Naya Rivera Talks Having Kids One Day: Big Sean Will Make a Great Father

Naya Rivera Talks Having Kids One Day: Big Sean Will Make a Great Father

Naya Rivera is hot hot hot on the cover of Cosmopolitan for Latinas magazine’s Spring 2014 issue, on newsstands February 4.

Here’s what the 27-year-old Glee actress had to share with the mag:

On her fiance Big Sean: “I think he’s going to be an amazing husband, and he’ll make a great father someday. He’s so kind to people, but he also wears the pants in our relationship, which I love. We Latinas are very independent and strong, so it’s even sweeter that I’ve found somebody who can let me out of that role for a minute.”

On getting ahead when times were tough: “I was very resourceful when it came to getting a job. I was the ultimate liar on a resume. At the tender age of 19, I said I had a bachelor’s degree; they never checked! Even when I didn’t have much, I always acted as if I had everything I wanted. Latin women are go-getters by nature. We have a certain charm and finesse that gets us what we want.”

On indulging in her domestic side: “Latinas are really great nurturers who are great to our men; we love hard and we love to cook. The other morning I woke up and was like, ‘I need china – this table needs to be set all the time!’ Focusing on those things is where I’m at right now.”

On wanting her future kids to learn Spanish: “It sucks because I have no one to [speak Spanish] to, but it’s something I need to learn when I have kids. They need to be fluent.”

For more from Naya, visit Cosmopolitan.com.

naya rivera covers cosmopolitan for latinas spring 2014 01
naya rivera covers cosmopolitan for latinas spring 2014 02
naya rivera covers cosmopolitan for latinas spring 2014 03
naya rivera covers cosmopolitan for latinas spring 2014 04

Credit: Marc Baptiste/Cosmo for Latinas
Posted to: Magazine, Naya Rivera

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All

This drag queen isn’t even fluent in Spanish. It’s okay she wasn’t raised with the culture, but she’s got to stop lying eventually.

dumb bunny. not sure what about this chick that rubs me the wrong way. it could be that she is straight overrated as all get out!

siennagold @ 01/29/2014 at 12:44 pm

I didn’t even recognize her in the cover. Thought it was Kerry Washington.

@Say: She is. Not a very good one but she is.

So much racial profiling…

@Casey: right? Damn.

@siennagold: You deserve a slap.

Scew Haters @ 01/29/2014 at 12:53 pm

Naya you are beautiful and even more talented than 95% of Hollywood barbies.

Melissa B @ 01/29/2014 at 1:21 pm

@Say: What is she?

Melissa B @ 01/29/2014 at 1:24 pm

If I said “We Anglos are like this, we anglos are like that” what would happen. Please stop stereotyping. I know plenty of ‘Latina’s who aren’ t like that. Even my friend who’s from Costa Rica gets irritated when she heard another ‘Latina’ goin’ on about how they’re all about family and 10 family members come to a parent conference and blah blah blah, my friends was like yeah right we are not all like that.

So honest and lovely. I love you Naya.

She has the most amazing body. You can see her abs muscle flex here.

Beth Anne @ 01/29/2014 at 2:01 pm

I know this is for a Latina magazine, but It’s sad she never mentions being half black as much you’ll hear her mention being a non Spanish speaking Puerto Rican.

Her face does look weird in the cover.

@Tomika: you’d be surprise. Don’t judge a character by their stage name.

And she didn’t say she can’t speak Spanish. She said she wants her kids to be fluent.

Beth Anne @ 01/29/2014 at 2:39 pm

@Oh: She does not speak Spanish at all, I’m not even sure if her father speaks Spanish. The few times she’s had to speak Spanish on Glee it’s been cringe worthy. She said she wants her kids to be fluent mostly because she isn’t.

ure not even Latina, ure a damm mongrel. And stop stereotyping Latinas. Other than that ure as irrelevant and talentless as always. And messed up ur face badly

I’m Cuban and I don’t speak Spanish (yeah, shocker, eye roll), there’s lots of Hispanic ppl that don’t speak Spanish in the states for the reason that we live in America, it’s not mandatory to speak Spanish here but it doesn’t make us any less Hispanic than Spanish speaking hispanics (sorry but it’s the truth, it’s only the Hispanics that expect other Hispanics to know Spanish right off the bat which I find really ignorant, expect it in your country in central or South America, not here ok). It depends on the parents if they want to teach their kids Spanish so why do u need to put down naya when you should be blaming her parents.

Melissa B @ 01/29/2014 at 4:46 pm

@Beth Anne: I thought she was 1/2 Spanish, 1/4 Black, 1/4 White?

Beth Anne @ 01/29/2014 at 5:03 pm

@Melissa B: No. Maybe her mother could have a white parent or grandparent I have no idea. When Naya was a child actor she mainly played black roles and I’ve never heard of a 1/4 black actress going for black roles, no matter what her skin complexion is….

CastilianGirl @ 01/29/2014 at 6:06 pm

She is not 1/2 Spanish! Spanish people are white European not colored and Latinas are white with Spanish features and descendant from Spanish people. Plus she had a nose job to make it look more like a white Latinas nose.

ha I lie on my resume all the time. I graduated with honors in Physic. lol

Also that NAYA hat is rad. I want it.

She looks hella tan and fake in the cover photo than the others photos.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All