was horrible. I barely watched a quarter of the movie. Who knows, maybe she’ll show me differently, but I don’t see many of those on this show transiting to big budget movies that don’t suck. Just my two cents. Yes, I am a hater. No, just stating my opinion.

@Sarina Agreed! LOL He looks SO freakin bad especially with his combover. If he’s losing his hair, he should just cut it all off.

Ian Somerhalder: “In life … we really want things to happen and they don’t happen the way we want them to,” Somerhalder says. “We are in love with someone and we can’t have them, or we can have them but it’s not right. These are things that we all go through and it’s been happening to Damon all season.”

I wonder who ended the relationship … anyway they both look great :)

I was never feeling these two as a couple. Probably for the best it’s over.

Ian’s schedule is freakin’ crazy! He hasn’t had a Day off since they wraped TVD! He’s been all over the place in China, Barcelona, Brussels, Toronto, LA, NY..next stop is Paris! Seriously give the Guy a break :( He looks still gorgeous tho!!

@Samantha: Ian and Paul are always present in TVD conventions. How about Nina? Why is she not even attending? I meant… she only attends once in a blue moon.

@Jess: Yeah, me too.

Ian looks like he’s been taking the d*** for too long in the face.

@Andrew: He’s tired. He’s been traveling ever since he finished taping the last episode of TVD S04.

@Riot!: IKR? Maybe because she is not smart enought to do a Panel? Nina sucks and thats the truth! I wish they had chosen Candice for the Main Part in TVD! She, Ian and Paul are the best!

csfw12367 @ 05/16/2013 at 2:16 pm

Nina is beautiful but she looks a lot different these days. She looks older especially for 24.

@Samantha: Rumours said that Nina doesn’t like to attend conventions. Primadonna and hard to work with. Yeah, I love Candice but I love the chemistry of Candice and Joseph Morgan (Klaroline).

Riot!:
Because Nina is a weak girl and she does not have as much strength as the guys.
One of the possible answers.

@love: How about Candice and Kat? They attend conventions though. And besides, Nina is the main protagonist.

@love: Being weak is not an excuse. Conventions are made to interact with fans and so on.

@love:
I guess Candice and torrey are somekind of superwoman then!
Nina can’t hold the audience, she is too boring, snobish, stuck up and self observed. To many fans after meeting her was in awe how much of diva she is and how she acts around the cast as she is better than them
She acts nicely only when she wants smth from fans as right now she wants to look good so she is nice
I always doubted that Ian would date her it was always like she is in relationships for fame bc everything was only from he side and Ian just stands near bc he has to

I don’t care either way but calm down nian fans they r still together n happy n Ian is living with Nina

@Grey: Wow! Where did you get all of these? Your statement answered all my questions on why NIna barely attends TVD conventions. So, it’s all true then.

really I’ve read a lot of fans who said after meeting Nina is very sweet and kind

@Riot!:
tumbler posts with pics from those who attend cons with her and that kind of stories is much more than good ones
Ppl like her bc they though she is with ian ans Ian wouldn’t choose a bad girl but as soon ppl saw them near each other with out creepy squeee fans around and they didn’t pretend all wrote that there is cold wibe between them, that she is putting fits and Ian just ignores her
her attitude towards fans when she got award and didn’t need fans for a while was pretty bad as she is some kind of goddess and fans are just worms
I am glad that ian finally free from pretending to be her cover so fans would like her

you fans of Ian are bad, say bad things and should grow up! if you like Ian followed him and let go ho do not like .. shame

@tihondar:
they don’t have ASK account!!

They both definitely don’t look happy;( I think as mature people they should have had a picture together.Btw on Ian’s ASK account I came across a conversation between them two days ago.She wrote to him:”Minister Smolderhalder;)”.And he answered back;”‘I miss you:)’.But in a few minutres he deleted it,probably he didn’t want to show weakness.I wish them both all the best,no matter what.

