Brad Pitt: 'World War Z' MoMA Screening!

Brad Pitt: 'World War Z' MoMA Screening!

Brad Pitt speaks to the audience at a special viewing for his film World War Z held at the Museum of Modern Art on Wednesday night (May 22) in New York City.

The 49-year-old actor introduced the film to the crowd and spent time mingling afterwards with celebrity guests including Kevin Bacon, Jimmy Fallon, Katie Couric, Bruce Willis with wife Emma Hemming, and more!

Later in the evening, Brad surprised an audience at a special screening of the flick in New Jersey. Check out a video of Brad‘s speech, as well as his fans’ reactions!

10+ pictures inside of Brad Pitt at his special screenings for World War Z

brad pitt world war z moma screening 09
brad pitt world war z moma screening 10
brad pitt world war z moma screening 11
brad pitt world war z moma screening 12
brad pitt world war z moma screening 13

Credit: Paramount Pictures
Posted to: Brad Pitt, Bruce Willis, Emma Heming, Jimmy Fallon, Katie Couric, Kevin Bacon, World War Z

• Kate Middleton was once a sexy witch for Halloween- US Weekly
  • Mike Tyson opens up about being sexually abused as a child- TMZ
  • Kris Jenner says all of her kids were awkward and chubby when they were younger- Gossip Cop
  • Ashley Tisdale rocks short shorts while running errands before Halloween- Just Jared Jr
  • Mockingjay sets the record for the most pre-sale tickets sold- Entertainment Weekly
  • Lisa Kudrow reveals that NBC execs thought Monica was "slutty" on Friends- Huffington Post
  • Did Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Martin split over Gwyneth Paltrow?- Lainey Gossip
  • The Colbert Report sets a date for its final show- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Did Miley Cyrus show too much cleavage with this outfit?- Hollywood Tuna

749 Responses to “Brad Pitt: 'World War Z' MoMA Screening!”

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 730 » Show All

1. 26
    Pitts lazy eye Says:

Clooney got better with age, pitt got waxier and uglier.

2. 27
    Aj fans despise user pitt Says:

More Jolie fans despise Pitt @ 05/22/2013 at 9:23 pm
    lem says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:57 am
    I’m sorry but all this “reporting” on him and his reaction and how he dealt with it…it seems too contrived at this point. I think what she did is amazing and I totally commend her for it. But all the **** that has been coming out regarding him just makes me think less of him and that it’s more about his ego/reputation than raising awareness.
    Guesto says:
    May 22, 2013 at 12:12 pm
    I’m thinking ‘enough already’ too. What it’s starting to do is dilute the impact of what she did and the low-key, graceful, matter of fact manner in which she did it.
    Pitt is just not interesting enough to warrant this amount of coat-tail attention.
    Just Passing Through says:
    May 22, 2013 at 12:34 pm
    Sal says something bradtarded
    Guesto says:
    May 22, 2013 at 2:14 pm
    @Sal, dear oh dear, take a deep breath and calm down. You are sounding a little too involved here. If you want to see everything Jolie-Pitt related as pure and PR-free, by all means, do, but please allow those of us who are a little less gullible express our opinions without being bombarded with charges of ignorance and stupidity.
    zut alors! says:
    May 22, 2013 at 7:55 pm
    Amen! But why are you surprised? Angie bears all the pain and criticism while Brad reaps all the reflected glory and kudos. It’s how this relationship has been from the beginning.

3. 28
    Aj fans despise user pitt Says:

More Jolie fans despise Pitt @ 05/22/2013 at 9:28 pm
    Just Passing Through says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:32 am
    I love Angelina….but why do I get the strange feeling that Brad is exploiting this to benefit the upcoming release of WWZ? I don’t know, but the timing to release the details of her personal struggle is a little suspect. He’s a little swarmy if you ask me and I think he’s got a lot riding on the success of this film. JMO.
    Poppy says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:36 am
    Funny, I just suggested the same thing above and wondered if I’m the only one who thinks that. It’s all a bit much, no? And I’m saying that as a big Angelina fan. I love how she handled the situation. Him- I don’t know. Seems like he’s fishing for fiancee of the century award, when really- as a lot of posters above have pointed out- OF COURSE he was by her side. What sort of guy wouldn’t be??
    Just Passing Through says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:59 am
    I agree, Poppy. I’m a huge Angelina fan, always have been….but, Brad, not so much. She always handles things with such grace and humility. Brad could take a few lessons from her. I also wonder why the need to vocalize how he has been so supportive and stood beside her…that should go without saying.
    Kim…if you think Brad wasn’t instrumental in the timing of this announcement, you need to take off the rose colored glasses. Brad is swarmy. Period.

