'Scandal' Recap: Season 3 Premiere 2013 - Shocking Moments!
SPOILER ALERT: DO NOT CONTINUE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!
We can always depend on Scandal to shock us with every single episode and the third season premiere that aired this evening was no different!
When we left off at the end of season two, Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) had her name leaked to the press as being the woman President Grant (Tony Goldwyn) had an affair with. We then saw her get into a car and go face to face with her father, who we hadn’t previously met before that.
Click inside to find out what happened on the Scandal season premiere…
Scandal Season 3 Premiere Recap/Highlights
- The episode starts right where the previous season left off and Olivia is in the car with her father. He brings her to an airport and tries to get her on an airplane to fly away to an undisclosed location. After chatting with the president’s chief of staff Cyrus Beane, she decides she is not going away and is going to face her dilemma head on.
- President Fitzgerald Grant admits to the Vice President that he slept with a woman that was not his wife.
- Olivia goes back to work and finds out that all of her clients have dropped her after news spread that she had an affair with the president.
- Cyrus and his staff, including communications aide Jeannine Locke, make a “kill folder” on Olivia trying to dig up her past to try and figure out their next move after more evidence leaks that suggest she and the president had an affair.
- Olivia meets in private with both Fitz and Mellie. They decide that they are going to go public with the affair and be honest with the people. Mellie is not happy with this idea since what happened was not a “fairytale.” Olivia asks Mellie how many times she would like for them to say Olivia and the President slept together. She says two.
- New reports come out suggesting that aide Jeannine Locke is the real woman that the president had an affair with and we find out that Olivia Pope’s associates are the ones who concocted the new allegations.
- Mellie confronts Fitz and says she knows he is the one who initially leaked Olivia’s name to the press. He admits to being the source of the leak, but says he only did it to “free” Olivia from Mellie’s arsenal and being at her mercy.
- Olivia has decided to take on Jeannine Locke as a client.
- Cyrus goes home and finds Charlie the assassin in his bedroom. He is taken to meet up with Olivia’s father where he is shown a classified document of the mission in Iran that involved Fitz and Jake Ballard.