Paul Walker Dead at 40 - 'Fast & Furious' Star Dies in Car Crash

Paul Walker Dead at 40 - 'Fast & Furious' Star Dies in Car Crash

Paul Walker has died at the age of 40 after he was involved in a single-car accident and explosion on Saturday (November 30) in Southern California, according to TMZ.

The Fast and the Furious actor was in a Porsche when the driver lost control and slammed into a post or tree in Santa Clarita. The car then burst into flames. Paul and another person who was in the car were both killed.

It is not clear right now what caused the accident or who was behind the wheel.

Paul was in town to attend a car show to support the Philippines typhoon relief effort and he was taking friends out for drives in his new Porsche GT car. The crash happened during one of the test drives that afternoon.

Paul is survived by his 15-year-old daughter Meadow, who he had with a former girlfriend.

We send our condolences out to all of Paul‘s loved ones during this difficult time.

UPDATE: Read the statement released by Paul Walker‘s team confirming his death.

Valerie Macon/Getty

Mrs. Gaston @ 11/30/2013 at 9:25 pm

omg, this is horrible

That’s so sad. I loved that man. RIP.

How sad, Rip Paul.

omg noooo @ 11/30/2013 at 9:28 pm

God, no!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!

IT’s NOT TRUE!
It’s a hoax. see also: http://en . mediamass . net/people/paul-walker/deathhoax.html

:( no way he can’t be dead

Anna Marie Gauthier @ 11/30/2013 at 9:35 pm

Jared, this news is only on another site, TMZ, and is NOT verified. I suggest taking it down until it is verified.

omg noooo @ 11/30/2013 at 9:37 pm

I can’t get into TMZ. I also can’t find it anywhere else.

woww so sad :( i hope this is a joke

2 fast 2 be furious @ 11/30/2013 at 9:39 pm

Rest in piss

This is not official yet. TMZ link is no longer working. Seems like bad intel.

TMZ pulled it. LOL

I’m literally watching The Fast & Furious watching Paul drive with Vin Diesel in that gorgeous Supra & my brother comes rushing in saying he just died. Didn’t believe it at all until this source cleared it. An absolute shock, I really cannot believe this at all man. I sent my condolences to the Walker family. He will truly be missed.

on imdb its says paul walker is filming Fast & Furious 7 could this be a scene!?! PLEASE BE….I know the area where that happened, I know lots of movies are filmed there?..:(

ohh mg that is so sad, and he was a very great actor. what the fudge he was awsome. who ever caused it must go behind bars

shane1lie0 @ 11/30/2013 at 9:42 pm

Too soon, junior.

pretty sure you shouldn’t use TMZ and Wikipedia as sources…. Womp.

Its a hoax

PAUL WALKER IS ALIVE READ THIS SITE http://en.mediamass.net/people/paul-walker/deathhoax.html Paul Walker Death Hoax Dismissed Since Actor Is ‘Alive And Well’

On Saturday (November 30) the actor’s reps officially confirmed that Paul Walker is not dead. “He joins the long list of celebrities who have been victimized by this hoax. He’s still alive and well, stop believing what you see on the Internet,” they said.

Some fans have expressed anger at the fake report saying it was reckless, distressing and hurtful to fans of the much loved actor. Others say this shows his extreme popularity across the globe.

Speechless. . .

MissGobblecock @ 11/30/2013 at 9:47 pm

NOOO! Hottest actor ever and seems so nice & down to earth. Live fast & furious die young :/

@Mrs. Gaston:

UPDATE 01/12/2013 : This story seems to be false.
Paul Walker death hoax spreads on Facebook began nov. 1st. on fake r.i.p. walker facebook page.

His agent confirmed today (Saturday, Nov. 30) that Paul is ALIVE AND WELL. He was not killed.

Love Conquers All @ 11/30/2013 at 9:48 pm

@CourtneyNBC6
California coroner confirms actor Paul Walker’s death.

This is not true!! How horrible that someone would spread such a horrible lie!!

Love Conquers All @ 11/30/2013 at 9:51 pm

@Love Conquers All:

Apparently the coroner deleted her tweet.

SunnyAutumnn @ 11/30/2013 at 9:52 pm

My heart sank reading this. How awful. He was a very handsome man. May he RIP.

it’a a one more hoax guys!

