Philip Seymour Hoffman Dead at 46

Philip Seymour Hoffman Dead at 46

Philip Seymour Hoffman has died, according to Variety.

The 46-year-old actor was reportedly found dead at his apartment in New York City.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Philip Seymour Hoffman

The cause of his death has not been determined. Stay tuned for more details.

Philip, who was an Academy Award winning actor, played Plutarch in the highly acclaimed Hunger Games franchise. It is uncertain what will happen to his character in the upcoming films.

Our thoughts go out to Philip‘s friends and family during this difficult time.

Click inside for all of the news regarding Philip Seymour Hoffman‘s death…

Philip Seymour Hoffman – Dead from Apparent Drug Overdose

Philip Seymour Hoffman Death – Family Releases Statement

Philip Seymour Hoffman Was Found Dead with Syringe in His Arm, Possibly Heroin Nearby

‘Hunger Games’ Stars React to Philip Seymour Hoffman‘s Death

Philip Seymour Hoffman Had 7 Days of Work Left on ‘Mockingjay’

Philip Seymour Hoffman‘s Showtime Series ‘Happyish’ in Limbo

Photos: Wenn
Posted to: Philip Seymour Hoffman, RIP

• Heidi Montag congratulates Lauren Conrad on her wedding - US Weekly
  • August Alsina collapses during a performance- TMZ
  • Sharon Osbourne blasts U2 for their free album- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Perry has joined the cast of CSI: Cyber- Entertainment Weekly
  • Martha Stewart slams Gwyneth Paltrow- Huffington Post
  • Read a review of Keira Knightley's new film Laggies- Lainey Gossip
  • Jerry Seinfeld honors Joan Rivers at an award show- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Cora Keegan shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

OMG WHAAAT?????? Is this really true???

HOLY ****. I really hope it wasn’t drugs….

whaaaaaaaaaaat??? no no – hope it’s just a rumor..

This is unbelievable just too sad one of the greatest actors ever, god be with his family omg i’m just too sad may he rest in peace

Josephine @ 02/02/2014 at 1:55 pm

No, no, no, no, no! Please, let that be a hoax. I can’t believe it, I don’t want to…

Devastated @ 02/02/2014 at 1:57 pm

No!!!!! This is a great loss. 46 is just too young to go. Surely this is some kind of a hoax. Please let this be a hoax…..

Disgruntled Sleepyhead @ 02/02/2014 at 1:57 pm

This news has just completely blindsided me! RIP :(

I will miss you.
good actor.

whoa great actor RIP
don’t do drugs

Noooooo, I can’t believe it! Maybe a heart condition? So so so sad, I loved him.

A few months ago he went to rehab for heroin abuse. He’s kept a pretty low profile, so it kind of went under the radar. Very sad.

WHAT?! Tell me this is 4chan

So it seems to be true. Really sad, what a waste of a greatly talented actor. Drugs are really a poisonous part of the Hollywood culture. Too many greats end up dead before their time

Why is everybody so shocked by this?! It was known that he used to be an addict!

R.I.P. My favorite actor and a lovely man. :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

When I read about him going to rehab I was happy cuz I was hoping he’d find it him to fight those addictions and it’s sad that they beat him instead .What an effing loss.What an actor this man was.Rest In Peace Philip;I wish you could have won the battle but just sleep now.We won’t forget you or your talent

p.s:prayers to his family and close friends

No puedo creerlo, uno de mis actores favoritos, uno de los mejores de Hollywood. Simplemente no puedo creerlo

Thanks Jared. It’s hard to believe he was only 46. Same age JFK was when he was shot.

Omg, no way…

So so sad…

How terrible. I thought he was a terrific actor. I hope he is at peace now.

No no no no

Oh no no no no no..

What a shame. So talented and with young children too. Life is very unfair at times.

It’s hard to believe he was the same age as JFK.
PSH was aging horribly.

This is sad and so surprising. RIP.

Not so surprising to me but still shocking. He was supposed to be in a film Child 44, and they replaced him mid film. This was after he got out of rehab. I don’t believe he had started his role – it was a small one but still. I knew then he must have fallen off the wagon again because there were rumours at the time.

