James Gandolfini Dead at 51 - 'Sopranos' Star Had Heart Attack

James Gandolfini Dead at 51 - 'Sopranos' Star Had Heart Attack

James Gandolfini has reportedly passed away at the age of 51 of a heart attack while in Italy, sources confirmed to JustJared.com.

The former Sopranos star was in Europe to attend the 2013 Taormina Film Festival in Sicily, where he was to participate in a festival event with director Gabriele Muccino.

James became a huge star back in 1999 with his role on the HBO series The Sopranos and he won three Emmy awards during the show’s six seasons. He is survived by his wife Deborah Lin, their daughter born in October 2012, and his teenage son from a previous marriage.

We send our thoughts and condolences to James‘ friends and family during this difficult time.

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Oh my God. RIP JAMES

BloodbuzzOhio @ 06/19/2013 at 7:38 pm

Noooooo!

omg! This can’t be real? I’m in shock

51 is not old. basically still had 30 yrs to go.
dang.
that’s how I’m gonna go? just random like that at whatever age you don’t even know it’s going to happen.
mortality sucks.

wow shocking…seemed like a nice guy

Sad news RIP JAMES

This is pretty crazy. Really sad.

RIP JG.

OMG, I’m shocked! RIP James Gandolfini

RIP Tony Soprano @ 06/19/2013 at 7:45 pm

WTF? Nooooooooooooo! I’m f*cking crying right now.

RIP JG. it is very sad. I felt like someone I know in person died for some reason. My condulances to the family.

May he rest in peace @ 06/19/2013 at 7:49 pm

He died in Sicily? Oh, the irony. RIP JG, another great man and actor gone too soon. You will be missed.

Wow shocking! That’s so sad, he was a great actor. RIP James :(

Noooooooooooo @ 06/19/2013 at 7:53 pm

I watched ‘Fade Away’ a couple of days ago… can’t believe it!! It’s so sad. RIP

F^ck no!!! The Reaper should have taken a Kardashian instead! He was so talented and humble. Rest in peace James :’(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
CRYING HARD

He was whacked. It sucks! RIP James. How sad. Prayers for his wife and child.

constant_tork @ 06/19/2013 at 8:00 pm

I can’t believe an 8 month old just lost their father. at age 51. how insane is this?

So sad. I loved him.

RIP Tony Soprano!

How shocking.

OMG, talk about a cut-to-black ending that came way too soon.
So sad. He will be truly missed.

RIP James Gandolfini.

Very sad and shocking news. My condolences to his family and friends. RIP James Gandolfini.

Lovey1119 @ 06/19/2013 at 8:20 pm

I just heard this is a hoax!!

groundcontrol @ 06/19/2013 at 8:25 pm

What a shame. Sad.
But 51? Seriously? He looks in his 60s and his history of drug use couldn’t have helped any. What a waste of a real talent. At least we have him on film to remember.

It's very real @ 06/19/2013 at 8:26 pm