Ryan Phillippe: I Have No Desire To Be Who You Think I Should

Ryan Phillippe: I Have No Desire To Be Who You Think I Should

Ryan Phillippe bares his buff biceps in a white tanktop while spending time with his kids Ava, 13, and Deacon, 9, on Sunday afternoon (August 25) in Brentwood, Calif.

The 38-year-old actor grabbed lunch with the kids, who are getting so big these days!

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Ryan Phillippe

“I have no desire to be who you think I should and neither do I care to “compete” conventionally,” Ryan tweeted the next day. “success is subjective & mutable.”

10+ pictures inside of Ryan Phillippe getting lunch with his children…

ryan phillippe no desire to be who you think i should 01
ryan phillippe no desire to be who you think i should 12
ryan phillippe no desire to be who you think i should 13

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

He’s like barley a B-Lister right now. I think he has a perception of himself being something more.

Honestly, Ava is so tall now and so beautiful that I had to double check that it wasn’t his gal pal Paulina. They are looking too much alike these days!!!

You should be retired.

living in the box @ 08/26/2013 at 9:24 pm

hey Ryan, what about your other child?

What was his last relevant work?

Ryan has not been on Hollywood’s radar for quite some time now. I doubt people care enough about him for him to make statements like this.

oh my God..it’s mini reese! Rees’s Pieces! haha

Anne-Marie G. @ 08/26/2013 at 9:37 pm

A grown man…it is time to put on a shirt and throw on a pair of pants.

devil's advocate @ 08/26/2013 at 9:49 pm

Success actually has a specific definition. It’s fine to say you don’t need that to be happy or the typical definition of success doesn’t interest you but you can’t redefine success. People know he is talented and wonder why he doesn’t try to get more involved in an acting career. He could be just as big as anyone else his age. He sounds like he is defensive about his choices.

when he first came out I thought he was going to be a really good actor but he got de-railed somewhere and didn’t really amount to much. he was in some good indie movies but that was years ago.

I think the comparisons to Reese were a problem for him. He wasn’t competing with her but the press set it up like they were in a competition that he couldn’t win so he still gets irritable obviously. Now he is writing and directing. He has a great writing style and is ver funny so I bet he’ll have success and hopefully he can reconcile that with his inner iconoclast.

trolls Trolls TROLLS all up in da house tonight! Haaaaters love him or they wouldnt troll Troll TROLL!

#@12

Seriously! His divorce to the Queen Cnut was all fabricated lies. This is one good looking, talented, funny man who is a wonderful dad to his kids!

CAAgent007 @ 08/26/2013 at 11:56 pm

Do your thing brutha! Just do your thing!
#fcukeveryoneandthehorsetheyrodeinon

Ummm he’s how old? He has that syndrome Pharrell has, the syndrome of youngness.

Can’t get over how grown up his kids with Reese are. I for one enjoy reading his Twitter comments, he is refreshingly down to earth and very funny in a snarky kind of way. This man also gets hotter with age.

I can’t remember seeing him any big movies, I’ve only seen him in Cruel Intentions and tbh I didn’t know who he was until him and Reece got divorced. But anyway, he is the hottest dad I’ve ever seen!

He is doing work. Try looking on IMDB.

Tlatelolco68 (rumored) (pre-production)

2013 Shreveport (post-production)
Reagan Pearce

2013 Straight A’s
Scott

@Anna: #6

He can make whatever statements he wants to make.

@living in the box: #4

IF he has another child, it is not your business how he see’s this alleged child. But do you have proof he has another child? If not STHU!

Teddy's Cousin @ 08/27/2013 at 1:44 pm

He is so Handsome, you can’t take that from him. He’s freakin’ gorgeous.

How much alimony does he get from Reese. Sure, he can just sit back and do nothing.

Dirk_Reese-Fan @ 08/27/2013 at 2:32 pm

Fine to see Ryan with Ava and Deacon this time.
Ryan is right. He´s not trying to be what “the others” wants to make him to be. Ryan is Ryan – the original, with his own style.
Ryan wants to be strong like a lion with a maximum masculinity.
Consequence: His body IS strong like a lion with a maximum masculinity.
Even his fashion-style symbolizes – most of the time – maximum-masculinity. (To compentate his big underlip) But why not?
That´s all OK ! Coz´ most women like men with big muscles (as long as they are not too big) instead of men with too thin muscles. BTW: Muscles are good for the circulation of the blood in the body. They are good for the health. Therefore it´s even intelligent to go to the gym, yep! Even good for the neuroplasticity of the brain, even without jogging (at least to a certain degree, I think).
Ryan has some desires. Of course, Ryans´ desires, yep !
These desires are OK – as long as he shares them only with Paulina, I think, yep ! Well, I´d do that, if I were Ryan and if I were together with Paulina in GREAT LOVE, yep. (Of course, this has been an if-sentence !!!)
Theory: When they (Ryan and Reese) split in the past, Ryan was traumatized, too. Deep inside of him it was very bitter to lose Reese. As a consequence, he developed the fear of losing a woman. And the consequence of this consequence is, that he tries everything to avoid losing a woman now. Therefore he wants to show 100% masculinity, too.
The fear of losing a woman is at maximum, once he´s married. Therefore he isn´t married already, I think. It´s all because of this fear inside of him.
Hey Ryan, crush this fear. I know you can. Don´t make it to a habit ! Otherwise you´d develope to a second Hugh Heffner. But that´s not what you´re longing for, I think. Think about your GREAT HEART, that´s still inside of you.
(OK, all this is just a theory. Perhaps it´s totally wrong. Please don´t take it serious, Ryan). I´m someone who likes to make theories. That is what I call “thinking”. As long as there are already all facts, everything is boring and then there is no need to start thinking. Where would be the pleasure, if we already knew everything about everyone and about the whole world???
The pleasure is in the speculations. It´s within different theories. The pleasure is the “thinking” itself.
I saw Ryan in the movie “Setup” (2011) as Vincent – together with Bruce Willis and 50 Cent. He played this character brilliantly, yep ! Especially the dramatic scene at the end was excellently played by him ! Congrats ! He´s still a very talented actor. And we´ll see further interesting movies with him. And he´s a good dad, who gives his kids the right kind of values.
RYAN-POWER-FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRSTRONGLIKEALION !!!
AND ALWAYS WITH A GREAT HEART !

British Latin American @ 08/27/2013 at 3:27 pm

@living in the box: Maybe that other kid is not his.

British Latin American @ 08/27/2013 at 9:06 pm

@Anne-Marie G.: Stop being so uptight. I have to admire a thirty-eight year-old man who looks as fresh as a boy in his late teens or twenties. And it’s summer time in the northern hemisphere!People tend not to wear too much at this time of year.