Brad Pitt to 'Esquire': 'I Haven't Known Life to Be Any Happier'

Brad Pitt to 'Esquire': 'I Haven't Known Life to Be Any Happier'

Brad Pitt rocks a pair of shades on the cover of Esquire magazine‘s June/July issue, on newsstands May 31.

Here is what the 49-year-old actor had to share with the mag in his first magazine profile to be released since news broke of his partner Angelina Jolie‘s double mastectomy:

On his family making him happy: “I have very few friends. I have a handful of close friends and I have my family and I haven’t known life to be any happier. I’m making things. I just haven’t known life to be any happier.”

On changing the direction of his life: “I’d get so far and then want to do something else. I mean, I’m two credits short of graduating college. Two credits. All I had to do was write a paper. What kind of guy is that? That guy scares me – the guy who always leaves a little on his plate. For a long time I thought I did too much damage – drug damage. I was a bit of a drifter. A guy who felt he grew up in something of a vacuum and wanted to see things, wanted to be inspired. I followed that other thing. I spent years f–king off. But then I got burnt out and felt that I was wasting my opportunity. It was a conscious change. This was about a decade ago. It was an epiphany – a decision not to squander my opportunities. It was a feeling of get up. Because otherwise, what’s the point?”

On missing his kids when they’re not around: “I always thought that if I wanted to do a family, I wanted to do it big. I wanted there to be chaos in the house… there’s constant chatter in our house, whether it’s giggling or screaming or crying or banging. I love it. I love it. I love it. I hate it when they’re gone. I hate it. Maybe it’s nice to be in a hotel room for a day – ‘Oh, nice, I can finally read a paper.’ But then, by the next day, I miss that cacophony, all that life.”

For more from Brad, visit Esquire.com!

brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 01
brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 02
brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 03
brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 04
brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 05
brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 06
brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 07
brad pitt to esquire i havent known life to be any happier 08

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 735 » Show All

yeah tackle him and take a fistful of that white shirt and not let go. hmm

So hot. Knox looks just like Brad.

@BW: who’d a thought? lol

Love him on the cover – so cool, hot and sexy.

He’s such a good human being, both him and Angelina, perfect together.

I’ll bet there’s so much fun in the Jolie-Pitt household. I am so looking forward to seeing WWZ and to see him and hopefully Angelina at the premiere.

Love ya Brad!

I just saw an interview with him with Oprah on her show. This was when he just got married to Jen. You can tell he was stoned. I guess in those days, people don’t speculate if a big star like is using drugs but you can just tell he was high.

Black and white to hide his face.

Media Wh@re MANiston @ 05/20/2013 at 8:17 pm

You know that media and the jen hens will take his ten years quote out of context for sure. But I’m glad Brad is telling the truth. Poor Brad He sure did suffered 10 years ago.

vickifromtexas @ 05/20/2013 at 8:18 pm

he is so gorgeous. the fact that he loves his family so much and he continues to be the best he can be makes him even more attractive.

Black&White or color, he can’t hide the cheese. I think he might be cheesier than Tom cruise.

vickifromtexas @ 05/20/2013 at 8:19 pm

praying for the people of oklahoma.

@Media Wh@re MANiston: you know I think the media will barely talk about this interview. This cover photo has been out since last week. LolololoL

he also can’t hide his ratty weave. Look at that thing looks knotted an raggedy in the back. I am embarressed for his hair stylist.

love theJP's @ 05/20/2013 at 8:26 pm

Take me for a ride Braaaaaad

Banging eh Brad? That’s a little too personal…..
Haha just kidding. Sorry, that wasn’t even funny.

8 yrs is about 10 years ago ,,why yes, yes it is.

@were the morons: LMFAO true. i guess being stoned out of his mind was the only way to numb maniston’s presence around him.

Finally got to see the pictures. He looks wonderful. sexy for any age. The man just has presence. And you can’t make it happen. He just has it. Brad is talking like anyone You look at your past as a way to the future. And as he said he has never known life to be happier. I don’t get the problem. Ask anyone who is happy in their life and they will tell you the same. Nothing negative in his comments. He loves his life today. That is not a crime to say or admit.

MEDIA WH@RE JOLIE @ 05/20/2013 at 8:56 pm

GUESS JJ DOESN’T CARE SINCE 3 COMMENTS ARE MADE WITH JEN…….

Mr Sexy!
Lucky, Lucky Angie!

MEDIA WH@RE JOLIE @ 05/20/2013 at 8:57 pm

NOW FOR THE 3RD LIKE BRANGELINA FAN DO………..

Passing Through @ 05/20/2013 at 8:59 pm

Oooohh…Brad let “Tristan, Sr.” out to play…gonna be a whole lotta wet panties buying this issue…and not, I don’t mean Tampon peeing on herself…

Stopped abusing drugs in 03 met Angie late 03 or early 04 is that,right? Always wanted large family ex wife wanted one child

bizzy bee @ 05/20/2013 at 9:17 pm

What a cool dude Brad is. He’s such a great father and loving partner to Angie. What more could you want in a man? I have a strong feeling Knox will look like Brad’s cover when he grows up.

African Girl @ 05/20/2013 at 9:21 pm

Okay, I think I can finally and safely conclude that Knox is all BP!!.
Genetics is amazing!!!!!!!!