Angelina Jolie Greets Young Refugees on Trip to Lebanon

Angelina Jolie Greets Young Refugees on Trip to Lebanon

Angelina Jolie bends down to chat with a young Syrian refugee at an informal tented settlement on Sunday (February 23) in Zahle, Lebanon.

The 38-year-old actress, who is also a UNHCR Special Envoy, is on a three day visit to meet with some of the thousands of refugees who have fled the civil war in Syria.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Angelina Jolie

“Meeting these children was a heart-rending experience,” Angelina said in a statement. “They have lost their families and their childhood has been hijacked by war. They are so young, yet they are bearing the burdens of their reality as if they are adults.”

Bigger picture inside…

Just Jared on Facebook
angelina jolie greets young refugees on trip to lebanon

Credit: Andrew McConnell / UNHCR; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Angelina Jolie

Getty
  • The guy who tried to kiss Kim Kardashian is speaking out - US Weekly
  • Brad Pitt voluntarily submits to drug testing - TMZ
  • Check out this recap of this week's episode of Empire - Gossip Cop
  • Gina Rodriguez' rap skills are ON POINT - Just Jared Jr
  • Here's the scoop on Blac Chyna's baby shower - Radar
  • Is Sarah Jessica Parker getting a divorce? - Lainey Gossip
  • Alec Baldwin will play Donald Trump on Saturday Night Live - The Hollywood Reporter
  • Dawne

Oh, my gosh………such a woman……..so proud to share a gender. Guess the Oscars is a bust for Hag speculation and Ticky dreaming………buuut, buuut, no one in HW likes these hasbeens……..oh, they can only wish……Their star just keeps getting brighter.

Sure you can hardly get in the JP residence what with all the dresses arriving from hopeful designers. Knowing Angie she will let the kids choose……….for someone who could care less about this aspect of HW, she always nails it on the red carpet.

This will be a banner year for the JP’s……..they are going to roll from one major thing to another……next up Maleficent promotion.

• anustin

bahahahaa…are they going to present together??????? about time!!!! yeyyyyyyyy…..

• Rose

@were the morons: Hello my friend. Someone is mad this morning. I love how the trolls wants to have Angelina save the world. Let’s ask her to go to the 50 States in the USA and save all the refugees we have here. I guess we don’t have safety nets in this country to help the poor and I guess we have refuees tents all over America and our government is not taking care of these refugees we have here lining up waiting for food and a place to sleep for years. Let’s call for Angelina to save DETROIT and not our government, Federal, State and City. They are not here to help the people Angelina is the savior of America, lol.

• Dawne

Bea:

Government cheese day……..LMAO………is there such a thing?

• Dawne

Congrats to US fans………you did very well at Sochi…..except for hockey, of course :)))

• busted

Thanks jared for the new thread.

I am so happy that they are presenting. It would be awesome if it were together. They have done that in the past.

• Such a sour puss fool

@loopholes:

You do know she supports the SOS Children’s Villages in the USA right? http://www.sos-usa.org/about-sos/in-the-usa

You do know that she does not get any tax benefits for joining charities right? That Jolie and Brad Pitt have a foundation that gives millions of $$$$$$ right, like to the USO for programs for children of service people right? Like to Joplin MO? Like to NOLA?

You do know that she brings attention to people in need now for 12 years and counting, and that she has always paid all her own expenses right? There is no tax benefit to her in this.

You do know that she could just be sitting on her expanded hinny like you and complaining on her computer like you are but INSTEAD she takes action to try to be of some positive assistance to those in need.

NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE IN THE WORLD.

Jealousy and envy always lead to an ignorant one with a miserable life.

• Seriously

Hey Jared when will you stop posting these worn-out Angelina as whoremanitarian threads????? She is just so tacky and annoying!

• My Rant

I like coming here to read up on Angelina and I can find out a lot of information that most will not post about.

My rant today is about how I don’t understand why most here still give the unmistakable bore Aniston a time of day?? I actually thought about sending Jared an email to have her & Katie Holmes mugs removed from the side bar because they’re both are irrelevant in HW especially at this blog site when DiCaprio and a few others post gets hundreds of post in minutes yet they are not on the side bar. My point is that Aniston is “nothing” but a tabloid fodder who has to hash plant and deny stories just to try and stay relevant. I know most like to make fun her but that’s not even funny anymore because year after year it’s the same old tired pr stunts and it is tiring and juvenile. Even some of her attack dog friends have distance themselves from her. I wish some of the Jolie-Pitt’s fans here would to.

