Celebs React to George Zimmerman Not Guilty Verdict

Celebs React to George Zimmerman Not Guilty Verdict

George Zimmerman has been found not guilty for second degree murder and manslaughter for the shooting of Trayvon Martin.

The 29-year-old neighborhood watch coordinator for a gated community told the jury that he had shot the 17-year-old teenager in self defense and was acquitted of all charges.

The not guilty verdict, which was reached after a one month trial, has lead many celebrities voicing their opinions.

“This is the saddest news ever!!! #whatsjustice #pray4theMartinFamily,” Rihanna tweeted after hearing the verdict.

Click inside to read reactions from many celebrities…

Miley Cyrus: “I feel sick. #RipTrayvonMartin.”

Nicki Minaj: “May God console the Martins at this time; as well as every other family that’s gone though this type of injustice.”

Evan Rachel Wood: “It was amazing to see all those pro-life supporters at the Zimmerman trial standing up for Trayvon Martin, wasnt it?”

Miguel: “shame, reputation always gets the benefit of the doubt. harsh reality. #Trayvon.”

Wyclef Jean: “May God be with the family of Trayvon Martin”

Lena Dunham: “No. My heart is with Sybrina Fulton, Rachel Jeantel, everyone who loved Trayvon and has been sent the message that his life didn’t matter.”

John Legend: “My heart hurts.”

Mandy Moore: “My heart is heavy…for all who knew and loved #TrayvonMartin. His life mattered. This is shameful.”

Sophia Bush: “The wind is more than knocked out of me… My heart aches for this boy’s family. Justice System? I don’t think so. #justicefortrayvon.”

Diddy: “GEORGE ZIMMERMAN FOUND NOT GUILTY – http://bit.ly/10TQvni @RevoltTV #NOJUSTICENOPEACE.”

Jesse Williams: “Verdict emblematic of a culture rooted in bloodthirsty cowardice. Prosecution’s execution was alarmingly weak throughout. #ZimmermanTrial.”

Russell Simmons: “Prayers for the Martin family. … Only God knows what was on Zimmerman mind but the gun laws and stand your ground laws must change.”

will.i.am: “What’s wrong with the world mama!!! #whereIStheLOVE #zimmermanVSamerica”

Kate Walsh: “Zimmerman verdict sickens me.”

Lance Bass: “That he didn’t get at least manslaughter blows my mind. Heart hurts for the Martin family.”

Photos: Getty
Posted to: Evan Rachel Wood, Miley Cyrus, Nicki Minaj, Random, Rihanna

Christopher Polk/Getty

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 » Show All
Delicia Ambrosino @ 07/14/2013 at 7:40 am

@bfj:
Although I can see where whiteandproudofit would make you angry as it did me I can say that I have been with a black man {actually more than one} and have a child by one of them you can’t actually call it the “browning of America” as that started back when plantation owners would breed black with white, then white again, then white again because the quadroons [the children who were white but had black blood in their veins} would bring exceptionally high prices…thousands upon thousands of dollars in many cases and many were schooled and trained to be high class companions and mistresses to wealthy landowners.Some were to become high class, fancy courtesans. In fact, sometimes quadroons were called “fancies”. Some were able to escape up north easily because of their white skin and blue, green, gray, violet,or hazel eyes with auburn, blonde, brown, black, red hair and their proper speech and social graces. Take a look at a lot of older black people and you will notice that many of them are very light complected. Dinah Shore for one, Alex Haley, Lional Ritchie, and plenty more including my 2 nieces {2 blondes 1 with gray eyes and the other with blue. Their sister obviously shows black heritage}. Plus there is more freedom for us all now where inter racial relationships are out in the open more than they use to be and the population is much larger. So it is a matter of seeing it more and there is more of it. But I have also noticed something else in my 60 years. Most mixed relationships do not tend to work for long and that many black men get a blast out of having a white women on their arm. It’s like saying,”I’m black and I got me a whitey, I’m the man”. Now please understand. I am 3/4 Mohawk Indian and 1/4 Scottish and while it took me awhile to figure out that most of the blacks I dated were superficial and not truly “in love” with me but enjoyed the flaunt and the sex I still hold out hope that the day will come when the majority of black men will only date white {or women such as myself because I am not white} women because they genuinely care for them and not because it gives them a certain social status or ego boost. I know this is the case for the majority…but not all.
People tend to also forget that it was Africans who sold Africans to the slave traders for the most part and yet it is white people who are blamed for it. But blacks weren’t the only slaves. Don’t forget that indentured servants from around the world were enslaved as well as my own people, the American Indians, and the Chinese. None were treated any worse or any better than black slaves. They too were worked or bred to death. And occasionally there was a good “master” but not all that often. But, it was back then when your “browning of America” began. It is simply continuing in a more rapid state because of the freedoms you and I now enjoy and because there are more of us. I wish you well and don’t let an ass like whiteandproudofit get you down overly much. After all, as time passes I hope he and those like him will become extinct and all of us become color blind. ~D~

