Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Alec Baldwin's 'Up Late' Cancelled After Gay Slur Incident

Alec Baldwin's 'Up Late' Cancelled After Gay Slur Incident

Alec Baldwin‘s MSNBC program Up Late With Alec Baldwin has not been given a renewal by the network, according to Deadline.

“We are jointly confirming that Up Late will not continue on MSNBC,” the 55-year-old actor’s camp as well as the network jointly said. “This is a mutual parting and we wish Alec all the best.”

The decision comes on the heels of Alec‘s controversy where he hurled a homophobic slur at a photographer earlier this month. There is question about whether there were two slurs said, in addition. MSNBC took the show off the air for two weeks after the controversy came to light.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Alec Baldwin’s show being cancelled??

Photos: Wenn
Posted to: Alec Baldwin

John Parra/Getty

someone nice @ 11/26/2013 at 2:40 pm

I think people are too hard on Alec and take his statements out of context. Remember, he has paparazzi stalking him all the time right outside his home. And they are aggressive and harass his wife and newborn baby. They are disrespectful to him. I understand he has a temper, but he is very provoked by these people who are disrespectful to his family. Even if he is rich and famous he and his family deserve respect and privacy and especially so with a new baby. When he hurls these insults it is to these aggressive paparazzi who stalk him. He is clearly not homophobic. There are so many worse people in the world and all he wants is for people to leave him alone. I am team Alec. Let the poor man be! furthermore, people act so self righteous when they claim racism and gay-ism or whatnot and meanwhile there are real horrible people doing real horrible things all over the world that go un noticed. #TeamAlec

It has to work for all slurs @ 11/26/2013 at 2:53 pm

We can’t pick and choose which slurs are okay. I was watching Breaking Bad last night, one of America’s faves. When beloved Uncle Hank said “***** restaurant.” Sure this is part of his persona, but what if he had said “f*g restaurant”… or “n*gg*r restaurant” … would he still be a favorite character. I think not. Also, caucasian, mid eastern and Asian slurs are fre game, apparently.

It has to work for all slurs @ 11/26/2013 at 2:54 pm

Oh, they ****** it out… it was “CH*NK” as in Chinese

The show already had low ratings and this was a perfect excuse for the network to pull the plug on the show.

Now Martin Bashir Must be fired
bow down, kneel and suckle the PC toes
watch what you say in the land of the free

this is rediculous…what he does or say on his own time is his own time and has nothing to do with work. I don’t see why he was fired and his show cancelled..

Really???? Over f@g??? Really???

Also, you cannot put f@g no where near in the same context as n1gg2r. Sorry, that argument don’t fly. The later word has 100′s of years of abuse, blood, death, and deep seeded roots to it. It shouldn’t even be used for play if those who use it as that understood what their ancestors who were called this awful name went through and succeeded through for those who uses it so sparingly.

I’m not saying f@g is not nice but it don’t carry the same weight, it’s like calling someone fat.

The only time I ever tune into a Mess NBC these days is to hear
Melitha Harith Perry thay THITHPA (CISPA)

It has to work for all slurs @ 11/26/2013 at 3:29 pm

@: I totally agree with you, dude. These slurs do have different weights but I’m just saying that Hollywood seems to dictate which ones are okay to use based on their own biased opinion.. and then they act all self-righteous.

ohnohoney @ 11/26/2013 at 3:36 pm

@sky:

Alec’s show had really low ratings, so it was probably gonna get cancelled anyway. I don’t know why MSNBC gave him a talk show. Even I could have predicted nobody would watch it. Alec used to be great but now he’s just a grumpy old man.

Good riddance.

GAY MAFIA , POOR ALEC

ABC = A-Bomb Central @ 11/27/2013 at 3:32 am

I think the Vatican should house all of the homeless people in the USA until the Pope pulls his head out. He can leave the Bible in his ****** where it does the most good.

I hope they take The Last Word to five days or develop a new show rather than just giving the time slot back to Lockup.