I will be glad when everyone can agree to ignore Aniston because she has no worth or value to herself nor is she any where close to a threat anymore to Angelina and her family or is Aniston any where on their level of success in life. Aniston is a useless, deadbeat and until we allow her to fade into obscurity (like she should have years ago but the time is truly NOW) she and her horrible fans will continue to hunt us all.

• CONTACT

@Seriously: At the top of the page in the blue banner hit CONTACT, Jared does not read the thread.
    With the amount of complaining you do, I thought by now, you would know that.

• anustin

bahaha..f.uckers are going to sign a petition to stop the jolie from presenting…those were sad little soul.

• Seriously

@Seriously:

You fug face name stealing troll!!! What you’re too lazy to pick your own moniker!!!???

You can have it you rotten trash!!

Angelina will continue to do the good she do and the haters will continue spew in their own self hatred.

• CONTACT

@My Rant: Take a seat and shut to Fcuk up.
    How hard can it be to use the skip button.
    Never heard you b itching when tampon or the other creature write filth about Angie and her family.
    I’m sure Jennifer, will turn up somewhere this week, so you’re on notice, she will be laugh at in some form or fashion.

• gennline

@truth:
    Thanks.Great interview.

• Dawne

Glug, glug………..hags are drowning in misery……….gasp, gasp, flailing and grasping and Ticky’s hand nowhere is sight to save their sorry azzes……….such sacrifice for someone who doesn’t give a flying fcuk whether they live or die……yet they devote their lives to this lost cause. A true study in abhorrent human behaviour.

As for the plea for us to stop talking Ticky……….convince JJ to remove the hags and we’ll have at it.

• Saffron

Good God, Angelina puts everyone else to shame. What a gorgeous woman, inside and out!

• JPs is the name of the game

@My Rant:

agree with you 100%. that woman is so freaking irrelevant and linking her in anyway or form to angelina who is an icon to a generation of women all around the world, is the biggest insult. she will not fade into obscurity because there is this odd thing that fans of angelina and brad have with her and her god awful “fans”.

• My Rant

@CONTACT:

You are rude and your reply was uncalled for.I had an opinion and I stated it with no foul language or bashing towards the real Jolie-Pitt fans! To me you’re not taking up for them but taking up for the sad excuses of Aniston minions who continue to come here and post their stupid and vile comments because they know you and a few others will dance with them. Aniston is irrelevant and I am just saying it is time to bury her ass. Yet, it seems you are one who likes to continue to talk about her due to your defense to continue on with such nonsense.

When the fans ignore the haters/ trolls they usually go away and there is harmony within the thread. It’s the continued Ticky mentioning and arguments with the minions that keeps this brew going. I do ignore the comments of the trolls and the fan responses but sometimes it’s almost 3 or more pages of dumb crap and you miss reading the things you would like to read to avoid what you don’t.

Again it is “my rant” and I just shared it.

• JPs is the name of the game

@CONTACT:

is not hard to follow angelina and brad’s mantra of not responding to idiots, i don’t remember them ever giving the media a response or handler or all the other non important waste timers.

• Anon2

http://caretolearnfund.org/ Started with Jolie-Pitt Foundation money and Doug Pitt, Angie and Brad got behind Doug and partners.

Too bad, more stars don’t take that idea and spread it back in their home states, having spread that humanitarian goodness onto other family members.

Guess some are just not into charity.

• Passing Through

# 40 well @ 02/24/2014 at 11:54 am
    I was joking. Sheesh.

• Bea

@Dawne:

Dawne, yes there is!! I’m definitely showing my age with this….I grew up in a “difficult” neighborhood in the um…well, a while ago.

The government used to give out blocks of yellow cheese to help us out so we wouldn’t starve :) The lines would be around the block starting at 6 am.

In the summer they used to give out free lunches and milk at the public schools, yep, you would go in a group from school to school to get those lunches in 100 degree weather!

