Alec Baldwin Explains Everything from Gay Slur Incidents to Shia LaBeouf Issues, Says Goodbye to Public Life

Alec Baldwin takes the cover and writes an editorial for New York magazine to explain the last several months of his public life in the latest issue.

“I ended up attacking a reporter who wrote in the Daily Mail online that my wife was tweeting from [James Gandolfini]’s funeral. He was wrong—in fact, at a later time, she had retweeted items whose original time code matched the time of the funeral. In my rage, however, I called him a ‘toxic little queen,’ and, thus, Anderson Cooper, the self-appointed Jack Valenti of gay media culture, suggested I should be ‘vilified,’ in his words,” the 52-year-old actor wrote. “I didn’t feel bad about the incident. He lied about my wife. They say this is what comes with stardom—I don’t agree with you. A journalist isn’t supposed to write a lie about you. If he was in New York, I might have had the impulse to beat the shit out of the guy. At the time, I didn’t view ‘toxic little queen’ as a homophobic statement. I didn’t realize how those words could give offense, and I’m sorry for that.”

He also discussed Shia LaBeouf leaving the Broadway show Orphans.

“There was friction between us from the beginning…When he came to rehearsal, he was told it was important to memorize his lines…And one day he attacked me in front of everyone. He said, ‘You’re slowing me down, and you don’t know your lines. And if you don’t say your lines, I’m just going to keep saying my lines.’…So I asked the company to break. And I took the stage manager, with Sullivan, to another room, and I said one of us is going to go. I said, ‘I’ll tell you what, I’ll go.’ I said don’t fire the kid, I’ll quit. They said no, no, no, no, and they fired him,” Alec wrote.

“There’s a way I could have done things differently. I know that. If I offended anyone along the way, I do apologize. But the solution for me now is: I’ve lived this for 30 years, I’m done with it,” Alec concluded his essay. In addition, he wrote about many other topics.

Read the whole story over at Vulture.com. Bigger cover inside…

alec baldwin explains gay slur incident shia labeouf incident more 01

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

So he’s saying that he is the one who didn’t know his lines, but Shia got fired? Makes sense.

Bye, Alec!

Truth Hurts @ 02/23/2014 at 11:26 pm

Alec, you’re the queen.

You’re such a hothead you can’t even handle the paps yelling. Everyone else in Hollywood can handle it, so why can’t you? Just because someone lies about your wife tweeting at funeral does not warrant a homophobic epithet.

Alec Baldwin doesn’t even know what epithet means, which is why he is an actor.

Him calling his 10-year-old daughter a ‘piggy’ in a voicemail was the best acting of all. Which is hilarious, because his pigface gave her half her DNA. If Alec Baldwin wasn’t a great actor, he would not get laid – he’s the male equivalent of a butterface.

Do us a favor and kill yourself, Alec. You’ve already killed your career.

im sure his wannabe celeb wife will not be happy about this

Bye Alec and stay away please.You and and your insignificant wife.

@Truth Hurts:

the clouds parted & god spoke! amen, truth! lol

Bye Alec and stay away please!

I feel sorry for hilaria She’ll be replaced with a newer model for sure in a couple of years

Gotta admit, I’ve dug a LOT of the films in which Baldwin has acted.

Nevertheless, by his behavior in public — and by writing this hare-brained, said excuse of an excuse (article), in which he justifies the idea of punching someone over _words_ (and thus proves himself an immature idiot), and further says he “didn’t know” that “toxic queen” was a gay slur (yeah, Alec — and I got a bridge in Manhattan for sale) — Baldwin has confirmed for the world at large that he is, indeed, an egocentric ass.

Good riddance.

All you losers have no idea what it must be like to live without privacy. I would go crazy without my privacy. I will miss Alec Baldwin’s acting.
He did a lot of parts extremely well. If I were him, I’d get out of NYC too.

Str8tAntiDefamationLeague @ 02/23/2014 at 11:45 pm

If one does not bow down and pay homage to the Gaystapo, they will make you pay the price via their enforcers, the Homosexualist Tolerance Police.

