Matt Damon: 'I Spend My Life Trying to Be Like Brad Pitt'

Matt Damon: 'I Spend My Life Trying to Be Like Brad Pitt'

Matt Damon shows off his Boston pride in a Celtics t-shirt while heading into The Late Show with David Letterman on Wednesday (July 31) in New York City.

The 42-year-old actor recently did an interview on the Today show, where Matt Lauer asked him about an interview where he implied that friend Brad Pitt was jealous of his life.

“I spend my life trying to be like Brad Pitt,” Matt joked during the interview.

Check out the full interview below, and be sure to catch Matt in Elysium, in theaters on August 9!

10+ pictures inside of Matt Damon at The Late Show

• Chris Brown and Drake are collaborating on a track together- TMZ
  • Cory Monteith's dad opens up on his death after one year- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Mitchell has signed on to star in Members Only- Just Jared Jr
  • When will Blake Lively go live with her new lifestyle website?- Lainey Gossip
  • Mariel Booth shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Angelina Jolie @ 08/01/2013 at 12:19 pm

yes, i hope it was a joke because Brad Pitt is so overrated.

Brad Pitt has never won an Oscar and never will, you are much more talented than him Matt..

You’re better Matt! Don’t try to be like Brad.

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 08/01/2013 at 12:53 pm

He’s definitely better.

QQQQ @ 08/01/2013 at 12:46 pm
Watch the last minute of the clip before you decide who the loser is here.
I love the Jolie-Pitts but I don’t have to attack everybody else to prove how much I love them. I think Matt is a great guy too, even though his last name isn’t Pitt.

It is wonderful to see friendships in this crazy industry. People who laugh and tease each other is so normal. I like them bother better after seeing this

different @ 08/01/2013 at 2:27 pm

Both Matt & Brad seem nicer than most in Hollywood, but Brad definitely picks better projects, both to act in & produce. Brad spends more time with his family than Matt, who, like his buddy Ben, will go do a movie without bringing his family. I’ve noticed that recently he talked about bringing his family more, which is a very good lesson to copy from Brad. Matt has often spoke of how great it was that Brad recommened him for the Bourne franchise when he turned it down- bc of Bourne, Matt is probably set for life financially.

What about the part where Brad cheated on his wife publicly then left her for his mistress….does Matt envy that too? He better think how his comments would make his wife feel before running his mouth :)

Stupid first question, Matt!

@Angelina Jolie: Brad Pitt all the way!

chachitta @ 08/02/2013 at 4:03 am

@Angelina Jolie: He@Angelina Jolie: It was not a joke and should he always talk Brad Pitt ONLY when doing his movies promos? Start to wonder his is riding the same boat as Chiiniston. He is a good actor but not as good as BP period.

@jamie: Matt cannot be envied by any one because he picked himself a barmaid and a step daughter! Never heard BP mentioning Matt during his promos including the recent hit WWZ!

British Latin American @ 08/02/2013 at 2:55 pm

@nina: You sound like an idiot, since you’re an obvious Brangelina groupie.