Brad Pitt to 'Esquire': 'I Haven't Known Life to Be Any Happier'

Brad Pitt to 'Esquire': 'I Haven't Known Life to Be Any Happier'

Brad Pitt rocks a pair of shades on the cover of Esquire magazine‘s June/July issue, on newsstands May 31.

Here is what the 49-year-old actor had to share with the mag in his first magazine profile to be released since news broke of his partner Angelina Jolie‘s double mastectomy:

On his family making him happy: “I have very few friends. I have a handful of close friends and I have my family and I haven’t known life to be any happier. I’m making things. I just haven’t known life to be any happier.”

On changing the direction of his life: “I’d get so far and then want to do something else. I mean, I’m two credits short of graduating college. Two credits. All I had to do was write a paper. What kind of guy is that? That guy scares me – the guy who always leaves a little on his plate. For a long time I thought I did too much damage – drug damage. I was a bit of a drifter. A guy who felt he grew up in something of a vacuum and wanted to see things, wanted to be inspired. I followed that other thing. I spent years f–king off. But then I got burnt out and felt that I was wasting my opportunity. It was a conscious change. This was about a decade ago. It was an epiphany – a decision not to squander my opportunities. It was a feeling of get up. Because otherwise, what’s the point?”

On missing his kids when they’re not around: “I always thought that if I wanted to do a family, I wanted to do it big. I wanted there to be chaos in the house… there’s constant chatter in our house, whether it’s giggling or screaming or crying or banging. I love it. I love it. I love it. I hate it when they’re gone. I hate it. Maybe it’s nice to be in a hotel room for a day – ‘Oh, nice, I can finally read a paper.’ But then, by the next day, I miss that cacophony, all that life.”

For more from Brad, visit Esquire.com!

Just Jared on Facebook

• James Corden performs with Backstreet Boys - The Hollywood Reporter
  • like….man

old dirty confused hippy

• Ha
  • Ha

pigeon_poop
    21st-May-2013 12:43 am (UTC)
    alright grandad
    ReplyThreadLink

jilicious
    21st-May-2013 12:59 am (UTC)
    grandbrad
    ReplyParentThreadLink

elhamburglar
    21st-May-2013 01:04 am (UTC)
    lol
    ReplyParentThreadLink

theactualworst
    21st-May-2013 01:06 am (UTC)
    Lmao
    ReplyParentThreadLink

life_after_luv
    21st-May-2013 01:06 am (UTC)
    lol

• Bea

Thankfully Brad found his life a decade ago with Angie and their kids. I cannot even imagine how horrible it was to be in the black hole of suck that was his marriage. He finally has life he can be proud of instead of that drug induced PR haze with the old fat chick from the sitcom.

• Ha

eaglefan2011
    21st-May-2013 12:43 am (UTC)
    hate his hair
    ReplyThreadLink

ectypes
    21st-May-2013 12:44 am (UTC)
    loooooooool
    ReplyThreadLink

amazingtime
    21st-May-2013 12:44 am (UTC)
    Has he aged like really bad or is it just his hair

ms_mmelissa
    21st-May-2013 12:46 am (UTC)
    ….

Okay in addition to being a terrible pic, you can’t even tell that it’s him on the cover. I wonder why Esquire chose that one.
    ReplyThreadLink

norrell
    21st-May-2013 12:50 am (UTC)
    ia his face looks totes shapeless
    ReplyParentThreadLink

_effinsweet_
    21st-May-2013 12:53 am (UTC)
    ikr im squinting and staring, is that really him??
    ReplyParentThreadLink

elhamburglar
    21st-May-2013 01:03 am (UTC)
    he looks like angelina to me in that pic
    ReplyParentThreadLink

poetic_daze
    21st-May-2013 12:46 am (UTC)
    wow that’s a horrible picture…
    ReplyThreadLink

poetic_daze
    21st-May-2013 12:49 am (UTC)
    the other pics are better but still… that hair is gross
    ReplyParentThreadLink

hoechlingurl
    21st-May-2013 12:46 am (UTC)
    God this man is way past his expiry date,
    ReplyThreadLink

• yea

the himbo who always left a little on his plate hooked up with the morbid attention ho who didn’t touch a thing on hers.

