Ariana Grande: I Was 'So Unhappy' Filming 'Victorious'

Ariana Grande: I Was 'So Unhappy' Filming 'Victorious'

Ariana Grande is super smiley on the cover of Seventeen magazine’s August 2013 issue, on newsstands July 2.

Here’s what the 19-year-old entertainer had to share with the mag:

On working on her album for three years:
“I’m a big perfectionist! I’m trying to channel super-confident women like Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey and Beyonce, because I realized that if you want something, you really have to go for it, just like they do.”

On not enjoying filming Victorious: “I worked with someone who told me they’d never like me. But for some reason, I just felt like I needed her approval. So I started changing myself to please her. It made me stop being social and friendly. I was so unhappy.”

For more from Ariana, visit Seventeen.com.

ariana grande covers seventeen august 2013 01
ariana grande covers seventeen august 2013 02

Credit: Seventeen
Posted to: Ariana Grande, Magazine

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

ariana was the best thing about victorious, hidden behind victoria justice who is the obvious bully

ariane still hangs with elizabeth (i dont know her name on the show) but she doesnt hang with victoria so im guessing shes hinting that victoria was the bully. kinda like miley and emily (?) on hannah montana when they said they actually didnt like each other. its just acting.

BloodbuzzOhio @ 06/25/2013 at 11:01 am

Her name resembles that of a Starbucks coffee.

Maybe if she stopped talking **** behind everyone’s back, people would like her more. She’s so fake. Are her 15 minutes up yet?

I dislike this girls face so much. She looks like she has no brain activity going on with that vacant stare of hers.

Everybody knows she and Victoria were not friends and had problems. She already said that so now she can stop talkings about that and move on. She is trying to creat more drama and attention. Shut up!

If she is going keep up with this mess she could just use victoria name. Everybody knows it’s her. Throwing shades all the time is not gonna make her look better either. Classic PR strategy picturing her as victim and trying to gain sympathy. If she was above all this she wouldn’t even mentioned but they all want attention.

PR stunt? From what I can see Ariana’s song is doing really good on the charts! I dont think she needs any help. She has more followers on Twitter than Victoria and I think there is more buzz and excitement about her album than about Victoria’s. Nothing against Victoria just pointing out that Ariana is a great singer. I dont think she needs any help from any drama surrounding her.

Wow is that really necessary now that the show is over. Smells like someone is an attention seeker. Victoria seems like a nice girl. And for the commenter that brought up Miley & Emily – Why? If that was true it is so yesterday & why label anyone the bully -when you really don’t know what went on – it usually takes 2 people to have a disagreement.

Ariana is one of the best characters on the whole show!!!

@pika: Mileya nd Emily are still good friends.

commenter @ 06/25/2013 at 2:29 pm

I like Ari but this is super low to throw shade at Victoria (which it obviously was about). Every story has two sides and it’s not cool of her to bring it up. Obviously she is doing successful with her own show now and album, can’t that just be it?

Miss Common Sense @ 06/25/2013 at 3:08 pm

@cmonty: A Bully that hung out with her and befriended her right? Yeah that makes sense.

@Ana:

So then why create the drama in the first place if she doesn’t need it? Shameless on her end.

She is full Sicilian.

John Freeman @ 06/25/2013 at 3:21 pm

Nice job playing the victim card babe. Whats the matter? Can’t sell an album without using drama to your advantage?

What I don’t understand is if you’re so distraught Ariana, why did you stay on the show for four years? And if this person “Will never like you” and we all know who you are refering to, then why did you hang out with her?

This is what we call “playing the victim card” this is also called drama wh0ring. This is typical when someone who can’t sell an album without some sort of lame PR.

John Freeman @ 06/25/2013 at 3:22 pm

@Gina: No she’s just a c*nt.

From Ariana’s twitter “It’s my responsibility to clear up the drama today. I was misquoted in an interview and I’ve been very upset and disappointed all day. I was asked about bullying and I thought I’d share some of my personal experiences so that I could share how I over came it with my fans and hopefully be a help to the people who look up to me and are dealing with being bullied. However, unfortunately I was a little too vague in my interview and conclusions were drawn and fingers were pointed. My years filming Victorious were some of the HAPPIEST of my life and that cast is family to me. (The stories I were sharing were actually from 2008 when I was on Broadway. Was an amazing experience but a tough time for me.) Please please don’t send hate to anyone. It’s undeserved. The point of answering the question in the first place was to help those of you who are dealing with bullying, not to start drama. I apologize for the commotion. Love you guys VERY much. Thank you for being here for me and for supporting me.”

Every single person in here that believes everything they read on a magazine needs to find a new hobby and a life. Remember that these are actual people, watch what you say. Don’t say anything you wouldn’t like people to say about you. Every single person that insulted a 19 year old girl is a bully.

Ariana: “It’s my responsibility to clear up the drama today. I was misquoted in an interview and I’ve been very upset and disappointed all day. I was asked about bullying and I thought I’d share some of my personal experiences so that I could share how I over came it with my fans and hopefully be a help to the people who look up to me and are dealing with being bullied. However, unfortunately I was a little too vague in my interview and conclusions were drawn and fingers were pointed. My years filming Victorious were some of the HAPPIEST of my life and that cast is family to me. (The stories I were sharing were actually from 2008 when I was on Broadway. Was an amazing experience but a tough time for me.) Please please don’t send hate to anyone. It’s undeserved. The point of answering the question in the first place was to help those of you who are dealing with bullying, not to start drama. I apologize for the commotion. Love you guys VERY much. Thank you for being here for me and for supporting me.”

Educate yourselves before bashing on someones life.

John Freeman @ 06/25/2013 at 7:01 pm

@Priscilla: We call that damage control sweetie.

being attached to Jai and the Janoskians has ruined her forever she won’t be able to escape it.

Thank you for getting the Janoskians out of Australia bc everyone hates them but i feel sorry for the rest of the world. I blame her for making them “famous” and getting Jay Sean to sign them, they can’t sing for sh*t

ariana grande tell them just doing drama against Victoria (oviously) only for the new Victoria sentillo competition for it is not just another typical drama of another desperate girl who created the world can be at your feet but anyway Ariana never liked me or his voice or anything like this.

actually, i’m almost 89% sure she’s talking about allie trimm. rumor is, they never got along too well because ariana was her understudy and their personalities

She’s just playing the victim card. When her fans start bashing on someone, she tries to go on twitter/tumblr and try to change everything. Yes, she might be more famous but shading someone else won’t make people stop liking the other person and go to her. She’s just creating unncessary drama so that people will like her. She is really fake, i preferred the old her when she wasn’t so famous yet. Now it seems like she’s trying so hard to fit in with her fans so people would like her. Shading someone won’t make you more famous, Ariana. Stop bullshitting

pretty sure allie trim bullied her idk

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All