Brad Pitt: 'World War Z' MoMA Screening!

Brad Pitt: 'World War Z' MoMA Screening!

Brad Pitt speaks to the audience at a special viewing for his film World War Z held at the Museum of Modern Art on Wednesday night (May 22) in New York City.

The 49-year-old actor introduced the film to the crowd and spent time mingling afterwards with celebrity guests including Kevin Bacon, Jimmy Fallon, Katie Couric, Bruce Willis with wife Emma Hemming, and more!

Later in the evening, Brad surprised an audience at a special screening of the flick in New Jersey. Check out a video of Brad‘s speech, as well as his fans’ reactions!

10+ pictures inside of Brad Pitt at his special screenings for World War Z

brad pitt world war z moma screening 09
brad pitt world war z moma screening 10
brad pitt world war z moma screening 11
brad pitt world war z moma screening 12
brad pitt world war z moma screening 13

Credit: Paramount Pictures
Posted to: Brad Pitt, Bruce Willis, Emma Heming, Jimmy Fallon, Katie Couric, Kevin Bacon, World War Z

Getty
  • Michael Phelps' fiance Nicole Johnson says things have not always been easy for the couple - US Weekly
  • Justin Bieber spent VMA night at a karaoke bar - TMZ
  • Prince Jackson remembers his dad Michael on his birthday - Gossip Cop
  • Taylor Swift had to go to jury duty just like everyone else! - Just Jared Jr
  • Khloe Kardashian goes head-to-head with Rob - Radar
  • Chris Hemsworth shows what Thor has been up to - Lainey Gossip
  • Grimm is set to end after six seasons - The Hollywood Reporter
  • Angie&Brad

Can’t wait for this movie!! Will definitely go to the midnight showing if there is one in my area.

• Betsy Plakas

Fantanstic, I’ll wait to see tha movie.

• Dc

I wish it was opening this weekend. June 21st seem so far away. I read some of the positive tweets, I am so happy people like WWZ. Although, I really don’t care, it’s Brad movie I’ll go see it and it has to be good.

Looking good as always Brad!

• fries

He’s in heaven.

• Isa

Looking good as always Mr. Pitt. I will definately see it. Hope to see Angie at the premieres

• Wonderbust

Wonderbust @ 05/23/2013 at 2:19 pm
    i love the new Mrs. Willis
    Emma-Heming Willis twitter:
    Critics bagged #DieHard5 before it came out. Biggest grossing film of the franchise. So my bet is on there being another DH movie
    Read a critics article saying Could #WorldWarZ be the most expensive flop? Wait for it to come out, write your article later #sonegative
    World War Z is unreal. A great film. Was totally stressed out from start to finish
    10:37pm – 22 May 13

• deCosmos

What? Oh nooo! What? Ohhhh….
    Barf!

• vickifromtexas

he looks so good !

• Were the morons

Awee tam shit is scared because he knows WWZ will be a huge hit. Meanwhile, the Greek fug is trying to be a stripper in the summers biggest bomb. Lol, I’ve seen better looking strippers at cheetahs.

• Westwood

He looks like he smells. Can’t wait for this movie to flop hard.
    They should’ve donated the $200 million to charity.

• Ⱦamsin

Leave it a name-changing racist stalker to deflect to discussing the ex of their idols. Poor Pitty and Ho, nothing they ever do is good enough for their fans and so they must compare their career achievements against the ex-wife’s. Why won’t you drop the subject?

Oh that’s right loons know that the Brand need the ex to be part of the Triangle, otherwise they won’t have attention from the media. :)

• umm

The guy in the video was crazy, he couldn’t believe Brad was there. lol.

• Jones

What an sweet surprise. That audience got a real treat last night. Brad is so cool. And I actually believe this is a smart strategy in rolling this film out, making these select “touches” with movie-going audiences around the country. I’m really looking forward to seeing this movie when it opens next month. Soon, he’ll be heading abroad for the international world premieres. So there’s going to be a LOT of Brad in the coming weeks!! Trolls will be mega meltdown mode. LOL!!

