Brad Pitt to 'Esquire': 'I Haven't Known Life to Be Any Happier'

Brad Pitt to 'Esquire': 'I Haven't Known Life to Be Any Happier'

Brad Pitt rocks a pair of shades on the cover of Esquire magazine‘s June/July issue, on newsstands May 31.

Here is what the 49-year-old actor had to share with the mag in his first magazine profile to be released since news broke of his partner Angelina Jolie‘s double mastectomy:

On his family making him happy: “I have very few friends. I have a handful of close friends and I have my family and I haven’t known life to be any happier. I’m making things. I just haven’t known life to be any happier.”

On changing the direction of his life: “I’d get so far and then want to do something else. I mean, I’m two credits short of graduating college. Two credits. All I had to do was write a paper. What kind of guy is that? That guy scares me – the guy who always leaves a little on his plate. For a long time I thought I did too much damage – drug damage. I was a bit of a drifter. A guy who felt he grew up in something of a vacuum and wanted to see things, wanted to be inspired. I followed that other thing. I spent years f–king off. But then I got burnt out and felt that I was wasting my opportunity. It was a conscious change. This was about a decade ago. It was an epiphany – a decision not to squander my opportunities. It was a feeling of get up. Because otherwise, what’s the point?”

On missing his kids when they’re not around: “I always thought that if I wanted to do a family, I wanted to do it big. I wanted there to be chaos in the house… there’s constant chatter in our house, whether it’s giggling or screaming or crying or banging. I love it. I love it. I love it. I hate it when they’re gone. I hate it. Maybe it’s nice to be in a hotel room for a day – ‘Oh, nice, I can finally read a paper.’ But then, by the next day, I miss that cacophony, all that life.”

For more from Brad, visit Esquire.com!

brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 01
brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 02
brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 03
brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 04
brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 05
brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 06
brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 07
brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 08

Photos: Esquire
Posted to: Brad Pitt, Magazine

Getty
  • Channing Tatum is making a movie about his father's heartbreaking story - US Weekly
  • Did Prince have a prescription drug problem? - TMZ
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Empire - Gossip Cop
  • Shawn Mendes is dishing details on his new album - Just Jared Jr
  • Is Kylie Jenner buying Tyga a home? - Radar
  • This is Leonardo DiCaprio taking a selfie - Huffington Post
  • Beyonce kicks off her Formation World Tour in Miami - Lainey Gossip
  • Check out the complete list of TV pilots for the upcoming fall season - The Hollywood Reporter
  • Ⱦamsin

Oh LOL this is hilarious… Pothead is taking a lot of heat for his stupidity on bashing his exwife… just when people where starting to feel sympathy for him and his concubine; he just reminded them of how he cheated on his wife with Ho!!!

JP Trolls- better hurry up, get your proxies ready and head over there to do some free PR work because MSN roasting your idol alive!

But-but I thought loons had said Pitty and Ho were beloved everywhere!?? XD

• mmu

@umm: we’re not all maniston hens. It looks like pitt hens are in a deep delusional field of rosé colored glasses. Eventually this stunt that pitt orchestrated will come back to bite them. I noticed he has been using wording that sounds similar to Jolie’s op-ed. Are you sure he didn’t write it for wwz publicity? Im not. The op-ed suspiciously sounded like him…even going far enough to write his full name in where she was supposedly talking about her “devoted” partner. Idont know but something smells and this time it isn’t pt passing gass.

• umm

Passing Through @ 05/22/2013 at 7:20 pm

# 701 Jaye @ 05/22/2013 at 6:40 pm
    Wait – not Ticky is a huge Clint Eastwood fan…who’s well-known to have a mutual admiration society with Angie? I guess Ticky’s stalking will never end. HOpe Squigs is paying attention…
    =========
    Maniston’s stalking Angie is becoming too obviously.

• Pitt Fan

If paramount thought the film sucked they wouldn’t
    have done the reshoots in the first place. They
    would have left the original ending in and dump it
    Sept or oct. And be done with it.

• Wonderbust

tampon is spamming the board with his various alt names per usual. Duhlisted doesnt want him nor will they join in trashing Pitt on this site so he has no choice but to create names and talk to himself.

• umm

But pretty sure Clint will never hire Maniston unless Clint is to make a stupid romcom. lol.

• Pitt Fan

Or in Jan.

• an opinion

@Derp: Your the stupid one. If they were trying to off load WWZ as you say they would not open it in June.