• Ha

alethaweapon 21st-May-2013 12:46 am (UTC)
    oh. my. god.

The first and last pictures are fkng hilarious.

I love Brad but who is this imposter and what has he done with Fight Club Pitt???

Edited at 2013-05-21 12:48 am (UTC)

breaktheice89
    21st-May-2013 12:46 am (UTC)
    lol these pics are ridiculous
    ReplyThreadLink

poppingbottles
    21st-May-2013 12:46 am (UTC)
    He looks like a monkey who needs a haircut to me.

icangoforthat
    21st-May-2013 12:47 am (UTC)
    looking rough

[[[[______[[[[[[]]]]

That über guber tries so hard but fails to look cool he is officially the old dad that desperately wants to be hip. He is an embarrassment to his agents and publicists.

• ned

they look so cute together http://adf.ly/PF5M3

• were the morons

Brad is looking fabulous! The 0.1 percent population of the roaches’ opinions are irrelevant! Brad, keep doing your thang hottie!

• ned

her underwear lol http://adf.ly/PF5M3

• D

He Looks so stupid here!!!

• Media Wh@re MANiston

He looks so hot here. Love him in jeans. The man sure looks fine in jeans.

• gred
  • lurker

@Ha:
    poor baby relax nobody here cares

• vickifromtexas

lurker @ 05/20/2013 at 9:47 pm

@Ha:
    poor baby relax nobody here cares

=================================
    so true !

• Media Wh@re MANiston

@lurker:

I know. This troll act like we give a shiz about his/her and other’s opinion.

• lurker

so we have to deal with another tammy alter ego on the rampage,yawn

• lurker

@vickifromtexas:
    My head hurts from all her silly ramblings,if brad is old,ugly,not important then why do you have to prove it here,these hags are just dumb

• Media Wh@re MANiston

@lurker:

Exactly. I know sometimes some of the fans love to tell these moron trolls off but why waste time. They repeat the same shiz on every thread.

• Alissa

Total fantasy like only the JPs can produce…

How many times have we heard this made-up script for interviews?

The only part I believe is the “giggling or screaming or crying or banging” in the nuthouse ruled by Jolie.

As for Brad being HOT, I guess he is — IF you think that old, dirty, smelly stoners are hot, that is.

Love,
    Alissa

• reeven

Sexy gorgeous Brad!!!!, personality people, that´s all a man needs and Brad has a looooot : D

Let the dogs bark, Brad as stepped on their tails

• fyi

Esquire website has a slide show of Brad’s photoshoot.

• vickifromtexas

lurker @ 05/20/2013 at 9:51 pm

@vickifromtexas:
    ==================================================
    the more they read how happy brad is with his life now, the more upset they get.

• busted

Never get the trolls need to post negative comment about Brad or Angie. do they think it matters to us or that it will change our minds. We like Brad. WE think he is hot and we enjoy seeing him. Don’t give a rat’s ass& if others agree or not. But thanks for showing us how obsessed you are about him.. and how obsessed other are. It is either he shouldn’t wear a hat, or his beard or his hair. No other male celeb gets that except Brad.. so thanks
    He looks great to and FO to those that don’t like it..

• CK

Brad Pitt is forever the sexiest man alive.

• Lame PR

On missing his kids when HE is not around:
    ” As Father of The Year, I’m away or on the road most of the time by choice”

• fyi

The slide show says Brad’s life is larger than yours.

• Tina

Brad is so sexy.

• Just Sayin

Brad is a free spirit, wild and sexy man, no wonder he found Maniston was so boring. And he can pull off any hairstyle.

• Bambi

I must say that I always enjoy Brad’s interviews — He is really good at making things up. And I love that photo of Brad with that powerful machine throbbing between his legs because it’s so true to life, if you know what I mean.

• Jones

Damn the man looks so good. His swagger is even captured in still photographs!! How on earth is that possible?! Brad and Angie certainly know how to rock a cover shot. They just command your attention and draw you in without even trying. Their covers never look like anyone else’s. They are the genuine article.

• Catherine

‘I Haven’t Known Life to Be Any Happier’, melting. I so envy Angelina.

