Denzel Washington: 'Raisin In The Sun' Press Conference!

Denzel Washington: 'Raisin In The Sun' Press Conference!

Denzel Washington poses for photographs while attending a press conference for his upcoming Broadway play Raisin In The Sun held at The Rose Building on Tuesday (February 18) in New York City.

The 59-year-old actor was joined by his co-stars Anika Noni Rose, LaTanya Richardson, Sophie Okonedo, Stephen McKinley, Sean Patrick Thomas, and David Cromer.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Denzel Washington

Previews of the Lorraine Hansberry play, starring Denzel as Walter Lee Younger, will begin next month on March 8 – Buy your tickets now!

10+ pictures inside of Denzel Washington and others at the Raisin In The Sun press conference…

denzel washington raisin in the sun press conference 01
denzel washington raisin in the sun press conference 02
denzel washington raisin in the sun press conference 03
denzel washington raisin in the sun press conference 04
denzel washington raisin in the sun press conference 05
denzel washington raisin in the sun press conference 06
denzel washington raisin in the sun press conference 07
denzel washington raisin in the sun press conference 08
denzel washington raisin in the sun press conference 09
denzel washington raisin in the sun press conference 10
denzel washington raisin in the sun press conference 11

Uhhmmm, this is a great play but Denzel is way too old to play Walter Lee Younger. This is purely to milk his star status and get the ladies to see Denzel. And charge theater goers a ridiculous amount of money to see a real star on stage.
It’s not about the play.

Rosa Bogar @ 03/06/2014 at 12:07 pm

All the best to all of the actors in the play! I am certain there will be many who have never seen or heard about the play. It honored Hansberry as well. Thanks, for this space to share! Rosa Bogar

Rosa Bogar @ 03/13/2014 at 11:42 pm

“Happy Women History Month” but remember that women will always have men in their lives. They are in their “makeup” WO-MEN

Rosa Bogar @ 03/23/2014 at 10:55 am

I may not be able to attend the play, so I mailed Denzel Washington a card Friday b from Mpls. I hope that he will received it okay! I sent it at the theatre. Thanks, Rosa Bogar

Rosa Bogar @ 04/20/2014 at 6:02 pm

I hope to see my dear friend’s book becomes a play or movie. The “unquenchable Black Fires” is a true history of Dr. Leedell W. Neyland’s who wrote of how he survived this historic fire. He may very well be the last to tell this story of the fire that took the lives of 209 Black Souls. in Natchez ,Mississippi Please contact Dr. Neyland. He is a noted educator, speaker, and author. Thanks, for the space to share Truth!! Rosa Bogar

Rosa Bogar @ 06/20/2014 at 4:34 pm

“Ruby Dee and Ossie Davis served us well with their lives.I am sure they are dining once more. This is delicious. Ruby sent me a card for Christmas,she always encouraged me to keep writing.She and Ossie will not be forgotten and always remembered. A=shaa. Thanks for everything. Rosa Bogar?poet

Rosa Bogar @ 06/20/2014 at 8:03 pm

“Maya always embraced her Blackness she kept her head wrapped tight. She never wore wigs as she weaved her way through life.” Maya also taught us that one can be educated without a college education and can teach college without a college. We all can LEARN from that.

Rosa Bogar @ 06/20/2014 at 8:11 pm

I am so honored that I gifted both Dr.Maya Angelou and Ruby Dee with copies of my dear friend’s book. “Unquenchable Black Fires” This is a true story of Dr. Leedell W. Neyland’s survival of this in Natchez, Mississippi in 1940,where 209 Blacks were consumed by this historic fire. Our quest is to see this history Realized! Share this news!! Thanks Rosa Bogar

Rosa Bogar @ 08/06/2014 at 9:03 pm

I am happy to share that plans are in the making to pay tribute to Maya Angelou and Ruby Dee Sept.13th at {UROC} in North Minneapols,Minnesota. I am wrking ard with others to make this a Reaity! Thanks, Rosa Bogar?poet