Rihanna Supports P6 Campaign Against Russia's Anti-Gay Laws

Rihanna Supports P6 Campaign Against Russia's Anti-Gay Laws

Rihanna wears a long coat over a leggy outfit as she arrives at Il Ristorante di Giorgio Baldi for dinner on Sunday (February 16) in Santa Monica, Calif.

The 25-year-old singer is celebrating her birthday this week on February 20 – happy early birthday, RiRi!

Over the weekend, Rihanna posted a picture of herself sporting a P6 beanie.

P6, which is short for Principle 6, is a campaign that speaks out against Russia’s anti-gay propaganda law. Find out more about Principle 6, and be sure to grab some gear to show your support!

You can also read about P6 in the latest issue of Vogue magazine, where an editorial was featured about the campaign.

rihanna supports p6 campaign against russias anti gay laws 01
rihanna supports p6 campaign against russias anti gay laws 02
rihanna supports p6 campaign against russias anti gay laws 03
rihanna supports p6 campaign against russias anti gay laws 04
rihanna supports p6 campaign against russias anti gay laws 05
rihanna supports p6 campaign against russias anti gay laws 06

Frazer Harrison/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Rihanna looks stunning. I’m happy that she is supporting the P6 campaign.

breezedash @ 02/17/2014 at 11:00 am

Russia just doesn’t afraid to speak up. But it seems like the whole world loves gay people and my country the only one who doesn’t. It’s ridiculous. I’m sure that there are a lot people in US too don’t like gay people. And I think it’s normal. Someone likes it, someone is not. We don’t have to love them

breezedash @ 02/17/2014 at 11:02 am

It looks like JJ received money from someone for writing these negative posts about Russia and Sochi Olympics. Calm down JJ

Lisha_Misha @ 02/17/2014 at 11:02 am

In Russia we all normally refer to gays. It’s just a great PR campaign that puts my country in the wrong position! And it helps to do other popular celebrities!

Lisha_Misha @ 02/17/2014 at 11:08 am

You know nothing about my country. Like a John Snow from Game of thrones.

She is so beautiful.

@breezedash: @Lisha_Misha: Nobody is forcing you to LOVE gay people, but there are people who hunt gay people in Russia in public and beat them. Gay people in Russia are getting punched just because they are gay. This has nothing to do with loving or not loving gay people. Gay people have the right to walk from A to B without being scared for their lifes. And the people who are beating up gay people in Russia arent even afraid to get caught, they even put videos on youtube for everybody to see. This must stop.

Lisha_Misha @ 02/17/2014 at 11:45 am

@Rachel:
Lie and a provocation.
It was just one time. If you look on the Internet, this is in the whole world! In Australia killed a gay man, pushed him in 34 nail. It is a nightmare. These killings and attacks occur around the world. But why Russia is to blame for?
Iran is the most zealously homophobic. Since 1980, when the fundamentalists came to power under the leadership of Ayatollah Khomeini, over 4,000 lesbians and gay men have been executed, according to estimates by the exiled Iranian homosexual rights group, Homan.

@Lisha_Misha: LOL obviously you know nothing about your own country. “In Russia we all normally refer to gays.” thats just laughable. When you just normally refer to gay people, why you need to have anti-gay propaganda laws? Thats not normal refering, thats simply making discrimination against gays rightful.

Lisha_Misha @ 02/17/2014 at 11:49 am

We are not forbidden to be gay. Law on the prohibition of propaganda of homosexuality is designed to protect children.

@Lisha_Misha: Are you effing kidding me. You think just because it happens in Iran its ok that it happens in Russia too???!!! Are you nuts? It doesnt matter where it happens its ALWAYS WRONG. So its ALSO WRONG IN RUSSIA TO HAVE ANTI-GAY LAWS AND BE VIOLENT AGAINST PEOPLE JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE GAY. That I even have to tell you this is just ridiculous. Discrimination is wrong it doesnt matter where in the world it happens. It is no excuse to say it also happens somewhere else, that doesnt make it right for Russia.

Lisha_Misha @ 02/17/2014 at 11:55 am

@Benjamin: LMFAO This YOU know nothing about my country. You believe what you show on TV and write in the magazines. I do not deny that in our country there are problems associated with LGBT, but they are not global, as shown by you.

Lisha_Misha @ 02/17/2014 at 12:00 pm

@Rachel: You’re gay? You’re just so zealously trying to prove to me your opinion.