• Haha

I love this blog! Pitt doles out the same crap over and over and you all treat it like this is brand new information. He has given this same interview hundreds of times!!!!And even after he slides into David Spade meets Greg Allman territory you all still claim he is hot. LOL. Love is blind and there’s a sucker born every minute really applies here.

• Passing Through

# 10 IMO @ 05/20/2013 at 7:54 pm
    Brad’s overrated…but the troll took precious time out of its oh-so-busy life…to come to Jreds, find a Brad thread, click on it, read the blurb, look at the pictures, find the comment box, type up a comment, and share with us that it thinks Brad is overrated. Something doth proest too much…

• Passing Through

LMAO at the troll going to other websites and posting nasty comments and then bringing the link over here to tell us that “someone” wrote nasty comments at another site…another site that boldly steals Jared’s pictures repeatedly and has been doing it for at least 6 years. Oh yeah…like I REALLY GAFF what these idiots thinks….

• busted

@Passing Through:

so true.. and they only comment about him. nobody else Just him.

• Media Wh@re MANiston

If Brad repeats the same shiz, why do these idiot read/comment the same shiz. Go figure.

• Doloo

@Bambi bimbo stfu. What between PITT’S legs for Angie eyes only.

• vickifromtexas

Media Wh@re MANiston @ 05/20/2013 at 10:47 pm

===============================================
    they are drawn to and obsessed with all things jolie-pitt.

• Leens

If he’s happy, he’s happy,… Its his life and It really won’t matter to anybody else. Lucky him to be in that phase. If only everybody else can find that.

• Some Bunny

Brad looks like a rock star! He is still sexy and as always not even trying. What is important to him now is being fulfilled with something deeper that gives him a passion for living, like his family and the love of his life, Angelina Jolie. Love the interview & new pictures.
    Can’t wait for WWZ!

Many blessings to the JP’s and to their family and Fans!

• bizzy bee

Brad’s such a strong man, he had to be to pull himself out of a failed marriage full of nothing but boozing, dug use, and stagnation. Many men would run from what he describes in the interview with all the chaos and screaming kids, but instead he embraces it.

I’m so glad he got out of that situation and found the right path, and he didn’t even need rehab to do it. It’s a serious thing, just look at River Phoenix or Heath Ledger.

• busted

@Leens:

Nice comment.. well said.

I think his words are what is bothering them the most. and the words of friends that are actually close to the couple. Brad is loving his life with Angie. And yes he is lucky to have that. Some people would give anything for that. And it is not about money. Money can’t stay the bad things in life. But he just sounds like a man that knows what he has and appreciates the journey he took to get it all.

good for him. good for them.. good for their family. @Doloo:

the whole Bambie stuff is so OVER and dumb. Need some new material. But that would demand some intellect or creativity. And we know the HAGS don’t have any of that.

• enrique
  • Media Wh@re MANiston

@busted:

The problem with the trolls is that they don’t want to read anything about the JP being happy. It’s ok for MANiston to be happy but not Brad. They want Brad to admit that he regret leaving MANiston. Like that ever going to happen. Maybe in MANiston’s universe. Brad wasted 7 years of his life on the that fugly leathery prune. I’m so happy he is finally happy and has a meaningful life with Angie.

• Doloo

@Busted. The troll is crazy , her words as old and run down as she is.

• Dc

I love him in the close up shot, I love him on the bike and I love him in white. Damn, he’s one sexy man. He’s so ruggedly handsome. Brad is like fine wine, he gets better as he ages.

• groundcontrol

People need to stop acting like Brad was some wacked out drug abuser. The man always lived up to his responsibilities – he never showed up unable to work – his business prospered – there are no crimes attributed to him or other bad behavior – the man liked some weed and some booze. Big deal. He was never a drug addict or an alky.
    He does really look good in the Esquire pics. But he is only 49 – I don’t expect him to look decrepit.
    The trolls are here to affect your posting experience. That is beyond juvenile and bizarre.

• were the morons

OT, but clearly the gigolo doesn’t brush his teeth: look at your own discretion:

Before the fuggiston hens bash Brad, they need to keep track of manny and her paid escort.

• anustin

sweet,and delicious!!!!! thank you,brad.for loving ur anjie.bless you both and ur children…..