Miley Cyrus: I'll Stop Being Sexual When I Turn 40

Miley Cyrus: I'll Stop Being Sexual When I Turn 40

Miley Cyrus sits down for her interview with Matt Lauer during her appearance on The Today Show on Monday (October 7) in New York City.

The 20-year-old entertainer was asked if she will stop being sexual in her act at some point.

“Well I heard when you turn 40 things start to go a little less sexual,” Miley said. “So probably around 40. Around that time. I heard that’s when people don’t have sex anymore so I guess maybe around then.”

Miley was also asked about her ongoing feud with Sinead O’Connor.

“If you want to know my thoughts, I think she’s an incredible artist,” Miley said. “I think she’s an awesome songwriter and I was really inspired by her for my ‘Wrecking Ball’ video, which is what started the whole thing. I don’t know how someone can start a fight with somebody that’s saying ‘Hey I really respect you. And I really love what you did.’ ‘You know what? You suck and I don’t like you.’ That was kind of crazy, but like I said, I’m a big fan of hers, so it doesn’t really matter.”

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Miley Cyrus’ responses during her interview?

Miley Cyrus – “Today Show” Interview

Mike Coppola/Getty
  • Rihanna reunites with her ex-boyfriend Drake in NYC- US Weekly
  • Jackie Chan is ashamed of his son after weed bust in China- TMZ
  • Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson rocky romance rumors completely false- Gossip Cop
  • Ariana Grande streams four new songs from her upcoming album- Just Jared Jr
  • Sin City co-director Frank Miller remembers Brittany Murphy- Huffington Post
  • Johnny Depp's daughter Lily Rose is heading to the big screen- Lainey Gossip
  • Selena Gomez kills the fashion game yet again- Hollywood Tuna

oh wow, she’s stupid.

She never actually graduated from High School, which may explain why she is as dumb as she is.

PLEASE STOP @ 10/07/2013 at 10:07 am

This shows you just how stupid and immature and silly and ridiculous you sound trying to sound grown up.
Please stop.

Except Sinead wasn’t saying “You Suck and I hate You”. She was warning you the that music industry is a cruel place. Also, I’m pretty sure Madonna would have something to say about not having sex past 40.

She sounds retarded. Seriously. You can have all the money in the world but still money can’t buy you a brain.

You admire her so much that you made fun of her mental problems…you are so smart Miley

Not only does she sound really dumb and ignorant but also so so arrogant

I wonder if Billy is saying now “That’s my girl up there and I’ve never been prouder”? This twat needs help, not more exposure.

Oh honey, no one wants to see you naked. EVER.

We need a recall

What? YOu mean ppl have sex after 40???

Popular for all the wrong reasons. Which is more ridiculous…the fact that she has to take her clothes off to sell music, or that it’s so easy to sell music by taking your clothes off?

If this doesn’t scream that Miley’s never had constructive criticism I don’t know what does.

Sinead’s first open letter was not “starting a fight”. It was in Miley’s mind because she’s a ungrateful conceited brat.

Miley YOU made it into a fight.

Jared has become a page view wh*re since Miley went slvtty. He’s addicted to the comments she draws, so he posts miley like a freaking maniac. Boycott this attentionwhore.

Yeah, no one over 40 years old never has sex. *laughs*

She’s not stupid! She didn’t say anything bad about Sinead O’ Connor. She said she is an amazing artist and looked up to her. How is that stupid? I like this interview. Matt was sure grilling her with those questions and I think she handled it well! She didn’t bad mouth Sinead at all!

Typical hillbilly behavior. Actually that is an insult to hillbillies. Sorry.

When did Justin Bieber get a sex change?

Nobody is stopping her to be sexual but she should keep that in her bed room because being sexual doesn’t mean to be Vulgar. She’s not attracting boys by doing that she’s actually driving them away in throves as attested by her ex fiancee.

What an a$$!

Soap On A Rope @ 10/07/2013 at 11:08 am

@Marianne:

@Mari anne: My thoughts also.

siennagold @ 10/07/2013 at 11:15 am

He ideas about sex are very limited.

She didn’t even apologise for mocking her mental illness.

Mileyisaloser! @ 10/07/2013 at 11:22 am

Miley’s mom is over 40 and she is still a $lut, didn’t she banged bret michaels!

when are you going to start

Well, I would say, “Let’s check in with Miley when she’s 40 and see if her beliefs on sexuality beyond 40 still stands” but since she’ll probably have O.D.’d some 15 years before that, I guess it’s a moot point.

Sure, you respect her. That’s why you made fun of her mental illness. Matt Lauer is a coward for not calling her on it.