@Grey:
Are you sure?I thought they both have.May be I am wrong and these accounts are fake,lol:)))

@tihondar:
Dunno about Nina but ian more than once had confirmed that he has only twitter,facebook page and instragram and he tweets vertified accounts from time to time so fans wouldn’t trust fake pics and posts
so no he doesn’t have ASK
and more…he is 34 years old and aware that fans are obsessing would a mature man put smth personal so everyone can see it? Doubt that

@Grey:

Yes,you are probably.I guess I want to believe that they still care of each other.Is Nina such a bad person anyway?Why do people write such things about her?

Nina is amazing!

Ian said that Nina is very tired during the filming of the series. She has a new role in the film. Everyone needs a rest.

Ian’s smile makes me melt *-* and btw, who cares about Nina? When tvd is over noone will remember her!

@Grey:
Yes Ian has only tweeter, facebook ( i believe an other person manages his facebook) and instagram. There are a lot of fake acounts for him everywhere, Especially in Istragram. And the funny thing us that the man has said many times which are the real ones but people just don’t listen.
I don’t think that Nina is so bad. Not her fan at all – big Ian fan here. But i don’t think she can be so bad.
I believe that the realationship was real. I don;t think that either of then would lose it’s time to fake one but I really can’t understand why people have gone mad because they broke up. So what? People breake up all the time…People should respect their desicions.
As for Ian he is hot! So the hater with the classic comment (you know who you are) shoule take a step from here. He is much more than you. He works too much for his own good. Does all the cons to please the fans (Nina could do some to – it wouldn’t hurt) and does a lot for the envoroment and animals. So he has my respect for that.

Oh and Jared? Two articles would have been nice. I get you wanna make numbers and sell their break up but enough is enough. You write that they are not an item anymore – then don’t treat them like one. Thank you.

Nina is beautiful and will have no problem finding a younger boyfriend.

@Vera: I agree. Ian is awesome *-*

@love:
I get that she need a rest – i am for it but she could do one or two cons. What she is is thanks to the fans. She in not the only one filming vampire diaries. All the other are tired too but they do cons. I have nothing against Nina but i use you argument (Nina being tired) so that you can see that she may be i little wrong here. Anyway lets just agree to disagree.

@Bella: Ian is such a smart and wonderful person. Has great ideas. I really enjoy his interviews, especially the non TVD ones where he shares his vision and you can understand how intelligent he is!

May be this is fake,but whoever may take a glimpse:)

@Vera:
well i wont start the story i know a man whos dog had seen..ok…but let me tell you this a person who worked for Nina for 3 years until miss Diva switched the agency was crying and on the verge of break down every time after working with her in person
so yeah i have personal dislike for Nina
Fans wont listen to ian or Nina they see only what they want to see
ian is tweeting that he is alone in cafe in NYC and is in blue mood but Nina at the same time tweeting she hangs out with gf and having fun! fans still think they are not over?As i said god forbid from fans like these

@Riot!:

She’s too immature for him. He needs a woman not a girl.

@Grey:

Yes,she’s tweeting about eating some stuff.I feel so sorry for Ian sitting alone:((((((((Life is so unfair sometimes.I wish he finds true love soon!!!

@Leah:

It’s not a combover. They cut his hair too damn short. Didn’t you notice it in episode 4×19? It was cut super short for some reason.

@tihondar:
i checked ask account
come on does it sound as a man who is 34 years old
have u read his twitter? have u hear him in interviews
beside copy of tweets that ask account looks like stunt
sorry
i might be wrong but if he would have one he would said about it

@Grey:
Look i think they were over a long time ago. And to tell you the truth i really couldn’t understand why they begin with. Nothing personal with Nina (i have heard a lot of stories too but i chose not to give them much thought) but they are seem complitely different.
What angers me the most is that fans have a talent of twisting their words. Especially Ians. He talks about Elena, fans go all Nian. Nina has a ring on her finger, fans go ”omg they are engaged”, she has worn his necklase sometimes ‘omg the nian necklace”. Give as a break. Where was she when he was getting his Genesis award? Where was she when he was cleaning the beach? Where was she was he was doing the RYOT panel? And i remember that she anounced herself as part of the Ryot team. Since then she has tweeted about ryot once.
But noooo fans don’t see all that. They see what they want to see. Like today. The whole tweeter exploded because Ian and Nina were together on stage.. Seriously people? They were doing their job.
After the whole jop think what did the couple do? Nina left before Ian – the boyfriend who fans claim that she is soooo in love with- she didn;t even wait for him and he went to the hotel gor his bags and straight to the aeroport for Paris. If Nina was his girl indeed she could have kept him company. The after party could wait.
But fans choose to ignore all that and believe their own little fairytale.
If they were real fans they should respect the break up decision, wished them luck and admire them seperately. As you said god forbid from fans like these.

