Brad Pitt: '12 Years a Slave' Cuts to the Base of Humanity

Brad Pitt: '12 Years a Slave' Cuts to the Base of Humanity

Brad Pitt sits down for an interview with the Today show to discuss his new movie 12 Years a Slave on Wednesday (October 16).

“I’m a moviegoer,” the 49-year-old actor said. “That was a place that was a big escape for me, to open my eyes up to the world when I was a little, little kid. I loved going to see films. So I think of it from that side of it, and I know the impact of this film.”

“It’s one of those few films that … cuts to the base of our humanity,” Brad continued. “And it was not until I saw Solomon Northup’s story that I fully, fully (grasped) the utter horror of losing your freedom or denying another one their freedom, taking their freedom, splitting their family apart.”

Check out the full interview below…

Brad Pitt: ‘Today’ Show Interview

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 717 » Show All

nice interview, hope TYAS wins all awards. Brad looks great.

The JP’s do like Anne Curry.

lying sack 'O shite @ 10/16/2013 at 10:13 am

yet he chooses to be apart from his own family most of the time

THE Bloated Old Bradley we have come to know.

Tristan again. He is still gorgeous.

Sarah Jane ‏@cicistyle now

This film is gut wrenchingly honest! And will evoke so many emotions! This is a story everyone should know! #12YearsaSlave

Love Conquers All @ 10/16/2013 at 10:22 am

Swoon,still miss his golden locks :)

Passing Through @ 10/16/2013 at 10:24 am

# 236 LOL @ 10/16/2013 at 7:33 am
Whenever I read these stories I’m always afraid my eyes are going to get stuck in the back of my head. First they claimed Brad and Angie were getting married in Hawaii and by the end of the article they were back to saying they’re getting married in France. And I’m confused about her mother being able to be part of the wedding if it’s in Hawaii, which her mother loved, but not France, which her mother also loved…but when Marcheline died they claimed her ashes were skattered in the Bahamas…because Marcheline loved the Bahamas…but that was before the video and pix of Angie, James and Marcheline in Hawaii surfaced. Now the Bahamas has been supplanted by Hawaii. Next the tabs will be saying that Brad and Angie are getting married in Oz on his 50th b-day or moving to Oz because Angie and the kids fell in love with it while they were there. The people who work at these rags must have brains like a bowl of oatmeal – total mush.

he needs to do something about that bloated face. gross.

of lord of the ring!!!!! bahahahaha….poppa lookin’ good.

predictive programming @ 10/16/2013 at 10:36 am

Ironic that BrAnge are working the entertainment angle of the NWO that seeks to collectivise, control, and enslave the earth’s population at the feet of its corporate masters with pretty little utopian promises and stories of “change”. Divide us.Tell us all how bad we are Bradley. Help make us feel guilty for the crimes of others. Make us cave in to political correctness & conform, thus easier to control.

Can’t believe he’s turning 50!!!! The man still got it..lucky you miss angelina jolie!!!! Thanks so much for the tweets of TYAS.. I’ll see it when it opens in my areas…can’t wait for the awards season to start… just the thought of seeing Brad and Angie on the red carpet again… has put me in a happy mood… miss seeing the family pics though…:(

Emile Washington ‏@emilewashington 3m

Got the chance to preview #12yearsaslave and by far the best movie this year. The raw truth of slavery… http://instagram.com/p/fiCAxxOFtI/

lol..that bloated face is/was loved by his 6 kids and anjie,worry his bloated x wife that loved by her dog and her paid fiancee b/c of her loaded bank account! mine is FACT.

I miss this long hair, but i also love his short hair.

@bella same here!! Loved his long tresses LOL!!

my girl,anjie is a directing again…….huge amount of dough…..hhehehehe the other one is 5 minutes codirecting. hehehehehe

I love brad in short hair…he looks much younger imo…long hair don’t do it for me…Although angie wouldn’t mind …she loves him in any state he’s in…if that not love then what is?

As handsome as ever… Love you Mr. Pitt <3

Brad looks as if he spent the night soaking in a cask of whiskey.

The vedio doesnt load for me for some reason.
Im not in good mood with other non jp related things right now but iwhen will the real wedding happen seriously if they actually gonna do it that is . I knoi their work angie surgery promotion wwz made it impossible for the past year or so since the engagment but if they dont make time hearing this stories is getting annoying to me….
Also the lucy 2 person not in here…she/he is a sb or kh ho who claim to support angie or brad regularly but say shite about angie acting or topics that theirs against angie etc…

Passing Through @ 10/16/2013 at 12:28 pm

Vindication for Brad? I just saw a story on THR about the problems with Darren Aronofsky’s biblical pic Noah. Apparently the test screenings have been very mixed and the 3rd act sucks. This is another big budget Paramount movie – although they’re only footing half of the bill. According to THR they’re bickering with Aronofsky of the trajectory and editing of the movie and it’s gone over it’s $125MIL budget. The main source says that Aronofsky doesn’t want to listen to Par’s suggestions for how to fix the movie and wants to do everything his way. They also noted that this is Aronofsky’s first big budget studio movie in a long time – since the debacle that was The Fountain. Everyone is always pointing their finger at Brad for backing out of that movie but even Aronofsky admits that he got carried away and changed the script and scope after the studio gave him a ton of money because Brad was going to star in the movie. By the time it was ready to film it was no longer the movie Brad had agreed to star in so Brad bailed…the studio took back most of their money and Aronfosky ended up making a movie very close to the original that Brad had agreed to star in. Now it looks like he’s doing the same thing. Brad and everyone involved in WWZ was able to fix that movie and Brad marketing the hell out of it and it was win for Par. But Noah doesn’t have Brad. It stars Russell Crowe and a bunch of CGI animals and water. Russell ain’t exactly on fire at the BO these days, so it’ll be interesting to see how this pans out – and whether or not the rest of the entertainment media and VF will turn on Aronofsky the way they turned on Brad. “Game on, fvckers.”

Best red dress on red carpet @ 10/16/2013 at 12:47 pm

I hate the sadness in his eyes. He is clearly touched by this gut wrenching and important story. I also think he is still thinking of the simple, beautiful life he had with Jen. A quiet life of no kids and no drama. Poor Brad. Some people reconnect in their old age so maybe he will come to his senses in a few years. Happy Birthday Brad!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 717 » Show All