Alexander Skarsgard: South Pole Challenge Tranining!

Alexander Skarsgard: South Pole Challenge Tranining!

Alexander Skarsgard takes a brief break while recently training for Walking with the Wounded’s upcoming South Pole Allied Challenge in Norway.

The 37-year-old actor will head up the U.S. team, while Prince Harry leads the U.K. team and actor Dominic West races with the Commonwealth group (Australia and Canada).

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Alexander Skarsgard

Walking With The Wounded is a UK-based charity, which funds both the re-training and re-education of wounded servicemen and women with the aim of helping them find long term employment after they have left the Armed Forces.

The teams will trek around 15km to 20km per day, endure temperatures as low as -45°C and 50 mph winds, all the while pulling their sledges toward the southernmost point on the globe.

40+ pictures inside of Alexander Skarsgard training in Norway…

alexander skarsgard south pole expedition training 01
alexander skarsgard south pole expedition training 38
alexander skarsgard south pole expedition training 39
alexander skarsgard south pole expedition training 40

Ethan Miller/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All
GoSkarsgard&allteams @ 11/17/2013 at 3:15 pm

Great cause. Thanks to everyone involved. Worth donating to: http://walkingwiththewounded.org.uk/donate/

Cafélady @ 11/17/2013 at 4:09 pm

…-45°C?…wow…I guess compared with our +5°C here in germany, it’s almost warm.
And btw; was there someone in one of the previous posts who claimed, that alex wouldn’t be fit enough to pass that challenge? I’m sure he (and his team) can do that!! Go for it alex, and team US!

Aside of that and aside of the sporty challenge, (to me) is everyone who is involved in any sort of way, is a winner – the whole event is a good thing.

But nevertheless, it will be interesting to see who will be the first one at the finish-line…

Poor taste in women @ 11/17/2013 at 4:15 pm

Still shagging chateau marmot girl kathrina damm,
poor taste in FAMEWHORES think about Kate bosworth-polish who u are still INLOVE with ….

WOW! K-Ho dating Alexander Skarsgard, omg! BIGGEST HW DOWNLOW COUPLE! They have been out in public too. First the Calvin K NYFW show, then late dinners and now movie together. mmmh, girl getting some now. Finally she can stop the female body rubs and clear her cub webs. haha. So, George Clooney is out and Skargard is in.

How gross that those dumbasses who can’t even spell would ruin a post about a good cause. Go crawl back into your cave you creep.

@Poor taste in women:

Wow Alex is doing a really good thing for charity raising money, working really hard on his film career putting all the hours in for training
and all you could think about or come up with are two skinny no good talentless thick idiot twigglets who only think about how many famous men they can get there undies off to and spread the word to gossip sites I don’t see them doing charitable deeds in cold harsh wheather ? Do
you.

@Poor taste in women: isn’t she Jared Leto’s ex? I don’t remember reading about Alex hooking up with her…

She posted a pic of her with her leg over Keith and Alex on the other side of Keith holding his face and was also seen getting into his lap in a video after leaving the whorehouse, oops I mean the Marmot. If nothing else she implied that they hooked up, not sure if it included Keith.

@Ex’s: Wow you sound like a fat loser from the Midwest. You’re probably also 45 yeas old. Go away.

Keith probably got the friends of the hot one, like always? At his age its kind of sad, but at Alex’s age it isn’t much better.

@laura:
she did post that picture, and if nothing else it does imply that she slept with him!!

@Ex’s: No, it implies that they know each other. The end. Now go the hell away you cave creature.

He’s doing more than raising money. By challenging weather conditions over there, he’s actually doing the most human thing one can do. I don’t plan to post in JJ anymore, but only because of this cause. I AM DOING THIS BECAUSE I WANT HIS GOODNESS TO DOMINATE HERE, as the post says. The ones who have the guts to speak about his personal life maybe should exchange phone #s w/each other since they seem to have no personal life for themselves. He owes his personal life to nobody, & his choices are his choices! He looks great in pictures, by the way. BEST OF LUCK ALEXANDER, and COME HOME SAFE!!!!

@Cafélady: I think in one of Inge Solheim’s Instagram pics from this training in October he mentioned that Alex has a strong back.

And the rest of the teams are on their way to Cape Town, where they’ll meet up with Alex and then leave for Antarctica on the 19th:

The three seven-man teams from the UK, Commonwealth and USA – each with four wounded team members – will depart London for Cape Town on Sunday 17th November.

They will then fly from Cape Town to Novolazarevskaya Station, Antarctica on 19th November where they will spend a few days acclimatising to the Antarctic temperature. Once acclimatised, the teams will fly to 87° south, where they will spend further time acclimatising to the altitude.

The expedition to the South Pole will begin from 87° south on 30th November, with the teams hoping to reach the geographic South Pole by 16th December.

And a general request: please stop trying to reason/respond to those who don’t want to be reasoned with, they want to troll, fine, you don’t have to play with them.