Ian is poor why he wrote alone? are you kidding me? the day when the news came out he has sent pictures while he enjoyed in Bruxeles with Paul. he is allowed and her no? maybe they’re really hurt both or are fine both.. read certain things is crazy, how old are you? they are two normal people that break up, stop

@tihondar: I checked the acount, It’s fake. And Ian is 34 years old. Actions like the ones you described belong to a 15 year old not a grown up man who has proved himself that he can deal with difficult situations like a gentleman and not a boy.

@Grey:

I actually could see her as a diva. Something about that statement she made about her career struck me as self centered and not just because she wants to focus on it. It was something about the way it was said. Maybe she used him just to get some connections since he’s been around longer. Some actresses do that.

I hate Nina!

@Shelley:
Leave them. The haven’t got something actual bad to write about Ian so they go on with the same poem. Hats, smirk, gay, loses hair, clothes etc. The thing is they only make fool of themselves. They say that you have succeded when you start to have haters.
And the funny thing is that those qualities they write as insults aren’t even one! Because whan a guy loses hair, wairs hats or likes men is suddenly a bad person?
Ian likes hats. Always did. If people followed for about ten years they would know that. Likes womes- like really likes women. Doesn’t lose his har – bad haircut aren’t hair loss as for his smirk…we like it. The ones who don’t look elsewhere.

@Grey:

She’s been seen having fun all along while he’s been off working like a dog. The break up doesn’t seem to be bothering her. Perhaps she initiated it thinking she’ll find someone better. Silly rabbit.

Nina looks so much different than she used to be ! Looks like she had plastic surgery… And she dosen’t look happy at all…

@Vera:
Just don’t shoot me ok. I agree with all that yŗ saying and i acn ad smth myself
nina didn’t clean the beach with Ian during his ISF event she is near ISF only when the pics are taken, she never supports him. Last few times in NYC they openly avoided each other at all costs beside the work related Upfronts
and now…you can call me hater but IF suddenly their love will bloom again or Nina will show up in Paris i will agree with all who were sayin it is PR relatioship from the beginning
what bugged me and was written here before that Ian never adressed her as his gf, he was never exclusive with her in his behavior he acted the same with all girls around, holding hands, hugs, kisses,pecks on the lips it is ian.But no tenderness or adoration as was with his ex. About his ex he talked proudly and never been vague in answers
with Nina he never confirmed the relationships it is only fans assumptions that he is talking about her when he is talking about relationships in general
and what wasn’t mentioned by many others. I feel that there was no relationships at all and Nina cornered him not to deny anything. Look ALL i mean ALL pics we got of them together is obe way or another is connected with CW,TVD or promoting family business either her mothers paintings either Ians family pizzeria or BOB. Coachella is organized by ICM agency as soon as Nina is out of there there is no Coachella for them. The fest was just business not romance. and on the pics from there it was nina who is kissing him or touching him, ian just didn’t push her away infront of cameras
Paris in 2011, Nina got a photoshoot for Vogue ther. I recall some fans psoted a cover later and it was written that shoot was taken in may 2011 but Nian fans almost killed those peeps bc that would ruin whole romance. But there was no romance at all
then private vacations. hmm ok…but why we never got pics of private vacations from ian. it is always Nina or her friends tweeting pics hinting that Ian is there but no sign of ian in reality only as usual fans assumptions.
Vet pics. First off all fans did found helluva lot things showing that it is photoshopped pics and guess who posted them? Miss Dobrev
ian usually tells himself when smth is wrong with his cats but here he just retweeted some of her tweets and refused talk about cat during con beside one comment bc ian don’t want to lie to fans
So as i said if miss Dobrev will pop up near ian again soon i will call their relationships a PR

Ian is a beautiful young successful man. No need to feel sorry for him.
Unauthorized people may not know who to blame for the rupture of relations

@love: agree. not all know how to use head, but only write things you don’t know.

