Joe Jonas: I First Smoked Weed with Miley Cyrus & Demi Lovato

Joe Jonas: I First Smoked Weed with Miley Cyrus & Demi Lovato

Joe Jonas opens up about sex, drugs, and the Jonas Brothers breakup in this brand new piece he penned for Vulture.

Here’s what the 24-year-old singer had to share with the site:

On losing his virginity: “We decided to take the rings off a few years ago. I lost my virginity when I was 20. I did other stuff before then, but I was sexually active at 20. I’m glad I waited for the right person, because you look back and you go, ‘That girl was batshit crazy. I’m glad I didn’t go there.’”

On experimenting with pot: “The first time I smoked weed was with Demi [Lovato] and Miley [Cyrus]. I must have been 17 or 18. They kept saying, ‘Try it! Try it!’ so I gave it a shot, and it was all right. I don’t even smoke weed that often anymore. I was caught drinking when I was 16 or 17, and I thought the world was going to collapse. But I was in another country, and it was legal there. My 21st birthday, I fell down a flight of stairs. I was unconscious that time, and my whole team was scared to death that somebody was going to get a picture. Now I appreciate wine or a vodka-soda at the end of the day every once in a while.”

On his relationships: “When I was 20, I started dating Ashley Greene, and she was my first serious relationship. We were together for almost a year. I was living out in L.A. by myself, and at the end of the day, long distance didn’t work. It’s incredibly difficult. I did a cover story with Details acknowledging the relationship, and the day after it was on newsstands, we announced our breakup. That was just coincidence, but it’s funny how that always happens, right? After Ashley, I took two or three years to just be single. I was hooking up and having fun. Now I’m with someone I really care about. We get each other.”

On hooking up with fans: “And, yes, I’ve dated fans. I can’t say that I’ve never put a foot in that world; there were times when I definitely took advantage of the opportunities I had. I remember I invited a fan to a movie, and we just made out the entire time.”

For more on Joe, visit Vulture.com!

Cutiestaynz @ 12/01/2013 at 11:23 pm

Wow someone’s feeling open

Now we know Ashley greene took his virginoty. He did not hold back at all on this interview lol

Spilling and name dropping bc no one cares about u n ur bros cool story bro

I like his honesty about it all

Whoa. Was not expecting that.

and we know now that that “batshit crazy girl” would’ve been taylor swift. BOINK!

when he take it up his bum

Wow I thought It was a gentleman and a good guy not perfect but a good guy. I can’t believe He mentioned Miley and Demi I mean you can say you smoked weed but there’s no need to say names! that’s just not ok. also there wasn’t necessary to mention his age while dating Ashley when He said He was 20 when losing his V card. He so thirsty for attention since Jonas Brothers are nothing now. how sad he’s disgusting.

I think he lost his viginity with Camila bielle.

wow.. really? you’re still irrelevant joe.

these jonas guys are just DYING to get some attention and all their attempts are failing miserably. it’s kind of hilarious.

Okay so first I’d just like to say no I don’t believe the stuff he said, he basically has no career left, so he’s trying to get some money by doing interviews. When he was 17, Demi was only 14, and she wasn’t even famous yet. Demi and Miley weren’t friends then, do you remember the whole Miley & Mandy vs. Demi & Selena Youtube thing?? Miley and Demi didn’t start hanging out till they were in 16/17, so I highly doubt they were doing drugs at 14 together. Joe is a known liar, he basically admitted to a bunch of **** in his interview anyway.

He lost his virginity to Camilla Belle and she dumped him in July 2009. I remember hearing about him crying afterwards in some concert…singing some sad song. Oh well, gotta get some publicity somehow right?

is he really THAT desperate for some attention? Now that the jonas brothers is no longer a band, nick has moved on his with his bad, kevin has his own tv show and danielle, joe is left with nothing but his ‘juicy’ CONFESSIONS. lol.

The fact that Miley and Demi were 15 and pressuring a 18 year old Joe Jonas to smoke weed kind of makes me laugh

@lui:
He was only 18/19 when he dated Camilla. It most likely was Ashley Greene who he lost his virginity to, especially if he deemed her as his first serious relationship.

@Cutiestaynz:

i know, right. lol! what was he on when he did this interview?

This is what people want to hear! We like to hear the truth, that’s what makes a story. Society make celebrities try and stay on top a high pedestal but they’re just like the rest of us.

lol Goooooo Ashley Greene!

So trashy. He’s a class act for putting all that info out there….

