GMA's Robin Roberts Thanks Girlfriend Amber For Support

GMA's Robin Roberts Thanks Girlfriend Amber For Support

Robin Roberts has publicly acknowledged her longtime girlfriend Amber for the first time in a new Facebook post.

The 53-year-old Good Morning America anchor wanted to thank those closest to her for being supportive during her Myleodysplastic Syndrome diagnosis and treatment.

“I am grateful for my entire family, my long time girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together,” she wrote.

Robin took an extended medical leave from GMA in 2012 while recovering from a bone marrow transplant. We are happy to hear she’s doing great one year later!

Click inside to read Robin‘s full Facebook post…

“Flashback 12/29/12….Hard to believe this was 1 year ago today..when I reached a critical milestone of 100 days post transplant…and KJ was finally allowed to come back home.

Reading this comforts me and I hope the same for you: ‘If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.’

At this moment I am at peace and filled with joy and gratitude.

I am grateful to God, my doctors and nurses for my restored good health.

I am grateful for my sister, Sally-Ann, for being my donor and giving me the gift of life.

I am grateful for my entire family, my long time girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together.

I am grateful for the many prayers and well wishes for my recovery. I return every one of them to you 100 fold.

On this last Sunday of 2013 I encourage you to reflect on what you are grateful for too.

Wishing you a Healthy and Happy New Year.

Peace, love, and blessings to all..XO”

A&E

You mean to tell me Robin is gay. I am shocked…NOT!
One of the worse kept secrets.

I thought she’d NEVER admit to it. She’s a beautiful, strong lady!

There will come a time, when this will not have to be announced. No one will care either way.

She is incredible. Thank you for sharing the powerful quotes.
Strength in the new year! Should it matter if she mentions her other half?

Get off your high attitude @ 12/29/2013 at 6:09 pm

Why not come out when the weather man got married double ceremony!
He was gay not one referral from Robin the diek .!

So tomorrow she should come out ! And bring her girlfriend lover
On the shows!

We in Ontario have a gay Primiere Kathleen Wynn! Just her
What about the public support means nothing .Parading her
Self all over the awardshows.. As if she is someone special Not!
Everyone gets cancer get off your high attitude !

I actually didn’t see this coming – she struck me as a very tough woman, but not a lesbian one. but whatever, she’s awesome, I like her a lot and really like how she’s handled her illness in the spotlight; a really brave woman

Obviously @ 12/29/2013 at 6:32 pm

She’s a great interviewer – tough and smart – and her sexuality is her business – but it’s good she’s come out as it affirms that it’s no big deal.

More power to you Robin, you are one tough lady!

@kelli: I’m with you, I would have never guessed in a million years she was in a relationship with another woman. I’ve always liked Robin and wish her the best but it does seem kind of strange to me.

ms robin — i saw you in key west 8-9 yrs ago .. i didn’t get to say hello ..you were stayin’ in at the windham.. do your thing ms ma’am…. And peace to you & yours..

yuck
won’t watch again
that grosses me out

lolo

kidding

who cares
why do people think it’s important to broadcast their sexual preferences
I don’t want to know, gay or straight
it’s intimate and private

@Get off your high attitude: your a real Pig. Go back to where you came from. Probably under a rock.

Chris from Ontario @ 12/29/2013 at 10:42 pm

@Get off your high attitude:

Get off your high attitude, you’re a true piece of work. I rarely comment (maybe once on JJ?) but have to here. A homophobic comment? A slur? Not the norm for the province I’m from. Embarrassed to share one with you no matter what your obvious personality disorder is.

If being gay is no big deal why do the celebrities announce it. Maybe the straight should announce that.

well, well @ 12/30/2013 at 1:00 am

I had a feeling she was up to something, relationship wise. You never hear about her dating a man or anything. Well to me she could have kept that info to herself.

FaithHillFANatic @ 12/30/2013 at 3:04 am

I am glad that Robin has someone to lean on during a time in her life that not many people will ever experience. Robin is the true definition of a survivor. Rather if she is gay or not, does not matter. She is a human and is deserving of love, unconditional, real, knock you down kind of love. I am glad that she has that type love in her life. Congrats Robin for finally living FREE. God Bless.

@Patsy: I have an announcement to make> I’m going to take a p e e e at 3:45 in the morning

Joneblaze @ 12/30/2013 at 3:45 am

Who didn’t know she was a lap lounger? DUH

Straight people don’t make announcements that they are straight. I find it interesting that gays do make announcements that they are gay. I guess because they no it is not normal.

Woops, meant know not no.