@Grey:

Seems like an awful lot of work for a PR stunt.

@Shelley:
nope
they just attend together events as presenters of CW bc they are liked by fans and the love story behind it fans write themselves
During eye con few years ago ian was walking had in hand with Abigale but no one pictured that and it was like- they are just friends
In Nina case paps knows it is good money for this pics so the take them sell them and then fans go awwww

Just don’t shoot me ok. > Sorry if i seems a little angry! I am with some fans not you!! :D I agree all the way with what you wrote here! All of you comments! Sorry again – it’s just the way i speak and write… (insert emoticon with a flower here!! :D)
Anyway back to our topic…I have to agree with you that it will bug me the most if i see a massive reunion now. And of course i will think that it is for PR reasons. Who wouldn’t actually (wait i know!! the nian fans who leave their fairytale through other peoples lives). And this is something that i totally expect from Nina but not Ian.
Don’t let me start for the way fans treaded his ex. which saw no respect for him.
As for vet pics…grrr…concerned parents? How more of a drama queen? A concerned parent would post a pic for starters..

and Ian fangirls came out again to tear Nina apart. Nina looks perfectly fine, healthy and beautiful whereas Ian looks tired but still charming. I am Nina’s fan first and foremost but I am not going to hate Ian just because he broke up with Nina. They were just not meant for each other. No need to hate them. As for those people who say Nina will never make it to the big screen, well time will tell. Who knows she may surprise you. One thing is for sure that Ian will never make it to the big screen. The guy is already in mid 30′s and really looks old now. He really doesn’t have much of a career ahead. So you guys really need to worry about him, not Nina. Peace out!

@12345: how do you know?

how much you like judge?

@Vera:
yeah i have problems with expressing myself in letters too.
As i said if Nina will pop up in Paris it will be right after finale and break up rumors started exact a week before finale before epic epi!!
Yesterday before they removed an article with old pics (well if info is false they do remove news, but the news about break up still on btw) few peeps were talking here and main point was that a lot of ppl in TVD fandom and in general have issues with Nian fans not with Ian or Nina
nian fans still are so sure that even if smth is off as soon as Nian will get back on set they will reunite
all these years Nian was step by step what was written by fans, someone even called it Nian fans wish list. This year fans were step by step prepared to break up when their wish list wasn’t fulfilled.
So if suddenly Nian will reunite exactly the way as fans expecting them…so well guys you don’t have to be Sherlok to see PR behind it
And all Nian comes either from fans either Nina drama queen and attention seeker plays along
during the years here in comments were a lot of stories from con about her true colors but those ppl were called haters
and Nian fans are not innocent, as i recall yesterday when ianš ex was brought up someone write that fans harrased her, threatened her, trashed her car, demanded her to leave ian so nina can step in and other horrible things
they blame her for throwing a finger. Well if someone would shout to me that i am third wheel intruding star crossed lovers i would throw a finger too

For those saying Ian doesn’t have much of a career left. He is an extremely intelligent man who has set himself up nicely with businesses and other interests outside of showbiz. The Hollywood scene doesn’t last forever guys. Who’s Julia Roberts now? Yeah playing someone’s mom!

@Grey:
Well not only a finger but a punch too. The girl for me had so much patiance with those fans. (and i am not sure if the finger was for the fans or the paps but anyway doesn’t matter).
Right now if i judje from their twitters Ian is alone at a coffee shop – he left the hotels with bags to get the plane , and Nina is with her friends having fun. Nothing wrong with this picture, The only reason i write it is that right now Ian and Nina make it perfectly clear that they have broken up. But fans choose not to believe, And if they do they thiink that is a break not a break up. I really pity for both of them. They can’t evem break up with fans on their back assuming things.
i didn’t believe that this whole past relationship was a pr stunt but yes is a wonderful reunion is made then yes..sorry…but so PR.
Last but not least i believe that fans made this people their own mappets. Writing stories, inventing things etc. No respect for them..

@Kandy: and i might add that he chose a sector with much future. Energy. The guy knows what he is doing..