• Dawne

God, can you just imagine Angie standing in a bra and panties oiled up like a twenty dollar ‘masseuse’ in a back alley……I can’t even imagine and she is much younger than the trick, Tick.

instead of going away she took her clothes off…….well, let me tell this l’il cookie, there are a zillion cuter and sexier twenty something’s in HW who are actually ‘hot.’ Give it the eff up.

I never thought I would say this but I am actually feeling embarrassed for her. Instead of learning how to act, she chooses to play ‘peeler’ in bad indie romcoms. Ewww. What a joke she has become.

• Bloated Face

lol

• deCosmos

@Dawne:

• Suri the meal ticket

Wow! So Brad seems to wake up and take a lesson from Tommy Girl’s playbook that he has to work the base, huh?
    Good for you! Rock it and wish WWZ sells great!

• kel

Brad carries the gene for pumpkinhead disease

• vickifromtexas

Phool @ 05/23/2013 at 7:25 am

#Vickifromtexas@05/23/13 at 12:22am

Good Morning Vicki, I’m glad to hear you are ok, and things are progressing for the victims of the Tornado in Texas. On a self-serving note, damn I’m so jealous of the fans at the screening of WWZ in New Jersey, not only they get to see the movie first, they get to see Brad IN PERSON, that’s not fair. Why oh why wasn’t I in New Jersey ok don’t answer that let me get my frustration out lol, I want Brad to give me a WWZ T-Shirt bearing in mind I’d ask him to wipe his face first with it before giving it to me, hey don’t laugh I only ask for some Brad DNA don’t care which form it comes its still part of Brad-delicious lol. See Vicki I don’t ask much do I? Wishing the very best for WWZ, its going to be mega blockbuster, I’m just so glad Brad is able to do the promotion, bring on the Zombie fest. My dear you take care & have a nice day.

======================================================
    i am not judging, i am right there with you. can you imagine??? i would never wash that t-shirt. i love all of the positive feedback about world war z. i love the pictures above. he looks drop dead gorgeous !
    Have a great day.

• Pitts lazy eye

@Ⱦamsin: she already gave him the publicity of a lifetime by revealing her medical story on the day his promotion started. ” I think that was her saying here now I don’t have to go on a worldwind publicity tour. I gave you a shit load of free publicity and sympathy to go along with it. ‘”
    Suck for brangtarded fans but we jolie fans love how she keeps her distance from the worlds biggest botox user.

• fyi

MUSE is going to write songs for World War Z

• Pitts lazy eye

@Bloated Face: he’s bloated and waxy. He is so ugly. He needs his fellow celebrities to pimp the movie.

• jaliah

That was lovely. The fans were so surprised and elated at Mr Pitt appearing and the guy that kept going oh was funny. Will be going to the UK showing in June.

• Passing Through

# 270 Dawne @ 05/23/2013 at 1:03 pm
    I’m not suprised. It’s been nearly 20 years of Rachel Green. Even the general public is starting to figure out that she’s NOT acting…she’s just really is Rachel Green.
    The comments on some of the movie sites are hilarious. The ones below are from Hollywood Elsewhere –
    HarryWarden
    Wow, that looks terrible. Aniston is just not a believable stripper. For one, she’s way too old at 40+. Two, she is way too vanilla an actress to sell such a role as anyway believable.
    Correcting Jeff HarryWarden
    Fact: any stripper still stripping at 40+ years old not only doesn’t look like Aniston, she wouldn’t have to smuggle all those drugs, you could just smoke *her* and get just high.

Oh well. There goes the realism.
    stumpy joe Correcting Jeff •
    Maybe she’s playing a 22 year old. Isn’t that about 40 in stripper years?
    roland1824
    Yay– more body double teasing with Aniston, pulling her usual bullshit.