4. 29
    Aj fans despise user pitt Says:

More Jolie fans despise Pitt @ 05/22/2013 at 10:02 pm
    Repost
    LoL says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:21 am
    “They are very loving and inspiring to each other, exchanging ideas,” says Jeremy Kleiner, a longtime exec at Pitt’s Plan B production company and producer on his upcoming movie World War Z.

I’m pretty sure this is Pitt approved. Perfect timing for World war z. He also has his makeup lady & furniture designer blabbing about Jolie in Esquire.
    Poppy says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:32 am
    I know it’s a cynical thing to say amongst all this general praise for angelina (which I don’t object to, of course), but the world war z-producers must be thrilled about all this great and completely free publicity for brad.
    lama says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:39 am
    but we all know that with Brange it’s never coincidence… it was planned as always (I’m talking about release this information not mastectomy),now I’m waiting for photo ops with kids and some charity donations…
    LoL says:
    May 22, 2013 at 4:22 pm
    Yes funny enough Brad Pitt is a wwz producer.
    Kim1 says:
    May 22, 2013 at 11:45 am
    Oh yeah because middle aged women are going to see a Zombie movie because Jolie had her breast removed.@LOL if you believe its a PR move than you believe AJ is behind since she went public to NYT.So she is worse than he is using her surgery to sell movie tickets.Right ,@LOL
    LoL says:
    May 22, 2013 at 4:23 pm
    Yes, kim I believe angelina really wants to help women but she also feels obligated to help Brad sell his movie. Sad really.

5. 30
    Passing Through Says:

I’m LMAO at Jeff Wells’ take on Ryan Gosling’s bomb called “Only God Forgives”. I’m going to go out on a limb here and guessing he DID NOT like this movie. This is just the first 2 paragraphs…then he REALLY goes off on the movie! The rest of the review is at the link…
    Stink Spreads All Over

Movies really don’t get much worse than Nicholas Winding Refn‘s Only God Forgives. It’s a **** macho fantasy — hyperviolent, ethically repulsive, sad, nonsensical, deathly dull, snail-paced, idiotic, possibly woman-hating, visually suffocating, pretentious. I realize I sound like Rex Reed on one of his rants, but trust me, please — this is a defecation by an over-praised, over-indulged director who thinks anything he craps out is worthy of your time. I felt violated, shat upon, sedated, narcotized, appalled and bored stiff.

I hate all that cheap Asian macho **** to begin with (seething rage, swords, vengeance, territoriality, kickboxing, bloodlettings) and this rancid fantasy wank pushed all the bad buttons from the get-go. I sat there seething, my teeth grinding. Thank God it lasted only 90 minutes.

6. 31
    euforia Says:

Just by insulting him you are probably making him more human,,,

7. 32
    busted Says:

Love it.. that video was great. They were so excited to see him. I sure would be.Well not much time to lurk or post. Back to work and nobody did anything..

Brad looks good and the reactions are good. Haters can F off because WWZ will do very well. I can’t wait for the real promoting to start.

8. 33
    Pitts lazy eye Says:

Even brad’s friends are embarrassing. Lol @ Jean Black

9. 34
    kelly Says:

Brad is handsome. He just isn’t the most prettiest person (male or female) in the room anymore. Which is how it should be for a man who is almost 50.

10. 35
    Pitts lazy eye Says:

@euforia: that’s the problem with bradtarded fans they don’t think he’s human. Haha!

11. 36
    a lurker Says:

Love that Bruce Willils’ wife defends WWZ. yeah write your article after you see the movie.

12. 37
    an opinion Says:

Is the guy in the blue shirt Max Brooks?

13. 38
    Were the morons Says:

Brad is kicking some zombie bootay!! Brad was a ladies man, now he found his queen. Woosah!

14. 39
    tweet Says:

Steven Panzarella ‏@StevePanzarella now

I thought the work @DamonLindelof did on #WorldWarZ was excellent, it was a script that seemed to turn itself around an hour in. #welldone

15. 40
    Pitts lazy eye Says:

Rotflmao using the ex, Bruce paltrow and Angelina’s medical story to sell himself. Icky
    Um, really? Brad Pitt’s Esquire interview has even more surprising revelations — this time from Jean Black, a makeup artist and friend who has worked with Pitt, 49, on nearly all of his films since 1990. Speaking with Esquire, Black sheds new light on Pitt’s legendary meeting with Angelina Jolie on the 2004 set of Mr. and Mrs. Smith, when he was still married (apparently unhappily) to Jennifer Aniston.