MissGobblecock @ 11/30/2013 at 9:54 pm

these hoax are so sick. these news sites better check their facts better!!!

long legged lady @ 11/30/2013 at 9:54 pm

Praying for his family and friends, this is such a tragedy this poor man was so young :(

SunnyAutumnn @ 11/30/2013 at 9:56 pm

I just read this was a hoax, confirmed by Paul’s reps.

Really Tim, can’t do your homework before publishing this crap? Idiot.

fake fakerson @ 11/30/2013 at 9:59 pm

fake

SunnyAutumnn @ 11/30/2013 at 10:00 pm

IDK about this one. The LA coroner’s office and LAPD were involved, as well.

So is true or false? some one please tell us

Apparently earlier today rep denied yesterday’s hoax and then the crash that’s being reported now happened this afternoon and that it’s not a hoax. Read his rep confirmed this as well. All the media is reporting it now.

Media Wh@re MANiston @ 11/30/2013 at 10:07 pm

I checked other media outlets. Nothing has been posted about this. How come JJ has the info.

snarkysarcasticbish @ 11/30/2013 at 10:08 pm

It’s been confirmed. RIP Paul Walker, you will be missed. Sad sad day.

yah, his rep just confirmed that it is true that he died..very sad.

Steve Hachem @ 11/30/2013 at 10:10 pm

i was just watching the fast and furious series yesterday, and now this happened…

This is horrible. He was one of my favorite actors because he was so down to earth.

OMG IS true!!! : ( this is sooooo sad RIP Paul.

Haters Suck! @ 11/30/2013 at 10:17 pm

His official twitter just confirmed it. It’s true, he’s gone. Rip Paul. So sad.

This is horrible! So terribly sad.

Very sad news…I always thought he was incredibly handsome.

@Anna Marie Gauthier: It’s on all the sites.

I cant believe it! RIP Paul :(

Terrible way for his rep team to spread the news. They should’ve been the first ones confirming/reporting the death. And I hate how reps confirm everything via twitter – their clients deserve better then that. RIP Paul. How very sad.

ABC and other reputable news sources are confirming this is true

Actor Paul Walker, the 40-year-old star of Universal Pictures’ “Fast and Furious” movie franchise, was killed in a single-car crash in California Saturday, according to a post on his official Facebook page.
Walker was a passenger in a friend’s car while attending a charity event for his organization Reach Out Worldwide, the post read. Both lost their lives.
“Sadly I must confirm that Paul did pass away today in a car accident,” Walker’s representative Ame Van Iden told NBC News.

His rep confirms this is true.

Very sad. My condolences to his family. May he rest in peace.

So sad, I’m really shocked… R.I.P Paul Walker, I hope you can drive and race forever in Heaven :’(

This is so heartbreaking, my thoughts go to everyone connected to him. I so wish this was a hoax like it was reported earlier but its not, so crushing and sad. RIP Paul.

who cares?

Oh my god! What the hell?! Is this for real?

First time I saw him was in the movie She’s All That and I thought he was adorable. So terrible he lost his life so young with so much more to do. RIP

Stunned and speechless. You don’t check out at 40. I loved him in Joy Ride. Man … so sad.

R.I.P Paul

so sad heart goes out to his family rip paul

It’s true people. I cant even believe how quick wikipedia updates info. They wrote the death details already.

Tobias Mort @ 12/01/2013 at 12:13 am

So does that mean the Porsche failed its test drive?

Such a sad news! I’m from Chile and I’ll never forget when Paul came here after 2010′s earthquake to help the victims. Rest In Peace Paul.

yvonne whitby @ 12/01/2013 at 12:19 am

r.i.p.paul we will miss you every much

@Mrs. Gaston:

I love this man, I cant stop crying. I am praying for his soul, i know God has him in his glory. Sometimes you feel something for someone you never met, perhaps I knew him in another life who knows but the sadness I feel for him right now is unmesureable.

Omg i´m so in shock i still can´t believe it. My prayers go out to his family and friends. We will miss you so much Paul .RIP

Gone so soon, may his soul rest in peace. It’s such a sad sad day.

@sowhat55: Can you be anymore stupid?
I highly doubt that his 15 year old daughter, his family and friends have a great day today. This man was not only an actor he was also a normal man, a father, he had a family and also friends who are more than sad today. He was someone who cared about the people who needed help, he was a role model.

