Brad Pitt to 'Esquire': 'I Haven't Known Life to Be Any Happier'

Brad Pitt to 'Esquire': 'I Haven't Known Life to Be Any Happier'

Brad Pitt rocks a pair of shades on the cover of Esquire magazine‘s June/July issue, on newsstands May 31.

Here is what the 49-year-old actor had to share with the mag in his first magazine profile to be released since news broke of his partner Angelina Jolie‘s double mastectomy:

On his family making him happy: “I have very few friends. I have a handful of close friends and I have my family and I haven’t known life to be any happier. I’m making things. I just haven’t known life to be any happier.”

On changing the direction of his life: “I’d get so far and then want to do something else. I mean, I’m two credits short of graduating college. Two credits. All I had to do was write a paper. What kind of guy is that? That guy scares me – the guy who always leaves a little on his plate. For a long time I thought I did too much damage – drug damage. I was a bit of a drifter. A guy who felt he grew up in something of a vacuum and wanted to see things, wanted to be inspired. I followed that other thing. I spent years f–king off. But then I got burnt out and felt that I was wasting my opportunity. It was a conscious change. This was about a decade ago. It was an epiphany – a decision not to squander my opportunities. It was a feeling of get up. Because otherwise, what’s the point?”

On missing his kids when they’re not around: “I always thought that if I wanted to do a family, I wanted to do it big. I wanted there to be chaos in the house… there’s constant chatter in our house, whether it’s giggling or screaming or crying or banging. I love it. I love it. I love it. I hate it when they’re gone. I hate it. Maybe it’s nice to be in a hotel room for a day – ‘Oh, nice, I can finally read a paper.’ But then, by the next day, I miss that cacophony, all that life.”

For more from Brad, visit Esquire.com!

brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 01
brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 02
brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 03
brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 04
brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 05
brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 06
brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 07
brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 08

ABC

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 735 » Show All
Media Wh@re MANiston @ 05/20/2013 at 7:36 pm

He is so hot. Love this man.

Brad Pitt could easily be a male model. He is handsome & sexy with a face and body to make people drool (male & female). He is also a man with a compassionate & loving spirit. Love the JP family!

BloodbuzzOhio @ 05/20/2013 at 7:44 pm

Kurt Cobain, anyone?

What is it about men. So what he was doing before didn’t make him feel like a man? He has to change everything so he can feel good about himself and what he is doing. Give me a break. You give someone everything, and they’ll walk away because it hurts their ego that it was too easy. As if he had it so bad before.

The first picture in all white should have been the cover. He looks so great.

This man pushes himself to be the best. His parents must be very proud of all he has accomplished. He and Angie are such good people. I wish we had more people like them on this planet.

were the morons @ 05/20/2013 at 7:52 pm

“But then I got burnt out and felt that I was wasting my opportunity. It was a conscious change. This was about a decade ago. It was an epiphany – a decision not to squander my opportunities. It was a feeling of get up. Because otherwise, what’s the point?”

LOVE that quote.

were the morons @ 05/20/2013 at 7:54 pm

““I always thought that if I wanted to do a family, I wanted to do it big. I wanted there to be chaos in the house… there’s constant chatter in our house, whether it’s giggling or screaming or crying or banging. I love it. I love it”

AHHMAZING! Love brad and angie!

this guy is so OVERRATED. never understood the fuss over him and George Clooney. they’re obviously not unattractive men, but definitely NOT all that. Brad isn’t aging well and his bank account is more attractive than he is.

Laugh but find out from that there is a new thread and can’t help it make me get in trouble u….
He look hot. Can you clone him angie one for everyone lol
Love him and best when he’s not in depression talk
Like the interview and the self analysis answer.love what he said about his life-family . Beauty

were the morons @ 05/20/2013 at 7:55 pm

But damn, I could feel the pain he was suffering 10 years ago, in those quotes, with AHEM…fuggiston.

Brad looks so hot in the photoshoot.

William Bradley Pitt!!! He is a renaissance man. God bless the Jolie -Pitts!!!

Brad is hot. But he would be smoking hot if he cut his hair.

from other thread @ 05/20/2013 at 7:57 pm

tweet @ 05/20/2013 at 7:45 pm

Brad Pitt photoshoot on Esquire website
++++++++++++++

Esquire Magazine ‏@Esquiremag now

For our latest cover story, our photographer @MaxVadukul gave Brad Pitt a camera and let him shoot: http://esqm.ag/6016kEta

so hot love he pic of him smiling

Um, Jared? Can’t you keep birthdays straight? Pitt is 49 and turns 50 in December.

prayers for the people of oklahoma

smokin’ hot; the all white photo is, well, the pose……..s*x personified…….boy does this boy love kids………he and ticky were doomed from day one……sooo different people who wanted entirely different things out of life…….

omg omg um, ok I just want to tackle him..is that wrong?

Yes Brad!

Apparently Brad hates his life ten years ago.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 735 » Show All