Brad Pitt to 'Esquire': 'I Haven't Known Life to Be Any Happier'

Brad Pitt to 'Esquire': 'I Haven't Known Life to Be Any Happier'

Brad Pitt rocks a pair of shades on the cover of Esquire magazine‘s June/July issue, on newsstands May 31.

Here is what the 49-year-old actor had to share with the mag in his first magazine profile to be released since news broke of his partner Angelina Jolie‘s double mastectomy:

On his family making him happy: “I have very few friends. I have a handful of close friends and I have my family and I haven’t known life to be any happier. I’m making things. I just haven’t known life to be any happier.”

On changing the direction of his life: “I’d get so far and then want to do something else. I mean, I’m two credits short of graduating college. Two credits. All I had to do was write a paper. What kind of guy is that? That guy scares me – the guy who always leaves a little on his plate. For a long time I thought I did too much damage – drug damage. I was a bit of a drifter. A guy who felt he grew up in something of a vacuum and wanted to see things, wanted to be inspired. I followed that other thing. I spent years f–king off. But then I got burnt out and felt that I was wasting my opportunity. It was a conscious change. This was about a decade ago. It was an epiphany – a decision not to squander my opportunities. It was a feeling of get up. Because otherwise, what’s the point?”

On missing his kids when they’re not around: “I always thought that if I wanted to do a family, I wanted to do it big. I wanted there to be chaos in the house… there’s constant chatter in our house, whether it’s giggling or screaming or crying or banging. I love it. I love it. I love it. I hate it when they’re gone. I hate it. Maybe it’s nice to be in a hotel room for a day – ‘Oh, nice, I can finally read a paper.’ But then, by the next day, I miss that cacophony, all that life.”

For more from Brad, visit Esquire.com!

brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 01

• Martha Stewart slams Gwyneth Paltrow- Huffington Post
  • Read a review of Keira Knightley's new film Laggies- Lainey Gossip
  • Jerry Seinfeld honors Joan Rivers at an award show- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Cora Keegan shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 113 14 15 [16] 17 18 1935 » Show All
FFer EXPOSED MARY AMPONSAH @ 05/21/2013 at 5:53 pm

this is the facebook page of the person
on twitter that goes by the name of
@ChaeYeonNTrain

this bittch is always on twitter and ff talking about the looks of Jolie and Brad. bittch is ugly

We're the morons @ 05/21/2013 at 5:57 pm

@FFer EXPOSED MARY AMPONSAH: lnaoooo these ff freaks aren’t slick at all. Getting exposed and ****, using the same Effin names on multiple websites. Chae yeon sounds Asian so I’m surprised its African. Lol

I love the Jolie-Pitts

FFer EXPOSED MARY AMPONSAH @ 05/21/2013 at 6:01 pm

@We’re the morons:

its an African that likes Asian music. yet they say all JP fans are black. Did you see the bitchh’s facebook picture..talk about FUGLY.google her name and aniston or pitt and see how many times the crazy bitchh has talked **** about how Pitt or Jolie looks.

@FFer EXPOSED MARY AMPONSAH:
people like her give Africans a bad name,why will anyone from the beautiful continent of africa support fat tick in anyway

We're the morons @ 05/21/2013 at 6:02 pm

@FFer EXPOSED MARY AMPONSAH: I told y’all ticky hens are nothing but fat greasy slobs. Tickys fan base is nothing but a bunch of fat broads who can’t get a man!! Sucks to suck losers yhahahaahaha!

@Welp: What? Justin is a sellout to his own words. He was all about not falling into the traps of Hollywood. Yet it was Justin according to People mag who called them to say that he had asked Aniston’s to marry him. It is Justin posing for pap pictures in Mexico. If is Justin with the fake tans. It is Justin who has not work for a couple of years. The old Justin is probably disgusted with this new guy. What when you are almost 40 and have not accomplished anything you hoped for in your twenties, I can understand falling for Aniston’s boring life.

@kiKi: I have always like Matt Damon. It’s a shame Angelina could not find a man that is together. It’s a shame that she is trapped with a useless egotistical blowhard. Does brad have anything real to talk about ? All he seems to talk about his himself and in a way that makes you think he wants PITTY and sympathy. Is he crazy?

You have to laugh at bitter spooky tick fans…first Vince Vaughn was hotter than the Brad Pitt then John Mayer was the ****, now everyone is supposedly jealous because skinny jeaned Pinocchio man is hotter when seen at an airport recently. Same old, same old. Not one word from them, anymore, about the oh so hot Vince Vaughn, silence about, he’s so fit, John Mayer. I guess if Pinocchio decides he’s had enough and gives up the job then we’ll hear crickets again. Brad Pitt is the **** and always will be for Spooky tick’s followers, or should that be follower? TV girl once hit the big time but didn’t appreciate it and so the tick’s fans MUST make Brad Pitt pay for not staying with boring ass girl…but it’s all hot air and doesn’t affect him one iota because Mr Pitt has everything he ever dreamed of and as ignorance has enlightenment as it’s opposite Mr Pitt time with ticky only served to show him how good he has it now with Ms Jolie and family.

