Cameron Diaz: Just Cause You Can Chew It & Swallow It Doesn't Mean It's Food!

Cameron Diaz: Just Cause You Can Chew It & Swallow It Doesn't Mean It's Food!

Cameron Diaz shows off her fabulous figure on the cover of Self magazine’s February 2014 issue.

Here’s what the 41-year-old actress had to share with the mag:

On what fitness means to her: “I fell into fitness by accident. But it’s become something I depend on physically and emotionally. I feel so much more empowered now.”

On fighting Taco Bell cravings: “I saw a Taco Bell yesterday—it made my stomach scream. If I had nothing else to do, I would be, like, ‘Three bean-and-cheese burritos and give me some nachos with extra cheese sauce!’ I would so kill that s—. But what I’ve learned is that just ’cause you can chew it and swallow it and poop it out doesn’t mean it’s food.”

On quitting smoking at 27 to train for Charlie’s Angels: “I love the science of the body, and I love to give information and see people utilize it in their own lives. I want women to know that it’s never too late to start paying attention to their bodies. Until I started training at 27 for Charlie’s Angels, I didn’t. I literally quit smoking a month before. I was, like, ‘Ugh, I’ve got to do this training. I guess I should stop smoking now.’ We trained eight hours a day, seven days a week for three months, and I was dying. Crying every day. On Monday, I wondered how am I ever going to do this, but soon enough, I had a six-pack. At 27, I wasn’t consciously saying, ‘I’m doing this for when I’m 41.’ But at 41, I’m saying, ‘Thank God I started at 27.’”

On her fitness now: “I’m definitely not in the best shape of my life. I had a couple of hernias fixed last summer, so I took six weeks off to rest and heal—and see what happens if I have a liter of olive oil a week. It was sort of an experiment [Laughs]. If I wasn’t cooking, I was eating. It was amazing! I put weight on and loved it. But as soon as I went back to my normal workout and eating, I dropped it. I was, like, Where’s my booty?”

For more from Cameron, visit Self.com.

cameron diaz covers self february 2014 01
cameron diaz covers self february 2014 02
cameron diaz covers self february 2014 03

Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
Dustin Lance Black @ 01/29/2014 at 12:22 pm

My BF gives me a protein shake to swallow every morning.

just because u are photoshopped doesn’t mean you are not a duckface

Does she mean Taco Bell’s food is unhealthy? McDonald’s is unhealthy too.

Taco Bell is the worst! I don’t understand how people still eat that crap. Celebrities seemed to love Taco Bell. Taco Bell haven’t been the same since the 80′s.

Diet and exercise can’t fix your face, Cameron.

@True:

Nothing can fix your ugly personality.

Like she would die from one taco. Sad to be so sick with eating disorders and orthorexia.

Who cares if she quit smoking for 5 minutes at age 27, there are dozens of pictures of her smoking since then. How can she be so delusional about it?

yeah, right... @ 01/29/2014 at 2:05 pm

So she’s practically phobic about eating an occasional bean and cheese burrito, but she’s fine with smoking? That is so messed up. But not surprising.

QueenOfTrashin @ 01/29/2014 at 2:33 pm

This picture is sad, just sad.

Life is too short. Have a taco now and then just not every day, week or month. So tired of these actresses so obsessed with how they look. She is a superficial as Kim Kardashian.

humdinger @ 01/29/2014 at 4:43 pm

Skinny women LOVE being skinny. They love feeling in control, especially these days when most of the population is out of control and obese. Diaz is basically naturally thin, but it’s a good thing she’s paying attention to her eating habits because she is going to need those skills in around 10 years or so.

I love Del Taco myself.

60-65yr Man @ 01/30/2014 at 10:42 am

Now hold on, hold on, the last we want is to see is the old days when windows were blacked out to hide the view of old men washing themselves publicly in bathtubs next to the street.
Women need good night lights on the streets, such as groups for ‘take back the night’, ‘rising v-day’ to highlight women’s rights and cancer survivor groups to encourage women to live longer. Meaning would pale in comparison if women didn’t have a say.

Companion Script @ 01/30/2014 at 12:56 pm

Advice is like the snow; the softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon, and the deeper it sinks into the mind. – Coleridge.

