Cory Monteith Dead at 31

Cory Monteith Dead at 31

Cory Monteith has passed away at the age of 31.

The Glee actor was found dead in a room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in Vancouver, Canada, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Cory had checked into the hotel on July 6 and was expected to check out today. When he missed his checkout time at noon, hotel staff went to his room on the 21st floor and found him dead. There has not been an official cause of death given yet, though foul play is not suspected. It is being speculated that it could have been a drug overdose.

Cory recently went through rehab to be treated for substance addiction and successfully completed a program after a month.

Just a couple of weeks ago, Cory was spotted looking happy at a photo shoot for the upcoming fifth season of his hit series Glee alongside his girlfriend and co-star Lea Michele. The new season is scheduled to premiere in September.

We send our thoughts and condolences to Cory‘s loved ones at this difficult time.

Ethan Miller/Getty

Holy crap this is very shocking….I never watched glee before but all the girls takes about him in my class. Prayers and condolences to the family.

IS THIS CONFIRMED YET?? OR IS IT A HOAX??? BECAUSE I CANT WRAP MY MIND AROUND IT!

I’m crying… rest in peace, Cory, we love you.

Sad… he had such potential.

This is a really bad joke right??

That’s so sad.

My prayers are with his family and friends. Hope they stay strong. He was a great man.

@A-J: confirmed. Press conference with the Vancouver PD is live now.

wow so sad RIP

Too sad. Lea Michele was there every step of the way and he failed her. Rest in peace, Cory. You were loved by thousands.

thats shocking…but lowlifes sheen and lohan live

oh my god. What happened??

WHAT?!!!!! This can´t be…Omg is so so sad : ´(

Wow…unbelievable. RIP Cory. Oh my God…

unbelievable.

My heart hurts for his family, his co-stars, friends, and Leah. This is just so devastating. He was such a big part of the show, and it will never be the same. Praying for his family and friends. Such bad things happen to such wonderful people. RIP Corey. You’ll be loved forever.

RIP cory…this is just unbelievable.

I’m stunned. My heart is broken for Lea. I met Cory and Lea right before Glee hit the air and they were 2 of the nicest people I’ve met…..I’m in tears right now :(

**** WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO GLEE????????????

OMG! so shocking!! i can’t believe it… it’s so sad RIP

I literally can’t believe it. God take care of his family and friends <3

This is why the support system post-rehab is so important. Such young lives lost to drugs because there aren’t enough healthy coping mechanisms in place.. So sad.

Wow! This is really sad. My condolences to his family, Lea and friend’s. I’m stunned by this.

I REALLY CAN’T BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!! SO SUDDEN!!!!!!!!!! OMG

Its so strange that he died in the afternoon and we hear the news this late. plus lea michele has been active on twitter just 4 hours ago :S

i can’t believe it………………………………………………………….

an opinion @ 07/14/2013 at 2:00 am

Condolences to his family.
Don’t understand staying in rehab for just one month.

Shocking! But then he was battling substance abuse. Where was Lea Michelle?

Wow, it seems like this news came out of nowhere. Condolences for his family.

Tragic. I’m shocked that Cory is gone. Glee will never be the same without him. You’re not suppose to check out at 31.

I’m so shocked. I hate drugs.

The Vancouver police is having a live press conference discussing his death. They said that they haven’t found an apparent cause of death and that foul play wasn’t involved. It should take another day or two until they find out. He is from Canada/ British Columbia.

Oh my God! I can’t believe it. This is so shocking. May he rest in peace. Such a talented and lovely person. He will be missed. My prayers to him & his family :(

(the original) Xo @ 07/14/2013 at 2:26 am

OMG this is so incredibly sad and shocking! I’ve never watched Glee or anything but I was rooting for him when it came to his addiction struggles. This is so sad.

I read all of this, but I still can’t believe it…. :(

I was no Glee watcher but I am heartbroken by this news. It just doesn’t sound right. May he rest in peace. All my condolences to his family and friends.

Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang @ 07/14/2013 at 2:42 am

Oh my gosh, this is so unexpected!! Feel sorry for that, all my condolences to Cory’s family, Lea and all of the Glee’s hunk drama cast and relatives!! That’s so grieving by the way, but we hope he can find peace in another world!! Hope Lea can toughen up and go on with her life!! As we say in Malay, takziah = condolences!! Cory had not left us, he had just travelling to a better place and hope we will remember him in our hearts!!

:’( That show meant so much to my grandma and I. RIP to Cory, and I hope the show continues. TWO WORDS: Painfully unexpected.

RIP Cory. still shocked

This is incredibly sad. Rest in peace Cory.

A big shock! RIP Cory

STEPHANIE @ 07/14/2013 at 4:03 am

im in tears right now, rest in peace gorgeous <3 we will have a new angel up there.

I still can’t believe it! :(

OMG, this is so sad! I cant believe! He is so young and talented!:( My condolences to is family, friends and Lea.

Such devastating news. Really shocked about this. Rest in peace.

This is unbelievable. He is so young. I’m sorry for Lea Michele. Words can’t describe what she must be feeling. They were so beautiful together:

I can’t believe this :(

So Saddened cannot believe this. Don’t Stop Believing, R.I.P to a talented actor

EndOfTime @ 07/14/2013 at 6:32 am

I’m so sad, I can’t believe it

LOL. Just LOL.

I’m shock to learn this. Yes, he had drugs addiction issues, but at least, he tried to recover.
He probably didn’t have the support he needed, from his girlfriend and from his co-stars.
It’s ironic, because as Ryan Murphy and all say, Glee, it’s a great family, everyone support each other, it’s all about respect … Wow, great support.
Anyway, all my condolences to his family and friends ♥

this is so incredibly sad, im so shocked and choked up at the loss of the life of this young man. he was the heart of glee when it started, and i pray for him and his family and lea, life is so short, we have to acknowledge that we could lose anyone we love at any moment, so we must be kind and loving of those we care for with full understanding that we or they could leave us one day.

LooseLipz @ 07/14/2013 at 7:29 am

Terribly sad. Cory has had a long battle with drugs and alcohol beginning when he was a teenager. He had even to rehab twice. He received plenty of support from his family and his girlfriend. Addiction is a horrible curse.

Rest in peace, Cory :’(

dont understand their relasionship… she is in “paradise” on vacation, and he was in some hotel in canada taking drugs…

@123456: You can have all the support in the world, but if you don’t support YOURSELF, then it won’t mean anything in the end. Cory fought but lost the battle, that’s all there is to it.

Condolences…Cory Monteith was one of my favourite actors..Death is an awfull thing..Hope to see Cory in my dreams using this METHOD – http://tinyurl.com/ptoblr7

jieuhhuairka @ 07/14/2013 at 8:28 am

I am so shocked just like everyone.
I’ve loved Glee since the beginning, we saw his character growing up and changing since. He was amazing in last season.
It’s weird to react like that because these people are actors, they live so far from us, I’m not even american, i’m french. We do not live in the “same world”, we just know them as fictional characters. Still. He seemed to be a very nice person.
RIP Cory, you will be missed.

GODDDDDDD I never watch his works or being fan ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, BUT IM SHOCKINNNNG RIGHT NOOOOW I HOPE IT BE FALSE

As sad as these news are I hope people listen to the morale of this: drugs kill. When you’re an addict you think you’re in control but you aren’t and you need to let people help you.

ps: you have to remain clean to have succesfully completed a rehab problem. Not the case.

@karl: it’s called PR relationship, aka not dating except for the sake of fame and the fans

@A-J: His rep confirmed it. :(

@eden:
Not everybody is Keith Richards.

Not your friend @ 07/14/2013 at 10:12 am

@Guy: why is everyone shocked now? When he lost so much weight, I was concerned…then he went to rehab, and I was like sum thing fishy is going on, but cuz he in glee, ppl over looked it

HE FAILED HER? It wasnt for her that he went to rehab, it was for himself. GET A CLUE!!

@Rose:

SERIOUSLY? You are concerned about glee? Someone just died you dimwit!

@amy:

So tragic. Don’t do drugs. Not even once. You can get addicted from the first try. Don’t think it can’t happen to you. If you are human, you can become addicted. Say no to drugs!

