Usher's Son Hospitalized in ICU After Pool Accident

Usher's Son Hospitalized in ICU After Pool Accident

Usher‘s son, Usher Raymond V, has been hospitalized in the ICU after suffering a serious accident in the a pool, according to TMZ.

The 34-year-old entertainer’s five-year-old son was playing in the pool when he dove down to retrieve a toy from the drain when he got stuck. Several attempts were made to pull him out and he was finally freed.

At the time, Usher was not at home, but rushed back and met his son at the hospital in Atlanta, Ga.

Doctors have been running tests and say Usher V will be ok.

The accident comes a little over one year after Usher‘s stepson Kile passed away in a jet-ski accident.

Our thoughts are with Usher and his family during this time for a speedy recovery.

Credit: Taylor Hill; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Celebrity Babies, Tameka Foster, Usher, Usher Raymond V

Jamie McCarthy/Getty

he is a horrible father. protect your kids

aquarius64 @ 08/06/2013 at 2:21 pm

I hope the little guy pulls through. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Praying for the family <3

@ rachel. He wasn’t even home. I hope it happens to your kid so I can laugh and blame it on you.

charlotte @ 08/06/2013 at 2:31 pm

Positive thoughts going to Usher and his son. Only takes a second for someone to turn their back on kids and unfortunately an ACCIDENT happens.

Christina @ 08/06/2013 at 2:33 pm

@rachel:

He wasnt there! How does that make him a horrible father?? Think before you speak!

OMG. I hope his little boy is doing better and getting soon well again.

what is wrong with you @ 08/06/2013 at 2:39 pm

@rachel: How mean and bitter must you be. So every working mother or father are horrible. Are you then paying all the bills for all the working parents in this world, so they can control their kids 24/7?

How horrible – I hope the little one is ok.

great father.. or should I say hire better help.

@rachel: #1

You d@mn @–hole.

Venus7star @ 08/06/2013 at 3:11 pm

Woah ! This drain pool is working mucho better than mine… It wouldn’t even catch a single leave… :S

No offense, all my thoughts for them… and I hope a speedy recovery to the little one.

Thank you to all those posting positive compassionate thoughts.

The all you @–holes posting mean-spirited things, GO TO HELL!

@rachel: I think it is a horrible accident, and that’s it, accidents do happen and Rachel, are you perfect, flawless and nothing bad every happens cause you are always there all the time? if so good for you, but not everyone has that opportunity, shut the hell up and grow up, not everyone can stay home and judge people the way you do …. just saying, my prayers are with Usher’s family

My prayers go out to Usher… hopeing his son has a speedy recovery soon.

Love The Shoes @ 08/06/2013 at 4:51 pm

Where’s the prayers and good thoughts for this child’s mom?! What is wrong with you ppl?! You may not like her but she IS his mom and she’s lost one child! Usher didn’t have those boys all by himself!

Aubreegrl @ 08/06/2013 at 6:32 pm

If he’s working, i dont understand why the children cannot be with their mother.

Love The Shoes @ 08/06/2013 at 8:25 pm

@Aubreegrl: Because he’s convinced the world that all she’s been good for is a womb. I like Usher but this acting like he’s got a halo over his head and she’s got horns is jacked. He’s not perfect. He’s simply got more money and the power that accompanies it.

@lala:
I agree….. How can she even part her lips to say he is a bad father? It’s not like he left the children home without an adult supervision. This could have happened if he was right there in the pool with the child. People are a trip. Accidents happen everyday while parents are with or without their children. I just pray that he has a speedy recovery and the family is at peace.

@rachel:

You need help. God forbids something like this happens to you….. would you feel you are a bad parent? Accidents happen when parents are with or without their children. This doesn’t make them bad parents. So is Tameka a bad parent because her son (may he rest in peace) died in a jet ski accident a little over a year ago? No it doesn’t. Same goes for this incident. Think before you speak or post and remember this could be you. My prayers go out to the Raymond family and also to your family and you that you get the mental help you need.