Phil Robertson's Family Refuses to Film 'Duck Dynasty' Without Him

Phil Robertson's Family Refuses to Film 'Duck Dynasty' Without Him

The Robertson Family has just released a statement saying that they refuse to film their hit reality show Duck Dynasty without patriarch Phil Robertson, who was suspended by A&E over anti-gay comments he made to GQ.

“As a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty,” the family said. Read the full statement inside the post.

A&E announced the suspension on Wednesday night and said “we are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson‘s comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty.”

The suspension has elicited a debate all across the country about first amendment rights and whether Phil should have been suspended for voicing his own opinion.

DO YOU THINK Phil Robertson should have been suspended from Duck Dynasty?

Click inside to read the Robertson Family‘s full statement…

We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. The family has spent much time in prayer since learning of A&E’s decision. We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word. While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Phil would never incite or encourage hate.We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right.We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty. Again, thank you for your continued support of our family.

Photos: A&E
Posted to: Duck Dynasty, Phil Robertson

• Chris Brown and Drake are collaborating on a track together- TMZ
  • Cory Monteith's dad opens up on his death after one year- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Mitchell has signed on to star in Members Only- Just Jared Jr
  • When will Blake Lively go live with her new lifestyle website?- Lainey Gossip
  • Mariel Booth shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 » Show All

I think everyone should behave themselves and be the same… Just like me.. yea,, that’s it
At some point when you grow up you realize that a perfectionist view of the world is not real and won’t work. No, you will never rule the world. Your anger at certain other’s opinions just ends up being your own projection on to them, it hits a spot with you. Live and let live.. it gives you more time live your own life with a clear head.

@Great!: ………no need to call them jerks tho. remember the whole ‘hateful’ thing :D

@Vee: yea you’re so right! let’s watch other tv like kanye and kim! YAY! kids watching tv!

Why shouldn’t he express his opinion? Is it illegal? Should straight people feel offended every time they see a homosexual man or woman speaking about their beliefs? I don’t think so. This whole “political correctness” is ludicrous. It’s nothing else than the dictatorship of the minority. Maybe it will be a shocking surprise for some people but gays and lesbians are not the majority in our world. Straight people are. Why sould we be afraid to show the rest of the community our true selves? A little more tolerance dear gay people, please! :)

Liberals are so open-minded…until you disagree with their opinion. God-forbid you take a stand on what you believe! These open-minded liberals will slaughter you! Well….wake up. Not everyone is afraid of your liberal bullying. Your politically correct intimidation does not work on all of us. Some of us chose to respect God and believe what He says in His Word. I would rather be found on Judgement day siding with God then cowering before Liberal Bullies. Who is with me?!!!

Bible truths @ 12/20/2013 at 5:07 pm

Romans 1:26-27
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
1 Timothy 1:9-10
The old testiment and new are connected. The prophets foretelling the coming of Christ the Messiah etc. Yes, it is true that the law of the Jews was finished with the death and resurrection of Christ, but the moral teaching remain for our benefit and the consequences of following immorality never changes not always in our physical being but in our spiritual relationship with God. Ex: Divorce other than adultry is not approved. Consider the dimise of the family unit.
Some laws were made for the advantage of the times, and many remain for our benifit such as mixing milk with meat. Every nutritionist knows that is not good for digestion. A little wine for the stomach but reproof for being a drunk. etc.
The Lord doesn’t stand over us with a bat waiting for us to mess up. He loved me enough to die for every sin I will commit and have in the past. He literally became my sin for me and payed my sin debt and made me worthy to be called a child of God. If you were the only person on earth He would have done the same out of love for you.
the moral lessons and warnings are there IF you call yourself a Christian. There is discipline connected to being a Christian. A work in progress. Let the Bible be your guide and not be influenced by outside opinions.

who cares, this show sucks!

SandyFeet @ 12/20/2013 at 5:58 pm

@Joya: It is obvious YOU NEVER listen to the FULL interview on Sarah Palin. What Bashir said is an offense against a conservative woman. There is no excuse for that and the idiot Basbir is not even an American to criticize our own. You are a fool.

