Matt Bomer Responds to 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Petition: I'm Touched!

Matt Bomer Responds to 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Petition: I'm Touched!

Matt Bomer has responded to the outpouring of fans creating a petition to make him the new Christian Grey in Fifty Shades of Grey.

The 35-year-old White Collar actor was named in the petition alongside Alexis Bledel, who was a fan favorite for Anastasia Steele. The roles actually went to Charlie Hunnam and Dakota Johnson.

“I’m so grateful for the fans and touched,” Matt told Entertainment Tonight about the petition. “I’m looking forward to seeing the movie with Charlie and Dakota.”

Matt did give fans a little hope for some Christian Grey action, however. “We’re definitely embracing more of a bad boy version of Neal this year,” Matt said about his White Collar character.

Credit: Astraid Schwarz; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Fifty Shades of Grey, Matt Bomer

Christopher Polk/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

what a pretty good looking guy.

The most beautiful man in the world.

prettymatt @ 09/05/2013 at 12:47 pm

For God’s sake, I thought the target of this book was supposed to be for adults. But these fans are acting like teenagers with this stupid request.

@prettymatt:

I agree, it’s not that serious. Matt Bomer is a good actor but they picked Charlie for a reason they should just get over it.

MATT IS GORGEOUS @ 09/05/2013 at 12:53 pm

Gorgeous Matt and as always classy response!!!

Well I’m not that upset he wasn’t cast! He will always be Christian Grey for me and it’s better to have my own fantasies with him as Christian rather than seeing him on screen and be disappointed! So I’m actually thankful that they picked someone else.

Don'tworry @ 09/05/2013 at 1:01 pm

I thought he was gay

crazy childish wannabies @ 09/05/2013 at 1:12 pm

This is so stupid when fans act like spoiled brats and get mad and angry when things dont go their ways. Thats crazy and childish. This people should really get a life. There are way more serious problems out there, than who plays in a soft-p o r n like movie.

#8 is an idiot @ 09/05/2013 at 1:42 pm

@crazy childish wannabies:

You should get a life. People are aware there are many problems in the world and everyone does what they can to help others. That doesn’t mean we should hang ourselves and not talk about other stuff as childish as it may seem to you…your post is as stupid as you are!!!!

Perfection! Total class act, other actors take note, this is your role model right here.

@8 is an idiot You just set yourself up as an example of who @crazy_childish_wannabies is referring to….

I’d say calm down, but you’ll you’ll probably call me stupid too. That’s fine.

The fan girls need to relax. Granted he looks the part to a tee, they should be happy he had no interest in this. He was smart to steer clear of this. He is a real actor, trained in one of the best programs anywhere. 50 should be left to a less talented tier which is exactly what has happened. All is well.

@tick: IMDB is your friend…

I have never seen that man in anything. Until yesterday I didn’t even know who he was.

Always so classy you beautiful specimen.

You gotta admit this man is classy!… and for people pissed off and protesting about the casting you don’t always get what you want.

Cant wait for White Collar :D

True class act and a beautiful man!

Roberta Tatarin @ 09/05/2013 at 2:50 pm

Gorgeous and with total class! As always! Love you, Bomer!

Wrong actors = Fantasy is ruined!

I for one don’t mind but the actors should at least come close to resembling the characters in the book. EL James emphasized throughout the trilogy, mind you, how beautiful Christian and Anastasia is. Christian would turn heads where ever he goes , nonchalantly walking like he’s in his own world. Anastasia IS beautiful , with delicate features, petite, but plain jane. Guys notices her, even a college buddy was in love with her but she has such low-esteem she doesn’t see guys tripping all over themselves for her. Dakota is NOT beautiful at all even with makeup. She’s no delicate flower, heck she looks older than her age. She’s average looking nothing to fawn over at least not from the book.

I’m not going to spend $14 to sit almost 2 hrs of lack of everything. NEXT!

@Nan:

That’s why you commented? To say that? Well, I guess that really makes you stupid!

Classy man!

He’s a pretty boy but he lacks darkness. He kind of looks like Ken, the doll. I thought Christian Grey was meant to be dark and smoudlering??

He’s one of the best actors in the business aside from being the worlds hottest man. He could play any role, but thankfully showed no interest in this one.

@!!!:
Yeh, that is why I commented. I’m sorry, is that against the law? This is the section where you make comments, correct? I found it hilarious and ironic.

The whole situation is hilarious. It’s just a movie and there’s such unnecessary madness about it. Just calm down. Maybe the cast will be great.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All