Seems a little biased towards making himself seem trapped and the good guy…IDK, don’t think this is the complete honest story, just his sugarcoated version.

wake me up i fell asleep, what did he say 1

@Effy: He broke up with Camila in 2009 which would have put him at 20.

TastelikeCandy @ 12/02/2013 at 12:39 am

Joe is an idiot. This whole interview screams it. His girlfriend is nasty as hell. You can look right at her and tell she is flying high most of the time. Plus can we all agree she looks like a transsexual. When his money and fame is gone, she will be too. Wise up Joe just because she likesto suck your teeny peeny doesn’t me she is sticking around for a long time.

So he went from good Christian boy to hooking up with everyone in just a few short years lol. Nice Joe. Very classy.

Nothing he talks about in this interview is any different from what 99% of teens/young adults do…and people make fun of him for being too pure, but chastise him now for being too open. Get off your high horses people and stop being so judgemental and hypocrytical.

Wow, funny how things are starting to slowly come out. Now that Jonas Brother are no longer.

I’m happy for his honesty and finally finding the right time to be able to come out about some scary things that have happened in his life.
I never really liked Disney ever since that Vanessa Hugdens pictures that were leaked on the net.

@Sutton:
I agree with you, I’m sick of people being so judgemental and hypocritical about him and other stars that have gone through the same **** as him.

I wanna hear about the other stuff he did

Christina @ 12/02/2013 at 2:05 am

Omg, I actually thought it was a bit shocking to read this. He didn’t really say any shocking things, it’s just the fact that he’s so honest about it. I would certainly not say the things he just said. He maybe felt like saying it because he’s out of Disney and the Jo Bros.

interesting.
I thought he was gay.

he’s very effeminate.
not attractive.

Loves gossip @ 12/02/2013 at 2:40 am

After reading this, I now believe that Joe might actually be straight!!!!

I smell something and it’s not weed it’s a lawsuit.

johncarter @ 12/02/2013 at 3:18 am

smoked his firstcock at 14

Wow! Actually I dont really care about any celebrity who just wants this kind of attention! Drugs, drinking, partying? Really? Ok, we knew that but i dont think there is a reason to promote this kind of life! Its such a bad example! Especially if you wanna call yourself an actor/singer whyyyy would you say these things? The things people do for fame!!
Hmmmm…shouldn’t there be a “dislike” comment in the title of this article by jj?you dont publish something like that like its ok to happen! No, no, no!

@Effy: it wouldn’t have been ashley greene because he started dating her when he was 21.its possible it was actually Demi as Joe broke up with Camille Belle before he turned 20.

Looselipz @ 12/02/2013 at 5:12 am

TMI dude. I’m sorry but 2 of these brothers seem very gay to me. I don’t find any of them attractive at all. They all need to shave their ugly facial hair. The calling out was totally unnecessary for his interview.

wow joe. this dude has truly outdone himself. keep victimizing yourself, fruit cup. and the name dropping, that’ll get you no respect. oh, you’re getting death threats now? who do you blame for THAT??

is this all gossip sites pick up on…on the full interview, he said that his relationship with demi was all for the publicity. he said he never loved her and he took advantage of that. talked about her like she never was a best friend. classy. CLASS ACT.

living in a box @ 12/02/2013 at 5:52 am

is he still wearing his promise ring?

@talia:slight modification to my comment, it either was demi or ashley but i always thought he started dating ashely after he turned 21

no can do @ 12/02/2013 at 7:12 am

why does everyone in Hollywood have to do drugs?! there all going crazy. try to stay sane people!

The batshit crazy part. He must be talking about Taylor Swift

He is just completely seeking attention. The jonas brothers broke up and now he doesn’t have the fame he used to (jonas brothers are old anyways). Is there like a problem with just saying “i smoked weed”? Is there a problem with just saying “i lost my virginity”? He is obviously seeking attention!!!

If you want to read what I wrote about this article check out my blog!
willikilliams.wordpress.com

@Ashley: Why name people? That’s just trashy and wrong.

well , you are gross.

what is the point of this article? he is clearly promoting bad values and morals. he should be ashamed of himself.

@karen: yeah, sounds more like he needs to go to confession rather that to the New York magazine

Annabelle @ 12/02/2013 at 2:38 pm

The fact that Demi and Miley who were like 3 YEARS younger than him pressured him into smoking weed is hilarious! How do you get pressured into doing anything illegal by 14 year olds? Btw didn’t Miley and Demi hate each other at that time?? LOL

@talia: From Joe himself: “When I was 20, I started dating Ashley Greene, and she was my first serious relationship.”