Totally with you about mappets
Remember ian huffpost interview? he was saying so much interesting info but fans weer interested only in what is going on in Nian bedroom and asked it online!!!
they do live through Nian lives. And that makes Ian or Nina impossible even to sneeze bc even that fans will name as a proposal!!
Now they counting cats under US article.
It would be ok for them to be apart at evening but they hadn’t seen together for a long time and if ppl love each other they would spend time together before separation again. Ian underlines that he is alone and had heart to heart with a friend. Nina is busy with gf to have heart to heart with him
for me and for thousands other fans if reunion will be then it is PR bc that is exactly what fans want. I would be ok with reunion bc ppl can made up but last few times in NYC they clearly avoided each other at all costs after that you wont reunite that soon and especially after finale of TV show. i know i ahve bad wording but you see th point
those who claim Ian has no future- BS he has a lot of talent and he will show you all that may be he wont co for blockbusters but he is perfect for intellectual films

@Grey:
First of all Ian has made the smartest move of all. He invented money and time in business. Hollywood doesn’t lost long but business does. As i told he chose a sector with much future, energy + plus animals. So is just fine. As for movies he is very talented – Sasha in a previeus article said he is perfect in theatre – too bad i haven’t seen him. But i have seen most of his other filmf or series and i loved him. I agree about intellectual films – he is perfect. And Ian himself has stated that in some years time he wants to relax and deal with family a business so i think intelectual films etc add to this acuation.
The huffpost interview was my favorite one. He was given the apportunity to speak about so many interesting things…But fan all theu caed was hos bedroom. I want speak for the mother in low question or the if your real life relationship blah blah..No boundaries. It’s an other thing asking only aboyut the vampire diaries and an other think asking for an other person private life.
Thank God at the RYOT panel we didn’t have such things..
As for the timing is indeed fishy. The break up news were aired last week before a mojor episode. Now we had the upfront before the final episode – and all eyes where on them. I would be ok with a reunion too but not with this timing. If they wanted to be together they hadn’t seen each other for days – Ian could have gone to the dinner yesterday and NIna could have gone to her friends an hour later today. They made clear that they didn;t wan to be together. So yes i agree with you. IF now AFTER all this a reuinion is made the whole TVD fandom except Nian fans will see it as PR.

@Rosa:

Well, at least she’s a CW actress. Tell me, what are you?

Ian drinking a coffee alone? he is sad. Nina eat with friends? she is a monster. seriously? grow up, please

@Vera:
i like reading Sasha too, i hadn’t seen Ian on stage but as lover of short indies i saw him in some short movies which actually got an awads on fets and tell you what he was brilliant in such short cut moment to pull so much out of his characters! For me to appear in a movies which make ppl think such as life as house is much more important that 5 mins fame after transformers. Ian had insured his future and i respect that and also he tries to inspire others to stop sitting and start acting!
The timing of Nian was always fishy, as sasha once wrote – before major DE crash in season 3 fans got Nian kissing , before Dex ruined with sire bond fans got pizzeria pics,during hiatus when everyone went wild bc promo promissed SE reunion fans got Easter pics but easter pic are kind weird some fans posted here step by step how nina grabed ians fist and forced him to mingle fingers then they saw paps near the house and put a show for them that is clear as day but when they didn’t saw paps near the cars Ian was pissed and Nina was smoking they acted as strangers. The Nian epic moments good or bad is always around some kind of episode. So yeah if in season 5 after Elenas choice will be reunion i’ll say PR if reunion or on and off will start this summer i’ll scream PR from the roof tops and i can bet my ass all action will come from Nina
I’ll give them my respect how they handled Upfronts like a pro and been all smiley and lovely with fans
BUT after openly avoiding each other and i mean they knew that all fans eyes on them and that fans near hotel but they openly avoided each other and today is finale with a huge chance for DE to happen if after that smth will start to hint about them being on again then excuse me….