Cafélady @ 11/17/2013 at 6:22 pm

@ladybug: Thanks, ladybug for the update (and the link). I was wondering anyway, when they would start the ride anyway. I mean, since he was still in SA, up to. Isn’t this a bit big climatic difference? (I don’t know when it will be winter times in SA) Sure, they make this break, to acclimatise – but anyway. And only 16 days for reaching the finish-line…not much. I mean, under the circumstances they will have there.
Did he ever something like that before? At least, I have no idea.

As for Inge’s statement about alex: I’m sure he is right with his assessment regarding that alex has a strong back. But it’s still a challenge – especially because the climate conditions. But like I said: I’m sure they can do it!

Agree, because the troll-thing: it seems as should it be better to just ignore them. As we know: otherwise it will encouraging them constantly to go on with this sh*t.

@Cafélady: Late spring in SA, and Antarctica. But they’ll apparently have about 10 days to acclimatise to both weather and altitude. He’s never done anything like this, but neither have most of the other team members. Harry did five days in the Arctic in 2011 for that WWtW trek. At this point it’s time to just do it and see what happens.

Here’s a pic of Alex on set this week, supporting the campaign against child labor:

sexy pants @ 11/17/2013 at 7:21 pm

New Alexander thread yaay so over dued, New WWTD thread Yaay and finally its about time as for the rest I would say get a life but that is useless to you isnt it like also get a life beside his own. Anyways and most importantly Alexander is in sexy pants ok ski pants but its sexy so yaay for that and these pics are beyond gorg and beautiful even though it is probably cold as hell in saying that Respect to Alexander and all the others for doing this I am sure it will be hard but he can do it and he gets my full support and I will be cheerleading for him but I also wish them all a safe trip and hope the weather is/will kind to him/them wishing them a great experience and in return success in getting attention for the causes and the people in need of it that is what is all about. This is NOT THE TIME for BS lets be positive for once and send Alexander and all involved a positive eventful and most of all safe trip/return

Cafélady @ 11/17/2013 at 7:44 pm

@ladybug: Thanks, for the link. That’s also a important thing/campaign. I wish, I could look more onto that, where and how (and by whom) some things are produced, when I buy them. But often it’s a question of the personal financial (monthly) budget.
I have -for instance- an old oriental carpet. But today, with the knowledge which I have meanwhile, I guess I wouldn’t buy something like that – not for an low price, which is often made by child labor.
And so one could continue the list. Not only because child labor – but also bad working conditions in the most parts of the world, in the industrial production (also for adult workers). It’s a dilemma. And for the most of us a devil’s circle, who is difficult to break through.

But it is great, that he supports this campaign.

As for the wwtw: Harry was only five days with the group in 2011? I thought he had more experience with that – respectively that he did this more often already.
But so the chances for all groups are more equal, then.

Somehow funny; did you know that ‘Inge’ is an female name here in Germany?
To me, it sounds always a bit funny (in a friendly way) and unusual, when I hear the name ‘Inge’ for a guy.

sexy pants @ 11/17/2013 at 7:46 pm

I offer my place for him to come and defrost his toes or anything else that he would like to defrost he can get more than chocolate milk and cookie just putting that out there.

I hope he has a happy place to go to keep him warm and happy when its gets really cold, rough and tiring, He will probably have Cut Copy on instant rewind in his head anyways so at least he has some happy songs he will be just fine he will make it through.

@Cafélady: IIRC, Harry did only five days in 2011 because of prior commitments. Apparently this isn’t a problem with this trek.
I knew that Inge was a female name in German, when I saw that there was an Inge Solheim as a guide for the trek I thought ‘cool, a female guide.’ But no!

Regarding the child/slave labor: it’s hard sometimes to make sure that what you’re buying is ‘morally’ produced.

@sexy pants, he does look nice in the Trek attire:

I do wonder if they’ll have any music players with them on the Trek, or will they have to go with their their mental songlist.

sexy pants @ 11/17/2013 at 8:15 pm

@ladybug:

while they may start off with a player the rest of the trip will be more of a mental songlist that keeps the newbies goings or maybe they got VIP hook up it does say Virgin Money on the attire.

As for the child labor its hard for us as people to make choices when people with power keeps turning their eyes to the problem and feed us lies. Child labor is not a secret nor child prostitution or child starvation child cruelty the list goes on and on but its great when celebs who people follow ask their flock to be active human being and it even better when said celebs act or do more than just say do something someone as to get it out there to the blind masses and the blind masses needs to be
proactive citizen of the world

Cafélady @ 11/17/2013 at 8:22 pm

@ladybug: I guess, (regarding Harry’s prior commitments he had 2011) he, alex and dominic will be anyway more needed for getting more attention for the thing and (in following of this) to get more donations for the fund.
And this is also a great thing. Plus; showing support for the people who became injured in military service – and disabled persons in general.

A female guide? Yes, I thought first the same when I heard the name – and this would have been really cool! :)

@ladybug; @sexy pants: I guess, if they can take I-pods or something with them during the trip, then they probably prefer music who will give them ‘power’ and motivation. :) (Not that cut copy would be a bad choice!)

Great cause for both Alex and Harry to participate in. I’m sure it will be tough but they’ll both have a good time and raise lots of money for the charity. -45 does not sound very fun though, I must admit!

I don’t want to reignite what happen up thread, but seriously who is K-Ho? My mind is drawing a blank?

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All