Good times :)

• Passing Through

# 45 Rose @ 02/24/2014 at 11:59 am
    Wendy Williams’ obsession with Ticky is pretty scary. Then again – look how shallow she is herself. Ticky looks like a deep thinker next to Wendy Williams. David Arquette is probably very happy that he doesn’t have to see Ticky 24/7/365 anymore. That’s probably why he’s laughing – he probably hasn’t seen her in dog years and has probably never even met Squiggy. LOL!

• Passing Through

# 54 Dawne @ 02/24/2014 at 12:11 pm
    Bea:

Government cheese day……..LMAO………is there such a thing?
    ++++++++++++++++++++++
    There used to be a “government commodities” day for poor people. They’d give out staples like cheese, bread, rice, flour, canned goods, etc. Now people abuse and rip-off the food stamps system instead. See: Fat Fvckers.

• Bea

@Passing Through:

******************************

See now, those neighborhoods were lucky. My neighborhood was so poor that all we got was the free cheese. They skipped us for the rest.

• Passing Through

# 59 My Rant @ 02/24/2014 at 12:24 pm
    Two words for ya – COMEDY. FVCKING. GOLD. That’s 2 words troll math styles.

• Rose

@Bea: I remember the block of cheese, milk powder, butter, in. 70′s. In the summer the children get lunch at school. Then you could get secretarial training to become a stenographer and typing. The State gave out stipend for lunch money and bus fair weekly. Also, you could get training for nursing if you worked at certain State hospital. Those were the days. Good times.

• Passing Through

# 61 anustin @ 02/24/2014 at 12:34 pm
    LOL. Let’s see if they can even get 7 sigs this time.

• teri

Stay safe Angie and the others there to bring awareness or helping, God Bless your kind heart.

• Just asking

@busted:

They have presented together before? I must have missed that, when was it?

• Passing Through

# 72 Bea @ 02/24/2014 at 1:17 pm
    Bea -
    Girlfriend…we need to talk! LOL! I remember my mother coming home with the cheese and other food stuffs. That cheese was rank…but when you’re poor and your kids are hungry free food is hard to turn down.

• Passing Through

# 75 Bea @ 02/24/2014 at 1:26 pm
    I hear ya. The cheese came first. The rest of the foods were added later. It took me a good many years to realize that Velveeta was NOT govt cheese. I just thought they’d started selling it instead of giving it away! LOL!

• Rose

@Bea: In my area you can get food at certain churches now. Also, if you need emergency assistance you can go to certain State Office and get emergency money/debit card for food, especially if you have a child or children.

• were the morons

Have you guys seen the food stamp lines lately? They are ridiculous! I drive past a county building daily for work, as the lines are usually out the door. I know the economy is bad, but damn!

• Rose

@Passing Through: #81, WORD!!

• were the morons

@Rose: Rhe trolls are idiots. They say that Angie shod help people in America instead of other countries. Uhm, how many other countries have food stamps, social security checks, WIC programs, etc for their citizens? Americans have an abundance of resources for help; while other countries don’t. Is that so hard for the trolls to understand? Sheesh Rose, these dumb fvcks need to go back to school…

• Passing Through

# 77 Rose @ 02/24/2014 at 1:28 pm
    Rose -
    Remember the old CETA program where poor teenagers would work at places and the govt. would pay them instead of the employers? Now people biitch and moan about too many social programs but they forget how much shite was cut out years ago by the Republicans. It kept kids off the streets. Now everybody thinks they’re a gangsta.

• Bea

@Rose:

Those were the days. Good times.

**************************************

LOL and you know what? They really were! I know I hated waiting with my mom and the shopping cart for the cheese and then walking to the public schools for lunch during the summer but looking back, it really wasn’t that bad because you had friends all in the same boat!

The good days are when we had the money for bus fare. And if you got a bus with the fan up in the corner – best day ever.

• Rose

@were the morons: The thing is, in this country there is help for the people down on their luck. What Angie is doing is helping those who needs help and their government is not helping or cannot afford to help. Brad is helping in Nola with building homes and they both give away a third of their income. How many celebrities are doing that, it’s pisses me off when people questions Angie and Brad for helping and are not questioning the thousands of millionaires out there not doing a damn thing.

• Bea

@Passing Through:

Oh PT, what my mom can do with government cheese is sinful! If we had butter too? Us kids could have dreamed :)

To this day PT, I cannot even look at Velveeta without thinking of standing in those lines with my mother and siblings while she and the other ladies prayed out loud that they didn’t run out before we got the front!

