Meryl Streep & Alexander Skarsgard: 'The Giver' Co-Stars?

Meryl Streep & Alexander Skarsgard: 'The Giver' Co-Stars?

Meryl Streep is close to a deal to star as Chief Elder in the upcoming adaptation of Lois Lowry‘s book “The Giver!”

The 64-year-old actress would join Jeff Bridges for the film, which starts shooting in eight weeks in South Africa.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Meryl Streep

Alexander Skarsgard and ShamelessCameron Monaghan are also in talks to join the cast, according to The Wrap.

“The Giver” is a “fantasy tale set in a dystopian society that fears freedom. All memory of human history has been erased, emotion does not exist and citizens’ professions are chosen for them.”

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All

Woo Hoo! This is awesome news!

I hope this happens!

@Lilla: I hope this happens too. Sounds fascinating and like it’s a good role for Skars.

Madeleine @ 08/07/2013 at 4:38 am

I really hope this happens!

Its like “thor” hell never get the part…

Great news !! I wish him all the luck in the world . He deserves it .

Slinky the Cat @ 08/07/2013 at 10:18 am

Same here. Great news for Alex! I hope he gets the part and would love, love, love to see him working with Meryl Streep! He does deserve it.

nice cast, but what ive heard, then the kid is too old, even too old to actually be vikings kid…

This sounds like an interesting movie and the cast is great. Hope it works out.

If you read the article in cinemablend.com it says that Alex and Streep and
Monaghan already have signed deals to join the project. Lets wait for an offical statement before opening the champagne .

@Onboard?:
Nobody is opening champagne right now. We’re all saying we “hope” it works out, not that it’s official.

christina @ 08/08/2013 at 4:38 am

Amazing news for Alexander, I wish him all the luck in the world too.
He just sooo deserve it, sounds like a pretty good role for him..
Can’t wait to open that Chianti…Go Alexander!!!

Whycantipost @ 08/08/2013 at 4:26 pm

@.:

Yes, and the dude on the left is his boyfriend. Move along, nothing to see here!

On topic: hope it happens, seems like a nice cast that could give Alex some recognition :)

It would be a wonderful opportunity for Alex to work with Jeff Bridges and Meryl Streep.

is Julia Lundin his girlfriend ?

@And: Also hanging out with men.

@gaja, no, there is no evidence that he’s dating anyone.

Yes he does have a date @ 08/09/2013 at 7:07 pm

Alex is their with date Carolyn winberg pics of her been together.

@Yes he does have a date: Proper spelling and punctuation are your friends. As you’re a troll, they’re probably your only friends, but still, they’re your friends.

Alex is having back his beard :) i so love it

@morin:

He pretty much already has the part of Jona’s father.

Cafélady @ 08/15/2013 at 6:05 pm

Wow…that are great news! I also hope, that he will get that part. Sounds interesting and it would be great to see him in a movie with Meryl Streep and Jeff Bridges. I wish him good luck!

Unfortunately I had no chance to watch WMK or East in a theater near by me… :( .. but I’ve read that the dvd release of WMK was already in US – so I have the hope that I must not to wait that long until the release here in G.

Alex in north carolinia

Alexander skarsgard is in hampatead! Grab your bottle of trueblood and lets hit it!

Angela Verricchia

6 hours ago near Wilmington, NC via Mobile
Omg Alexander Skarsgard is in town!!! I will meet him!!!

Angela Verricchia
filmin with Ms. L Lohan lol

Rachel Davis
Just heard on the radio that Alexander Skarsgard (Eric from True Blood) is in Wilmington filming right now. Why am I not driving over there right now? Such a hottie!

Ewwwwwwwww alex betta not get it on near l lohen if They eva meet in carolina I mean Alex is a hot blooded random frisky dude but if seriously thinks of shagging the hell out of used village bycle STD Lindsey lohen he is
one desperate man for a quick shag and putting himself at risk for catching her STD .

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All