@Grey:
Yes Sashas comment are nice!! I like her way of thinking!
My favorite movie is Chainging Hearts! God i love him there!! As for his work outside acting….he is such and inspiration!
I haven’t really paid attention to the timing of the relationship together with TVD. But if a reuinion is made after the final episode i can’t blame only Nina here. He is a part to and he can’t say no if he wants to. Both of them can. So if that happens i will blame both. Ian is not a small child that Nina or anyone else can make him do as they order.. That will be a huge PR stant from both sides.
Today they were both profesionals, smiled to the fans and act nice to each other. Lets hope they will keep it that way with no pr situations. Cause that will only do damage to both of them.

wow! well F*ck me i am famous! Kidding here. Hello folks. I am busy tonight but i’ll add my 5 cents. Ok?
So first of all i kinda don’t care about Nian but i am also very impressed how the did Upfronts!
What i know bc i was following Ian for years and been a member on his old board with his dad as one of mods and read his Friday Fives, that the way Ian acted around Nina was not the way he acted when he is in love and proud of it. He was always very open about his girls and proudly speak about them naming them is his love,and always defended them. When last year Nina was bombed by fans in Paris Ian didn’t tweet for fans to stop as he did when fans bombed Meghan and that was for me the last drop it hit the nail for me to be sure that what ever it is between him and Nina is not love relationship
I agree with Grey about Timing of Nian. when you wrote examples everything fits, also that part about private vacations it was all from Nina side, Ian didn’t participated.
I dunno how can Ian stop her from showing up in Paris if this is the plan, but if it is CW thing i doubt Ian can say NO b/c it is producers thing he just can not play along. But also he can’t openly push her away from him
You see the tricky thing Ian can’t not talk about her bc she is co worker and anything he says even if it is hint that she is moody fans see as love declaration. He can’t openly smth like – I don’t do kids or i am not into her bc it is plain rude and offencive. She is a young actress who is in a lot of polls like top sexy so he can’t make comments like that, he can hint on age difference as he did a lot but fans see it as he is ok with the fact that she is younger
I hope this break up each of them will use to build an image of them as their own persons not Nian. Nina has enough fans to shine on her own already. So i hope she will use it.
I don’t thing that she is THAT bad though may be so, truth to be said i didn’t pay attention to her
I trust only Ian words and Ian actions, not what was said by fans. I even don’t trust tweets from cons until i watch the vid
so i can say that Ian is Ok after break up, Ian was a gentelman and didn’t ruin reputation of his co star saying that he is not madly in love with her, he didn’t lie to fans either he was always – i ahve no time for love TVD is my gf. So if they wanted to be delusional it is their own choice
I don’t have problem with Nian. I think they are/were good friends may be with benefits may be not i don’t care. I have problem with Nian fans who do not respect his choices and see him as a personal clown who should live via script they wrote for him
Vera tank you for your kind words and i do agree with almost everything you wrote here as well

@Sasha: I can only imagine your face when you read your name here!! :D
Good point about the producers but they should also think that the TVD fandom is not only the Nian fandom. I believe that there are a lot of fan who couldn’t care less.
Right now Ian and Nina don’t need each other for promosional reasons. Nina has created a fandom for herself. There are many people there that like kai admire her sanz Ian. I don;t think she is bad also. My only problem with her was that she didn’t support Ian with his causes. Sometimes i speak really loud about that cause it bugged me a lot. Other than that no problem – but as you said i didn’t pay attention either. I like her as Elena, prefer her as Katherine – other than that i saw her as Ian’s girl. But not supporting the causes doesn’t mean she is bad. She just have different taste…
Today at the Upfront both of then handled the whole thing ok so fans who were worried what will happen to the show, we can say that both of them are professional enough to handle having scenes together.
As for Nian fans ..i don;t know.. I think they will always twist their words and actions till the time they will see Nina with a new boyfriend or Ian with a new girlfriend..And i pity this boyfriend or girlfriend cause this fandom can be very abusive. They treated Meghan like **** and now they harassed the twitter acounts of friends, family, costars. There is a fine line everywhere but they don’t know it.
Other than that i think that the break up is good for both of them. Ian can give himself to what he loves without being judged that he doesn’t give time to Nina and Nina can shine and do whatever she likes without being judged that she isn’t beside Ian all the time.
Anyway great talking to you guys (i don’t know how great it will be for all the others that will read my blah blah blah) and wish you Good day or Good Night (it’s night here..) :D

I’m sure about the relationship between these two because I never really followed them much but I’ll say this: at 34, Ian will probably stay in television whereas, at 24, Nina may be able to break into films. If she’s smart she will use this window of time before she’s 30 to transition into films. Ian will have a comfortable career in tv.