Dirk_Reese-Fan @ 02/01/2014 at 9:15 am

Yep, it´s (nearly) never too late to start paying attention to the body !
***
And it´s good, that Cam is so sporty, yep ! That´s even good for the neuroplasticity of the brain, yep !
***
Of course, the earlier someone begins to do sports, the better it is.
But it´s always important to avoid exaggerations, yep !
Exaggerative sports are harmful for the body. Everybody must find the right intensity of sports. And it´s an individual way.
***
BTW: Even sex can be interpret as a kind of sport. If the session has a longer durance, it has the same effect like jogging – as long as it lets increase the frequency of heart-beats, yep !
I think that cellulites can be simply f*cked away, yep !
Therefore all the hubbies and their wifes should know what to do, yep !
But – of course – sex is just an aspect (a piece) of a greater definition of love.
***
“THE GREAT LOVE” IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING, YEP !
***
And Cam knows that, too, I think.
***
CAM-POWER-FOREVERRSPORTSCANBEEXPERIENCEINMANYWAYS, yep !
***

Explain why phosphorous trichloride (PCI3) Is polar.
- god made it that way.
Name a pair of vertical angles.
- up, down.
Briefly explain what hard water is.
- ice.

Companion Script @ 02/05/2014 at 9:39 am

God Is In Every Tomorrow,
Therefore I live for today,
Certain of finding a sunrise,
Guidance and strength for the way;
Power for each moment of weakness;
Hope for each moment of pain,
Comfort for every sorrow,
Sunshine and joy after the rain.
God is every tomorrow,
E’en in the dark I will follow,
Trust where my eyes cannot see.
Stilled by his promise of blessing,
Soothed by the touch of His hand,
Confident of His protection,
Knowing my life is planned.
God is in every tomorrow,
Life with it’s changes may come,
He is behind and before me,
While in the distance shines Home!
Home – where no thought of tomorrow
Ever can shadow my brow,
Home – in the presence of Him,
Through all eternity – now!
~ author unknown.
…..Matthew 6:31-34, Hebrews 13:5, Romans 12:2, Philippians 4:8-9.

Gigantesque naturel et il y a un conseil parfait puissant dans ces mots, envoyés à vous pour la bonne chance. Le grand sourire dit l’amusement, une dame, empathetic, la vie de fête, magnifico supplémentaire.
L’amour à première vue, ne riez jamais des rêves de quiconque, l’Amour! profondément et passionnément, luttez assez! Ne jugez pas les gens par leurs parents. Conversation lentement : un vrai ami est quelqu’un qui arrive pour votre main et touche votre coeur.
—–
Beaucoup de sayings remarquables que j’ai entendus récemment, des gens que je connais pas où : l’amour est une nuit romantique dans, l’amour est partout, l’amour est amusant ‘n’ flirty, l’amour est sexy, l’amour est partout, votre mon bonbon – goergous trop juste.
Si vous avez besoin de moi pour un spray de hâle ou la lotion frottent, je veux dire, je le ferais, j’ajouterais même 30 jours du fait de remorquer libre.
Congatulations pour un chanteuse dans les caractéristiques prochaines, la plupart de mérite. Vous méritez toute l’attention le lapin blanc, mon amour.

How to Say I Love You-
Turkish……….. Seni Seviyorum
Hungarian…….. Se Ret Lay
Persian………. Du Stet Daram
Maltese………. Jien Inhobbok
Catalan………. Testimo Molt

Dirk_Reese-Fan @ 02/08/2014 at 10:57 am

Of course, the comments 20 and 21 seem to be very interesting – somehow !
***

Companion Script @ 02/10/2014 at 1:51 pm

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Hormis le fait que je mélange en plus avec la neige que le soleil que j’adore l’été. Jours de film sont permutés pour l’après-midi au bord de la piscine et café perdant à cocktails.
Sublime à tout le moins, je dois avoir été un idiot de ne pas reconnaître cette jolie fleur avant, comme regarder le regard de l’Iris. mon amour.

In The Days When The World Was Wide
THE world is narrow and ways are short, and our lives are dull and slow,
For little is new where the crowds resort, and less where the wanderers go;
Greater, or smaller, the same old things we see by the dull road-side -
And tired of all is the spirit that sings of the days when the world was wide.
When the North was hale in the march of Time, and the South and the West were new,
And the gorgeous East was a pantomime, as it seemed in our boyhood’s view;
When Spain was first on the waves of change, and proud in the ranks of pride,
And all was wonderful, new and strange in the days when the world was wide.
Then a man could fight if his heart were bold, and win if his faith were true -
Were it love, or honour, or power, or gold, or all that our hearts pursue;
Could live to the world for the family name, or die for the family pride,
Could fly from sorrow, and wrong, and shame in the days when the world was wide.
They sailed away in the ships that sailed ere science controlled the main,
When the strong, brave heart of a man prevailed as ’twill never prevail again;
They knew not whither, nor much they cared — let Fate or the winds decide -
The worst of the Great Unknown they dared in the days when the world was wide.
-by Henry Lawson.
Delighted with people and their customs, your cool too ms Diaz, a vision of greek loveliness and modest overtones have not dampened any adventure that would come my way, my grateful thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All