Sinead O'Connor Blasts Miley Cyrus in Second Open Letter

Sinead O'Connor Blasts Miley Cyrus in Second Open Letter

Sinead O’Connor has added more fuel to the fire in her new feud with Miley Cyrus with a second open letter blasting the “Wrecking Ball” singer.

Miley… Really? Who the f–k is advising you?” the 46-year-old artist wrote on her Facebook account in her new message. “Because taking me on is even more f–kin’ stupid than behaving like a prostitute and calling it feminism.”

“You have posted today tweets of mine which are two years old, which were posted by me when I was unwell and seeking help so as to make them look like they are recent,” Sinead added. “In doing so you mock myself and Amanda Bynes for having suffered with mental health issues and for having sought help.”

Sinead originally sent an open letter to Miley to warn her against “being prostituted” by the music industry.

Click inside to check out the complete open letter from Sinead O’Connor

ANOTHER OPEN LETTER TO MILEY CYRUS

Miley… Really? Who the fuck is advising you? Because taking me on is even more fuckin’ stupid than behaving like a prostitute and calling it feminism. You have posted today tweets of mine which are two years old, which were posted by me when I was unwell and seeking help so as to make them look like they are recent. In doing so you mock myself and Amanda Bynes for having suffered with mental health issues and for having sought help.

I mean really really… who advises you? have you any idea how stupid and dangerous it is to mock people for suffering illness? You will yourself one day suffer such illness, that is without doubt. The course you have set yourself upon can only end in that, trust me.

I am staggered that any 20 yr old woman of the 21st century could behave in such a dangerous and irresponsible manner as to not only send the signal to young women that its ok to act like prostitutes but also to the signal that those who have suffered or do suffer mental health problems are to be mocked and have their opinions invalidated. Have you no sense of danger at all? or responsibility? Remove your tweets immediately or you will hear from my lawyers. I am certain you will be hearing from all manner of mental health advocacy groups also. It is not acceptable to mock any person for having suffered.

It is most unbecoming of you to respond in such a fashion to someone who expressed care for you. And worse that you are such an anti-female tool of the anti-female music industry. I hope that you will apologise to Amanda Bynes and to any person who has been wounded by your mockery of those who have suffered. And I hope that you will wake up and understand that you in fact are a danger to women.

Furthermore you posted a photo of me tearing the pope’s photo .. as if to imply insanity.. by doing so all you have achieved is to expose your staggering ignorance. I suggest you read The Philadelphia Report, The Boston Report, all the reports which will illuminate for you why that action of mine remains sane and valid. By mocking it you mock every child who suffered sexual abuse at the hands of priests and had it covered by the Vatican. You could really do with educating yourself, that is if you’re not too busy getting your tits out to read.

Credit: Jason Merritt, Frazer Harrison; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Miley Cyrus, Sinead O'Connor

Frazer Harrison/Getty

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All

Miley is an ignorant little brat, make fun of mental disease just proves how low she really is

Dear Ms Sinhead, I AM is the one who is advising Ms Sire Us. Not every women out there is a Marxist feminist wanna be Catholic Madonna figure. Especially the younger, more good looking ones.

Wow wow wow! You are one nasty individual who should not be on this site let alone anywhere near anybody else. Go back in your own hole little creep!

Sinead is correct! And those saying there is a double standard. There is not. Justin Bieber is called a stupid, idiotic, manwhore child by many. Go Sinead. “****” aside, Miley mocked mental illness and she needs to own up to her actions. Take away the comments on Miley’s dress but there is no excuse for her making fun of people who suffer.

I’m not a Miley’s fan, but this lady is acting like a 13 year old. The girl is overage; she can do whatever she wants and behave like she wants. I’m sick of people blaming her for being a “bad role model” to her younger fans. As far as I know, she is not responsible for racing other people’s children.
Why is she behaving like a prostitute? Is she selling having sex for payment?
I’m not defending her behavior by any means. I find her behavior grotesque, but that’s her business. I don’t see the damage she is doing to anyone by posing naked and taking out her tong. If you don’t like her, then ignore her. That simple.

People need to read sinead’s first letter she has valid points. The music industry likes to exploit women this is so true and I’m all for expressing oneself sexually only in this case it looks so marketed and not true to herself….this is not feminism..is is obviously the work of her marketing team …and comparing sinead o’connor with Amanda bynes is so ignorant
#TEAMSINEAD

Dirk_Reese-Fan @ 10/03/2013 at 7:59 pm

Sinead O´Connor made GREAT MUSIC in the past. Congrats!
But nowadays she looks like an old buddhistic monk. She should go to a monastery instead of speaking like a priest to Miley. In fact, Sinead never liked to show her body the way Miley does it – this IS the difference:
Sinead IS NOT Miley !! Or: Miley IS NOT Sinead !! They have 2 different personalities !
***
Miley knows exactly what she´s doing ! I think she likes to show her body.
As long as this is her intention, then everything is alright. And the second intention is, that she wants to get a SUPERSTAR-POP-QUEEN like Madonna or Rihanna. Finally she has 2 intentions, that follow the same direction.
Conclusion:
That has nothing to do whith being prostituted by the industry !!! Of course, as long as Miley will not change her intentions !!!! Only in case if Miley could change her intention in some years, then she could get trouble with the industry. Well, in this case Sinead would be right.
***
Finally I respect both of them. Respect to Sinead, respect to Miley !
Peace !!