“I think Brad was ready to soar when he met Angie,” says Black, who then quickly clarified of Aniston, whom Pitt divorced in 2005: “This is not to say anything negative about Jennifer. I was part of that and I know that he and Jennifer are very good friends and he cared deeply for her.”

“But in Angie,” Black continued, “he saw a very adventurous person who was grabbing on to life and taking it to its nth degree. It was intriguing because I felt Brad had that in him and wanted to unleash it.”

PHOTOS: Brangelina’s epic romance

Whether or not Pitt and Aniston, 43, are actually “very good friends” these days, the World War Z actor himself intimated to Esquire that he was deeply depressed about ten years ago during his marriage to Aniston. Saying he’d done major “drug damage” to himself, Pitt said he was a “drifter . . . I spent years f–king off.” About ten years ago, all that changed.

PHOTOS: Jennifer’s happy ending with fiance Justin Theroux

“It was an epiphany — a decision not to squander my opportunities,” he explains. “It was a feeling of, ‘Get up.’ Because otherwise, what’s the point?”

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/brad-pitt-jennifer-aniston-are-very-good-friends-2013235#ixzz2U93nCU48
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

16. 41
    fyi Says:

Last night, word leaked to me that a special screening of Brad Pitt’s zombie movie World War Z was taking place in Hoboken, New Jersey. This was to be the first public showing of the movie anywhere, so it seemed worth it to trek all the way to the Garden State to check out Mr. Pitt and director Marc Forster’s take on the undead.

And you know what? It was totally worth the trip.

Paramount isn’t ready for reviews of the film to run, but I can write this short reaction piece. As I noted on Twitter last night, World War Z is a big, solid zombie movie. Its globe-spanning story and reams and heaving mountains of ghouls give it a scope that I don’t think any film in this genre has seen before. We’ve come a long way from having to hole up in a farmhouse to fend off the living dead.

Fans will recall that the film wound up in the spotlight during its production when it had to undergo reshoots and, reportedly, required its ending to be rewritten by Damon Lindelof (Star Trek Into Darkness, Lost). But any troubles World War Z faced behind the scenes aren’t readily apparent in the final product. It’s not a perfect movie, but it is often intense and engrossing, and the crowd at the screening last night really seemed to dig it (special thanks must go to the girl sitting behind me, or kicked my seat and screamed every time a zombie popped out!).

Not surprisingly, while the film is based on Max Brooks’ novel, it deviates
    significantly from it. And that’s fine, as long as fans of the WWZ tome understand that going in. This version of the tale is a Brad Pitt thriller that happens to be set in a world of zombies, one crafted around the star and his character. I’ve read the book and enjoyed it, but I enjoyed the movie in a different way altogether.

Our full review will run closer to World War Z’s June 21 release, but for now, zombie fans can feel relieved…

17. 42
    luvsadness Says:

When many celebs defend their colleages something wrong on the last ones must be happening. They probably really know who they are and protect them. There’s too much competition in Hollywood to dedicate your words to rivals. And many celebs are embittered because of their past ‘prostitution’, drugs, tabloids, etc etc. so they kind of feel identified with them without a reason to envy them. I don’t know if I’ve explained myself right.

18. 43
    tweet Says:

The Movie Bit ‏@themoviebit now

Just been sent some of the soundtrack for World War Z and upon listening, it’s rather epic!!!

19. 44
    an opinion Says:

Problem with trolls is they judge Brad and Angelina on a different scale than other celebs. Cruise, RDJ, Jackman, Will Smith etc can do these types of promotion for their summer releases and know one whines. Brad does and we get the ever name changing trolls whining about it.
    Brad talks about his past and trolls whine. Everyone else talks about their past and no one cares. Other celebs talk about their health issues no one whines. Angelina talks about her health issues and the whining is deafening.

20. 45
    an opinion Says:

*no one

21. 46
    Movie. Bloggers Says:

This was a screening of specially invited bloggers and celebrities with Brad Pitt himself in attendence. It’s the sort of carefully planned out scenario designed to get positive responses and off-set the bad buzz. I mean thy even had Kevin Bacon tweeting that it was a good movie.

I can still imagine a lot of mainstream critics ripping it apart and it getting mostly mediocre reviews, but this is how you counter bad PR.

Exactly. How can anyone take this seriously? I may very well turn out to be a surprise. But these kind of things reek of desperation.

22. 47
    a lurker Says:

They saw 2D version, If 2D version is that good, can you imagine how amazing 3D version is going to be? Brad Grey said Marc Forster is still working on finishing 3D.

23. 48
    jmho Says:

@an opinion:

That’s Bennett Miller, Brad’s director for Moneyball. Kevin Bacon and Bruce Willis both made movies with Pitt eons ago.

24. 49