American Idol's Amber Holcomb: Pregnant with First Child!

American Idol's Amber Holcomb: Pregnant with First Child!

Amber Holcomb is reportedly pregnant with her first child with boyfriend Lamar D. Denson, according to her Facebook.

The 19-year-old American Idol contestant posted a picture of a sonogram in late July and stood up for herself against those, who didn’t have the best reactions.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Amber Holcomb

“I’m happy…That’s all that matters…in the end it’s gonna be me and my child and whoever else wants to be there for us. I didn’t ask for this, but I consider it a blessing,” Amber wrote on her wall.

“First off. You don’t know what the f–k you talking bout. Lamar has a job and buys his own s–t…and secondly my career is not over honey. I have talent which will NEVER GO AWAY. You need a life..GTF!..don’t worry bout me. Ima be good..” Amber tweeted to someone attacking her about the pregnancy.

Amber is currently on tour with the rest of the American Idol contestants.

amensister @ 08/06/2013 at 3:06 am

when are black women going to learn sex does not mean love and commitment, also what is the aversion to birth control.

another role model bites the dust
#dissappointed

SADLY, THEY NEVER HEARD OF CONTRACEPTION….

Congratulations to her! People should not be attacking her because she is pregnant. Stop looking to entertainers as role models.

@amensister: Eh, I’m a black girl and i’m a virgin (by choice). Not all of us are having sex with random guys and having babies….

TheMuffinMan @ 08/06/2013 at 5:25 am

Im not saying she wasn’t using protection but anyone that does not use protection does not have the right to say “I did not ask for this to happen” cause obviously if your not using protection you are asking for a chance for it to happen.

Congratulations Amber! You are the best!

For being such a sweet, quiet girl on Idol, her language is a bit surprising and off-putting here. Also when she says “I did not ask for this to happen …”, she acts as if her pregnancy just “fell” on her and she played no part in it!? However, I do wish her and her new little one-to-be all the very best.

@amensister: #1

Don’t make this about race, *****. I know many white teens, and white women who are pregnant, out of wedlock.

I never liked her on the show anyways but congrats to her.

DillPickle @ 08/06/2013 at 8:27 am

I guess neither were thinking about careers, marriage or goals.

Oh Yeah!!! @ 08/06/2013 at 8:53 am

Stop judging her! She isn’t having an Abortion and hiding it from the world so just ease off!

@amensister:

And white women doesn’t learn that wow talk about stereotyping.

@xyz:

Then what do you call those white girl teen moms on MTV: DEAF?

Good Luck to her. However let’s hope her first album is a success because just having talent doesn’t mean one can make a career out of it.

@Sheri: lol u should see her twitter responses and her ask.fm responses she responds to negative comments with BIT@@ OR Hoe…etc thats why if we actually follow these people we would knoow that yes they are talented but actually arent that great to become ‘idols”

Of course someone had to bring race up and someone else had to respond to that person’s comment in an equally disrespectful manner. When will people learn? Grow up. It’s 2013.

As for Amber, she is a beautiful and talented young woman, and I wish her the best. She could have chosen her words more carefully and not shown so much vulnerability to the negative media, but we all tend to make rash decisions under the influence of anger. And she did have a right to be angry.

This doesn’t mean the end of her career, people. There are thousands of successful working mothers. Yes, it’s hard when you’re just getting started, but it is worth it. She needs to focus on herself and quit letting the negativity get to her and cause her to say uncharacteristic things.

jennifer barrett @ 08/09/2013 at 12:54 pm

i think its her life and congrats amber i will support your muic ..life is good

@Sheri:
I agree. As a fan who fell in love with her for her raw singing talent as well as her quiet and sweet personality on American Idol, I’m shock at her bitchy response here too. I guess she isn’t the sweet girl we all thought she were after all. So disappointed!

@Sean:

Yes, but blacks have 73% out of wedlock rate as compared to less than 50% for whites.

@SEAN COULD IT BE THAT PERHAPS BLACK GIRLS/WOMEN HAVE THEIR BABIES AND DO NOT ABORT THEM ?u can’t count the percentages if they don’t get here to be counted.

I meant that for Jennifer….

Not important @ 09/22/2013 at 4:47 pm

Congrats Amber!!!!! Just because you have a baby does not mean it’s the end of the world. It just means that she will have to work harder and wiser. Race should not be a factor because I live in a predominantly white area and most of the pregnancies I see are from white female starting at age 14. It’s all I see and they come from families with decent backgrounds.

CONGRATS AMBER!!! I HOPE YOUR BABY HAS DIMPLES LIKE YOU. YOUR THE BEST. I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT LIFE WITH YOUR BABY AND BF