Mess with the bull, you get the horns. That’s why the correct verdict came out during the running of the bulls in Spain. I.e. Mr Z is Spanish…

nojusticeno peace @ 07/14/2013 at 7:43 am

ONE QUESTION, HAS EVERYONE NOTICED HOW NONE OF THE “WHITE POPULATION’” ON THIS SITE HAS CHOSEN TO COMMENT ON A VERY REAL ISSUE THAT HAS BEEN EXPOSED DURING THIS CONVERSATION?
“THE BROWNING OF AMERICA”….I SAY TO ALL WHITE MEN COMMENTING ON THIS ZIMMERMAN ISSUE…IF YOU ARE TRULY AS WISE AS YOU WANT AMERICA TO BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE, YOU’D BETTER BEGIN CONVERSING ABOUT HOW YOUR WHITE FEMALES ARE HAPPILY CREATING RACIAL GENOCIDE !!!!!
NONE OF YOU IDIOTS SHOULD BE SPENDING TIME WORRYING ABOUT TRAYVON OR ZIMMERMAN. BOTH OF THOSE RACES ARE INCREASING IN POPULATION….YOU BETTER WAKE UP AND LOOK AROUND BECAUSE SOONER RATHER THAN LATER, THE JUDICIAL EQUALIZER WILL NOT LOOK LIKE YOU, NOR HAVE YOUR BEST INTEREST AT HEART.
INSTEAD OF SPILLING RACIST COMMENTS TOWARDS BLACKS, IF YOU WERE WISE YOU WOULD FIGURE AND DEVISE A WAY TO STOP THE RACIAL GENOCIDE THAT YOUR LITTLE WHITE GIRLS ARE BLISSFULLY ENGAGED IN.
FOR BLACK MEN AND WOMEN I SAY…YOU ARE ACTUALLY WINNING THE WAR…JUST KEEP IMPREGNATING THE WHITE WOMAN.!!!!! THIS ZIMMERMAN TRIAL WILL SOON BE A VERY DISTANT AND IRRELEVANT CONVERSATION, AS THE COLOR OF THIS NATION CHANGES.
TRAYVON WAS JUST ANOTHER SACRIFICE TO WINNING THE WAR.

WALLSTREETBROTHER @ 07/14/2013 at 8:02 am

I agree with nojusticenopeace!

We as a country can see the overt change that White women and teenage women/girls has made in their choice of dating and marriage.

It seems that the White man has lost significant ground in finding a way to not only please, but to actively keep his woman engaged in him.

What happened to Trayvon and Zimmerman is tragic, however, what’s happening to White America (from the average white man’s perspective) in terms of the active and ongoing occurrance of “Racial Genocide” at the hands of your own White Women should be your Tragedy of Interest.

If you look at it, “The Browning of America” via race mixing will be the Equalizer of Race in another 15 to 20 years, the Bull has left the gate, and it seem that there’s no reigning him in.

Looks as if White men have bigger fish to fry than Trayvon Martin, that’s if they are smart enough to see it coming. If I were you, I’d get off this internet site and begin having conversations with your women and girls, to find why you are no longer meeting their needs.

Maybe it has something to do with your antiquated views you are spilling all over this site!!

@offtheproperty:

Miley is entitled to her opinion on this whether you or I or anyone else agrees with her. You seem to just be looking for an excuse to express your hate for this young lady. I feel so sorry for you and your hate.

George Zimmerman’s dad is jewish.