Sinead is totally right: This young woman is going to fall and fall hard and deep. But the question is really: Who in the world advises Miley to be such an idiot? Every artist has a manager. And to talk about people over 40 that way is even more insulting to Sinead, Madonna, me and ALL people in the world who are over 40 than her behavior generally. What is this creature thinking? Where does she really live? She is far from even being a woman yet! I really don’t want to see her stupid face anymore. I mean – stretching out her tongue all the time? Yikes. From now on, any site where she shows I’m gonna leave quickly.

Actually, I’d like to add – from that kind of over-the-top-behavior, I’d like to bet that Miley is actually a virgin (in spite of “dating” Liam!) and she is deadscared for anyone to find out. It’s a typical over-doing the contrary – which usually points in the right direction if you do turn it around. She has no idea about being sexual. What she does is PLAYING sexual.

@Mary: I don’t think he needed to. Her answers alone give people a big impression. Apparently, people past 40 don’t have sex and people who give me some advice/criticism from an empathetic place are people who start fights.

Forgive her, Lord, she doesnt know what she says and does….

Bama Belle @ 10/07/2013 at 4:35 pm

Isn’t there suppose to be someone advising this girl? All of these radical things that she’s doing are cries for help. Hope someone is taking all this seriously.

God she’s dumb.

I think this was her moronic way of poking at the age demographic she feels is most critical of her. It’s a win/win for her in her teeny brain. She gets to make yet another inflammatory statement and garner more press, and give a ‘Nonny, Nonny, Boo-Boo’ to all the meanies out there who just don’t ‘get’ how grown up she is.
Sadly, she doesn’t realize that her true talent lies in nauseating people from all age ranges, races, socio-economic status, etc.
She’s truly an equal opportunity offender.

Nightwish @ 10/08/2013 at 9:08 am

@Diedre: I think her people came up with a diabolical attention grabbing masterplan and are unfortunately executing it well. First step was to release a catchy degenerate song that offends most everyone. Then, get even more offensive at the vma’s. Proceeding on, push the limits in print, then, parody yourself and if all else fails, admit you have a problem and appeal to everyones sympathy. Its a sickening game plan. Its nauseating how its working out so well.

Billy Ray @ 10/08/2013 at 9:25 am

Poor Billy Ray, a **** for a wife and a **** for a daughter.

Gawd she’s stupid – what does she know about being 40? Yah Miley, check back with us on your sexuality when you’re 40. Your sexuality is a public event….you must be pretty dull without an audience huh?

I’ve never seen so much hype about nothing. She’s just not that great or interesting. Everything she says and does is to shock…it’s getting old fast. She needs to learn to shut it up, get some class, be more alluring and less lewd. After Madonna and GaGa, we’re done with lewd.

Isabella Vanilla @ 10/08/2013 at 10:34 am

What a train wreck she is! And an ageist beetch. Karma has a great memory, Miley. What goes around does indeed come around.

She doesn’t think before she speaks and she doesn’t think before she acts. Her attitude is simply diabolical. All knee-jerk. Or is that knee-twerk? Twerp. God forbid we have to all go through post-breakdown, rehabilitation aka Lohan, Spears et al.

Her nervously shaking legs during this interview speaks volumes. She is on edge.

Oh wow. What a retarded comment from a woman who knows s*** of the feminist thought Sinead introduced to her in her open letter. She does not get it.

Mary’s comment is ace.

Dave Franco @ 10/08/2013 at 1:37 pm

She basically admitted that she is doing this for attention; what’s sad is that she has to go to this length to do it. Sexual exploitation is never good — it’s disgusting. She is selling but this whole act will backfire.

By the time she turns 40, she will probably have already slept with everybody by then anyway. Or she’ll have about 20 kids from 18 baby daddys. Or she’ll have so many sexually transmitted diseases that no one will WANT to have sex with her. She’s disgusting and she sets such a bad example. She obviously doesn’t have any faith in her own talents — if you can sing, then do it. You don’t have to be half naked and rubbing your junk all over everybody to have talent. I’m, quite frankly, sick of seeing her stupidity and hearing about her every day. We’ve got bigger concerns people!

A truly world-class twit

@Nightwish: I absolutely agree.

What makes her think she is going to still be famous 20 years from now? Even at 20 she doesn’t have a body to compare with famous singers twice her age like Jennifer Lopez. Nobody wants to see her butt and tongue hanging out even today.

Am thinking that Sinead is the one that needs to grow up a bit, and respect that other people are allowed their own views. Think that some of the comments on here are a bit immature as well.

Cheap Slut @ 10/08/2013 at 4:26 pm

This ****** is so incredibly stupid it’s unbelievable,OMG!!! No one over 40 has sex?? Someone needs to slap her back into reality. Just slap her whole entire face, HARD.

And she’s saying that Sinead O’Connor hates her? That’s not even what Sinead was saying at all………. God girl, get a clue, This girl is dumber than a box of rocks, I cannot believe it. Does anyone know if she’s borderline mentally retarded? I’m thinking she has to be…..

