Brad Pitt Talks '12 Years a Slave' & Turning 50 on 'Today'

Brad Pitt Talks '12 Years a Slave' & Turning 50 on 'Today'

Brad Pitt recently sat down for an interview with NBC’s Ann Curry to discuss a variety of topics, which will air tomorrow (October 16) on the Today show.

Here’s a sneak peek of what you can expect from the 49-year-old actor’s interview:

On his new movie 12 Years a Slave:
“It’s why I got into film in the first place. It’s one of those few films that cuts to the base of our humanity.”

On if he would show his kids the movie: “Now- maybe my eldest I would, right now. I’d rather for the others to get a little bit older and understand the dynamics of the world a little more.”

On turning 50-years-old soon:
“So far I haven’t minded a bit. So I have no complaints. I– I don’t know. We’ll see when I get a little clo– I’m busy right now so I haven’t thought about it.”

For more from Brad, be sure to tune into the Today show tomorrow!

Valerie Macon/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 711 » Show All
Media Wh@re MANiston @ 10/15/2013 at 10:15 am

Looking mighty fine for a 50 year old. You are still hawwwwwttttt!!!!

Jolies copy @ 10/15/2013 at 10:19 am

(Photo: Richard Foreman/Courtesy of Roadside Attractions)

In his late seventies, Robert Redford has never held the camera as magnificently as he does in the survival-at-sea thriller All Is Lost, and it’s not just because he’s the only person in the movie. It’s because solitude is his natural state. He plays an unnamed man forced to solve a series of increasingly urgent problems when a discarded shipping container in the middle of the Indian Ocean rips a hole in his yacht. Redford doesn’t yammer like Sandra Bullock in this month’s other drifting-toward-doom picture, Gravity. Apart from a farewell letter (read in voice-over) in the prologue, he doesn’t utter a syllable until the last twenty minutes or so. But Redford is one of the few actors who can think convincingly onscreen, and the film is designed so that his thinking is the whole show. You watch his eyes flick back and forth as he takes the measure of the space, ties knots, drops sails, and plots charts. You marvel at his equilibrium. And then you see how, as his prospects darken, his sense of mastery—his supreme self-containment—erodes, how emotion finally rises to the surface. For once, Redford stops thinking.

See Also
Redford on Going Solo

As he proved in his debut, Margin Call, writer-director J. C. Chandor has a penchant for brainy, procedural disaster pictures. Few of those make the imaginative leaps of great art, but they can be enormously satisfying—and, when they’re in sync with a star’s personality, penetrating. Redford looks craggy and weathered, but that’s been true since he started spending most of his time at 12,000-plus feet above sea level on the slopes. In the ways that matter, he looks younger onscreen than he has in a quarter-century.

Full engagement will do that for an actor—and the sad truth is that Redford is rarely engaged by other actors. He did gaze with love on Paul Newman, and, in The Way We Were, that force of Jewish nature Barbra Streisand managed to rock his Waspy reticence like the storm surge does in All Is Lost. But in most other films, he looks as if he’s edging for the exit, which is why he was such a nonstarter as Jay Gatsby: He couldn’t project a longing for the woman who’d complete him. Here, it’s that sense of self-sufficiency that will be tested—maybe unto death.

All Is Lost is a parable, and Chandor pushes it too far with the man’s last ­decision: The timing is bizarre and the framing too self-consciously mythical. But everything else goes swimmingly. All Is Lost can be classified as yet another piece of Motion-­Sickness Cinema, but for once the style is integral. The camera rocks with the creaks, cracks, and other sounds of encroaching disequilibrium, while an actor in his element anchors your gaze—and gives the ­performance of his life.

Age 50 isn’t bad if you are attractive and physically healthy. That’s Brad Pitt. He probably won’t start really “feeling it” until age 60. Good health is really key.

Does Brad ever take a bad picture?!

Thx jj for the new thread.

I can’t wait to see 12 Years a Slave.

Looking good.

Brad, I hope you continue to age gracefully. You managed to keep your dignity despite being one of the most photographed people on the planet.

Someone needs to tell this man that he is still the sexiest mofo on this planet no matter what age. I am still staring at that Fury-movie photo of him sitting on top of a tank, because damn … that’s hotness overload.

Connie Falconeri @ 10/15/2013 at 10:50 am

Looking good.

Brad is always gorgeous.

groundcontrol @ 10/15/2013 at 11:00 am

Fifty is a great age especially if you look like Brad and have a full life.
I always thought Redford was sexy as hell. He was never considered a great or even particularly good actor. He was considered a lightweight and a pretty face. I seem to remember – because I was there – that people started to speak with respect about him when he started directing and when he took up his enironmental and other political causes.
I wonder if he thinks this is his last chance for an acting Oscar.