LOL Trying to stay relevant

@Ashley: @Ashley: dude…i dont really care about any of these people…but as for the name dropping/weed thing, im not even a fan of hers and i know her favourite thing to do is “shock” everyone with her weed-smoking. it’s just a bunch of dumb kids so who cares?

Wow. Someone is desperate to stay relevant.

@lana: Um no he doesn’t read the article again. He said he dated demi, but didn’t want to break up with her because he wanted to be there for her since she was having such a hard time. He felt bad for her, he wasn’t a bad guy to her. Seriously, though why are you trying to make him look so bad.
The fact that he was this honest about himself really says a lot about him and I mean that in a good way. Anyone on here who thinks him talking about this stuff is bad and wrong needs a wake up call, this is very typical young adult behavior that he described. Don’t act like he is a bad guy for being young and wild. Most people wouldn’t be this open about their lives and I think it is GREAT that he is. He did some stupid stuff when he was a teenager, who hasn’t?
Hypocritical, judgmental, gossip site lurkers. GOSH

He totally lost his virginity to Ashley Greene. I mean, it’s not a coincidence that he said he lost his virginity when he was 20 and then goes and says “When I was 20, I started dating Ashley Greene…”
I also remember very specifically that he took his purity ring off while he was dating her.

Lmfao okay does anyone really care? The Jonases are completely irrelevant.

Haha ! I’ve been waiting for this interview for YEARS ! I can’t believe .. actually I can believe that I fell for all that purity christian family bull. Looks and Managers go a LONG way. Fooled me. RIP JB Band.

Joe Jonas is a jackass. Some people praise him for his “honesty” but if you want to tell “your” story then talk about what YOU did not what you want people to know that others may or may not have done. Neve\r once yet when Demi told her story have I wever heard her say anythingt about Joe & his obvious drug problkems – she did not drag him & only spoke of her own issues – the same goes for Miley she has not told things about friends or associates – when she said weed was better thnan booze she never once said anything about anyone else. I’m so sick of these celebs especikally the jeallous females tthat always feel the need to say negvative things about other female celebs in a oh so “innocent” way – you konw they are only doing so in an attempt to make pepole see how “much better” they are than the one they just “shaded”. Hats off to Miley & Demi for not shading anyone.

MEEEEEEEEE @ 12/02/2013 at 9:06 pm

knew it they only wore the purity rings so fans and their parents could like them and but their sh!t…..I am sure this little story he told is just half of what the truth really is…btw he should cut his hair he reminds of a terrorist

Joe has gone “Batshit” crazy. Jonas brothers have gone fishing and baiting their hooks with a ex-celebrity tabloid news hoping for a bite of attention. I’m sorry Joe, but you and yours brothers are no longer relevant. It’s time to move on.

I would be willing to bet that all the negative comments about Joe Jonas are from crazy Taylor Swift fans.

@Tom Cat: hahahahahahahahaa your comment as well as your opinion are by far that most irrelevant **** I have every read
really??????? Taylor Swift?????no one gives a sh>t about her or their relationship>>>>>>suck it up and live with the fact that no ONE wants them anymore aNd could care less about him, his brother and his OTHER brother>>>>>>time to move on and become the next Hilary Duff

there was no need to name drop.. He could have just said that had weed without using anyones name.. he just looks like an idiot and it acing immature. I mean it’s you’re own amn fault for listening to 14 year olf girls.. idiot. I’m so disappointed in that

I think the weed is making him a little schizo. Messed up article.

Phil 3-19 @ 12/03/2013 at 5:47 pm

I can’t even begin to imagine how his parents feel about all this. How did he go from being a church kid to THIS? And even if he did, why “glory in your shame” and broadcast it to the press?

DIRTY LAUNDRY anyone?

WTF! Dam this boy can spill, is he bisexual to? dam. Hes talking talking talking I hope hes saying the truth and not making crap up to get back at his brothers. don’t they come from a church family? this will destroy them! Dam and hes a douche for real just like taylor and demi have said. SMH Disney its time for you to close that stupid channel look at your creations

@MMMMM: @MMMMM:

Looks like another Bat **** Crazy Taylor Swift fan trying to hide who they really are.You’re busted. Time to come out of the closet. HaHaHaHaHaHa.

Vomit Comment @ 12/04/2013 at 8:41 pm

*****!!!

@Anna: not everyone makes mistakes as a teenager and if they do they man up and say it not pretend to be someone there not only to have fans and parents which means $$$$ so they can later have a tell all when they are no longer famous