Reese Witherspoon Joins Joaquin Phoenix in 'Inherent Vice'

Reese Witherspoon Joins Joaquin Phoenix in 'Inherent Vice'

Reese Witherspoon chats on her cell phone while getting out of her car and heading into Boa restaurant for lunch on Thursday afternoon (May 16) in Los Angeles.

It was just reported that the 37-year-old actress will be reuniting with her Walk the Line co-star Joaquin Phoenix in the upcoming movie Inherent Vice, according to Deadline.

The film will also star Owen Wilson and Benecio del Toro and be directed by Paul Thomas Anderson. It “takes place in Los Angeles at the turn of the 1970s, as drug-fueled detective Larry “Doc” Sportello investigates the disappearance of an ex-girlfriend.”

reese witherspoon joins joaquin phoenix in inherent vice 01
reese witherspoon joins joaquin phoenix in inherent vice 02
reese witherspoon joins joaquin phoenix in inherent vice 03
reese witherspoon joins joaquin phoenix in inherent vice 04
reese witherspoon joins joaquin phoenix in inherent vice 05
reese witherspoon joins joaquin phoenix in inherent vice 06
reese witherspoon joins joaquin phoenix in inherent vice 07
reese witherspoon joins joaquin phoenix in inherent vice 08
reese witherspoon joins joaquin phoenix in inherent vice 09

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
Happy_Evil_Dude @ 05/16/2013 at 9:06 pm

That’s all well and good…but DO I KNOW WHO SHE IS?

thought it was the daughter

Was excited for this movie, but her in it sounds awful.

She just killed that movie! No Thanks! Sorry Joaquin and PTA!

I wonder if she remembers that she had a baby.

It is funny how Hollywood forgives, embraces and rewards someone like Reese. but punishes others. I guess being drunk and allowing your drunk husband to drive and endanger others plus disobey, disrespect and lie to the police is not a big deal in Hollywood. Take someone like Wynona Ryder who did not work for years and her comeback was a small role and it is still not getting major roles. Although Wynona’s recent role in The Iceman was substantial and fantastic. Then take another one like Kristen Stewart who actually did not break any laws and is way younger than Reese yet Kristen is still being burned at the stake and probably won’t get much work. Not to mention that Reese’s latest movies have all been ripped apart by the critics and bombed at the box office. I guess it pays that she married a big public relations Hollywood hot shot, albeit a drunk.

Hahahahaha. I’m sorry but I’ve never seen her look more ridiculous.

Don’t you remember? The baby stole her brain!

@Sam: Excellent Post I agree with you %100

@Pattycake
You haven’t? Did you not see all their arrest footage? rotflmao

The Music Man @ 05/16/2013 at 11:52 pm

B!tches! DON’T YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I AM ON AMERICAN SOIL and will get ANY film that THEY owe me!

Hey PTA,
GOOD LUCK WITH HER ON SET! I will be praying for you man!

@Sam: Reese and Wynona Ryder both very good actors but Stewart is mediocre just a bad actor, she isn’t up to her peers

@Twinkie: You’re right. I should have said that I’ve never seen her try so hard but yet look so ridiculous…although her last Oscar get up came close.

I know all @ 05/17/2013 at 12:44 am

Whether you haters want to admit it or not, her scoring this PTA movie is a MAJOR get.

This arrest was the best thing that ever happened to her career.

I know all @ 05/17/2013 at 12:44 am

Pattycake, remember when Ryan Phillippe won that Oscar for…oh ya, nothing.

I know all @ 05/17/2013 at 12:46 am

Sam,

Her last film, MUD, has recieved STELLAR reviews. This is Reese 3.0, Ms. Witherspoon if you nasty.

@Macy: You obviously have not watched some of Kristen’s movies before Twilight including The Runways. Reese’s performance in her last couple of movies were harshly criticized. Not just the movies but her performances as well.

Does anyone know what brand her bag is? I really like this bag she has. Ive seen it only a couole of times in oictures, and cant figure out who makes it. Looks maybe prada or burberry???

@Sally, Looks like Jason Wu, but I may be wrong.

@I know all: Pattycake is the worst thing that ever happened to Ryan Phillippe. I’m sure he would like nothing more than to disassociate himself from all things Reese. Freaky fans like Pat who stalk him constantly and bring him up in comparison to Reese 100 times a day on every site on the internet undermine his ability to have his own existence. You have to wonder if she ever pays attention to anything else. I bet he wishes she would back off.

Dirk_Reese-Fan @ 05/17/2013 at 9:05 am

Reese has a great talent for all possible characters yep!
And this movie sounds interesting!
Fine to see her again.

Mud is not “Her Movie”. She has a very minimal role in it. She can land ANYthing but the real issue is quality. She does quantity and the quality of her acting is not there. She’s a diva on set, her way or the highway and has to control everything. So it will be interesting to see how EVERYthing from this point plays out for her.

Her and Phoenix were brilliant in walk the line :)

@BWR n @I know all @ 05/17/2013 at 3:17 pm

Here’s something for you…How do you know about this @Pattycake on ALL this sites? You both must be doing the same thing you are stating that they are doing because how else would you know what you are stating? and @BWR, using a moniker that represents a PR firm that happens to represent Mr. Phillippe and use to represent Ms Witherspoon, that’s fraud and I am sure they would not take kind to any misrepresentation since Mr Phillippe’s publicist is way to classy, educated to stoop this low along with others at firm to attack a poster about one of their clients who you probably know nothing about except that they are a fan of Mr Phillippe and not Ms Witherspoon which is a non issue to Mr Phillippe who would take any legal action against anyone that threatened them in anyway. You both are trolls with no knowledge of anything real and have a personal vendetta against a poster who does not endorse your ideas.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All