• Dawne

Clint Eastwood and Ticky in the same sentence would send most people to the barf bag…….but this trick is so tone deaf she doesn’t even realize she gave half of the suits in HW their laugh of the week.

And the ‘one’ good trailer review……bought and paid for…..assuredly.

• mmu

I@mmu: I think the real reason people like you are so pressed over his words is because he tells how deeply involved in DRUGS he was during your favorite brad years. LoL so drugged up he thinks he has brain damage. That doesn’t sit well with your girl or her fans. That’s why she had that nose job back in the day. Duh. Angie has admitted to her drugged up ways and we still lurv her.THATS HOW THINGS ROLL WHEN YOU’RE THE QUEEN.

• Tickys trailer

I guess they are mad because they saw how ticky can’t act on Ellen today. Her bomb trailer came out, and they know that sucked too. Her giggolo ain’t worth dog caca.
    Si what’s new in the troll world?

• mmu

@mmu: teehee I’m stones aye that was meant for tamiqua… Or is his name mrgracious?

• mmu

The real revelation was not brad being drugged, it’s the fact that it wasn’t pot , it was COCAINE AND HEROIN. I remember an insider once said gwyneth paltrow a daddio HATED brad because he showed up to family dinner and couldn’t stop nodding out. True. True. True, true. Jennifer still luvs that chelsea handler aka blow.

• Tickys trailer

Ticky a stripper looks like rachel green stripping. Her stomach has a middle age pouch to it. Now why do they think people want to see this again?

• Wonderbust

Anyways did you all see Angelina made the list of 100 most powerful women in the world. Where o where is ticky. For someone who hasnt been on screen in 3 years Angelina still has so much power. I am sure the trolls saw her on the cover of the very iconic TIMES magazine and on the cover of every major newspaper in the WORLD. Imagine in 2014 when Maleficent and Unbroken is released.

• Wonderbust

@Ⱦamsin:
    hey salacious did you pick up your copy of TIMES magazine?

• yib

It is impossible year after year the same thing in all it is not one thing.tue trolls the same trolls panic when it is about brad not for other man in hollyood,these so called fans the same talk about maniston every word keep her attached and for her benifets with their expense,the same means huvesy can not afford to accept a liberating talk.from the wrong fairy tell that has being sold so same all the time all same same same. If one was in the comma and wake up he still think the same year nothing changed much.
    blame their pr people. Blame these people here.blame the way they use the use the window to get in instead of the door. The result is the same what u r last year u will be. No ones fault you twos.

• Ⱦamsin

Oh the stalking loontard known as JPFan/Wonderslutt/Werethemorons/FFersExposed is getting angry.

Now now little lemming, don’t get your panties in bunch again just like you did last night. You couldn’t get any sleep posting all that crap under my moniker… hehehe.

And sweetie, don’t strain yourself posting so much crap with all of your aliases at the same time. There’s no way you can spin the drug addict of the mess he’s in this time around! He really screwed up big time by dissing his ex wife again! :D

And LOL, unlike you, I don’t need to post as anybody else. When I post, everybody knows it’s me. Why would I need help?

• More Jolie fans despise Pitt

lem says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:57 am
    I’m sorry but all this “reporting” on him and his reaction and how he dealt with it…it seems too contrived at this point. I think what she did is amazing and I totally commend her for it. But all the shit that has been coming out regarding him just makes me think less of him and that it’s more about his ego/reputation than raising awareness.

Guesto says:
    May 22, 2013 at 12:12 pm
    I’m thinking ‘enough already’ too. What it’s starting to do is dilute the impact of what she did and the low-key, graceful, matter of fact manner in which she did it.

Pitt is just not interesting enough to warrant this amount of coat-tail attention.

Just Passing Through says:
    May 22, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Sal says something bradtarded

Guesto says:
    May 22, 2013 at 2:14 pm
    @Sal, dear oh dear, take a deep breath and calm down. You are sounding a little too involved here. If you want to see everything Jolie-Pitt related as pure and PR-free, by all means, do, but please allow those of us who are a little less gullible express our opinions without being bombarded with charges of ignorance and stupidity.

zut alors! says:
    May 22, 2013 at 7:55 pm
    Amen! But why are you surprised? Angie bears all the pain and criticism while Brad reaps all the reflected glory and kudos. It’s how this relationship has been from the beginning.

