Opera Singer Renee Fleming Sings the National Anthem at Super Bowl 2014 (Video) - Watch Now!

Soprano Renee Fleming sounds like an angel while singing the National Anthem at the 2014 Super Bowl on Sunday (February 2) at the MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

The 54-year-old renowned opera singer gave a gorgeous rendition of the song before the big game between the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos.

“Before the @Broncos & @Seahawks square off in the #Superbowl, I’ll be performing the national anthem. Tune in to @FoxTV at 6 EST to watch” Renee tweeted earlier in the day. “Thanks everyone for all the supportive Tweets!” she added after her performance.

FYI: Renee is wearing a custom Vera Wang black long sleeve gown with pleated accent at the waist and an ivory silk faille floor length wrap coat with exposed shoulder and hand draped detail.

Renee Fleming Sings the National Anthem
opera singer renee fleming sings national anthem at super bowl 2014 video watch now 01
opera singer renee fleming sings national anthem at super bowl 2014 video watch now 02
opera singer renee fleming sings national anthem at super bowl 2014 video watch now 03
opera singer renee fleming sings national anthem at super bowl 2014 video watch now 04

Photos: Getty
Posted to: 2014 Super Bowl, Renee Fleming

ABC

Reneee is a Goddess! @ 02/02/2014 at 7:56 pm

Beautiful voice!!!

Juan MANUEL @ 02/02/2014 at 8:28 pm

Wow, it was beautiful, such a lovely voice and an elegant woman.Loved it

don’t know her but she had an amazing voice. I like when they do a good job of the anthem and don’t mess it all up

JustChill'n @ 02/02/2014 at 10:49 pm

I’m sorry all, but… this woman SUCKED!! We had a houseful of people & EVERYBODY… even the dog… was cringing by the time she was done. She sounded like a howling grandma turning into a wolf of something.

JustChill'n @ 02/02/2014 at 10:49 pm

I’m sorry all, but… this woman SUCKED!! We had a houseful of people & EVERYBODY… even the dog… was cringing by the time she was done. She sounded like a howling grandma turning into a wolf or something.

Renee Fleming sang the National Anthem with such patriotism; an awe inspiring presentation! She sang with such conviction, a refreshing change.

What a performance! How refreshing compared with some of the renditions I’ve heard in past Super Bowls.

@JustChill’n: Your comment says more about you than about Renée’s performance. The only purpose for that kind of comment is to be mean because you can. An education might help.

nissi-n-philli @ 02/03/2014 at 4:08 am

Renee’s , performance was, very simply put, as awesome, as it was elegant!! Next to Aretha, Renee is 2nd in charge and to all who claimed not to have liked the phenominal performance, oh well, “u can’t make a silk purse, out of a sow’s ear.” I place blame on the parents for not exposing their children to nothing more than, waiting in line all night for a pair of sneakers, on a school day!!!

JustChill'n @ 02/03/2014 at 11:04 am

@Judy West:

What’s ignorant is thinking that others have to have the same opinion as yourself. I have a masters degree, but it’s my associate of arts degree that makes me more inclined to say that this lady SUCKED!!

You may have two degrees, but you’re clearly lacking in culture. Oh, and my Bachelor’s degree in MUSIC, makes me more inclined to say you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about.

@JustChill’n: I actually meant that comment as a reply to you:

nissi-n-philli @ 02/03/2014 at 1:43 pm

Just chillin, your degree appears to be more about “with whom” U associate, as oppose to your ” AA;” after-all class / culture, speaks for itself! It’s not your choice of music, it’s the “notes u/r belting out! At least Renee sang with “conviction,” in other wordS she OWNED THAT SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a superb performance by a superb artist. unfortunately, there are those who are incapable/too unrefined and insensitive to appreciate virtue. it’s a reflection of the degradation of American culture in general. tweaking captures more of the American culture nowadays.