Miley can’t say she is an adult and can make her own decisions about her life then react to that letter by making fun of mental illness. Stupid girl does not understand some of her friends maybe mentally ill and won’t go for help because Miley made fun of it.
She is just another spoiled brat. Who needs an education.

Sinead is engaging in ****-shaming and calling it feminism.

Brazilian girl @ 10/03/2013 at 8:05 pm

Go Sinead !!!!!!!!

who the f is this ****** and why is she clinging on miley’s fame?

Damn. She went in.

Miley young and she know that in this business sex sells. Every video I watch of these female artist they in their bra and panties or completely naked. Miley doing all this to break away from her Hannah Montana image the media still has of her. It’s okay to break away from your previous image the best way you can. She isn’t “crazy” but sinead is saying that all this is going to backfire and she will suffer a break down. Maybe she will maybe she won’t only time will tell.

@boooom: wow. Telling someone to die. You have no life at all.

The heading is misleading. She’s not BLASTING Miley. She’s merely giving her advice based on experience. Of course, Miley can’t be stopped and gave a childish response. Sinead hasn’t been the first person who’s weighed in or offered an opinion. She’s just the first person to explain WHY her opinion is what it is. In other words, she’s giving CONSTRUCTIVE advice. We’re giving our opinions in an open format, why should it be a problem for Sinead.
I don’t think her advice is good just for Miley, but for any female who thinks she has to do such things to compete. Let your talent be your voice or your art, whatever it may be. You don’t see guys getting naked at every drop of the hat because it’s ‘art’.
For the record, I have no problem with nudity in context of a project, but in Miley case, it’s only to shock, to draw attention, not to enhance the product.

MarcoGoLow @ 10/03/2013 at 8:42 pm

@Jenny: Your comment is so on the money i will have to repost it, finally some sense is distributed , amen !

MarcoGoLow @ 10/03/2013 at 8:45 pm

@soy: bc someone needs to stand up and let her know how stupid she is behaving and how her cheap ignorant, hillbilly mentality is sending a bad bad message out to young women, O M G can it be any more obvious ?

Dam* Miley just got her as$ handed to her!

@joelle: I agree with pretty much everything you say. But, some men do get naked for ‘art’. Take Ewan McGregor for example- he has done full frontal nudity in at least 5 of his movies (thank goodness, lol)
But in all seriousness, nudity should not be as offensive as it is considered by lots of people. The only thing I disagree with in Sinead’s letter is where she says your body should be for you and your boyfriend only. That’s pretty closed minded. People should be able to show a nude body to the public without being attacked or shamed (male or female.) I think the offensive thing about Miley is her ignorance and her horrible, disrespectful attitude. But I think you do agree with that too, from what you said in your post.

WHAT THE F....K @ 10/03/2013 at 9:05 pm

@Shut up:

But Bieber is also a *****!

Passing Through @ 10/03/2013 at 9:05 pm

I rarely ever post on other threads here…but…you tell her, Sinead! On the other hand, did you really expect a thoughtful reply from a 20 year-old kid who used to getting her way? And also…could you have a talk with RiRi as well? I think she and Miley ar having a Who Can Act Like the Bigger Ho Compettion…

Miley you should feel Blessed that someone cares. What’s obvious is that that people around you don’t care about you and that you you don’t care about yourself or anyone else. When that numb feeling wears off I hope you have the support around you to deal with what comes next because you’ll need it…

oops, my bad I should have read the letter. I thought this was her original post. In any event Right On! Sinead. lol
Oh, hell, I’m reading so much Miley stuff I can’t keep up with it. Time to take a break lmao.

Dirk_Reese-Fan @ 10/03/2013 at 9:39 pm

@Drake:
I absolute agree !

I must say that as harash as SInead comments were there were true and we all know the truth hurts.
To Milly I am so sorry you had poor role models in your life. Is this the way your mother and father raised you?
I also want you to know that once I read all of this I asked my three boys and 6 of there friends from ages 16- 23 what they thought of you. Altough they think your music is ok -they don’t listen or watch you because they…well…they think you are ******. You were at one time a very active young woman but now not so much.
Please seek treatment for you mental illness. I understand you think that bad attention is better than no attention- and I am sure you are in pain – but please listen to what people are trying to tell you. Again i understand you didn’t have any postive role models in your life but there are professional out there that can help you. And I hope your parents see this…SHAME ON YOU- This is a reflection on your poor parenting of your children.

There both immature, Sinead should have just mind her own business. Sinead says Miley is a 20 year old “women” since shes a women shes capable of knowing whats right and wrong. So Sinead live and let live. As for Miley throwing low blows when someone is clearly trying to help you is very disrespectful and unnecessary. They should just drop it.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All