• Ⱦamsin

I like big dickss and I cannot lie

• lucy

@Tickys trailer: Damnn, I’m kind of shocked at the trailer Jared has up for Ticky’s movie, I would hope this doesn’t play anywhere near anyone under 17, showing the guy’s di*k and ballz, OK, not a prude, but you don’t see that too often in a movie’s trailer. Ticky must be sooo proud that she’s ending her career on such a low note, but come to think of it, that’s appropriate for Ticky.

• More Jolie fans despise Pitt

zut alors! says:
    May 22, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Amen sister, amen.

• More Jolie fans despise Pitt

Just Passing Through says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:32 am
    I love Angelina….but why do I get the strange feeling that Brad is exploiting this to benefit the upcoming release of WWZ? I don’t know, but the timing to release the details of her personal struggle is a little suspect. He’s a little swarmy if you ask me and I think he’s got a lot riding on the success of this film. JMO.

Poppy says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:36 am
    Funny, I just suggested the same thing above and wondered if I’m the only one who thinks that. It’s all a bit much, no? And I’m saying that as a big Angelina fan. I love how she handled the situation. Him- I don’t know. Seems like he’s fishing for fiancee of the century award, when really- as a lot of posters above have pointed out- OF COURSE he was by her side. What sort of guy wouldn’t be??

Just Passing Through says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:59 am
    I agree, Poppy. I’m a huge Angelina fan, always have been….but, Brad, not so much. She always handles things with such grace and humility. Brad could take a few lessons from her. I also wonder why the need to vocalize how he has been so supportive and stood beside her…that should go without saying.

Kim…if you think Brad wasn’t instrumental in the timing of this announcement, you need to take off the rose colored glasses. Brad is swarmy. Period.

• yib

Why not u get the fck out here? U act like this because. U terrified. If brad successful u think it is over for u . U and cook is laughabe
    Why not u care about other men?
    Huvane can not aford s libration talk of brad.
    Youcan not afford if he succeeded.
    Same same same

• Cassi

I think Ticky career is heading to Demi Moore’s direction. Remember Demi Moore played a stripper, and afterwards, her career was in shiit hole, never recovered from it.

• Ⱦamsin

What JP trolls fail to understand is that their druggy idol needs to separate sitting in his own waste (drugs and what-not) from who he was married to, because you make those sorts of decisions for yourself. If he’s using the person he’s married to dictate how he lives, then he was never in control to begin with.

Making this claim would easily prove the empty vessel this little man is, and loons don’t want to believe that, or do they? :D

• Wonderbust

Tickys age mates Naomi Watts, Nicole Kidman, Cate Blanchette are busy putting out movies of substance and ticky who has been in the industry for over 20 years is playing a stripper in a comedy at the end of the summer movie season. Read the comments of hens when Wonderbust trailor premiered same shitt but they won’t go and see it.

• Jaye

WE’RE THE MILLERS TRAILER
    Huff post entertainment page: Red band
    collider.com Red band and green band trailers
    Get it while it’s hot. NOT!

• Maleficent

Maniston has no talent that’s why she strip down & hoping people will see her movie.That’s all she does, show her body to the world. No shame.

• Oh The Lies…

The Ticky trailer is not her body. It is a BODY DOUBLE. JJ has the photos of the chick unless he removed them plus it has been reported she was noot bearing nothing. SHE IS A FAKE AND WILL THROUGH TEETH THAT IT WAS HER during interviews. Just watch.

• More Jolie fans despise Pitt

@yib: lol nope I post for 2 reasons 1 . It makes you mad 2. You brangtarded fans need to realize that a lot of people feel the same as I do.

We can’t stand brad. I liked what that poster from ontd said. It was something like” I loathe loathe loathe brad pitt. I loathe him so much that I’m started to loath Jolie. I can’t wait for them to breakup so I can Stan jolie full time again. I fking hate that pig.” That was shocking and hilarious.

• Jones

Lordy, Lordy. Just saw the Morons trailer and it looks worse that Wonderbust, if that’s even possible. Geez, I kinda feel bad for Jason Sudeikis and I’m not really a fan of his. I’ll definitely be buying a ticket for Elysium that weekend.

• lmao

We Are the Miller trailer is embarrassingly bad.

• Maleficent

I am not watching Ellen because of her co host.