• Passing Through

# 84 were the morons @ 02/24/2014 at 1:38 pm
    The economy is bad but people are also lazy or they’re too egotistical to work outside their profession. There’s a lady I work with – her husband has been out of work since July. He will only apply for specific jobs in his field – and they’re few and far between. She keeps telling him to go to a temp agency or take something else temporarily but he won’t do it. My brother got laid off and was the same way. Finally he had to face reality and change fields. But this lady’s husband just won’t take other kinds of jobs. Now she’s whining about all the stuff she’s having to give up because he’s been out of work for 7 months. I think it’s time to investigate a divorce. LOL!

• Bea

@Rose:

I have to say honestly Rose that I have seen more churches feeding the people that need it here in the South than I ever did when I was in the Northeast – and forget when I was in CA, that was a barren wasteland if you needed help.

My church’s mission feeds about 300 people on a weekly basis, no questions asked and I could only wish for something like this now where I grew up – it hasn’t gotten any better there.

• Dawne

As someone who thinks the ‘entitled’ generation of spoiled and pampered kids who can do no wrong will be a collective disaster when they take over the world in a few decades…….you, Rose and PT don’t seem any worse for the wear for having struggled.

I cannot imagine a class of ‘haves’ who have never wanted for anything in a social and employment leadership role. S C A R Y. Tough times that are overcome is huge in terms of developing large and empathic personalities.

• Rose

@Passing Through: I remember OIC program, did you have that? PT, remember when the lurch shortage in the 80′s and they get the students from the Philippines to come here, send them to school to get their degrees and they had to give back a few years to the State hospital. After doing their time, they took their degrees and went to private hospitals, or took their degrees back home as a big time RN. yes, PT the good old days :-),

• Go Figure!

@Passing Through: Girlfriend, the cheese was the best part of those boxed handouts. Also they gave Spam before Spam became an “infood” and don’t forget about those “shit on a shingle” beef. Us poor folk were just ahead of our time. LOL!

• Rose

@Bea: They need to start those training programs again, send the unemployed for training and that would be good for the economy, the workers and the country. @Dawne: When we struggle, it’s a great motivation to do good to prove the struggle was worth it. Can you imaging buying your first home, it’s such a great feeling when we look back from where we came.

• thelookoflove1365

We need more Angie in this world & LESS Ms 2%. The trolls can rant & spew vile 24/7/365 days but it does not affect the JPs in any way.
    Trolls are just pissed that Ms 2% is a shallow human being who does not have a care in the world. While Angie was visiting the refugee camps, Ms 2% is having a bagel, egg, & reading (right!!!) the Sunday funnies. 2% was probably reading the tabloids but was too embarrassed to admit it. Anyone asked her what was the headline on that newspaper that day? So pretentious, no wonder no man can stand her…phony & a waste of space.

• Passing Through

# 90 Bea @ 02/24/2014 at 1:48 pm
    LOL, Bea. I was #6 of 7 and was too young to have to go stand in the lines with my mother. She always took one of my older brothers with her. He was NOT a happy camper about that either. I also remember that my father was always livid that she got the food. He thought it was embarrassing because people knew they couldn’t afford enough food to feed 7 kids and would grumble that people would say if you can’t feed that many kids then why have them. People always assume the worst and don’t think there are REASONS for why people are sometimes in the circumstances of needing govt. assistance. Yes people can be lazy and don’t want to work but that doesn’t negate the fact that times are hard for a lot of people. And, BTW, both of my parents ALWAYS WORKED full-time. At that time, being black, we all know what that meant – menial, low-paying jobs. That’s why people need assistance even though they work. Oy vey…those were the days…

• CONTACT

@My Rant: Waste of time, yada, yada, sheep don’t post here.
    Like you anyone can post, and say anything, if you don’t like my reply, too bad.

• Passing Through

# 95 Go Figure! @ 02/24/2014 at 1:56 pm
    BBBBWWWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! OMFG!!! THE SPAM, THE SPAM, THE SPAM!!! I’d forgotten all about that. Jesus. I remember nobody in my family would eat it except my oldest brother. He’d been in the Army and he’d fry that shite and make sandwiches and swear it tasted like bologna. BLEH!!! Spam has been around since they first started canning food. Literally in some cases. It’s like fruitcake.