Alexander Skarsgard: Returning to 'True Blood' Season 7

Alexander Skarsgard: Returning to 'True Blood' Season 7

Alexander Skarsgard keeps it casual while taking a solo stroll on Sunday (September 8) in New York City’s Tribeca district.

A few weeks ago, the 37-year-old Swedish actor did some furniture shopping at Moderica in Los Angeles.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Alexander Skarsgard

It was recently announced that Alexander will be returning to the upcoming final season of True Blood.

“I can tell you that Alexander Skarsgard is going to be a part of the next season of True Blood. He will be a series regular,” True Blood showrunner Brian Buckner shared to TVLine.

Brian added, “I’m not going to take Alex Skarsgard out of people’s living rooms.”

alexandra skarsgard returning to true blood season 7 01
alexandra skarsgard returning to true blood season 7 02
alexandra skarsgard returning to true blood season 7 03
alexandra skarsgard returning to true blood season 7 04
alexandra skarsgard returning to true blood season 7 05

Christopher Polk/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

When did two Thursdays ago become a ‘few weeks’, regarding the furniture shopping?

What a hottie?

As happy as this news makes me, shouldn’t they be a little worried about spoilers. Eric (Alexander’s character) died a true death in the last episode. Guess we now all know Eric isn’t really dead.

@Carol:I think the writers confirmed that he had not died a true death in the inside the episode that aired just after the finale. And Buckner’s been saying that Eric’s not dead during all his interviews.
So that is not a spoiler. Saying what the writers really have planned for Eric, or any other character, would be a spoiler. At this point I don’t believe anything that Buckner has to to say. I think he’s busy trying to both cover his ass from the fallout from the season finale and yet not give anything away for next season.

we already knew this … not recent news … we already knew he is contracted through season 7.

Anthony M @ 09/08/2013 at 9:19 pm

He didn’t die a true death, you only seen him go up in flames. He didn’t turn into a pile of mush and he was standing on a sheet of ice in Sweden. Basically all he has to do is jump up and then smash himself down through the ice and the fire will be put out. Far fetched for a human? Sure, not a super powered vampire though.

Obviously Pam is going to find a way to save him, since she left to look for him. She might not find him right away, but she’ll get to him eventually and might have to nurse him back to health. Perhaps the fire will melt him into the snow or something.
I think Buckner had to say something quickly because of how immediately angry loads of people were after the finale. It was horrible in so many ways, and not just because of what they did to Eric.

Damn he looks good here!! Must have gotten lots of rest on his 2 month vaycay in Sweden. Fit, I love the lighter hair and his face looks much more, I don’t know, not hung-over I guess. Very nice. Guess he’s not mourning over Boswhore’s wedding as much as the tabloids have reported.

Visiting his model & hiding her? casual stroll in NY , Crap

he is looking so handsome here, he looks great.

AS looks so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is nice to see what going home to family and friends for two months can do for a person.
I think Brian B had to say that AS was coming back, because Eric fans went crazy, that is why he made sure to even say he was coming back as a season regular.
I am sorry that True Blood is ending, but I cannot wait to see the doors that will be open to AS now, because he wont have to worry about filming around True Blood.

everythig ends @ 09/09/2013 at 1:45 pm

@mforman: I’m sorry to break your bubble but he’s never gonna be a movie star anywhere but in the imagination of his delusional fans. He’s still a pretty unknown FOREIGN actor, hardly known outside True Blood, and not even British, Aussie or Canuc who seem to be only nationalities who can make a successful film career in US. When has any East European/Scandinavian or even Asian actor (except those martial artists like Jackie Chan and Yet Li) made it big in HW? Sry but AS is stuck with indie films and supporting roles in TV series and movies. He should have left True Blood after season 4 at the latest, because now he is just one more typecasted, aging actor in Hollyweird. I feel bad for him though. He seems to be a decent bloke and a good actor, not great but very good and he could be great if he had a chance.

porquenon @ 09/09/2013 at 1:57 pm

@everythig ends:

Well, if his father’s career is any example, we have many years to look forward to seeing Alex in a wide variety of roles. Obviously you haven’t seen Disconnect, What Masie Knew or the East – three very different characters; three very different performances. As he embarks on a post-True Blood career, Alex and his “delusional fans” will be just fine. Save your pity for the Syrians.

Alex career is ok he makes doe pays his rent put food on his table clothes on his back ,
Don’t think I can say the same for his choice of GF and hookups dumb blonde pretty skinny actress or model early 20s looks come first over personality and happiness what ever floats his Swedish boat .

Love seeing him in True Blood. He was also great in What Maisie knew. I want to see The East and Disconnect. He is talented and I think his father is also a great actor. Alexander Skarsgard is so handsome.

Bjorne Larson says... @ 09/10/2013 at 12:40 am

@everythig ends: You are so on the money. I agree with your comment. This guy just doesn’t have “it”. After True Blood everything will end.

porquenon @ 09/10/2013 at 7:22 am

@Bjorne Larson says…:

Alex doesn’t have “it” and you go around posting on JJ using one of his closest friend’s names like an obsessed fan girl scorned. Alex doesn’t have “it”? Get a life – something Alex obviously has which you don’t.

Bjorne Larson says... @ 09/10/2013 at 12:54 pm

@porquenon: AWWWW, Did I hurt your feelings with my comment?! You got up sooo early in the morning just to talk to me?! But I wasn’t even talking to you. Maybe it would be best if you listen to your own advice. Silly little person.

We arrived in Malibu at a beautiful horse ranch, owned by Inge’s friend Klaus. It was at this ranch we met for the first time the newest, and final, addition to WWTW Team US; actor Alexander Skarsgard.
What a great complement to our team! I am even more confident that we have a winning combination now….That morning we all sat for breakfast and then embarked on a four hour hike up some California switchbacks. Alex immediately connected with each and every member on the team during the hike… On our way back, we accidently trespassed onto Klaus’ neighbor’s property. He seemed a bit upset… we did our best to reason with him, but got nowhere… so Mark threw out the typical excuse… ”The blind guy was leading the hike!” Blame it on the blind guy. I always have to take the fall, however, if I’m honest, I never did like those no trespassing signs…
It must have worked, as we managed to leave the property unscathed!!! However, no shortcuts for Team US….
In closing, I believe the US team is shaping up nicely! We are dynamic. We all bring certain strength that makes it quite unique.
Now that we have Alex to complete our team I am confident we are on our way. Alex is genuine, easy to talk to, and displayed his willingness to be a team player. He’s not afraid to get his hands dirty and was eager to train in order to be an asset… and an asset he will be as he is in excellent physical condition!

porquenon @ 09/10/2013 at 1:21 pm

@Bjorne Larson says…:

In the immortal words of PeeWee Herman, “I know you are but what am I?”

porquenon @ 09/10/2013 at 1:22 pm

@ladybug:

This charity trek is going to be fun to follow!

@ladybug:
” and an asset he will be as he is in excellent physical condition!” Ha! We all knew that part, didn’t we? That’s great though, it seems like an interesting thing to take part in. Plus we get yet another story of how nice and easy going he is!

@porquenon: Yep, and there’ll be a documentary as well:

“In addition to the two-part series for ITV, Twofour has signed a deal with NBC to produce a special for US broadcasting. Alongside highlights from the ITV series, the US film will include exclusively shot material of the US team. ”

Bjorne Larson says... @ 09/10/2013 at 11:24 pm

@porquenon: You are a Silly Little Person

porquenon @ 09/11/2013 at 6:50 am

@Bjorne Larson says…:

Cue the theme to PeeWee’s Playhouse.

“I know you are but what am I?”

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All