Kanye West: 'SNL' Performance of 'New Slaves' - Watch Now!

Kanye West: 'SNL' Performance of 'New Slaves' - Watch Now!

Kanye West hits the stage for a performance of his hot new single “New Slaves” during an appearance on Saturday Night Live on Saturday (May 18) in New York City.

The 35-year-old rapper debuted the new song the night before by projecting a video on 66 buildings across the world. If you missed it, make sure to watch the video!

During the show, which was the season finale and hosted by Ben Affleck, Kanye also performed a song of his called “Black Skinhead”.

WHAT DID YOU THINK of Kanye West’s performances on Saturday Night Live?

Kanye West – “New Slaves”

Click inside to watch Kanye West‘s performance of “Black Skinhead”…

Kanye West – “Black Skinhead”

• Who is Fun. frontman Nate Ruess dating?- US Weekly
  • Ray J is being charged with 10 crimes- TMZ
  • The Bachelorette's Andi Dorfman addresses pregnancy rumors- Gossip Cop
  • Louie has been renewed for one more season- Entertainment Weekly
  • Miley Cyrus is the latest victim of an internet death hoax- Huffington Post
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Genevieve Morton shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All
Jenniebaby @ 05/19/2013 at 2:38 am

Not only did the rant not make sense to anyone but him it also paid homage to him as he clumsily tripped his way through the lyrics, almost embarrassingly so. I kinda felt badly for him for a millisecond. Is it normal for one to pay homage to one’s self when one is claiming to be humble? Yeah, I think he’s either insane or frankly, stupid with a quirky gift to market crap. Marketing is his gift, not rapping, not writing, selling the product is all he knows how to do.

This is epic. THIS IS NOT A RANT BUT WHAT RAP IS SUPPOSE TO BE! Kanye is upping the rap game as usual. This is how I like my rap but this is also rock and something else but whatever it is, I love, love, love. God bless Kimye!

@Jenniebaby: He didn’t stumble through anything. He just censored his song for public television. Maybe you should think before you speak out next time.

Larry Poke @ 05/19/2013 at 3:01 am

What kind of a world do we live in where thugs like West get more press than Mother Teresa did in a lifetime.

Veego 3001 @ 05/19/2013 at 3:10 am

I don’t know what you just saw, and the only thing I saw him having trouble with was not cussing or saying the ‘N’ word (which he did at least once. This was dope, & I am excited to see Kanye using his musical talents to give a message to the youth. I would LOVE to see him start really speaking to people about things that matter, not to say he hasn’t before, he has, but both were intelligent & had social commentary. He hasn’t had an album yet that didn’t get constant replay, I doubt he will start now.

Kanye is a joke. He’s never been relevant and tonight he was the worst musical guest since the lip synching Ashlee. As soon as he goes away, the world will be a better place.

Electrifying, even punk. Certainly butch.

Surprise, surprise… Kanye debuts some polarizing, difficult, trend-bucking music, and people like “jenniebaby” and “Larry Poke” fly to the internet to display their lack of understanding of both art and culture. One thinks Mother Theresa didn’t get enough “press” (FYI, she’s a household name the world over and will be in history books forever), and the another thinks Kanye is only skilled at “marketing” despite the fact that he performed one song called “Black Skinheads” that sounded like Nine Inch Nails and another called “New Slaves” that was essentially a narrative. Yeah, what a talentless, opportunistic, commercial hack. Get real…and learn how to appreciate art. You’ll be happier, I promise.

@Reason:

Yeah, never been relevant…except when he produced half of Jay-Z’s Blueprint, made multiple Grammy-nominated albums, and became a a post-gangstarap phenomenon without ever, EVER doing lyrics about being violent, selling drugs, and so on. Yep, you’re right… just another run-of-the-mill pop artist.

i hate kane west @ 05/19/2013 at 3:36 am

i hate Kane west. He cool dough –dope as all heck. man check his flow he be amazin he always be fazin me. i rap i got a cool azz group. we cooler than Kane west–he stupid ran into that pole shoppin for a mansion to be a new slave in.–America is sooo rascist. I like Matchbox 21 too my Faves–and Madogma–Green Bay Packas foooo!! IM audi 5000–g word to yalls mova!!–check out my Band be be cooler than Kane WESTS!!!–OUT YALL LIMP BIZKIT + MY GROUP= cool!!!

i hate kane west @ 05/19/2013 at 3:42 am

He never did anything cool. He broke!! HE BE RENTIN CORS AND SHIZZ!!–Check out my Rap group Jack deerborn and the Hearattacks we play oldies music–we like the band the noodles—Kane be cool we toured with Kane west. He open for us! he broke dough–I bought him 40′s and shizz i hope Kane in the gutter someday–he mean dont give money or food to bums azz hole—-he jerk i love carrie undewood he mean man—matchbox 22 is better than him–Kane fans are thugs with guns!!i hate him hypocrite–i hate america –i slave —but i am rich as hell–nobody tells me what to do–im still a slave??/ cool message!!art is cool i **** on his art

i hate kane west @ 05/19/2013 at 3:43 am

****

I was hoping there’d be a dirty great big Trap beat drop at the end for about 25 seconds or so.

@Greg: What do you mean by relevant? What does being relevant actually mean? Rapping about something topical? People paying attention to your music?

i hate kane west @ 05/19/2013 at 3:49 am

I was hoping for a dirtygreat Trap beat drop at the end for about 25 seconds or so–im an idiot thats why i was hoping for this. I think im smart. I know about drum and production im an expert i will show off.

i hate kane west @ 05/19/2013 at 3:55 am

Jack Deerborn is comming to your town soon. Im already on hot 94 fooo!!Jack and the attacks man we rap so heavy fat like Heavy d or fat like fat joe or pun or jon candy my group be Fat azz like kims booty–Kane ran into that pole!!!–HA AH I ALWAYS USED TO LAUGH AT GUYZ WHO DID THAT AT MY HIGH SCKOOL–jACK IS BACK SO KANE AND KIM AND ALL YALLS WACK.. BUY MY ALBUM

I just wanna say I love Greg’s comment. And yeah Yeezus is going to be amazing, those two tracks were so diverse and awesome.

Hey, if you don’t like it, then don’t watch it ever again.

Dope performance.

He is SO full of himself. His songs are offensive and he is a hypocrite. Slaves encourages violence against women. He lives in that world and he acts like he is on the outside. He is SO in it. He is Reality TV Kanye now. Not God. Not Jesus. Self-indulgent, petulant, whiny brat is what he is.

@Greg:

And Nine Inch Nails shudders at this comparison.

@Jenniebaby: the rant made perfect sense. He was making an informed statement about how we’re all slaves to corporate america. Hasn’t stumbling over his lyrics, he was censoring himself because as you know, swearing isn’t allowed on live tv.
What’s more, the beat was great, and his technique was as good as ever.

Character @ 05/19/2013 at 4:05 am

@Jenniebaby:Jealous jealousy. Your peanut brain could not make what he was saying so you choose to run him down as usual.
Fair skinned folks!!!!

he didn’t fumbe over words. He replaced the n word. Listen to the song before you speak next time.@Jenniebaby: @Jenniebaby:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All