• More Jolie fans despise Pitt

Repost

More Jolie fans despise Pitt @ 05/22/2013 at 9:23 pm
    lem says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:57 am
    I’m sorry but all this “reporting” on him and his reaction and how he dealt with it…it seems too contrived at this point. I think what she did is amazing and I totally commend her for it. But all the **** that has been coming out regarding him just makes me think less of him and that it’s more about his ego/reputation than raising awareness.
    Guesto says:
    May 22, 2013 at 12:12 pm
    Just Passing Through says:
    May 22, 2013 at 12:34 pm
    Sal says something bradtarded
    Guesto says:
    May 22, 2013 at 2:14 pm
    zut alors! says:
    May 22, 2013 at 7:55 pm

• Aniston’s upcoming bomb

@Wonderbust: lmao. Ticky’s career is over…she should just go out gracefully.

• More Jolie fans despise Pitt

Repost

Just Passing Through says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:32 am
    Poppy says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:36 am
    Just Passing Through says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:59 am

• lucy

@Maleficent: One glance at the trailer and it’s apparent there’s a body double, it’s so obvious, one minute the stripper/wh@re character has a big gut and pudgy thighs, the next shot the stripper/wh@ore character doesn’t, Oh yeah Ticky, you’re really fooling everyone..not!

• Wonderbust

can someone post the pics of the body double. Im still lol at a 44 year old doing this role. As I said, Nicole, Cate, and Naomi would NEVER.

• media Wh@re MANiston

@Cassi:

The problem is Demi did have some talent. MANiston has been doing movies how many years now and still gets pay 8-10 mil. If the studios believe she’s good, they would’ve paid her 20 mil like they did with Angie in Salt.

• an opinion

Ticky is always Rachel Green. Except when she is drunk Rachel Green and slurring her words like in the Friend reunion video.

• yolly

@media Wh@re MANiston: How about on the cover of Playboy Magazine, that suits her.

There are WWZ screenings in NYC and LA today. This person is a journalist for NY Times.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

david carr ‏@carr2n now

Just saw Brad Pitt save the world from a bunch of zombies. I gotta say he did a good job of it.

• media Wh@re MANiston

@yolly:

That’s perfect.

Angie=Time Magazine
    MANiston = Playboy Magazine.

• More Jolie fans despise Pitt

LoL says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:21 am
    “They are very loving and inspiring to each other, exchanging ideas,” says Jeremy Kleiner, a longtime exec at Pitt’s Plan B production company and producer on his upcoming movie World War Z.

I’m pretty sure this is Pitt approved. Perfect timing for World war z. He also has his makeup lady & furniture designer blabbing about Jolie in Esquire.

Poppy says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:32 am
    I know it’s a cynical thing to say amongst all this general praise for angelina (which I don’t object to, of course), but the world war z-producers must be thrilled about all this great and completely free publicity for brad.

lama says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:39 am
    but we all know that with Brange it’s never coincidence… it was planned as always (I’m talking about release this information not mastectomy),now I’m waiting for photo ops with kids and some charity donations…

LoL says:
    May 22, 2013 at 4:22 pm
    Yes funny enough Brad Pitt is a wwz producer.

Kim1 says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:45 am
    Oh yeah because middle aged women are going to see a Zombie movie because Jolie had her breast removed.@LOL if you believe its a PR move than you believe AJ is behind since she went public to NYT.So she is worse than he is using her surgery to sell movie tickets.Right ,@LOL

LoL says:
    May 22, 2013 at 4:23 pm
    Yes, kim I believe angelina really wants to help women but she also feels obligated to help Brad sell his movie. Sad really.

• Wonderbust

hey guys there was a WWZ screening tonight so hopefully we will get some tweets.

Nick Lehman ‏@NickL 18m
    #worldwarZ screening – will take a while for my pulse to get back to normal (@ Museum of Modern Art (MoMA))

• Wonderbust

@tweet:
    you beat me to it :)

• an opinion

Confident people just do it. Pretenders say they will do it in five years. LOL
    Production Weekly ‏@prodweek 1h
    .@CourteneyCox to make her feature directorial debut with HELLO, I MUST BE GOING starring @IAmSeannScott, @RobRiggle & @garretdillahunt

• Jaye

Ok Jared has We’re The miller’s trail up. I thought it wasn’t up or wasn’t working. Anyway, it’s easier looking at it here. But, in case it gets removed, there are other links elsewhere.

• Wonderbust

@an opinion:
    good for Courtney. She said some kind words about Angie on extra in regards to the NYT piece too