About careers i may say that,yes, ian does have few not so good tv movies but he has a lot of art house as was said, been on stage and mostly he goes for quality then for quantity. Let’s bee realistic TVD is a good way back to be demanded and popular actor (what he didn’t use right after Lost when he went to art house and indies) and good money to start a business to have a solid background for the life. That it. When Ian was 24 he already had a solid list of excellent roles and done a lot to be respected. What Nina has beside and before TVD? Degrassi well compairing to Young Americans Degrassi is cheap teen age soap and she wasn’t that popular, other movies all together is less than and hour of screen time and not a good work in them
so she has no better chances than Ian
as for Nian.
Well Hey to Sasha, Vera we will miss your bla blah blah i like reading you
But here is one more thing why i hope they are over for good other wise it will be PR
after season 1 no relationship off screen just rumors is Nian real and are Paul and Torrey married already or not/
After season 2 Nian are on and Paul’s and Torrey Marriage, though more on Nian before DE development in seson 3. After season 3 Nian and Paul and Torrey equally shine , same NYC and SantaMonica pics and walks, ones picking up halowwen pumpkin other xmas tree. After season 4 Paul and Torrey shine more and Nian finally break up, If tonight will be official start of DE i wont be surprised.

My my, can’t get through the passages of words but I am a Nina fan. she’s young beautiful and the world’s her oyster. They were good as a couple but I reckon Ian is married to his foundation and his cause, no offence meant but it is a helluva lot of baggage for a woman to put up with. I congratulate Nina for lasting the relationship this long. Ian is here, there and everywhere. He is a crowd and people pleaser and there’s no denying that. He travels alot too and a majority of his female fans see him as a sex symbol. Whoever he dates next has alot to put up with.

Why do people always call CW actors irrelevant? Have you ever thought that they aren’t egotistical and don’t care about being seen out in public like stars from other bigger networks. Just because the CW isn’t a huge network, doesn’t mean its irrelevant. Some of those TV shows have some of the best acting I have ever seen on a TV show and yes that does include some of the cast of VD.

@Anna: best acting? LOL, you need to get out more….poor thing.

The most Ian can hope for is another CW or hope for an ensemble role on a large cable or major network. His skills are about as thin as his hair….

Both look great and professional . Knows how to act after a break up.

Both are great and professional. Knows how to act after a break up.

@Anna: CW is very low on the food chain in HW. Certain actors are completely happy to stay there or jump to another network when the opportunity arises. The truly ambitious want to get out of there as soon as possible and will do whatever it takes..Blake Lively for example. I think Nina has a fair chance of getting out of there and into a movie career.

@BOHJI: Exactly. Ian prefers his organisation and work over everything. He is everywhere but not with Nina most of the time. I am not against him but judging by his interviews he has never considered any commitment with Nina.How can anyone judge Nina for concentrating on work too? She is young and has a career ahead. She can’t settle down at this time.

@Ash:
Every comment here more or less say the same thing from a different prospective. Ian fans say that he wants to work with his foundation Ninas fans say she has a carreer ahead of her.
I am an Ian fan and i aggree with both of you. The only thing being judged here are not Ian and Nina but the Nian fandom who have takes to people and created their storyline for them. Noone asked if Nina wanted to settle down – for me she is way to young, she has a lot of things to leave and learn an experience. And noone asked Ian if he wanted to settle down. The Nian fans are judged here not Ian or Nina solo.
Right now we have to nice people who have broken up – for Nian fans this is the end of the world.. I say that we should respect theit desicion cause they know better. What they had was good – lets leave ot there. The blame game is enough. Media has created a buzz around it – and i bet that this buzz will continue.
The thins is that Ian’s iddentity is not Nina’s boyfriend such Nina’s is not Ian’s girfriend. There fans of Ian like me and fans of Ninas like you that understand that. All the rest like it is Ian’s fault for that or Nina’s fault for this is immature – cuase i the end of the day we don’t know them.
The best solution is the simple one. When Ian twitted people change he wasn’t only talking about Nina, he changed too. Both of them. And there is no good or bad change. There is just change. How many of us ask the same thing that we did 4 years ago? Not so much..So why could’t be the samoe for them
Some fans have created a huge pain in the ass for both of them. Ian is not a lovesick puppie of Ninas as nian fans wanted him to be and i think that Nina has greater things to do that being a good housewife for Ian.
Anyway all i am saying is that the one thing that i got from the comments is that the nian fandom has got on everyones nerves.
And for those that say that Ian’s loses his hair: his hair are just fine – don’t like them don’t look at them. And fir those who say that Nina has something done with her face: her face is just fine, she changed here haircut – people should she the easy solution first people they write a hateful comment. Why on earth should a pretty 24 year old like her do something with her face? That way of thinking is beyond me.

