Philip Seymour Hoffman Dead at 46

Philip Seymour Hoffman Dead at 46

Philip Seymour Hoffman has died, according to Variety.

The 46-year-old actor was reportedly found dead at his apartment in New York City.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Philip Seymour Hoffman

The cause of his death has not been determined. Stay tuned for more details.

Philip, who was an Academy Award winning actor, played Plutarch in the highly acclaimed Hunger Games franchise. It is uncertain what will happen to his character in the upcoming films.

Our thoughts go out to Philip‘s friends and family during this difficult time.

Click inside for all of the news regarding Philip Seymour Hoffman‘s death…

Philip Seymour Hoffman – Dead from Apparent Drug Overdose

Philip Seymour Hoffman Death – Family Releases Statement

Philip Seymour Hoffman Was Found Dead with Syringe in His Arm, Possibly Heroin Nearby

‘Hunger Games’ Stars React to Philip Seymour Hoffman‘s Death

Philip Seymour Hoffman Had 7 Days of Work Left on ‘Mockingjay’

Philip Seymour Hoffman‘s Showtime Series ‘Happyish’ in Limbo

ABC

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 » Show All

@luxx: life is fair whats not fair is someone who has a good life wasting it by been stupid,reckless, and thoughtless, and killing themselves…RIP another druggie gone good

So sad, he was one of the great ones, amazingly talented actor!

NO! Oh, dear God above, no. Oh, what a loss. I hope this had nothing to do with his issues with addiction. This is terrible horrible news. My heart goes out this wonder actor’s family, friends, co-stars, colleagues, siblings, parents, anyone who his life touched. Tragic loss.
~K

@GFW:
Just read that it did. Damn addictions. This is just heart-breaking sad.
~K

hard to muster sympathy for people who use drugs and kill themselves doing so. oh well. hope he died happy doing his heroin. adios.

stop the world i wanna get off @ 02/02/2014 at 9:04 pm

He dies and we are left with Justin Bieber??!!!!

THERE IS NO GOD

@stop the world i wanna get off: What is really sad is if he did not have a relationship with Jesus before he died. If not, this life is all he gets. It was short, and, according to reports, not very sweet.

BMorningstar @ 02/02/2014 at 10:18 pm

@Ouch!: Yes, when you play with heroins you pay. He stupid to get on it in first place. Why he do this?

For the people who don’t understand the scientific nature of addiction or don’t actually believe it is a legit disease, spend some time educating yourself on the subject before you judge or run your mouths. You might a little more compassionate or sympathetic

Incredible waste of talent. Anyone who has any experience with addiction knows it’s a curse.

A great loss @ 02/02/2014 at 11:37 pm

So sad whenever dies a drug-related death like this. I do not know what it’s like to have such an addiction, but I can imagine it must be an awful way to live. Like cancer, I wish someone would find a cure. May he finally rest in peace.

Just so sad that it had to come down to this, had so much to live for but in the end he just lost his way. R.I.P

Oh how my heart goes out to his family. I think 3 children and a almost wife and he had to do heroine. Why? What could he possibly have found in a needle that he didn’t find in these 4 people who surely loved him? I didn’t know him, but I liked his acting. It ticks me off that he had so much and gave it up on a bathroom floor. I cried when my sister called to tell me he died and how. We know what drugs can do and they said he was doing so well. I cry because of what he contributed to the world with his acting. I am not judging. I have a relative who shoots up, and we never know where he is and live in fear, this will happen to him. He has the same family love and rehab over and over. I am mad and sad , because anyone who does drugs, take a look and PLEASE LIVE AND GET HELP.

the performance is over, the curtain is down, and you’re free finally.
may your futher way be full of serene beauty and contemplation.

with huge love from russia…

Dare to be honest @ 02/03/2014 at 9:30 am

@GASTINKS: Amen.

Dare to be honest @ 02/03/2014 at 9:40 am

@GFW: I hear when the response team (From the 911 call) came in, he was found dead with the needle still in his arm. These are choices. He had 2 YOUNG children with his “girlfriend”. Like Ledger. These people are nothing more than druggies. The more we grandiose these Hollywood as****** (Woody Allen, Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin, and another 2 pgs. worth) the more we loose perspective. I wonder how many are guilty of The Good Samaritan Law?!?!?!

He was only 46? he looks about 65-70,

Me thinks.... @ 02/03/2014 at 11:06 am

@stop the world i wanna get off:” He dies and we are left with Justin Bieber??!!!!
THERE IS NO GOD”

Do you honestly think that God wants Justin Beiber?

50 bags of heroin found in his room according too cnn? i think he was trying to kill himself

I don’t follow a lot of entertainment news so I had no idea of PSH’s drug problem. I loved him in Twister. What a waste.

People who have addiction issues are not making sound decisions because surprise they have addiction issues. Addiction is a subset of mental illness and mental illness and brain chemistry is an area that is still vastly understood and even medical science admits they’ve only scratched the surface of how the brain works and you get these comments about how could be he be so stupid. And once again to be an addict and OD crosses all gender, race, income and class lines. Read your daily newspaper. Check the obits.

glass houses @ 02/03/2014 at 1:57 pm

How many people here are overweight or smoke cigarettes and have families. So if you loved your families? Sure death may take longer but oh yeah easier said than done.

Ana Cardiaceae @ 02/03/2014 at 4:01 pm

Philip Seymour Hoffman, was found dead of a drug an overdose. What a big shocker! Everyone in Holly wood is shock that another junky is found dead. Why? Because he was a famous actor, thousands of junkies died of an overdose every day around the word. People with no means to help themselves, but Mr. Hoffman overdose and his death is a tragedy. Mr. Kevin Spacy a tragedy is when people died too soon, people without the means to be help or help themselves. Mr. Hoffman was a man that due to Hollywood overindulgence finally succeeded in his road to self-destruction. I am a mother and a grandmother with no education, obviously, but I can make this statement to Hollywood that these actors are on the road of self-destruction and every time somebody finally succeeds everyone says the same thing “I am shock and what a Tragedy” Rally?, Why is a tragedy Mr. Hoffman succeeded, he finally killed himself. We should praise him. He was going to die sooner or later he finally did it.

@Ana Cardiaceae

Not only do you have no education but obviously only very little compassion.
Philip Seymour Hoffman was a very talented artist who unfortunately had an addiction problem, you are just a mean spirited low life craving for a 2 minutes spotlight on an internet message board!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 » Show All