@:(:
No the were planned on getting married..they have been dating for over a year. That is not PR, could of started out that way, but in the end they really loved each other. I can’t even imagine how lea and his friends and family feel right now. Prayers out to them, what a tragedy. He was a very talented young man.

Rest in peace, Cory. My condolences to his family and Lea.

This is shocking.

i feel really sad for his dead and i wish the best for his family

Rest in peace a talented true gent

Heartbreaking

amy @ 07/14/2013 at 1:51 am #21
The man is dead and you’re upset about what will happen to a tv show. That is truly sad. Have some compassion.

I hate glee, but this kinda stuff just can’t happen. RIP cory, i know a lot of people who would miss you right now. 31… way to young…

WOW! SO SAD!

@123456: Lea Michelle was always by his side, picking him up after rehab and so forth. You can’t expect them to be watching him all the time, as if he’s a helpless child.

Sad, but this was one of these situation where everyone’s best wasn’t enough to save him.

@Rose:
He “failed her”…how dare you…

@Travyon: HOW DARE U?!!!! GET A LIFE YA MORON!

I can not believe he’s death. I just wish this was a nightmare and you wake up. He was so young. Poor him, poor Lea Michele, poor family, poor friends. May his soul Rest In Peace. Condolences to his family, Lea and his friends :(

Almir Mestre León @ 07/14/2013 at 7:05 pm

I can not believe it.

He was younger and talent , sad news

Such a tragedy…he was so young. My heart is breaking for his family and especially Lea Michelle.

Yup kids, stay on drug…it turns out real good.

This is unbelievable. I can’t understand why he do this.
Rest in peace Cory ! We always love you. OMFG this is so so shocking

He commited suicide.

I feel so bad for his friends and family. It will probably be some time before any results are released to the public. It took a few weeks to get Heath Ledger’s results after he died. I don’t suspect he committed intentional suicide … but lots of times with people in his position, just coming out of rehab, there’s other things they do wrong. They take sleeping pills or tranquilizers/downers and they just throw their systems totally out of whack. Poor family.

Extremely sad! Such a talented actor, singer dancer! Unbelievable! Damn them drugs! War against drugs! Fight against drugs! America needs to focus on getting drugs out of schools! It starts in intermediate school and will continue in high school and get worse in college, if it gets that far. We need to deactivate this bomb that plagues or country. Too sad for his parents and family. Hopefully we can all grow from this experience. Glee will not be the same without him. What a wonderful opportunity for the glee fans and that age group to learn about the dangers of drugs. Not only for the unlawful but for the good citizens that may live next door to us and on the outside appear to be strong, healthy and unaffected by this epidemic. Anyone can become prey to this ever present monster; drugs in America!

OMG! This is just heart breaking. Such a handsome talented young man. Poor Leah. Rest in Peace Cory! Wish I could have locked you away and gotten you better. FU…N DRUGS!!!!!!!!!

So so so sad and tragic. He was a such a a nice genuine wonderful and talented young man. But trash like Sheen and Lohan are alive..Life is so unfair.

trabant099 @ 07/16/2013 at 9:36 am

I feel sooo bad for his guy pal!! I bet he is devastated!

I was very saddened see this talented young man passed away. Drug addiction takes another bright star.

Another wasted Hollywood druggie. I guess he didn’t want to get married after all. Hope he paid for the hotel room.

GleeFanaticFan @ 07/17/2013 at 1:30 am

I am still in COMPLETE SHOCK that Cory’s gone…..this is just heartbreaking and still a bit numbing to me!! We’re going to miss you Cory, watch over Lea right now, she’ll need all the comfort she can get. Lea just lost the most important person in her life, besides her immediate family 2 days ago, I can’t imagine how she must be feeling right now!! Glee is never going to be the same ever again!!

Hi Guys,

It is sad to see someone that was doing so well pass away due to a relapse. This is a growing problem in our nation and we need to actively prevent such accidents from happening again. I want to stop this so I’ve created a site cleanrelationships.com where people can find solace in others that are living clean and can continue to live clean with support from everyone that has gone through hell and are living miracles. There is so much to gain. You are not alone.