@Jolies copy: @groundcontrol:
>>>>>>>
Robert Redford – quite literally, my first ever crush! Sigh… I still think he’s good looking now. It’s in the bone, the juxtaposition of his features.
I think Brad is going to age in the same beautiful way.

a man looking like that at 50 is a god given gift. brad, you’ll always be a lucky *******.

Gosh I love Brad Pitt! He looks fine even without all the excess grooming.
Love him.

Waving to all fans from all over! almost 8 years on and I’m still here with all the long timers.

if that face is 50??? 65 will be the same.

Love the JoliePitts @ 10/15/2013 at 11:23 am

Brad you are a most beautiful man inside and out with a heart of gold. No wonder Angelina loves you so much.

brad - just doin' his job @ 10/15/2013 at 11:24 am

hollywood illuminati directive: stir up race relations
- follow the lead of the great divider barry
- cherry pick individual stories and causes
- force feed them to the drooling braindead trendy idiocracy
- tell them they are all racist, bad, and owe debt
- divide
- distract (the whole point)
- omit all attention to minority behavior
- further conquer

Wow.. Brad looks great. This was a favorite picture.. Such a beautiful man. INSIDE and OUT

have to catch the interview tomorrow or record it. He has done such great and memorable work behind and in front of the camera.. Fury looks really interesting too.

Love the JoliePitts @ 10/15/2013 at 11:35 am

Good morning to you, my Lady Rose.
i hope you are having a beautiful day today.
Isn’t Brad just one the most beautiful men we have ever seen? I don’t know when there has been another like him. I love him for his great big heart and for just being him.
Rose, I am wondering. Is this interview with Ann Curry the one Brad did at TIFF? Just curious. Seems I read she interviewed him previously.
I know you must have a lot on your calendar for today because I know you are a very busy lady who also organizes her time wisely to get so much done in a day. I always marvel at and appreciate the little nuggets of happiness you share with us. Whether you are baking, or cooking or simply taking a walk and enjoying the sights.
Have a wonderful day my friend and blessings go with you always.

Hot daddy Pitt yummy yum :) <3

JenInRehab @ 10/15/2013 at 11:50 am

Handsome Beautiful man that is aging Very Well
Another excellent movie on the way
God bless the Jolie-Pitts

Love the JoliePitts @ 10/15/2013 at 11:52 am

From the Guardian
Brad Pitt movie stuntman stabbed with bayonet
Mishap occurs on set of Fury, second world war set action film shooting in Oxfordshire countryside
A stuntman on the Brad Pitt movie Fury was rushed to hospital today after apparently being stabbed by a bayonet.

The 35-year-old was airlifted to Oxford’s John Radcliffe hospital after the incident on the set of the second world war film, which is currently shooting in the countryside in the Chilterns foothills.

Fury, directed by David Ayer (End of Watch), is the story of a US tank crew operating in Germany towards the end of the war, as they face a desperate enemy.

According to production company representative Claudia Kalindjian said: “There has been an accident between two professional stuntmen which happened in a rehearsed action sequence.

“It was an accident. It is obviously very unfortunate. He left the set laughing and talking.”

The South Central Ambulance service spokeswoman they had been called at 11.32am to deal with a shoulder injury. Thames Valley police said they were not treating the incident as a crime, but the Health and Safety Executive were investigating.

Love the JoliePitts @ 10/15/2013 at 11:59 am

Brad Pitt says ’12 Years a Slave’ is ‘why I got into film in the first place’

Brad Pitt’s role in “12 Years a Slave” isn’t very big, but it is key — and as the actor tells Ann Curry in an interview set to air Wednesday on TODAY, the film was of enormous importance to him: “It’s why I got into film in the first place.”

“12 Years” is a true story, based on Solomon Northup’s personal account of being a free man in New York in pre-Civil War days who is then kidnapped and sold into slavery. Pitt was a producer on the film, and took a role as a Canadian who is working on the plantation where Northup ends up.

For Pitt, making “12 Years” was the very definition of what movies are for. “It’s one of those few films that cuts to the base of our humanity,” he said.

But “12 Years” features some disturbing imagery, and as the actor explained, he’s not about to show it to his youngest children (he has six with Angelina Jolie). “Maybe my eldest I would, right now,” he said. “I’d rather for the others to get a little bit older and understand the dynamics of the world a little more.”

That kind of subtle understanding is a wisdom that has come with age, and — fans, brace yourself — Pitt is about to turn 50 in December.

“I haven’t minded a bit,” he said about approaching AARP age. “I have no complaints.”

Watch Pass ‏@WatchorPass 7m

#12YearsASlave is a masterpiece. It will win Best Picture and @CEjioforFans will win Best Actor at the #Oscars. http://www.watchorpass.com/2013/10/review-12-years-slave.html

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 711 » Show All