Haha boyz @ 10/08/2013 at 4:34 pm

As a woman in my early 40s, I started joking around with men years ago that the shelf life of a ***** is probably 40. Nothing is more fun than getting proven wrong ::P Miley Cyrus at 20 years old is just starting out. She should spend more time getting to know her own moral code before publicly promoting herself as a dope smoking cheebah monkey that humps teddy bears. It would suit her well to try a less sexual, more talented route. Society survived Elvis swiveling hips, Madonna’s burning cross, oil can boobies, girl on girl kisses, Lady Gaga’s meat dress, the Allejandro video and the explicit Blurred Lines video. I think to really blaze a trail that would sexually or morally shock the “non sexual” generation you’d have to performing live, naked, while a back up dancer pees on you. It’s how Kim Kardashian gained fame. You have the benefit of talent which she lacks, so how about just relying on that?

I really hope no one buys what this girl says, she so full of BS its coming out of her ass.

I don’t think anyone said to stop being s exual, we’re all s exual beings. She’s the one who said her raunchy VMA performance wasn’t s exual. I think what people are saying was stop being whorish and trashy and a tool, that’s not the same thing. Sinead didn’t say that she liked what Miley did as Miley stated in that interview, but she did say Miley had a lot of talent.
Her statement about 40 being the end of s exuality shows how stupid she is. I know Lauer loved it when she said he was definitely not s exual. That just might be how she sees her parents, but that was a mean thing for her to say to him. I think she seriously needs to get an education because she says the dumbest nonsensical things.
She’s not smart when it comes to life in general and certainly isn’t blazing any new trails. All she’s doing is what people have done before her, but claiming it as fresh. She spends all her time talking about her behavior and getting attention rather than her music. We’ve all seen her naked, what else does she have?

@Miley: “What? YOu mean ppl have sex after 40???”

Well her mom does, with anyone who will have her.

Wonder what she has to say about women like Halle Berry, Sofia Vergara, Catherine Zeta Jones, Charlize Theron ,Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Anisiton, Aishwarya Rai, Cate Blanchett etc. Those women are all 40+ or close to being 40 and they are smoking hot and probably get it more then she will in her lifetime. She is ugly and untalented. She even drove away her own boyfriend. She sould be lucky to look half as good as them when she hits 40.
Sinead O’Conner never attacked her. She basically wrote to be careful in the music industry. Why didn’t Matt Laurner or whatever bring up how Miley bashed Amanda Bynes and Sinead O Conners mental illness? Why is everyone licking this retards ass?

You fools hate Miley so much but you keep following her. Follow someone you love. Get a life.

Soap On A Rope @ 10/09/2013 at 7:42 am

I think Miley would do well working at GitMo military base in Cuba. If the prisoners were forced to watch her perform over and over again, they would soon spill their guts revealing secrets. It sure beats waterboarding, and she would be able to work on her tan while she was there.

D. Hendricks @ 10/09/2013 at 5:10 pm

Oh sweetie, you will be dead LOOOOONNGG before you are 40. And you know what? You will have missed what could have been the best years of your life. I’m a guy and I can tell you that a 40 year old woman is sexually mature, ripe and sexy as heck. At 20 all you know about sex is how to open your [whatever] and wiggle & moan. Skinny little girls are NOT sexy.

CougarOver40 @ 10/12/2013 at 6:05 am

Oh Miley, you’re so misinformed! Woman actually start their sexual peak at 40! It’s the 40 and over men that get less sexual! That’s exactly why we have to take all the younger hot guys away from you little girls! Lol!

Isn’t it cute? A 20 year old girl who says/thinks sex stops at 40. Aha! At 40, my sex life hit its’ peak and at 58 (very fit like Christie Brinkley) it’s still going strong. In my 40′s I couldn’t get enough sex 3x(day) with my lover back then. That’s why women in their 40′s/50′s are called Cougars. Yep, ignorance is bliss. Someone please interview her in her 40′s.That’s why her mother had an extra marital affair in her 40′s because of no sex drive…NOT! You’ve got so much to learn little girl so I would hush about sex, you haven’t experienced the best sex of your life yet.

Yeah that’s why they refer to women in their 40′s/50′s as Cougars ’cause their sex drive is dead…NOT! Aha! She shows her ignorance and youth every time she talks about sex. What a joke! In my 40′s I had sex at least 3x a day with my former lover and it was the best ever! I couldn’t get enough. At 58(fit like Christie Brinkley) I still have sex 4-5x a week. Little girl is that why your mother had an extra marital affair in her 40′s cause she lost her sex drive. Silence Miley! You stick your foot in it every time you open your mouth. People who TALK about sex aren’t actually getting any.