sorry for the typos and spelling mistakes…I should read again before submiting…

nyamahunge moreen @ 05/17/2013 at 3:44 am

thts bd em 2 separate

they and their reps haven’t confirmed the breakup….

nyamahunge moreen @ 05/17/2013 at 3:48 am

4 sure i luved their couple! oh its ril hard 2 believe tht thy separated oh gosh

@Maria:
I agree with everything you said. People should stop projecting their own fantasies on them. Whatever they had was great and I am sure they will cherish it but sadly it is over now.

Ian is ridiculously good looking, a great and talented man, i’m sure he has a wonderful Future ahead :)

@Maria: Nina definitely has something done with her face! Its really obvious! And if you can’t see it you’re blind! No offence.

@emma: how can they deny it when they never dated in first Place? Ian never confirmed anything.

@Ash:
That and that we should admire the one (whoever we like) without feeling the need of saying bad things for the other.

@Sam:
I agree that Ian is a wonderful man really smart and sexy. As you said they can’t deny what they haven’t accepted. I stopped walking into discussion with Nian fans a long time ago. They can’t see the obvious. They won;t an official statement that the relationship has ended…seriously?

won;t = want. I can’t get a comment right. Sorry people.

Missy: “Nina and Ian obviously didn’t love each other enough. You can still have a good time with friends and have a career with a loving partner by your side. He’ll find someone else. No problems there.”

WORD

The answer to all of this is simple: They were not meant to be and they were not that in love (from both sides).

Period.

@Rosa:

Don’t think that’s very nice. Exactly what have you done in your life? Wouldn’t you want to be a part of a popular show on any network? Isn’t a part of you jealous that no matter the “whoring” of attention these two do, they’ll still make more than you ever will. Unless of course your’re a millionaire. It’s ok I’m pretty sure the majority of us are a little envious.

@Maria: Agreed. Won’t say another word. :)

I think Nina looks the same as always she doesn’t need work done, she just looks tired and maybe a bit sad!!

As was said above ppl here do not hate or having problem with Nian we are having problem with Nian shippers, poor actors can’t live their own life, even when the act as they broke up inderectly confirming previous article fans still come and say they are together
what is saddening me is the parallel – DE is OF Nina is in BOOOM, DE is ON Nina -broke
I pray to all saints that Nian will continue broke thing bc if Nina will pop up around Ian with reunion hints that will scream the PR stunt
i know me and a lot of other saying this as a broken record but darn the timing is fishy so it makes things like that obvious
as for being CW actors being low profile actors, well that is BS the main thing for an actor is to ppl love them, you can be an A listed but the most hated celeb but you can be on CW but loved by nation and ppl all over the world

IAN LOOKS HOT! WHO CAN TELL THAT HE IS IN HIS 30s? I REALLY FEEL SORRY FOR YOU NINA.

People need to stop the blame game or feeling sorry for one side. I don’t think this was sudden at all. Just because an article was released last week doesn’t mean that they haven’t been trying to sort out issues for months. Do the ‘cuties’ really have the same passions and interests? They are getting on with their life. So be it.

What’s also laughable is all you immature vampire shippers and haters dissing Ian about being nothing but a CW network actor. If you bothered to read his articles, you would know that he wants to cut back on showbiz within the next ten years and he has set himself up with several businesses and projects on the side. So keep on serving your fries at McDonalds while this intelligent man is counting his millions. Idiots!