Cory Monteith's Touching Video Message for Fan Before Death

Cory Monteith's Touching Video Message for Fan Before Death

A video has surfaced that fans believe to be the last video of Cory Monteith before his untimely death over the weekend.

The 31-year-old actor is seen in the video sending a message to a fan while on a flight from Japan to Vancouver. A flight attendant named Sheila asked him to record the message for her boyfriend’s daughter Mallory.

“I wanted to record this video for you guys just to let you know to stay out of trouble and stay in school,” Cory says in the clip.

Cory had flown to his hometown of Vancouver on July 6 before checking into the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel. He was found dead in his room on the 21st floor after missing his checkout time on Saturday (July 13). Earlier this week, his body was cremated after a private viewing with his family and girlfriend Lea Michele.

Cory Monteith’s Touching Video Message for Fan Before Death

Frazer Harrison/Getty

I’m gonna miss him
my heart goes to lea

This guy is literally a saint

Not your friend @ 07/18/2013 at 9:37 pm

He can hardly keep his eyes opened…must’ve been on drugs

What a wonderful guy. RIP Cory. I still can’t believe he’s gone :(

snap crackle pop @ 07/18/2013 at 10:07 pm

Sweet and sad video. So very bittersweet.
It’s very telling to see what he chose to focus on and say in such a short message. My heart goes out to him, and anyone like him in his situation.

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 07/18/2013 at 10:54 pm

@Leokas: a saint? really? people always over hype the dead.

@[~Fug Face Man!ston~]: true, people are actually saying he was a good singer. Now that he’s gone he, sudenly, became the greatest, the heart of glee, and we all know the heart of glee is Jane Lynch. Don’t get me wrong, his death was sensless and sad, but that doesn’t mean that we have to praise him because he’s dead. I always thought thad he was a bad singer, terrible dancer but his acting was ok.

skyfiredancer @ 07/18/2013 at 11:14 pm

far from a saint – but a very talented young man that had his life cut short by making very bad choices. My heart goes out to Lea, his family and all his friends…and to his fans, of which I count myself one of. I know that everyone grieves that they won’t see him on Glee or other future projects….I grieve for a life cut short, I grieve for a young man that had so much to look forward to, was in love and has so many experiences in life that he will never have and be able to share with the ones that he loves.

This is SO STUPID that this keeps happening – but there is no real way to stop it…he had a bright future ahead of him, a woman that loved him, the sky was the limit for him, but he still chose to abuse drugs…..it really breaks my heart. When I saw the headlines that he was dead, all I could think was “oh, no….not him”. Rest in peace, Cory.

love him, and is very sad that he’s gone, but that vid was slightly awkward..but then again i’m sure he was thinking ummm what else do I say…yea his eyes tripped me out…

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 07/19/2013 at 12:41 am

Sad, yes. but for some reason I dont feel bad for people who kill themselves. But if acting like they lost the greatest actor of their generation makes people feel better then hey.

It´s easy to judge somebodys action, when you know nothing about, what was going on in his life. So please just SHUT UP and thank the Lord, if that is your thing, for having such a blessed life, that has never place you in the pits of such a dispair, that would make seem the bad choice as a good one. I hate judgemental narrow minded people.

A saint? Stay out of trouble? Don’t get me wrong, it is truly sad that he died, but remember how he died. That’s hardly saint or staying out of trouble. It’s not good to glorify him now.

I agree. I thought he was a wonderful guy but he let himself be defeated by his addiction, which shouldn’t be emulated by anyone. I fear for the people that would think dying like this is okay just because they have a ‘disease’ that makes them ‘can’t live without’ the drug. It’s not right. So may his life be a lesson to all those that watch the show, like him, and are struggling with drugs as well. It can hurt a lot of people around you and keep you from living a wonderful, fulfilling life.

He looks high in the video. Seriously, who thinks he could sing or act? LOL

Do you really believe that it’s really was drugs? I think it was suicide! I don’t believe that he takes dugs again

My favorite death of 2013 so far.

he’s so out of it in the video. Look at his eyes

this video is from last year, he was in Japan to promote Glee. check your facts before posting.

@[~Fug Face Man!ston~]: shut up! this is so inappropriate!!

@CM: omg you’re just too stupid for me to handle..

Venus7star @ 07/19/2013 at 11:45 am

He is definitely not a saint… remember he died of an heroin overdose ? But I think his advice to this young girl was really appropriate. He surely knew what it was to “not stay out of trouble”…

Famewhores galore @ 07/19/2013 at 5:46 pm

@Not your friend: or maybe he was just tired and feeling jet lagged!? Yes we know he was an addict and he never denied it.in fact he always talked about it, doesn’t mean that he was always high or drugged up.have some respect. The man just died.smdh

Famewhores galore @ 07/19/2013 at 5:48 pm

@696969: complete and utter disgusting piece of trash.go find a hole loser

Famewhores galore @ 07/19/2013 at 5:57 pm

@[~Fug Face Man!ston~]: you don’t have to think the guy was the best actor to feel for him and his family.he never denied his addiction and always tried to beat it.he just lost in the end. Have some respect.im not a fan of his but i find it tragic that a young man has lost his life to this terrible disease.you are just pathetic to talk so badly about a dead person smdh

I miss him so much you kn0w what when i saw c0ry in the glee i feel attracted to him i don’t kn0w why but this is what i feel for him and i feel lucky also because i know him n0t pers0nally but it’s 0k.