Think about it when someone dies from YOUR family.

OMG – I can’t believe it!!! So horrible and so sad! :’(

Looks to suspicious to me. First the news of an hoax, then the real things happens

BUT, he was such a nice guy.He was like other celebrities in which use PR stunts to promote their films. This guy was just genuine..

He was one of a kind.

breezedash @ 12/01/2013 at 6:17 am

Such a terrible news. It’s very sad. I can’t express how shocked I am…
He was a beautiful guy, amazing actor and he has a LOT of fans all around the world, which is a proof of his talent.
God takes the best…
My prayers go to his family, such a hard time for them now…
It breaks my heart.
Rest in peace Paul

Thepomafame @ 12/01/2013 at 6:28 am

I’m so sorry, he was so young to die, rest in peace, nobody will forget you

So sad!love and light to his family!

@Susan: I..dont..
think..so,..because..after..hearing..the.news..I.went..on..his..wiki
and..it..was..all.in..present..tense.ad..no..deathdate..next..to..his.birthdate!

Light a candle for him to find his way. It is the least we can do for someone who shared his light with us during his life.

So young. So tragic. My prayers and heart go out to his family and friends.

I love this guy in the Fast and Furious series (I’ve seen every one) so perhaps that’s why I’m suspicious of who was driving and wondering if this person “accidentally” ran into a tree or whether this person decided to check out and bring Paul along with him.

It just seems surreal and unlikely/odd that he should die as a passenger in a single car accident with a tree.

This is so sad.
Rest in peace, Paul. :(

Anastasia @ 12/01/2013 at 9:03 am

That’s just horrible… RIP Paul. :’(

what the.. @ 12/01/2013 at 9:42 am

and over on twitter, morons are tweeting a photoshopped “death” pic of him…he died in a fiery car crash and the coroner has not even been able to definitively identify the bodies but the morons on twitter believe that pic is really him..SMH…..Rest in peace Paul.

@2 fast 2 be furious: “Rest in piss?” Really???

‫كل من عليها فان ويبقى وجه ربك ذو الجلال والإكرام

jon inwood @ 12/01/2013 at 11:58 am

@Mrs. Gaston: It’s hard to believe that this is true. Mr Walker was such a talented actor and a very sexy man.

This is so shocking and sad. Fast and Furious won’t be the same without Paul. Sad for the F&F family. Sad for his beautiful daughter, family and friends. A guy with good heart, charitable, pays it forward, talented and a good father. Gone too soon.

Anyone ever saw Eight Below? That’s where I first saw his acting. Amazing movie. People should rent it.

From Paris with Love @ 12/01/2013 at 12:55 pm

I have no words :’(

Vloyalist @ 12/01/2013 at 1:37 pm

RIP Paul Walker. You died while helping to raised funds for your charity work that includes my country Philippines to help those people who suffered from typhoon Haiyan. We will forever grateful for your good deed. God Bless you Paul. May you find peace now.

@iKing Trust:
Paul’s official twitter and facebook accounts comfirmed that.

I am so sorry 4 u man.
You entertained and inspired so many people.
Spilner would not have crashed that car.
A great actor and a good looking beast !
Goodbye Paul , you will be greatly missed.

Vaya Con Dios !
God Speed !

-G

I can’t believe U have gone man.
U have provided so much inspiration and entertainment.
Spilner would have not crashed that car.

Goodbye Paul and God Speed !

-G

I am always sad... @ 12/01/2013 at 3:31 pm

When a person dies too young and/or by something unnatural like a car crash and/or other tragedy. I didn’t get start watching any of his F&F movies until last year. Then I watched them all and have been looking forward to the next one. Walker really seemed like such a beautiful person with a kind spirit. He was an actor, but he was also more like a regular guy. He didn’t seem to take himself too seriously. Prayers go out for his family and friends. God’s comfort and peace.

Mirabelle @ 12/01/2013 at 4:14 pm

I’m so sad and shocked by this news! rest in peace Paul!

Nooo!!! Why couldn’t it have been Kim Kardashian?! This is so sad.

http://media.heavy.com/gallery/photos-paul-walkers-deadly-car-crash-pics/paul-walker-crash-1.jpg I’m about to get in an absolute shock right now! Do these grey kind of fabrics cover the bodies? For real now?