Rita Ora Joins 'Fifty Shades of Grey' as Christian Grey's Sister

Rita Ora Joins 'Fifty Shades of Grey' as Christian Grey's Sister

Rita Ora has joined the cast of the highly anticipated new film Fifty Shades of Grey!

The 21-year-old singer will be playing the role of Mia, who is the outgoing and adopted sister of billionaire character Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan), according to THR.

“It’s official! I’ve been cast in @FiftyShades of Grey as Christian’s sister Mia. #FiftyShades,” Rita tweeted.

Rita‘s acting career includes a cameo appearance in Fast & Furious 6, as well as a role in the British film Spivs. She is obviously best known for her music career, which has produced three consecutive number one singles in the UK.

Fifty Shades of Grey will also star Dakota Johnson, Eloise Mumford, Luke Grimes, Victor Rasuk, Jennifer Ehle, and Max Martini. The film will hit theaters on February 13, 2015.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Rita Ora joining Fifty Shades of Grey?

Photos: Getty
Posted to: Fifty Shades of Grey, Rita Ora

Christopher Polk/Getty

WHAT?

Are they making Fifty Shades a PARODY? I LOVE JAMIE DORNAN, but the female casts their casting is absolute JOKE!

I think I’m going to REALLY PASS THIS ONE and just wait for Netflix

what the hell…

This is a joke….Right?

stephanie @ 12/02/2013 at 5:18 pm

You’re having a laugh right??

well that just seems really random. None of these people seem to fit the roles at all, but I guess we all had our own visions of what they would look like….

This movie’s going to be a crap!

And did y’all hear KATIE HOLMES IS SLATED FOR MRS. (ELENA) ROBINSON???? WTF?? They casts the males right but the female casts are absolute JOKE!

What are the casting people thinking and doing?
If Jamie Dornan put on some muscle, he would be perfect!!
But the women…what?? Betty White would be better playing them all.
She looks better than them all so far!! Better actress than them all too!!
Plus 2 versions??
Hello, greedy money-grabbers!!
Fire the entire cast excluding Max and Jamie and get some new crew because I smell a flop!!

This movie is officially a joke.

I was on board…until now.

trash meet trash

A bunch of bull. Definitely not watching now.

It’s just all about making $$$$ from desperate lonely women…that’s all. Basically, they’re the ones who are going to shell out money for this crap.

EndOfTime @ 12/02/2013 at 5:30 pm

this movie is a joke anyway

I havent read the bool nor am i a racist. But a white person has a black sister? Thats weired.

Creo que nadie se va a ver esta Película.

Adopted sister… Sorry i didnt read all the info above.. Lol

@Candice: yes you are, cause if you read clearly it says adopted sister, doesn’t mean they are biological siblings

…sadly this movie just like crappy Twilight will make money because there are alot of lonely females who fantasize about these characters and out of curiosity will still go see it.

@Candice: But Rita Ora is not black!!! She is from Albania. Thats in Europe.

its all about the healing of Billionaire Grey , who cares how the actors look , just imagine Twilight cast because this is what E.L. James did

How about giving the job to an actor, ya know someone who’s actually studied and has a passion for the craft instead of giving the opportunity to some ****** rubbish attention-seeker.

This must be a joke, right? Who is casting this film? What the hell is Eirka James doing? She’s ruining her books with the choices. I thought the people involved made good films, I guess not. Razzie awards, here they come. This is horrible. Really, out of every single person in this world, actor or not this cast is the best they can do? I thought Mia was stunning with slick black hair cut into a bob. OMG! Forget about the movie, and stick to the books.

They must be jk,,, Rita ora is not fit to be his sister.. What I imagined Mia to be and what they have casted… it’s just so wrong in every level!

@Grace:

Oh man I’m so confuse I picture Mia for that girl in Pretty Little Liars. the female castings is a JOKE!

what the…..STOP TRYING TO MAKE RITA ORA HAPPEN, SHE’S NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

@Candice: she’s not black.

What the $%^&??? I always knew this film would be awful but this is gonna be worse than I thought. Get ready for Showgirls 2.0.

She should not bleach her hair. It looks so unnatural with her dark Slavic features. She looks like she has implants or a padded bra. She is so funny looking and cheap. No wonder she dated a Kartrashian. The only difference between Rita & Kim is that Rita can sing.

Definitely not who I had in mind for Mia. Even if she were to dye her hair black it still wouldn’t work…. Rita’s personality is quite different from that of Mia’s but hey, if she is gonna act the part she better act it properly and convincingly as well.

@nm: OMG I JUST DIED LAUGHING AT THIS! I DON’T KNOW HOW TO FEEL EITHER, JUST WHEN I WAS STARTING TO WARM UP TO THE CAST… UGH I GOTTA SLEEP ON THIS -_-

Really I was not going comment on the casting but I don’t see her as Mia Grey. I really wanted Samantha Barks as Mia. Yes the girl who play Esponie on Les Mis

I don’t get the casting for this at all. Jamie Dornan is great in The Fall withGillian Andrson, but he is no Christian Grey. Dakota Johnson is way too old for the role. And now this. I’m not going to bother seeing this as I don’t want the images I have of the characters from the book ruined by this very poor casting.

@Kaci: The Betty White thing got me, I can’t stop laughing.

Why, cause they look so much alike?

Whoever does the casting is doing an awful job! Jeezzz!!

Okay so I’ve been one of the positive fans for this movie until this …. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!?

