Angelina Jolie's Aunt Debbie Loses Battle with Breast Cancer

Angelina Jolie's Aunt Debbie Loses Battle with Breast Cancer

Angelina Jolie‘s Aunt Debbie has passed away after a battle with breast cancer, her Uncle Ron Martin tells E! News.

The news comes just weeks after the 37-year-old actress shared her brave decision to have a preventative double mastectomy to lower her risk for the disease. Debbie is the sister of Angie‘s late mother Marcheline Bertrand, who died of ovarian cancer in 2007.

Angelina has been in touch throughout the week and her brother Jamie has been with us, giving his support day by day,” Ron said. “They both loved Debbie very much and although Angie is not able to come right now she has sent her love and support which was very nice.”

“We have seen Angelina a number of times since Debbie was diagnosed with breast cancer and Debbie and I were both very proud of her recent decision to have the double mastectomy and to do everything she can to keep her family from having to go through what we’ve been through,” he continued. “Angelina‘s father Jon Voight has also been tremendously supportive—he came down to see Debbie last Sunday and spent the whole day, talking with her and sharing his love and I know Debbie really enjoyed seeing him and talking with him.”

Credit: Daniel Zuchnik; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Angelina Jolie

• August Alsina has woken up from his three-day coma - TMZ
  • Justin Bieber has the new iPhone 6- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Pia Mia's new song "Fill Me In"- Just Jared Jr
  • Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury did a duet together- Huffington Post
  • Watch a new trailer for A Most Violent Year- Lainey Gossip
  • David Ayer could be the director for Suicide Squad?- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Mayra Suarez shows off her amazing bikini body - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 732 » Show All

First it is sad my condolences to the family.
Pls keep this thread free from brad and his exes case.

Prayers for the entire family during this difficult time. God bless Jolie-Pitts!

May Debbie’s soul rest in peace. Cancer has pretty much wiped out her mom’s family.
Good for Angie for not waiting for the fate that has afflicted her family.

Wonderbust @ 05/26/2013 at 7:07 pm

To my precious sister and mentor. We shared our first bed together and we shared our first haircut at five (thanks to your gum in that bed!) You are my secret admirer, my Flash Gordon and my comforter through all our family losses since 10 years old and on, and on. We shared double dates and deep secrets. We shared our pregnancy’s together and our children loving each other. You saved my life in 2004. We even shared becoming Grandmere’s together in 2006. My memories of us will help mend my bleeding heart. I will feel your wings on my shoulders as you whisper to me, “It’s so beautiful Here! One day our eyes will meet again and we will embrace, my little sister.”
Even death won’t get in the way of the love I hold so deeply in my heart for My Sister.
Debbie Martin – Escondido, California

RIP Debbie and prays for all those that loved her.

Wow…cancer is such an insidious disease. Condolences to Angie and her family.
In the last six years, cancer has claimed her mother, uncle and now aunt. I bet she is happy more than any thing with her decision to be pro active.
Sending the whole family condolences.

May she Rest In Peace

Such a horrible thing for her and her family.

Prayers to her and all the people here going through this too.

It’s a horrible disease and it causes pain to too many families and its inevitable victims. My condolences go to the family.

Richard P @ 05/26/2013 at 7:17 pm

My condolences go to the family.
R.I.P Debbie

From Paris with Love @ 05/26/2013 at 7:18 pm

May she rest in peace. This is so sad, cruel and terrifying. I don’t even want to think about it. In those circumstances I would have made the same decision as Angelina Jolie without a doubt. I hope genetic detection and preventative measures become more accessible for us normal folks.

groundcontrol @ 05/26/2013 at 7:18 pm

Very sad for this brave woman and her loving family. In my thoughts as I also think of my sister. Now people should leave them in peace.

That is just terrible–both sisters died from cancer. No wonder Angie did what she did. So sad.

were the morons @ 05/26/2013 at 7:20 pm

Aunt Debbie seemed like a very kind, beautiful and special woman. Prayers are with her and family.

From Paris with Love @ 05/26/2013 at 7:22 pm

@Wonderbust: Now they’re both gone. :’( Life is so tough.

@groundcontrol: You know Brad has got to be thanking his lucky stars that his wife and Mother of his children put her family before HW vanity. I feel so bad for her Aunt’s family, I hope the tabloids leave them alone to grieve in private.

Brangie Rules @ 05/26/2013 at 7:37 pm

Condolence Angie and your Aunt’s family!!! Now people will more and more understand, why you did what you did. God be with you and your family at this time of grief. <3

Condolences.Rest in peace Debbie.

My condolences Debbie Martin’s family and condolence to Angie and James. May she rest in peace.

Oh forgot to change it from new thread.
New thread accopyed me I am late so late for my things..

In just that one sentence, Angie’s uncle, Ron Martin, said everything that needs to be said.

African Girl @ 05/26/2013 at 7:47 pm

Awwww!! So sad!
May her soul rest in peace.

Wonderbust @ 05/26/2013 at 7:48 pm

@Ⱦamsin:
actually Ronald Martin, Debbie’s husband is the one who released all the information to E! Angelina has never said anything about her aunt so its funny how you haters immediately attack her. and LIES Angelina and james ware at the hospital when Marcheline died. Keep believing the fan fiction that FF sells you. RIP Debbie. Troll isn’t even worth addressing but had to issue that correction

@Wonderbust: I only saw one comment that Angie was in France, no pictures, so who knows.

@Ⱦamsin:

You give humanity a bad name.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 732 » Show All