NOOOOOOOOO I loved him!!!!!

This devastating news made me cry. What a genius. We have lost a good man. I love him, and I don’t even know him. I ache for his family, children, colleagues and anyone who has had the pleasure to meet him or see his genius on screen. Darn, I am too sensitive. This news hit me like a brick.

I love you, Seymour. I hope you are among angels now.

?!! 46! not fair , one of the really best

We just lost our finest American actor. Really sorry to hear this. He was a very talented actor who stood out on the screen and he should have had a long and distinguished career. Condolences to his family.

He was found dead of an apparent drug overdose — in the bathroom with a hypodermic needle still in his arm. Heroin was found in the pad. TMZ said he began using prescription pills, then snorted heroin for about a week before realizing he needed help. WHAT A BIG LOSS. He was endowed with great talents. How many great actors/singers did we lose?
RIP

here’s a nice tribute to the great man he was http://tinyurl.com/pshtribute

ripphillip @ 02/02/2014 at 2:56 pm

more info are here about this tragic tragic tragic lost !! omg !! http://tinyurl.com/phillipshfounddead

Today is not a good day. One of the greatest actors of all time. Too soon.

Horrible timing. Now he is going to miss the Super Bowl!

Horrible timing. Now he is going to miss the Super Bowl!

This is such sad news. One of my favourite actors and an acting legend in his own time. It is such a loss. He was so young too. I feel so sorry for his loved ones and family.

jack nicholson @ 02/02/2014 at 3:07 pm

I warned him

This is just horrible. And the timing couldn’t be any worse. Now he is going to miss the Super Bowl!

Anastasia Beaverhausen @ 02/02/2014 at 3:27 pm

This is so sad. RIP.

Bummed. He was one of my favorites.

Great actor, Rest In Peace

Don't do drugs @ 02/02/2014 at 3:47 pm

RIP to a great actor. Drugs take too many too soon.

@Elle: He did a stint in rehab last year but he had apparently been clean for 20 years – so he struggled with addiction. Even when you are clean it is a struggle everyday. It just hopefully gets easier as each day passes but we all get thrown curve balls and that is when the siren call of such drugs reemerge and you are tested.

so shocked! such a great actor. RIP

still cant belive it We miss you. you was so fuc….g talent

shelbethegreat @ 02/02/2014 at 5:01 pm

This is shocking. Too young.

@luxx: life is fair whats not fair is someone who has a good life wasting it by been stupid,reckless, and thoughtless, and killing themselves…RIP another druggie gone good

So sad, he was one of the great ones, amazingly talented actor!

NO! Oh, dear God above, no. Oh, what a loss. I hope this had nothing to do with his issues with addiction. This is terrible horrible news. My heart goes out this wonder actor’s family, friends, co-stars, colleagues, siblings, parents, anyone who his life touched. Tragic loss.
~K

@GFW:
Just read that it did. Damn addictions. This is just heart-breaking sad.
~K

hard to muster sympathy for people who use drugs and kill themselves doing so. oh well. hope he died happy doing his heroin. adios.

stop the world i wanna get off @ 02/02/2014 at 9:04 pm

He dies and we are left with Justin Bieber??!!!!

THERE IS NO GOD

@stop the world i wanna get off: What is really sad is if he did not have a relationship with Jesus before he died. If not, this life is all he gets. It was short, and, according to reports, not very sweet.

BMorningstar @ 02/02/2014 at 10:18 pm

@Ouch!: Yes, when you play with heroins you pay. He stupid to get on it in first place. Why he do this?

For the people who don’t understand the scientific nature of addiction or don’t actually believe it is a legit disease, spend some time educating yourself on the subject before you judge or run your mouths. You might a little more compassionate or sympathetic

Incredible waste of talent. Anyone who has any experience with addiction knows it’s a curse.

A great loss @ 02/02/2014 at 11:37 pm

So sad whenever dies a drug-related death like this. I do not know what it’s like to have such an addiction, but I can imagine it must be an awful way to live. Like cancer, I wish someone would find a cure. May he finally rest in peace.