The Homosexual Agenda authored by Kirk and Madsen that the homosexualist zealot movement is fervently preaching, proselytizing and thumping calls on criminalizing any behaviors or persons that refuses to affirm the chosen homosexualist sex acts lifestyle and hate filled politics.

Homosexualist extremists need to come out of The Dark Ages neanderthal caves, open their narrow, intolerant, bigoted minds, stop viciously attacking the basic human and civil rights of heterosexuals, stop attacking and working feverishly to eliminate all age of consent laws, and celebrate and embrace the diversity that conservative heterosexual dissenters bring that enriches society.

@NYC:

if he was surrounded by screaming girls would you think it would be okay to call them little *****? your logic is crippled by the fact that it doesn’t matter what your surroundings are – you treat people like human beings and don’t attach malicious language to it. Also, sounds like you are girl with a crush on him. Go back to crying over your ice cream. I’m sure some other villain will make a new home as a poster on your pink wall.

He better tell his wife, because she LOVES the cameras. He even caught her calling the paps before one of their outings.

Not all there @ 02/24/2014 at 12:34 am

Alec is really not well. How many times has he sworn off twitter and deactivated again? It’s pretty sad to watch. He needs to just go away and rget himself together.

Str8tAntiDefamationLeague @ 02/24/2014 at 12:48 am

What do you expect from a far left wingnut?

Arizona has it right by defending the civil rights of people and their businesses to exercise their right of freedom of assembly and freedom of religion with laws protecting such minorities from aggressive, bigoted, offensive homosexualists who want to discriminate against small business owners and deny these small business owners their basic rights.

Str8tAntiDefamationLeague @ 02/24/2014 at 12:58 am

@Truth Hurts:

Disliking those that engage in homosexual sex acts hardly constitutes a clinically diagnosed mental illness.

I do see you are employing The Homosexual Agenda propaganda psy-ops manifesto tactic:

“It is acceptible to call people “Homophobic”… if they do not agree 100% with homosexual views, opinions, or behavior.” (page xxiii)

It’s a toss up who’s the bigger douche: Baldwin or LaBeouf

@Str8tAntiDefamationLeague: Go take your meds, troll.

Str8tAntiDefamationLeague @ 02/24/2014 at 3:35 am

@Diedre:

Open your narrow mind, ignorant heterophobic bigoted bully.

@Str8tAntiDefamationLeague: Mmmm, nope. I don’t think the doc has your med level where it needs to be. Your Tourette’s Syndrome is still out of control.
Also, talk with behavioral health to get to the root of why you are denying your own homosexuality so vehemently.
You’ll feel better once you come out and start living a genuine life.
Good luck!

@NYC: Well it was his choice to become an actor and be in movies. This is the price you pay for fame. I have seen Kevin Bacon and Dustin Hoffman be very gracious to photographers. Baldwin has a terrible temper problem…. and he used to have a drinking problem.

His essay is nonsense and is full of contradictions. For example, he whines that Manhattan is now just like Beverly Hills. But now he says he is moving to Los Angeles?

@Alec: Yeah, she is always stopping in the middle of busy Manhattan streets to do yoga poses. And last week she Tweeted a photo of herself with their baby on the train doing yoga poses.

hypercritical @ 02/24/2014 at 9:07 am

It seems, most of you want celebrities without a spot or an own opinion. We don’t have to agree with the words he wrote or the way he handles some things (and yeah, sometimes he’s acting like a douche, but so am I)… still we could try to understand why Alec or anyone else is writing, speaking or doing this or that without convicting him… because – nobody is perfect and the fewest of you are choirboys or nearly perfect… you’re just hypercritical in some ways.

Have a nice day. ;)

Say it and mean it, Alec!! His (and his wife’s) ego is too big to stay away from the spotlight and moving to LA to get away from it all is a joke. Wish they’d leave the country so we never have to see his mug or hear his bullsh*t again, but that won’t happen.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All