As good as he was at times on SNL, a bit disappointing to see Sudekis keep taking jobs in lame movies. Clearly the universe is keeping his karma in check for landing Olivia Wilde. Meanwhile his SNL bro Will Forte is ready to break out with his Alexander Payne role.
    Alan Burnett
    A trailer for ‘Don Jon’ – a film about a chronic masturbator – was also released, yet this is COMFORTABLY the most icky promo made available today.
    Kat
    Awful. I see a few rip-offs of ‘Up In Smoke’ scenes. Just watch that instead, people.

• an opinion

Even though I wish Brad would cut it, I have to say he does have great hair.Guess I have to wait until Fury starts. Look at Fallon kissing up to Brad hoping he will do his show. Brad has not done a late night show since Troy.

• Pitts lazy eye

Clooney got better with age, pitt got waxier and uglier.

• Aj fans despise user pitt

More Jolie fans despise Pitt @ 05/22/2013 at 9:23 pm
    lem says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:57 am
    I’m sorry but all this “reporting” on him and his reaction and how he dealt with it…it seems too contrived at this point. I think what she did is amazing and I totally commend her for it. But all the **** that has been coming out regarding him just makes me think less of him and that it’s more about his ego/reputation than raising awareness.
    Guesto says:
    May 22, 2013 at 12:12 pm
    I’m thinking ‘enough already’ too. What it’s starting to do is dilute the impact of what she did and the low-key, graceful, matter of fact manner in which she did it.
    Pitt is just not interesting enough to warrant this amount of coat-tail attention.
    Just Passing Through says:
    May 22, 2013 at 12:34 pm
    Sal says something bradtarded
    Guesto says:
    May 22, 2013 at 2:14 pm
    @Sal, dear oh dear, take a deep breath and calm down. You are sounding a little too involved here. If you want to see everything Jolie-Pitt related as pure and PR-free, by all means, do, but please allow those of us who are a little less gullible express our opinions without being bombarded with charges of ignorance and stupidity.
    zut alors! says:
    May 22, 2013 at 7:55 pm
    Amen! But why are you surprised? Angie bears all the pain and criticism while Brad reaps all the reflected glory and kudos. It’s how this relationship has been from the beginning.

• Aj fans despise user pitt

More Jolie fans despise Pitt @ 05/22/2013 at 9:28 pm
    Just Passing Through says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:32 am
    I love Angelina….but why do I get the strange feeling that Brad is exploiting this to benefit the upcoming release of WWZ? I don’t know, but the timing to release the details of her personal struggle is a little suspect. He’s a little swarmy if you ask me and I think he’s got a lot riding on the success of this film. JMO.
    Poppy says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:36 am
    Funny, I just suggested the same thing above and wondered if I’m the only one who thinks that. It’s all a bit much, no? And I’m saying that as a big Angelina fan. I love how she handled the situation. Him- I don’t know. Seems like he’s fishing for fiancee of the century award, when really- as a lot of posters above have pointed out- OF COURSE he was by her side. What sort of guy wouldn’t be??
    Just Passing Through says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:59 am
    I agree, Poppy. I’m a huge Angelina fan, always have been….but, Brad, not so much. She always handles things with such grace and humility. Brad could take a few lessons from her. I also wonder why the need to vocalize how he has been so supportive and stood beside her…that should go without saying.
    Kim…if you think Brad wasn’t instrumental in the timing of this announcement, you need to take off the rose colored glasses. Brad is swarmy. Period.

• Aj fans despise user pitt

More Jolie fans despise Pitt @ 05/22/2013 at 10:02 pm
    Repost
    LoL says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:21 am
    “They are very loving and inspiring to each other, exchanging ideas,” says Jeremy Kleiner, a longtime exec at Pitt’s Plan B production company and producer on his upcoming movie World War Z.