I think the show should stay because like it or not, everyone is a bit racist from ignorance or a bad experience. ^_^

Right-To-Have-An-Opinion @ 12/20/2013 at 6:40 pm

I’m so embarrassed to be an American anymore. We can have a president that acts like an idiot & puts stupid music videos out there, but we can’t have a tax paying citizen state his own ‘belief’. When you suppress freedom from one, you suppress freedom for all. We’re not talking about this dude imposing his belief on anybody; he’s simply stating them. Our founding fathers established this country with the sole purpose of people being able to choose their own religion & beliefs. This kind of action threatens that constitutional right. I support a person’s right to “say” that one supports homosexuality just as much of a person that “says” one doesn’t. Then I support his/her right to live that lifestyle for oneself. I ‘m sick & tired of Americans trying to turn America into a communist country! I sincerely hope A&E suffers negative consequences for their communistic action. A person should never be punished for having an opinion. It’s opposing those opinions on others that stepping out of bounds.

Lise Leveillee @ 12/20/2013 at 6:44 pm

I LOVE YOU PHIL ROBERTSON ALL THE WAY UP HERE IN CANADA. Speak your mind and quote the Bible and love God. Nothing better my friend. Praying for you.

A suppose we can put ol’ Phil up on a cross now and stick a spear in him since he’s the new martyr for the Christian Right. Last year, it was the Chick-Fil-A Chicken being branded as the new saint of Christianity for standing up for all that is Holy Matrimony in the eyes of the Church. These folks want to be on the wrong side of history with their public criticism of homosexuality but cry fowl (pardon the pun) when their own bigotry is examined in a public light. Batter and fry all the nonsense at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2012/08/holy-rollin-poultry-on-cross-chick-fil.html

Being a Christian comes down to this: Having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and giving your life over to him. You decide you want HIS will to be done in your life rather than your own. If you do that, you’re going to start living in holiness because he will direct your steps through his Holy Spirit. You’re going to begin to desire to be as much like Jesus as possible and you’ll be constantly changing and putting away bad behaviors, habits, etc. and walk and talk with him daily. This is what God does in the life of true believers. He changes them into new people with new desires.

A&E is a gay supporting station. Hopefully they will lose millions and shut down.

————————————————–
Good Riddance. In fact A&e should do better; THEY SHOULD CANCEL THE SHOW. The world is already full of hate filled people. I don`t want to watch another on screen.

@freya: Too bad A & E : Duck Dynasty merchandise is a $400 million business, with half of that total coming from Walmart alone. And a look at the Walmart website today shows many Duck Dynasty items “out of stock online,” demonstrating that fans of the show and supporters of Robertson are buying it all up just in time for Christmas. Duck Dynasty will probably find a home elsewhere. I believe in the freedom of speech and the freedom of religion. Both interconnect. Imagine all the sermons every weekend people listen to. People can cherry pick about what they believe, that is their choice, but once you start punishing people for what they say they believe a red line has been crossed. A & E made an issue of picking sides, when it should have remained neutral.

It bugs me that anytime someone doesn’t agree with gay marriage they are considered homosexual.
Homosexual is being hateful towards someone who is gay, not simply stating that your religious belief doesn’t agree with gay marriage.
It’s his personal opinion and it wasn’t hateful or harmful to anyone whatsoever. Why are people allowed hating and slandering the church openly and it is encouraged, yet the other way around isn’t accepted?

Yes, his comments weren’t necessarily worded the best, and could be considered slightly ignorant
But the main point is he spoke them as his opinion, not in a hateful way.

People believe in freedom of speech… as long as it’s their opinion?
Makes no sense.

Haters Suck! @ 12/21/2013 at 2:22 am

This is not a free speech issue. Free speech says the government can’t infringe on your rigt to say whatever u want. This guy has the right to say what he wants but a&e has rights too. Go up to your boss and call them a fat piece of crap and see how long it takes for you to get fired. And conservatives are tolerant? Talk to a conservative about gun control and watch how intolerant they get. Never got why this show is so popular anyway. It’s a bunch of rednecks making duck calls. Big whoop. What’s the appeal?