Just so sad that it had to come down to this, had so much to live for but in the end he just lost his way. R.I.P

Oh how my heart goes out to his family. I think 3 children and a almost wife and he had to do heroine. Why? What could he possibly have found in a needle that he didn’t find in these 4 people who surely loved him? I didn’t know him, but I liked his acting. It ticks me off that he had so much and gave it up on a bathroom floor. I cried when my sister called to tell me he died and how. We know what drugs can do and they said he was doing so well. I cry because of what he contributed to the world with his acting. I am not judging. I have a relative who shoots up, and we never know where he is and live in fear, this will happen to him. He has the same family love and rehab over and over. I am mad and sad , because anyone who does drugs, take a look and PLEASE LIVE AND GET HELP.

the performance is over, the curtain is down, and you’re free finally.
may your futher way be full of serene beauty and contemplation.

with huge love from russia…

Dare to be honest @ 02/03/2014 at 9:30 am

@GASTINKS: Amen.

Dare to be honest @ 02/03/2014 at 9:40 am

@GFW: I hear when the response team (From the 911 call) came in, he was found dead with the needle still in his arm. These are choices. He had 2 YOUNG children with his “girlfriend”. Like Ledger. These people are nothing more than druggies. The more we grandiose these Hollywood as****** (Woody Allen, Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin, and another 2 pgs. worth) the more we loose perspective. I wonder how many are guilty of The Good Samaritan Law?!?!?!

He was only 46? he looks about 65-70,

Me thinks.... @ 02/03/2014 at 11:06 am

@stop the world i wanna get off:” He dies and we are left with Justin Bieber??!!!!
THERE IS NO GOD”

Do you honestly think that God wants Justin Beiber?

50 bags of heroin found in his room according too cnn? i think he was trying to kill himself

I don’t follow a lot of entertainment news so I had no idea of PSH’s drug problem. I loved him in Twister. What a waste.

People who have addiction issues are not making sound decisions because surprise they have addiction issues. Addiction is a subset of mental illness and mental illness and brain chemistry is an area that is still vastly understood and even medical science admits they’ve only scratched the surface of how the brain works and you get these comments about how could be he be so stupid. And once again to be an addict and OD crosses all gender, race, income and class lines. Read your daily newspaper. Check the obits.

glass houses @ 02/03/2014 at 1:57 pm

How many people here are overweight or smoke cigarettes and have families. So if you loved your families? Sure death may take longer but oh yeah easier said than done.

Ana Cardiaceae @ 02/03/2014 at 4:01 pm

Philip Seymour Hoffman, was found dead of a drug an overdose. What a big shocker! Everyone in Holly wood is shock that another junky is found dead. Why? Because he was a famous actor, thousands of junkies died of an overdose every day around the word. People with no means to help themselves, but Mr. Hoffman overdose and his death is a tragedy. Mr. Kevin Spacy a tragedy is when people died too soon, people without the means to be help or help themselves. Mr. Hoffman was a man that due to Hollywood overindulgence finally succeeded in his road to self-destruction. I am a mother and a grandmother with no education, obviously, but I can make this statement to Hollywood that these actors are on the road of self-destruction and every time somebody finally succeeds everyone says the same thing “I am shock and what a Tragedy” Rally?, Why is a tragedy Mr. Hoffman succeeded, he finally killed himself. We should praise him. He was going to die sooner or later he finally did it.

@Ana Cardiaceae

Not only do you have no education but obviously only very little compassion.
Philip Seymour Hoffman was a very talented artist who unfortunately had an addiction problem, you are just a mean spirited low life craving for a 2 minutes spotlight on an internet message board!

To honor PhilipSeymourHoffman, focus on overdose prevention, not warondrugs http://huff.to/1fFyb7H

lolmanhoffman @ 02/04/2014 at 6:36 am

Druggie dies and the world mourns just cuz he was famous.
Nice going world!

Such a pity..one of the greatest modern day actors around. This is a huge loss, rip Philip Seymour Hoffman

Dare To Be Honest @ 02/04/2014 at 9:10 am

@Nona: #74 put it out there perfectly. You dumba**! Don’t have to be some scholared whatever to have a life.