Yeah-Yeah Whateva @ 07/14/2013 at 10:20 am

Zimmerman killed that little BLACK thug in self-defense. He should’ve took his stupid self home, instead of hiding behind bushes and waiting to assault the WHITE man.
He was beating Zimmerman’s head into the concrete, Zimmerman pulled out his gun and BAM! That’s SELF-DEFENSE, I don’t care how WHITE and how BLACK they are. Look into the case and the evidence for all the RACIST that think BLACKS should get away with assault.
Trayvon got his come uppance for his stupid thuggish, trying to be gangsta behavior. That lying Rachel Jeantel sure didn’t do him any good either. She was clearly lying her behind off.

offtheproperty @ 07/14/2013 at 10:29 am

@cam: Evan Rachel Wood not only can’t understand that African-Americans are responsible for their actions, too — but she conflates this just verdict with the massive crime of 50 million innocent babies dead by abortions! What a creeeep! Sophia Bush is another whiney, foolish, loser liberal: “The wind is more than knocked out of me,” says Bush. What else is “the wind”? Blowing between your ears? Blasting from the non-stop HVAC duct of ignorance called your mouth? Russell Simmons is the biggest hypocrite POS pimp of violence and hate ever. “will i. am” (stupid) cries to his “mama.” Kate Walsh: Wants everyone to like her; claims “verdict sickens me.” Puffy Pimpy: Incites Riots.
These people are pathetic. The verdict was fair and legitimate under OUR LAW. The law of the State of Florida and the United States of America — the freest country ever. obama and holder are both criminals in violation of their oaths of office. But what does a solemn oath taken with his hand on the Bible mean to a deceitful muslim misogynist big chief African tyrant like hussein?

If you have any shred of civility and decency then get over it and move on. the evidence showed martin to be the aggressor, martin was on top, Martin started the fight, and Martin got bit off more than the young punk could chew. in florida if you assault another person that person has a right to use lethal force to defend him/her self. Martin lost the fight he started. time to move on and the media showing Martin as he was he was 12 doesn’t change the facts.

@Yeah-Yeah Whateva: ZIMMERMAN shouldn’t have been following the THUG in the first place. Was Trayvon a THUG because he was BOLD enough to stand up to someone that’s terrorizing him? Don’t blame black people for being bold enough to fight for themselves (as opposed to the weak @ss begging, pleading and crying when the motha fcka plans on killing you anyway). It’s not THUG; it’s BALLS.

You are clueless @ 07/14/2013 at 10:43 am

For “offtheproperty…..exactly what about racial genocide you don’t understand? Your concern should not be the George Zimmerman trial or verdict.

What’s blowing between your ears? or should I say what’s between the legs of your White Women right now??

I see that White America can’t focus on that real issue, I guess the “TRUTH” hurts!!!

As the comments above has stated…White America is loosing control, of their women, so what else is there for them to rant and rave about except their real issue ? Which is RACIAL GENOCIDE!!

The world is evolving @ 07/14/2013 at 10:57 am

MY COMMENTS TO THE OBVIOUS WHITE AUDIENCE ON THIS SITE:

IT WOULD BEHOOVE THE WHITE AUDIENCE, (ESPECIALLY THE WHITE GUYS) TO SIT DOWN AT YOUR DINNER TABLE TONIGHT AND ASK LITTLE SUZIE, YOUR WIVES, YOUR EX-WIVES, AUNTS, NEICES AND ALL OF YOUR WHITE FEMALE FRIENDS AND RELATIVES……..

WHY ARE YOU ABANDONING US WHITE MEN FOR MEN THAT LOOK LIKE TRAYVON MARTIN?

I THINK YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER!!! BUT YOU WOULD RATHER CONTINUE TO IGNORE THAT IT’S HAPPENING, BY FOCUSING ON THINGS SUCH AS THE ZIMMERMAN VERDICT.

i dont get it… why is this case so special?

I think its sad how a young persons life has been lost and this man has been able to get away with it. Some may claim it was self defense but if that was your little brother, nephew, cousin, uncle or father would you still sit there claiming self defense #justsaying

offtheproperty @ 07/14/2013 at 11:01 am

@You are clueless: Yeah, it’s just going to be you and the cockroaches left on Earth.

