Cheerios Super Bowl Commercial 2014 ft. Biracial Family (Video)

Cheerios Super Bowl Commercial 2014 ft. Biracial Family (Video)

One of the more heartwarming commercials that aired during the 2014 Super Bowl on Sunday (February 2) came from Cheerios!

The commercial featured a biracial family and refreshingly didn’t make any mention of the fact the parents were of different races.

In the ad spot, the father tells the little girl named Gracie that she is going to be getting a little sibling very soon. She says its okay, as long as she gets a puppy. A little smart one right there!

WHAT DID YOU THINK of the Cheerios Super Bowl commercial?

Cheerios Super Bowl Commercial

Click inside to go behind the scenes of the commercial…

Behind the Scenes Video

Mike Coppola/Getty
  • Rihanna reunites with her ex-boyfriend Drake in NYC- US Weekly
  • Jackie Chan is ashamed of his son after weed bust in China- TMZ
  • Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson rocky romance rumors completely false- Gossip Cop
  • Ariana Grande streams four new songs from her upcoming album- Just Jared Jr
  • Sin City co-director Frank Miller remembers Brittany Murphy- Huffington Post
  • Johnny Depp's daughter Lily Rose is heading to the big screen- Lainey Gossip
  • Selena Gomez kills the fashion game yet again- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Loved it! What a cute commercial.

My poor Broncos.

oh yeah, it sure was refreshing that they didn’t put arrows next to their heads indicating he was black and she was white. Unlike the heading of this article.

I can’t believe this post was even created with that angle.

How is the fact that it’s a biracial family relevant exactly?! Is that still a taboo?! And I thought it was 2014…
By the way, these commercials are always awful, i don’t get those people who say “oh, I watch the Super Bowl just for the commercials”; what’s there to see? They’re always terrible and cheesy! Usually the best commercials are from European countries!

Gracie is a little cutie.

It was really cute. It floors me that anyone could find anything the least bit controversial about these commercials.

The post was in response to the “controversy” that the commercial has supposedly created. Have you not heard about all of the backlash Cheerios is getting?

I’m guessing that the headline indicated that it was the Cheerios commercial with a biracial family because the first Cheerios commercial with the biracial family pissed off a lot of racists. It was a pretty big story a few months ago.

Cute little black girl…can’t see why anyone would have an issue with this.

I was wondering if it’s even relevant. I am British and also mixed-race and I am used to seeing mixed-race families shown on our commercials so I don’t get the big deal of what the writer of the story is getting at. Why should they bring it up in the advert? They are there to sell a product not tell the world they are a mixed-race family as they already know they are. I find it a little offensive by what the writer wrote.

@ Fangdang @ 02/02/2014 at 9:06 pm

Because there have been a lot of people who thought that the commercial featuring this family was controversial and should not be aired on television. The writer is not making up the controversy — this so called controversy has been happening for a few weeks. A bunch of idiots complained to General Mills.

@ Fangdang Tee and Ouch! @ 02/02/2014 at 9:23 pm

@Fandang: I am bi-racial as well and have friends who are bi-racial. Not only do I love that Cheerios made this commercial, but I feel that I need to defend this post in regards to it bringing attention to the bi-racial family aspect of it. Normally I would agree that there’s no need to point it out (I also feel the same way when media indicates which children a celebrity has adopted and which is biological. It shouldn’t matter as long as its their child, no matter how it came to be.) Anyway, back to the commercial, in this case I feel that it was nessecary to bring up considering the terrible backlash Cheerios got for their first bi-racial family commercial last year. As another comment pointed out, it IS 2014 and it’s more than common for people to have bi-racial families and it shouldn’t be something that should “offend” people. I find it more offensive that people think its up to them what type of families are allowed in commercials. If you don’t like it, too bad, this is reality.

Jaminxica @ 02/02/2014 at 9:33 pm

It will never happen but…how about it was a great commercial end of story. There will never be a day where race won’t come up or be a factor. Cute kid and I’m glad she’s getting a puppy! :)

Love the commercial, well done Cheerios!!!

The commercial was great.
Bruno Mars was great.
Poor Broncos.

I LOVED this commercial. Loved it so much me and my family did our own version of this, just, uh…switched this other way around. ;-)

smart girl

@tee:

It was mentioned because the first commercial featuring this family was met with all kinds of racist venom.

No, it shouldn’t matter but thanks to the tea party, there are a whole lot of racists out there who have found a new voice and a new pride in their hatred and ignorance.

@Ouch!: then go live in euro *******.

Put Gracie in a cereal bowl and give me a spoon. I can eat this little girl up, she’s so precious.

It was absolutely disgusting!

I don’t know what is worse the actual racist commercial or all the self loathing guilty white a$$hats that feel compelled to defend it.

I was hoping that Kellogg’s would have made a commercial in the 2nd half where Tony the Tiger mauled the entire family.

From the comments above, I doubt that Cheerios will be remembered – but “biracial will. How quickly people can get off topic!! Get a grip and focus – the Cheerios commercial was cute and the little girl cuter!! EOS

nelson rodriguez @ 02/03/2014 at 3:58 pm

nelson rodriguez @ 02/03/2014 at 4:03 pm

@Ella: jagIt was the worst and most nasty commercial i have ever seen,it was so nasty that i forbided my family from ever purchasing any products from this company ever again,it was a good commercial until the white trash, why couldnt they keep it simple, excuse me i have to go vomit

nelson rodriguez @ 02/03/2014 at 4:17 pm

nelson rodriguez @ 02/03/2014 at 4:22 pm

Some people may think that this was a good thing but i believe it just made things worst,do they think that because a white woman is getting banged by a black man people are going to buy more cherios? I dont think so l only know one thing,WHITE TRASH.no puppy. Get her a zebra

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All