Some people are just so ignorant it makes me sick to my stomach. Rihanna is stunning though

@Lisha_Misha: Wow you’re just so cheap. I’m not gay, but I wished I was gay, because I really want to know what would be the difference. What is the difference if I was? Discrimination is still wrong. Are you a russian neo-nazi, one of the bitter angry people who beat up gays in public? Because you’re trying so zealously to prove to me that discrimination is ok because it happens in other countries too. By the way you’re the person who is spamming this thread with YOUR “GAY DISCRIMINATION IS OK” OPINION, I guess you’re also @breezedash: . So for me you’re the zealous one.

breezedash @ 02/17/2014 at 12:42 pm

@Rachel:
You get a wrong idea about Russian people. Let me explain. You wrote ‘ why you need to have anti-gay propaganda laws?’ , but hold on a minute. We’re just people and we’re NOT Russian government, we don’t accept these laws. I’m neutral towards gays, I don’t hate them. And a lot of people I know share my position. Just don’t forget about people who live in Russia, not all people share the government’s position.
P.S. Haha)) No, I’m not that girl who you discussed with previously)

julieswooney @ 02/17/2014 at 1:01 pm

Its understand that she supports P6, as she has just come out the closet with her girlfriend, Melissa. They don’t have to pretend that they are just BFF anymore I loved the pictures of them kissing and being affection on Valentine’s Day. Matching braclets too cute.

Why doesn’t Rihanna and all those other phoney celebs speak out against the abuse and the discrimination against gay people in the US? Last time I checked not every US state approves of gay marriage. Gay people are also harassed, abused and even murdered in the US. Fix your own problems first rather then pointing the finger at other countires for the same problem. President O-Does-Nothing also needs stop pointing the fingers at other countires and to fix the problems in his country first. He and all these other so-called celebs are using the gay rights issue to make themselves look good. They don’t really care about them I bet you. I bet Riri or O-Does-Nothing haven’t even got a clue about the rules and laws of Russia.

@breezedash: First I didnt write “why you need to have anti-gay propaganda laws?” that was an other commentator, but you’re the one who wrote “We don’t have to love them” you meant gay people, in defence of the anti-gay propaganda law. So its quite funny to me to first defend the position of your government and now writing you just the people not the government, while definding the opinion of your government. DISCRIMINATION IS WRONG IT DOESNT MATTER WHERE IT HAPPENS. Also russian people should understand that.

@Rachel: You and Riri and O-Does Nothing need to maybe learn about the Russian laws and rules and not believe everything the media is telling you.
Pathetic how this issue has been brought into the Olympics. Its not the place for these things.

Ahahahaha @Rayon: and breezydash and Lisha_Misha its too obvious. Its so funny how you occur on this thread to vehemently defend Russia. First you write “We don’t have to love them” then you write it happens “in the whole world” and now you try again to put the focus on other countries like the U.S. because gay-marriage is not everywhere possible, like it would be possible in Russia please. Then you ask me if I’m gay as if this would prove that this law isnt wrong. Its absurd what you do to defend this pathetic law. And I rather believe the press in West-Europe than the press in Russia. My opinion will not change I dont care how many times russians try to belittle this issue. DISCRIMINATION IS WRONG; NO MATTER WHERE IT HAPPENS.

breezedash @ 02/17/2014 at 2:08 pm

@Rachel:
Wow, you’re very aggressive. Calm down, it’s just the Internet. Do you think that the words ‘discrimination’ and “we don’t have to love them’ are similar? I don’t think so. I repeat, I don’t love gay people, I’m neutral towards them. Is it a discrimination? I think you should pick up some dictionary and read a description of the word. You believe only in your words and don’t listen to others. And I meant our government, and it’s their opinion about gays so ok, but I can do nothing about that law. I didn’t defend this law, you have the wrong opinion. You always write ‘RUSSIAN PEOPLE’. You are so eye-catching it, it looks like discrimination of Russian citizens @Rachel:

breezedash @ 02/17/2014 at 2:12 pm

I just hope that there are American people who don’t think that Russian citizens hate gay people or whatever. Why people because of government’s disagreements have to rail with each other?

@breezedash: You and your other usernames are the aggressive ones. You even wrote that JJ was paid to write this “It looks like JJ received money from someone for writing these”. You’re totally delusional. You write everything to defend this issue. And then you wrote “And I think it’s normal. Someone likes it, someone is not. We don’t have to love them” but there is nobody who is forcing you and nobody said that you have to love them, you wrote it as defense to this disgusting law. And even gave credit to Russia “Russia just doesn’t afraid to speak up.” you write a lot to defend it, just to make it look like Russia is right to bring a law out that DISCRIMINATES gays. Maybe you should first think before you write. You can call me aggressive all you want, it doesnt change that DISCRIMINATION IS WRONG ALSO IN RUSSIA.

Sad how so many support gays and lesbians when God said it’s WRONG. You people don’t realize the consequences for your actions but I’m not surprised since this is satan’s world. May God help us all for we know NOT what we do.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All