Angelina Jolie Meets with Syrian Refugees at Jordan Border

Angelina Jolie Meets with Syrian Refugees at Jordan Border

Angelina Jolie listens intently and records the stories of refugees who had just escaped the war in Syria by crossing the Jaber border on Tuesday (June 18) in Jordan.

The 38-year-old actress, who is a UNHCR Special Envoy, said that the purpose of her visit is “to show support for Syria’s refugees, to call on the world to address their plight, and to better understand needs in Jordan and other countries in the region most directly affected by this devastating conflict.”

Angie is in Jordan to mark World Refugee Day, which is commemorated each year on June 20.

“The worst humanitarian crisis of the 21st century is unfolding in the Middle East today,” Angelina added. “By the end of this year half of Syria’s population – ten million people – are expected to be displaced and in desperate need.”

angelina jolie meets with syrian refugees at jordan border 01
angelina jolie meets with syrian refugees at jordan border 02

Photos: UNHCR/O. Laban-Mattei
Posted to: Angelina Jolie

• Chris Brown and Drake are collaborating on a track together- TMZ
  • Cory Monteith's dad opens up on his death after one year- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Mitchell has signed on to star in Members Only- Just Jared Jr
  • When will Blake Lively go live with her new lifestyle website?- Lainey Gossip
  • Mariel Booth shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 715 » Show All

@were the morons:

be careful using the word Brave.. it apparently drives people insane.

Queen Jolie @ 06/19/2013 at 9:22 am

You are just amazing Angie.Thank you for helping those people.It is really heartbreaking how people suffer from war.I am praying for your safe return.You are so admirable and an inspiration.

were the morons @ 06/19/2013 at 9:24 am

@Roseanne: true. But I think Angie is brave, so the trolls will have to self destruct lol

Queen Jolie @ 06/19/2013 at 9:26 am

sorry for my comments about brad pitt yesterday

i didn’t realise angelina was travelling, so i blamed brad for not seeing my queen at the premiere.

btw, patricia the former troll has given up trying to be a fan story already? lol

CLOSING PARTY CLOWNS HA HA @ 06/19/2013 at 9:27 am

Zombie drink

1 oz. light rum
1 oz. gold rum
1 oz. Demerara 151 rum
1 oz. passion fruit syrup
1 oz. lemon juice
1 oz. lime juice
1 oz. pineapple juice
Dash of Angostura bitters

1. Blend together, shake and serve over ice. And be warned – this drink is a doozy.

LOVE,
THE GOAT!!!!! HAHA

ANGELINA IS TRULY BRAVE!

Angelina is brave, inspirational, admired, passionate, kind hearted, loving. Just beautiful. She’s my hero!!

Queen Jolie @ 06/19/2013 at 9:30 am

Just saw pic of this Melissa Etheridge at CB,oh my, I didn’t know she looks like a grandma already.She is not only ugly inside but also outside.She is so jealous of the attention Angie is getting that is why she is criticizing a woman who make abrave decision for the love of her family.Hope she is happy now because she got a lot of attention just by mentioning Angelina Jolie.

Watching the ugly hag handler to see if she piles on per her orders. Audience is very cool, no one’s really laughing – which is no surprise…as she’s not funny.

@Roseanne:#27, Hi Roseanne, your comment was funny. ME is still catching he’ll for saying she don’t consider Angelina brave. I consider Angelina one of the greatest woman I have read about in HW. Angelina will go to these dangerous places around the world to bring awareness to the sufferings of women and children. I remember seeing a pregnant Angelina with a bomb vest around her pregnant stomach doing her UN work. Anyway, ME made her bed now she has to lay in it. I checked CB and ME is still catching he’ll for her clarification statement. I hope she understands never insert yourself in other peoples medical decisions. Btw, good luck with her new album.

Queen Jolie @ 06/19/2013 at 9:36 am

@Queen Jolie:

Use your own name please.I will never apologize for my opinion about Brad, period.

African Girl @ 06/19/2013 at 9:36 am

Good, Good woman!!!!!!!!

Queen Jolie @ 06/19/2013 at 9:36 am

i want to run angelina’s life for her

if i demand angelina makes 5 movies a year for me to watch, she better do it!

Queen Jolie @ 06/19/2013 at 9:37 am

@Queen Jolie:

hey stop using my name

I believe this is a rerun. She was so boring and not funny (handjob). Kelly Ripa had funnier lines.

WHAT I HAVE OBSERVED IS THAT ANGELINA’S FAMILY MEMBERS, EXCEPTION (HER FATHER), FRIENDS, BUSINESS ASSOCIATES, THEY DO NOT SAY NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT ANGELINA. IT’S VERY WEIRD ON THE OTHER HAND THAT BRAD’S SO CALLED FRIENDS, ALWAYS COME OUT NEGATIVE WHEN ANGELINA IS ACHIEVING.

were the morons @ 06/19/2013 at 9:41 am

@CLINIQUA: oh you mean her show chelsea lately?

Angelina is really something. She’s committed, driven and passionate.

they are not close friends @ 06/19/2013 at 9:43 am

@BP:

they are only people brad knew via maniston.
brad hasn’t seen ME for years. ME is a hen

@CLINIQUA: Hi CLINIQUA, I refused to watch Kelly and Michael today because they had the hater CH. And I do like both Kelly and Michael. Btw, the the hag CH mentioned Angie?

Just a follow up to ME debacle, yes, she did step into it this time. People are even talking about how she treated her partner after she recovered from Brest Cancer. One person commented… that was not brave of her, ME for leaving her partner/wife and children penniless, ouch.

@Rose:
Hey Rose, no I finally turned it after realizing Kelly and Michael was a rerun. It was hard to sit thru for even the two min I did, handjob is such a bore.

@BP:

really; I have never heard David Fincher, Guy Richie, Gavin, Eric Roth, Katherine Keener, or the REAL Brad friends that have been in his life for the past 9 or so years say a negative thing about Angelina. not one. Brad said he has a very small circle of Friends. yes Melissa was an OLD friend get it OLD friend who never called him when she found out about Angie. So you may need to really check who Brad’s actual friends are. If she was that close she would have been a part of that tight circle. she was not. And just like people should keep their noses out of someone personal medical choice. Total strangers should STFU about someone’s personal relationship. you are not Angie’s friend. You don’t know Brad. she does. and he makes her happy. So see you are not a part of the equation. now go take care of your own relationship if you have one. Bet you don’t

Good Morning Phool & Rose

My New York buddies. What’s up girls? Looks like Rose has a beautiful garden. Coming your way tomorrow to be with my friends. Love LI. but Astoria is my town which has Beer Garden, Astoria Park and the great big swimming pool and great restaurants. Love Flushing Meadows as they are going to expand the Tennis Center with more courts and a new soccer stadium.

Angie you have a great heart. Admire her so much. Thanks JJ for the new thread for Angie.

Passing Through @ 06/19/2013 at 9:54 am

I love the fact that Angie continues to go about her business completely oblivious to the yapping hounds TRYING to nip at her heels. Go, Angie! Haters to the left, then down the hall and out the back door. Arrividerci, biiatches.

ROSEANNE: IT WAS FROM BRAD’S MOUTH SHE IS AN OLD FRIEND. OLD OR NEW FRIEND WHAT DOES IT MATTER, WHAT IS BRAD SAYING THEN, DOES HE USE THE WORD FRIENDSHIP LOOSELY, OR WHEN ITS CONVENIENT FOR HIM?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 715 » Show All