Lilah @ 12/21/2013 at 1:08 am 03

I think you mean homophobic. Homosexual means you ARE Gay. Otherwise I agree with you.
If you are secure in who you are it shouldn’t matter what anyone else thinks. There are a lot of opinions that I disagree with, but I’ll stand by anyone’s right to say what they want as long as it’s not threatening or inciting others to violence. Yes, A & E can suspend or fire him, but they’d just be shooting themselves in foot. Duck Dynasty is their highest rated show EVER. The Robertsons awere millionaires before the show and they will be millionaires after the show. A & E need them more than they need A and E.

@Haters Suck!: I think its wrong for any television station to pick sides regardless of the issue. A&E has been on Earth how long vs. the Bible? People have the right to hear both sides and choose for themselves without a television station trying to manipulate and influence society towards their views and belief system. Punishing Phil Robertson is A&E’s way of saying OUR WAY OR THE HIGHWAY. The US has taken crosses & prayer out of schools, religious icons out of gov buildings, the word God out of hymns and pledges & now you see television trying to do the same. Music with nasty lyrics, movies with sex and foul language and immoral stories fill the airwaves, yet they turn the other cheek and remain silent. I feel its stations like A&E that want people to think that Christmas is all about Santa Claus, when its true meaning is about the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. Give A&E and other stations a few years, and I’m sure that’s what the next generation is going to believe.

sighnomore @ 12/21/2013 at 9:10 am

It’s funny Christians/Republicans can say all the hateful and bigoted things they want under the guise of free speech but when someone criticizes a christian or a republican for those comments it’s an attack on free speech. I’m so sick of seeing this family faces plastered on everything in every store I go to, I’d be more than happy to have it off the air if it keeps me from seeing them everywhere. Also Phil is an idiot to speak for African Americans and say they were happier before the civil rights movement. Oh and Phil Nazi’s were Christians and so was Hitler read Mein Kampf he says “I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord..” no replace jew with gay and Mr. Robertson’s comments in GQ sounds a lot like Hitler’s. Oh, and Phil there was actually a bunch of wars and other atrocities started in the name of Christianity like the Crusades, the Salem witch trials the list goes on and on. Oh and to the people yelling that the fact A&E canned him is an attack on free speech or that Obama is some how behind the war on Christianity shut up and take a civics class! They are a privately owned business meaning they have all the right to fire him over something stupid he says, because it’s their business.

Real Truth @ 12/21/2013 at 10:05 am

Good – less WHITE TRASH on TV…..this is a show about white trash for other white trash to watch. Pathetic….love it when people find the Lord, then start hating! Hypocrites those bible thumpers are as usual.

@Real Truth: I had to laugh because you are calling them hypocrites and label them White Trash, not once, but 3 times. Someones feelings are hurt.

Haters Suck! @ 12/21/2013 at 11:35 am

@lenoard
But it’s A&Es company, their network. They make the rules for how they want their company run so yes it is their way. I don’t always agree with decisions made at my job but I like my job so I go along with it and if I have a chance I privately speak to my boss about my concerns. One day hopefully when I’m the boss I can change things I don’t like. I’m a God loving, God fearing Christian and am proud of my religion. But I don’t agree with the majority of the churches stance on the lbgt community. I live in New Mexico and just this week the state became the newest state to legalize gay marriage. I have no problem with that. If two people love each other and want to get married no matter who they are that’s none of mine or yours or anyone else’s business. While i love my faith I understand not everyone believes as I do. That’s why I really have no problem separating church from school. That is a church and state issue. If students want to pray that’s fine. But it should not be on the school to direct them too.

@25 What he said was HE never saw……that being said my father worked in the fields with both black and whites. It wasn’t uncommon like movies show for families and black and whites to be working in the fields. Even my husband worked in shade tobacco when growing up and once again all races worked in the fields. Now, shade tobacco is a thing of the past and they have machine for most crops. So what you see more of today is Mexicans in the filed picking tomatoes that is what is real and happening along with small farm families white and black in the fields. One shouldn’t make hate where there isn’t hate. Yes, of course people were mistreated but that is still happening today in all races and cultures.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 » Show All