NOSEBLEED SECTION @ 07/14/2013 at 11:11 am

HEY “OFFTHEPROPERTY” SEEMS LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN A VERDICT THAT YOU CAN’T ACCEPT.

AND IN THE EVENT YOU ARE NOT SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW WHAT I’M SAYING, I’LL SPELL IT OUT TO YOU.

WHITE WOMEN LOVING BLACK MEN = RACIAL GENOCIDE.

SOUNDS LIKE IT WILL BE NOT ONLY COCKROACHES THAT LIVE FOREVER, SO DO BLACKS. AND GET THIS…..WITH THE HELP OF YOUR WHITE WOMEN!!!

THANK YOU WHITE WOMEN FOR HELPING TO ERADICATE THESE IGNORANT FOOLS. BLACK MEN CONTINUE TO GIVE THE WHITE WOMAN WHAT THE WHITE MAN CAN’T!!!

George Zimmerman’s dad is JEWISH.
Ashkenazi jewish.

All this black vs white talk is a distraction! To keep us fighting within ourselves while the the most privileged minority laughs at us. Jews are laughing at us fighting each other because they know while we are busy fighting, they are stealing our fruit.
Wake the fvck up!!!!!

@offtheproperty: You are a clueless idiot! Black people are NOT stealing your jobs, jews are but you are too stupid to realize who the biggest threat is.

That white guy who got fired from his cushy wall street job blamed black people – How funny is that!? Black people are NOT working at wall street, jews are and they keep it within themselves! And they are laughing at you idiot sheep. Since when has black people been a majority at wall street!? No wonder he got fired, he’s an idiot!

I believe that Robert Zimmerman, George’s father, is not Jewish; after doing some checking, I have read that he is a Baptist.

NOSEBLEED SECTION @ 07/14/2013 at 11:41 am

@ nn

I’M BLACK , AND IT IS IRRELEVANT WHAT YOUR RACE MAY BE… THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE. I INTERPERT THE COMMENTS ON THIS SITE, ESPECIALLY THE ONES ABOUT RACIAL GENOCIDE, NOT TO BE A CONVERSATION OF “FIGHTING” WITH WHITES.

IT’S SIMPLY A TRUE REALIZATION THAT WHILE PEOPLE ARE POSTING ALL OF THIS NONSENCE ABOUT THE OUTCOME OF THE ZIMMERMAN VERDICT.

.WHEN IN ESSENCE WHITE AMERICA SHOULD BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE VERY ACTIVE OCCURENCE OF HOW THEIR RACE IS ON THE WAY TO EXTINCTION.

SO THE RACIST REMARKS AGAINST BLACKS THAT HAVE BEEN POSTED ONLY LEADS ONE TO ASK THE QUESTION…..WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO WHITE AMERICA IN THE NEXT 20 YEARS IF WHITE WOMEN CONTINUE TO DISASSOCIATE THEMSELVES WITH THEIR VERY OWN RACE.

THAT’S NOT FIGHTING, THAT’S REALITY.. AND AN ISSUE THAT WHITE AMERICA SHOULD BE FOCUSED ON, INSTEAD OF MISSING THE MARK BY PAYING TOO MUCH ATTENTION TO THE ZIMMERMAN VERDICT.

BECAUSE SOMEONE HAS POSTED ABOUT THE VERY REAL ISSUE OF RACIAL GENOCIDE AMONGST WHITE WOMEN TOWARDS THEIR RACE DOES NOT EQUATE TO “FIGHTING”. LOOKING AT IT IN THAT MANNER IS ONLY AN ATTEMPT TO LESSEN THE SUBJECT.

MARATHON RUNNER @ 07/14/2013 at 11:54 am

@ nosebleed section:

it’s past due time that this country move beyond race and the color of our skin.

if White momen are the torch bearers in the new creation of a race of inclusiveness as you say “Browning of America” I applaud her.

White women I applaud you, for looking beyond the blackness, and into the eyes of a human being. The concept of ONE LOVE will eventually rule, and for those who can’t accept it, they will be left behind. it’s already happening.

@imwhiteandproud:

Why don’t you go there a check.

@imwhiteandproud:
Why don’t you go there and check.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 » Show All