Are the casting people drunk??
This is awful!

Wtf?? Mia is caucasian and she is described as tall in the books. Her and Mrs. R and the only 2 described as tall and Rita is only 5’5″! Dakota and Eloise are both taller than her and their respective characters are supposed to be more petite. Rita looks nothing like Mia even with raven hair. This is such a joke! Is this team incompetent or something? What a joke this has become.

Whoever is doing all the casting needs to FIRED! This is a JOKE just like Dakota, Jamie, Luke, and all the others! What the hell is this team doing?? I wonder if EL James got so caught up in the hype of the movie being made that she is letting it all slip.

@Candice: Actually you trying not to be racial just made it more racist, seeing as Rita Ora is of middle eastern heritage and not black. plus they clearly said adopted sister of Christian Grey.
the movie will be a flop, the actors chosen will have to show depth, which i don’t see happening.

NOOOOO!!! This has to be a joke, really… She can’t play Mia, she’s not fit for the role. And here I was, so excited!

LOL’sssssssssssss

Is there another version of the BOOK where the characters are like those cast that maybe wasn’t released? The choices so far are jokes! I smell a drastic Failure of this movie that had potential to be good.

@lol: you are very likely correct ,,,,,, sad but true !!!

WTF??!! SERIOUSLY??? She is totally not what I have imagined when I read the book. So wrong choice for a cast. What the hell is wrong with the crew?? I can now smell FLOP here. tsk. tsk. tsk.

Seriously? The script must be sooooo bad the producers are soooo lack of confidence they are desperate enough to decide investing in a well known singer coz they know their leads are so lame can’t bring in box office revenue.
Can’t wait for Feb. 2015 to see how big this flop will be!
And Charlie what a smart lucky guy you are!

Yeah, next bring on Katie Holmes as Ms. Robinson and Cara Delevingne as Leila. And bang! Your circus feast is ready to go. So brilliant you are producers, writer, and director. Totally can’t wait to see!!

Rita Ora everyday is in English tabloids

@Maria: They almost didn’t cast the male roles right either. Luckily the fans stepped in and helped professional casting directors who have worked for years in the industry to do the job they obviously are incapable of doing and judging by these moronic female castings it’s obvious the people making this do not know what they’re doing.

Wwwwwwhat??????…not really!?

stephanie @ 12/03/2013 at 5:16 am

Didn’t know Mia was mixed race

SUCH A JOKE. I’m so not watching this movie

She’s not actually from ALBANIA. She’s from Kosovo…. anyway Kosovars do speak Albanian though and consider themselves as Albanians.

Rita Ora look white…she doesn’t look black….sry

@Maria Katie Holmes is rumored to be playing Leila, not Elena.

IS THIS A MOVIE OR A JOKE?!?! @ 12/03/2013 at 1:50 pm

WHAT THE F*CK??????????????????… THIS MOVIE HAS GONE FROM HUH? TO LOLLLLLLLLLL .. GET IT NOW, WHILE ALL THE FANS WERE TAKING THIS MOVIE AND THE ARTISTRY OF IT SERIOUSLY, THEY -TEAM MORONS 50- WERE GOING DOWN THE LIST ON HOW TO MAKE THEMSELVES MORE MONEY..PATHETIC, NO LONGER TAKE ELJ SERIOUSLY NOR THE DUMBA$$ES AT UNIVERSAL. WHAT A F*CKIN JOKE THIS HAS BECOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT WATCHIN THIS, NOWAY!

Is this real???seriously?? @ 12/03/2013 at 2:07 pm

count me in on the GROWING fandom that WONT be watching this colossal joke…this movie HAD so much promise. NO MORE!!! ELJ has said she’s “petrified” of this movie. she should be, its an EXPENSIVE PIECE OF SH*T!!!

greedy hollywood! @ 12/03/2013 at 2:16 pm

I think they need to scrap the whole cast & go back to the drawing board can there be a cast more boring lack-luster unsexy & unthrilling & down right foolish hello this is a story of S&M not the Mickey Mouse Club!!!! wont be watching this garbage!!!

NO.MORE.INTEREST. @ 12/03/2013 at 2:57 pm

THAT.IS.IT.
NO.MORE.
HOW.MUCH.BAD.CASTING.CAN.GO.INTO.ONE.MOVIE.?
DONE.
NOT.WATCHING.IT!!!

this IS a joke, right?? @ 12/03/2013 at 3:05 pm

what do an egomaniac producer and doorknob producer, inexperienced writer making a film, a dimented director, a sh*t script, and the worst casting director EVER add up to—–> fifty shades of colossal BS!! not watching this garbage.

thank you for this, wasnt sure about watching the movie after the ridiculous choice of dakota for anna debacle, but now KNOW WONT BE GOING TO THE THEATRE IN FEB 2015. thanks!

Rita looks like an exotic salsa dancer……Mia is tall, smart, enthusiastic, lively — and cute like a breath of fresh air. Rita and Mia don’t match up. :(

horrible casting!! @ 12/04/2013 at 12:13 pm

sam taylor johnson has taken EL James beloved story and completely stripped it of the version that made it so popular to begin with! her BS arrogance in trying to make it SO different from what it is originally is has completely F*ckd up the very story line that everyone fell in love with..the casting of rita ora is the last draw. not watching the movie. NOT interested in sam taylor johnsons BS version.

@Maria: That’s how I pictured Mia, too!