Gwyneth Paltrow: I Don't Care What Strangers Think About Me!

Gwyneth Paltrow: I Don't Care What Strangers Think About Me!

Gwyneth Paltrow shows off her style on the cover of Red magazine’s December 2013 issue, on newsstands November 6.

Here’s what the 41-year-old actress had to share with the mag:

On not caring what people think about her: “This is the thing, it’s like the older I get I realize it doesn’t matter what people who don’t know you think. It doesn’t matter. You’re wasting your energy. It’s like, if your partner comes to you – or your best friend – and says, ‘Listen, I want to talk about something you did that hurt me, or I think you could improve’, sit down and listen to what they have to say. But some friend of so-and–sos – it’s like, who gives a sh*t? And for me, obviously, I have it on a very large, global scale. I don’t have it in the village gossip way; but it’s the same thing. That’s why I really don’t read anything. Because if it’s important, it filters down to me.”

On if she is the next Oprah: “[Do I see myself as ] the next Oprah? No, not the next Oprah, but I do think the idea is to grow goop in a number of ways… My dream would be to have somewhere like [a spa]. A centre where you could go and have the best people, and detox and reboot and start afresh. I’d love to get to that point one day.”

On her work/life balance: “When I’m with my kids, I give them everything I have. And when I’m not, I give whatever I’m doing everything I have. And that’s my work/life balance. I’ve made it work for me, but it doesn’t matter what my specific thing is… It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks. It matters what you think of yourself. And what your children think… So if anyone is going to ask my advice, I’d say, do what is right for you and don’t give a shit what anyone else thinks.”

The full interview appears in the December issue of Red. It was guest-edited by Gwyneth and her team at goop.com and will be available on November 6. It will also be available in digital edition on Apple Newsstand.

For more from Gwyneth, visit RedOnline.co.uk.

gwyneth paltrow covers red december 2013 01
gwyneth paltrow covers red december 2013 02

Credit: Max Abadian/Red
Posted to: Gwyneth Paltrow, Magazine

• Leah Remini is able to drink now after leaving Scientology- US Weekly
  • Honey Boo Boo competes in a food eating contest - TMZ
  • Elisabeth Hasselbeck doesn't hate Rosie O'Donnell- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to an Irish version of Lorde's hit song 'Royals' - Just Jared Jr
  • True Blood alum Lucy Griffiths exits NBC show Constantine- Entertainment Weekly
  • See how Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes's future baby might look like- Huffington Post
  • How many copies did Robin Thicke's new album Paula sell in Australia?- Lainey Gossip
  • Tracy Morgan is suing Walmart for deadly car crash- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Aubrey O’Day shows off major cleavage for a performance - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

you do care *****. then why would you make that statement.

blonde lover @ 10/31/2013 at 8:41 pm

I wish Gwyn would darken her hair. The light blonde makes her look hard and old.

Love her!! But agree about her hair, it’s too light.

stupid woman with nothing to talk about . retire old woman. you are not interesting with your life. maybe that is the reason nobody like you .

It doesn’t matter what people who don’t know you think. But but she has been whining all summer that Vanity Fair is writing a article on her.

How is it that her hubby hasn’t dumped her yet?

2 kids..guarantees money for awhile

She shouldn’t talk like anything she does is relevant to the public. People are curious about her lifestyle, but they don’t want this talking down to.

Has she had plastic surgery? Why does her face look so frozen?

G:-) :-) py @ 10/31/2013 at 10:49 pm

She should not give a flying fig about what people think of her.
Stay badass Goopy!

I have to say that I agree with what she says here. But, on another note, the average peon like most of us could not afford to go to one of her Goop spas! In that sense she is very out of touch and only caters to the elite.

Ooooo , to me, yes you do give a ” shmith” , otherwise you wouldn’t be talking about it !!

For someone who doesn’t care what others think about her, she certainly spends a lot of time discussing it in her interviews.

Ya, like we care about her self absorbed idiotic life. Quit it already, we are sick of you Gwyn! Nicole Kidman has it and you don’t. Is there anything of importance about Gwyneth? No. Go apple away.

Dieter!!!!!! @ 11/01/2013 at 12:39 am

Gorgeous (!)
Full
Round
Ass

She’s starting to look like a wax doll.

Oscar de la Rental @ 11/01/2013 at 3:16 am

@rachel:
Because she merely answered the question from the writer.

Gee gwyneth, as a celeb who is selling crap constantly to the public, I should hope you care what those terrible strangers think! Otherwise how would you get your money for your precious lifestyle? This pretentious woman does not even have 2 brain cells to rub together. Oh and oscar de la rental – there is no writer asking her questions, you fool. No one cares what Gwynnie thinks! This is just some dumb PR piece that her team out out to keep her in the news and make her some $$$$!

She’s so over….

skarsberg @ 11/01/2013 at 9:40 am

@ace11: ‘cos her husbands a twat and he knows she’s better than him ..or at least she could do ten times better than him.

skarsberg @ 11/01/2013 at 9:41 am

@Lila: …and yet she will always be better than those that ***** about her..

ugly chick

She really has dropped down in terms of endorsement deals. She used to rep. companies like Estee Lauder, American Express and Tod’s. Now she’s shilling for Max Factor and Hugo Boss.

I feel for her. She has always lived a princes life and has no real understanding of middle class or poverty. Her Goop is great for her and the elite clientele. Gwen seems like a good person, wife and mother just wish she could have a better understanding of an average person and the trials and joys they have to help broaden her perspective so that she could realize that the average person is pulling for you to succeed. Guess, I am rumbling it just seems like she has pain and bitterness in what she is saying…..wishing Gwen all around happiness…..

All that bleaching and botox just makes her look older, not younger.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All