I’m pretty sure this is Pitt approved. Perfect timing for World war z. He also has his makeup lady & furniture designer blabbing about Jolie in Esquire.
    Poppy says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:32 am
    I know it’s a cynical thing to say amongst all this general praise for angelina (which I don’t object to, of course), but the world war z-producers must be thrilled about all this great and completely free publicity for brad.
    lama says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:39 am
    but we all know that with Brange it’s never coincidence… it was planned as always (I’m talking about release this information not mastectomy),now I’m waiting for photo ops with kids and some charity donations…
    LoL says:
    May 22, 2013 at 4:22 pm
    Yes funny enough Brad Pitt is a wwz producer.
    Kim1 says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:45 am
    Oh yeah because middle aged women are going to see a Zombie movie because Jolie had her breast removed.@LOL if you believe its a PR move than you believe AJ is behind since she went public to NYT.So she is worse than he is using her surgery to sell movie tickets.Right ,@LOL
    LoL says:
    May 22, 2013 at 4:23 pm
    Yes, kim I believe angelina really wants to help women but she also feels obligated to help Brad sell his movie. Sad really.

• Passing Through

I’m LMAO at Jeff Wells’ take on Ryan Gosling’s bomb called “Only God Forgives”. I’m going to go out on a limb here and guessing he DID NOT like this movie. This is just the first 2 paragraphs…then he REALLY goes off on the movie! The rest of the review is at the link…
    Stink Spreads All Over

Movies really don’t get much worse than Nicholas Winding Refn‘s Only God Forgives. It’s a shit macho fantasy — hyperviolent, ethically repulsive, sad, nonsensical, deathly dull, snail-paced, idiotic, possibly woman-hating, visually suffocating, pretentious. I realize I sound like Rex Reed on one of his rants, but trust me, please — this is a defecation by an over-praised, over-indulged director who thinks anything he craps out is worthy of your time. I felt violated, shat upon, sedated, narcotized, appalled and bored stiff.

I hate all that cheap Asian macho shit to begin with (seething rage, swords, vengeance, territoriality, kickboxing, bloodlettings) and this rancid fantasy wank pushed all the bad buttons from the get-go. I sat there seething, my teeth grinding. Thank God it lasted only 90 minutes.

• euforia

Just by insulting him you are probably making him more human,,,

• busted

Love it.. that video was great. They were so excited to see him. I sure would be.Well not much time to lurk or post. Back to work and nobody did anything..

Brad looks good and the reactions are good. Haters can F off because WWZ will do very well. I can’t wait for the real promoting to start.

• Pitts lazy eye

Even brad’s friends are embarrassing. Lol @ Jean Black

• kelly

Brad is handsome. He just isn’t the most prettiest person (male or female) in the room anymore. Which is how it should be for a man who is almost 50.

• Pitts lazy eye

@euforia: that’s the problem with bradtarded fans they don’t think he’s human. Haha!

• a lurker

Love that Bruce Willils’ wife defends WWZ. yeah write your article after you see the movie.

• an opinion
  • Were the morons

Brad is kicking some zombie bootay!! Brad was a ladies man, now he found his queen. Woosah!

Steven Panzarella ‏@StevePanzarella now

I thought the work @DamonLindelof did on #WorldWarZ was excellent, it was a script that seemed to turn itself around an hour in. #welldone

• Pitts lazy eye

Rotflmao using the ex, Bruce paltrow and Angelina’s medical story to sell himself. Icky
    Um, really? Brad Pitt’s Esquire interview has even more surprising revelations — this time from Jean Black, a makeup artist and friend who has worked with Pitt, 49, on nearly all of his films since 1990. Speaking with Esquire, Black sheds new light on Pitt’s legendary meeting with Angelina Jolie on the 2004 set of Mr. and Mrs. Smith, when he was still married (apparently unhappily) to Jennifer Aniston.

“I think Brad was ready to soar when he met Angie,” says Black, who then quickly clarified of Aniston, whom Pitt divorced in 2005: “This is not to say anything negative about Jennifer. I was part of that and I know that he and Jennifer are very good friends and he cared deeply for her.”

“But in Angie,” Black continued, “he saw a very adventurous person who was grabbing on to life and taking it to its nth degree. It was intriguing because I felt Brad had that in him and wanted to unleash it.”

