Miley Cyrus: 'I'm an Adult & I'm Acting Like a Kid'

Miley Cyrus: 'I'm an Adult & I'm Acting Like a Kid'

Miley Cyrus looks elegant on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar‘s October 2013 issue, on newsstands September 24.

Here is what the 20-year-old entertainer had to share with the mag:

On growing up in the spotlight: “I was an adult when I was supposed to be a kid. So now I’m an adult and I’m acting like a kid.”

On having a famous father: “My parents always had money, and I’ve always been around this industry, so I didn’t have my mind blown or become obsessed with being famous.”

On her style: “I feel like every girl is trying to have a beauty shot and prove that they’re ‘fashion.’ But I can be in white leggings and a white sports bra and I’m on a whole other level of shit that those girls don’t even get yet because they don’t know how to do it.”

On her haircut: “It changed everyone else’s life more than it changed mine.”

FYI: Miley wears a Burberry Prorsum dress on the cover and inside she showcases a dress by Saint Laurent by Hedi Slimane.

For more from Miley, visit HarpersBazaar.com!

miley cyrus im an adult im acting like a kid 01
miley cyrus im an adult im acting like a kid 02

Christopher Polk/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

she is and “adult”? hahahahahaha

she is an “adult”? hahahahahaha

lolercoaster @ 09/16/2013 at 10:49 am

Is this real life?

Arrogant self-absorbed little twit.

Now this is how she should look, elegant not trashy.

lolercoaster @ 09/16/2013 at 10:56 am

Is this real life?

I think this is very telling about child stars and how they act out when they finally become adults. I think the real problem lies within bad parenting. Look at Joseph Gordon Levitt and Natalie Portman. Their transition from child to adults seemed smooth and seamless; maybe they had more supportive parents? Her situation reeks of Britney Spears during her “I’m a Slave 4 U phase.”

“I can be in white leggings and a white sports bra and I’m on a whole other level of **** that those girls don’t even get yet because they don’t know how to do it.”

She is delusional, privileged, and conceited too. This girl have some nerve. She really needs to get over herself.

And by the way, we don’t need to be reminded that you always had money.

Natasha (Nataliya) Stasyi @ 09/16/2013 at 11:02 am

Well, there’s some sense in her words, but I think it’s more abt the way she’s “seen” in ppl’s eyes. I can’t say it surely, but she’s not “well mature”, coz I still thinkin, that she keeps copyin Rihanna’s style. I like her, but there’s too much this “red thing” (her lips, nails). & this hair a la curly Marilyn Monroe plus used 2 be “white” Rihanna. If this what maturity means 4 Miley, ok. But even I have 2 admit, that she’s copyin (some think she copyin Gven Stefani, but idk, coz I was very young when in Gven’s era, but I think it all abt Rihanna in Miley’s image, coz Miley as young as Rihanna, so that’s the parallel. I’m also quite young, that’s why I compare Mile 2 Rihanna).

Love The Shoes @ 09/16/2013 at 11:06 am

My my, I had no idea how full of herself she was. She really thinks she’s all that and a twerk.

Love The Shoes @ 09/16/2013 at 11:07 am

@belle: Ditto to every word you said. I never was a fan but now there’s even less chance of me becoming one.

wow…she really is beyond full of her self..thinks she is better than everybody…the crash will hurt Miley..

get ur life….all that upbringing could pay for class

Media Wh@re MANiston @ 09/16/2013 at 11:13 am

“She didn’t become obsessed with being famous.”

She is obsess now.

soho grande @ 09/16/2013 at 11:13 am

Tsk, tsk, this girl is just full of herself…completely self-absorbed and immature. Seriously honey, no one’s life changed as a result of your haircut. Please get over yourself. In the big picture and in the real world, you’re just not that important. You are an entertainer and a mediocre one at that. It’s not like you are a political figure or someone who is educated who makes public policy.

Love The Shoes @ 09/16/2013 at 11:15 am

@Alaia: Don’t forget Scarlett J. She’s always been pretty down to earth and the Fanning sisters. I think the telltale of it all is talent. Think about it. The more talented ones are the ones who aren’t trying to convince us they are. I do give exception (to a point) to Lindsey Lohan. I think if she keeps her act together she’ll prove she is talented and not forever a messed up grown-child.

She’s full of $hit. Nothing she does is new or inventive. She’s just doing anything she can think of to get attention. She’s not too deep for people to understand, she’s just shallow disguising itself as deep. Tell me one person whose life was changed by her haircut? Delusional? Absolutely.

Enough with this dumb delusional girl please! Everything she does now is a lie, nothing true about her, she just plays a role to sell her new crappy album. Good Disney girl gone bad, really shocking like we haven´t seen anything like that before. And talking fashion and style with her is irrelevant, since she is just trashy. Stop giving her so much space!

I liked her comment about her hair … the commenters here obviously didn’t understand what she was saying … she wasn’t suggesting it was a life altering experience for anyone … she was saying they cared about it more than she did. i think humans are deevolving in part because humor that we would have understood 10 years ago is too complex to grasp for people today … she was exagerating to make it funny, not saying your life was changed by her hairstyle.

No one can pull off a white sports bra white tights but MIley sure can. She knows how to do it. Hahahahahahhahaha…. How embarrassing for her. She needs to stay quite for a few months…Take a nice long vacay….

Didn’t she once say she felt like the real Miley soon after her cut? She did. So yes, it did change her more than it change everyone else.

@eternalozzie….No one in here is talking about that answer. They’re talking about the other answers she gave which make her sound very full of herself and immature

@Sara:

She looks stunning – gorgeous!

I just don’t get the reason people never cut this girl a break. So what – she “shocked” everyone by her MTV performance – MTV VMA’s are always shocking. I give her credit for “reinventing” her music career after the last album & the way her former label did not promote it. When you are this young & in the entertainment businesss you want to remain in it & relevant – Well she is all anyone is talking about & her music is breaking records for her – good for her. If it was good enough for Britney & Madona when they were younger, why not Miley – she’s almost 21 not 15 like Brooke Shields when she posed nude on Rolling Stone magazine.

someone should really tell miley that her fashion sense is terrible

Dumb and superficial @ 09/16/2013 at 12:02 pm

Miley is ugly, inside and outside!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All