Media Wh@re MANiston @ 05/21/2013 at 6:09 pm

@FFer EXPOSED MARY AMPONSAH:

Did you see the face page she has about Angie on her “likes” the ***** is crazy. She is nasty with her comments. that’s scary.

Why does brad interviews always come with a wiff of self pity? Does brad feel like he deserves a pat on the back for being a drug addicted drifter in a boring life. Boohooo that must have been a hard life.

FFer EXPOSED MARY AMPONSAH @ 05/21/2013 at 6:12 pm

I love how those stalkers on FF have JP news first.

Matt Damon on Angelina Jolie’s Brave Decision

May 21, 2013 Celebrity Highlights

“Extra’s” AJ Calloway caught up with Matt Damon at the Cannes Film Festival, where he’s promoting the HBO biopic “Behind the Candelabra,” and he shared his thoughts on the health of good friend Angelina Jolie.

Matt Damon on Angelina Jolie’s Brave Decision

Getty Images
Damon said he has not recently spoken to friends Angelina or Brad Pitt, but he commends Jolie’s decision to have a preventative double mastectomy.

“She’s awesome,” Damon said. “There are a lot of women who are struggling with medical decisions, and when they hear that the undeniably most sexy woman on planet Earth, as far as we know, is willing to take control of her health and be public about it, I think it gives other people courage to do that, too.”

Watch more of our interview with Matt!

@what: the same could be said for the Angie of today. Old angie would laugh at a self pitying fool like bleached brad now she is in love with it and has kids with it , too. Shame.

@what #383
———————–
From the horse’s mouth, Pinocchio’s quote:

“If I was roped into a seven-year TV contract I’d probably hang myself. It’s a TV show – selling cars, cereal, soda pop. TV is like that. The shows are incidental to the commercials. I always laugh when TV shows pat themselves on the back for being cutting-edge.”

“I watched the movie Cast Away (2000). It’s a perfectly fine movie. But you can never fully believe that movie. How can we believe this man is being cast away? We know it’s Tom Hanks and we know the color of his couch in his house in L.A. because we saw a picture of it in People magazine. His celebrity has corrupted his art form.” Credit IMDB

Wasn’t ticky on a show for about 45 years?

@kiKi:
Awww, I love Matty. I love him so much more than his bestie. Though, after I saw the besties saying Brad Pitt is his ideal man, he definitely earned more than a few brownie points.

@Welp: It is not self pity to say he was in a terrible position in his life 10 years ago. But that he did something about it and now his life is AMAZING with a handful of friends and a great family.
Go back and watch that 20/20 ABC interview Brad did after Aniston whining VF interview. He had indeed achieve everything he wanted and more.

Well, like I said who you find attractive is a personal choice but it seems as if more and more people are agreeing with my personal taste. People who find brad ~hot~ are fading quickly.

I wonder who are the handful close friends Brad talked about. I have a feeling they are not Porgie and Damon, I think Fincher and Eric Roth are.

We're the morons @ 05/21/2013 at 6:37 pm

@Media Wh@re MANiston: it’s on her fb page about Angie?

PR JOBS NOW CALL @ 05/21/2013 at 6:40 pm

The loons are up in arms over they bosses amited to doing Drugs . Brad’s
Not too bad. But ANGE our GIRL I’m very worry she one day start hard-wing again. Why haven’t the PR JOB SEEKERS CALL THE TOLLFREE #
A BETTER JOB AWAIT CALL NOW.

Aww…Matt Damon – even he knows that Angelina is the sexiest woman on the planet – too bad Mrs. Damon, all that work as the “little waitress who could” and you don’t rate.

Excellet find jaliah – well done. Poor, unemployed, broken down sell out that is Squiggy. He’s now the appendage to the w hore who was in a “cutting-edge” show 20 years ago.

I hope he spends well her money made selling cars, cereal, soda pop cause TV money is like that.

@Welp: ITA with you. Glad, Brad met & fall in love with Angie.God bless them.

@valis202: #362

No precious, right the opposite… They have all of you by the balls and the short hairs! Whatever they feed you, you lap it up like obedient dogs!

So how was your vacation, Rosie? LMAO!!

PR JOBS NOW CALL @ 05/21/2013 at 6:43 pm

NEW # 1800-330-JOLIE wants a B-UTT – WAPPER -CALL- NOW.

Pages: « 113 14 15 [16] 17 18 1935 » Show All