PHOTOS: Brangelina’s epic romance

Whether or not Pitt and Aniston, 43, are actually “very good friends” these days, the World War Z actor himself intimated to Esquire that he was deeply depressed about ten years ago during his marriage to Aniston. Saying he’d done major “drug damage” to himself, Pitt said he was a “drifter . . . I spent years f–king off.” About ten years ago, all that changed.

PHOTOS: Jennifer’s happy ending with fiance Justin Theroux

“It was an epiphany — a decision not to squander my opportunities,” he explains. “It was a feeling of, ‘Get up.’ Because otherwise, what’s the point?”

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/brad-pitt-jennifer-aniston-are-very-good-friends-2013235#ixzz2U93nCU48
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

• fyi

Last night, word leaked to me that a special screening of Brad Pitt’s zombie movie World War Z was taking place in Hoboken, New Jersey. This was to be the first public showing of the movie anywhere, so it seemed worth it to trek all the way to the Garden State to check out Mr. Pitt and director Marc Forster’s take on the undead.

And you know what? It was totally worth the trip.

Paramount isn’t ready for reviews of the film to run, but I can write this short reaction piece. As I noted on Twitter last night, World War Z is a big, solid zombie movie. Its globe-spanning story and reams and heaving mountains of ghouls give it a scope that I don’t think any film in this genre has seen before. We’ve come a long way from having to hole up in a farmhouse to fend off the living dead.

Fans will recall that the film wound up in the spotlight during its production when it had to undergo reshoots and, reportedly, required its ending to be rewritten by Damon Lindelof (Star Trek Into Darkness, Lost). But any troubles World War Z faced behind the scenes aren’t readily apparent in the final product. It’s not a perfect movie, but it is often intense and engrossing, and the crowd at the screening last night really seemed to dig it (special thanks must go to the girl sitting behind me, or kicked my seat and screamed every time a zombie popped out!).

Not surprisingly, while the film is based on Max Brooks’ novel, it deviates
    significantly from it. And that’s fine, as long as fans of the WWZ tome understand that going in. This version of the tale is a Brad Pitt thriller that happens to be set in a world of zombies, one crafted around the star and his character. I’ve read the book and enjoyed it, but I enjoyed the movie in a different way altogether.

Our full review will run closer to World War Z’s June 21 release, but for now, zombie fans can feel relieved…

• luvsadness

When many celebs defend their colleages something wrong on the last ones must be happening. They probably really know who they are and protect them. There’s too much competition in Hollywood to dedicate your words to rivals. And many celebs are embittered because of their past ‘prostitution’, drugs, tabloids, etc etc. so they kind of feel identified with them without a reason to envy them. I don’t know if I’ve explained myself right.

The Movie Bit ‏@themoviebit now

Just been sent some of the soundtrack for World War Z and upon listening, it’s rather epic!!!

• an opinion

Problem with trolls is they judge Brad and Angelina on a different scale than other celebs. Cruise, RDJ, Jackman, Will Smith etc can do these types of promotion for their summer releases and know one whines. Brad does and we get the ever name changing trolls whining about it.
    Brad talks about his past and trolls whine. Everyone else talks about their past and no one cares. Other celebs talk about their health issues no one whines. Angelina talks about her health issues and the whining is deafening.

• an opinion

*no one

• Movie. Bloggers

This was a screening of specially invited bloggers and celebrities with Brad Pitt himself in attendence. It’s the sort of carefully planned out scenario designed to get positive responses and off-set the bad buzz. I mean thy even had Kevin Bacon tweeting that it was a good movie.

I can still imagine a lot of mainstream critics ripping it apart and it getting mostly mediocre reviews, but this is how you counter bad PR.

Exactly. How can anyone take this seriously? I may very well turn out to be a surprise. But these kind of things reek of desperation.

• a lurker

They saw 2D version, If 2D version is that good, can you imagine how amazing 3D version is going to be? Brad Grey said Marc Forster is still working on finishing 3D.

• jmho

@an opinion:

That’s Bennett Miller, Brad’s director for Moneyball. Kevin Bacon and Bruce Willis both made movies with Pitt eons ago.

• yib