Who is the New Doctor on 'Doctor Who'? No Reveal at Prom!

Who is the New Doctor on 'Doctor Who'? No Reveal at Prom!

The internet has been abuzz over who will be the new doctor on the hit British series Doctor Who after rumors spread the announcement would be made on Saturday (July 13).

The Doctor Who Prom event was held this evening at Royal Albert Hall in London, England and many expected to find out who Matt Smith‘s successor is at the event.

“Rumours only, we’re afraid,” the BBC One Twitter account said to fans hoping to find out the news.

WHO DO YOU THINK should be the new Doctor?

Frazer Harrison/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Tom Hiddleston

Chiwetel Ejiofor

United Television Review @ 07/13/2013 at 5:30 pm

Who?

Russell Brand

Sherlocked @ 07/13/2013 at 6:50 pm

Tom Hiddleston

Chris Kendall @ 07/13/2013 at 6:59 pm

Pj Liguori

Jeremy Irvine

Richard Madden

The one and only Benedict Cumberbatch will be the next Doctor. Doctor Who is the best show on TV. thank you BBC AMERICA

They’re still casting the new Doctor, but I’m anxious as hell to find out!
@Emma: He’s on Sherlock, and he’s great there, but it would be fun to watch him as the Dovtor :)

Benedict has stated in previous interviews that he has no interest in being the Doctor.

ArtnMusic155 @ 07/14/2013 at 3:29 am

If my dreams come true it will be Benedict Cumberbatch, but I could handle Tom Hiddleston as the next doctor.

I don’t think Tom Hiddleston would do it. I would be amazing though.

PennyBanzai @ 07/15/2013 at 3:31 pm

Bradley James for the Doctor. Bring back Colin Morgan as Jethro Cane for his companion.

Andrew Lee Potts!

I would love to see Hugh Laurie play the Doctor. He’s got the perfect mix of gravitas and quirky insanity necessary for the role.

@Alina:
JJ Feild… bloody typo

Richard E. Grant.

Tom Hiddleston

doctorwho52 @ 07/22/2013 at 12:31 am

Andrew Lee Potts is my choice. He is already known in the UK and USA, the primary audiences for Doctor Who, from his role on Primeval.

Doctor Who? @ 07/23/2013 at 10:40 pm

I believe it’s just going to be someone we may never of heard of. I mean I didn’t know who Matt Smith was until “Doctor Who” and like Steven Mofat he will choose someone new and fresh and young.

I think we should finally make the Doctor a ginger-Rupert Grint. He played Ron Weasley on Harry Potter and is a really cool actor. I think he could do it.

If not him, the Tom Hiddleson, who played Loki on Avengers and Thor. I love both of them as actors.

And for people still about to vote, keep in mind the Doctor never was a GINGER or a GIRL so maybe we could give a female ginger or a female or a ginger a chance. Come on? So many regenerations and he still didn’t get his wish. Why not?

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All