Just Jared Joins Fight Against Paparazzi Photos of Kids

Just Jared Joins Fight Against Paparazzi Photos of Kids

Exciting announcement!

Effective immediately, JustJared.com and JustJaredJr.com will be enforcing a #NoKidsPolicy, which means we won’t be publishing unauthorized photos or videos of celebrities’ children who are not public figures themselves.

Here’s a little recap of how we came to this decision: Last August, Jennifer Garner and Halle Berry championed a paparazzi bill that was signed into law by California Governor Jerry Brown to impose tougher penalties on photographers who harass children of public figures. While enacting this bill was a step in the right direction, kids are still being intimidated, harassed, and stalked.

Recent discussions I’ve had with actresses Blake Lively, Jaime King, and Kristen Bell prompted me to take the next step at Just Jared by suspending the use of unauthorized photos of celebrities’ children throughout our sites. What does that mean for JJ readers? We won’t be posting photos of children of public figures without consent. All of the paparazzi shots of kids playing at the park, catching a flight at the airport, and walking to school will be off limits. Exceptions to the rule include consensual photos like public figures with kids on the red carpet, at sports games and concert venues, and pictures shared directly via social media.

I’d personally like to thank each and every one of you for your support throughout the years. Some of you have been loyal readers even before I launched JustJared.com in 2005! Yes, it’s been that long.

- Jared Eng, Editor-in-Chief

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

i respect you for that.

Ann-marie Taranto @ 02/25/2014 at 12:04 pm

Thank you! I truly believe that it is wrong to publish pictures of their kids. Just being born to a celebrity should not negate the child’s right to privacy. I applaud your actions!!

BRAVO!!! While I will miss seeing some celebrity children I FULLY SUPPORT YOUR EFFORTS!!

AMAZING! Congratulations on making such a bold choice! Good for you Jared!

always authorized @ 02/25/2014 at 12:07 pm

NO effect on the JP kids

Thank you Jared!!! I am very proud of you. I have been saying for years that it is wrong to take photographs of minor children without the permission of their parents. For years we have seen the paparazzi stalk children of celebrities even when they were at the park with the nanny and their parents weren’t there. It is dangerous and very scary for a child. It is an ugly way to earn money. I am glad you are taking a stand.

Very good news!

Thank you so much for being so respectful of children and their privacy!

What's next @ 02/25/2014 at 12:12 pm

Excellent!!! Thank you.

Just Jared is the best and this is just one of the reasons why!

Good for you jared. I wish more bloggers would follow suit. I’m proud to say that this is my fave celeb blog. And kudos to the celebs like Kristen Bell for pushing this.

No more Suri pics? No more Smith kids?

GOOD THING! Thank you!

I totally agree Jared. Does that mean we no longer have to see pics of Kris Jenner’s kids LOL???

This is fantastic, a step in the right direction.

This is the only site I visit because it doesn’t tear people down.

If that means we won’t have to see the afflecks dropping their kids EVERY SINGLE DAY im happy.

Oh please.. Miranda kerr will have a stroke and stops paying you if you dont post her sons photos post any bad publicity she gets… dont be a hypocrite.

I really applaud this decision. But I think it’s irresponsible, considering the environment of Hollywood (and Los Angeles), for celebrities to bring kids into this world and not expect to be followed everywhere with cameras (and furthermore, not expect it will affect them negatively). It just shows you how either ignorant, or selfish, many celebrities are.

good stuff!congrats for being one of the few websites to take that initiative.

that’s why it’s the best site about peoples !!

Well done – stay classy Just Jared. They didn’t ask to be born to famous people…

@Ross:

definitely a jealous girl using a male name. pathetic.

Congratulations Jared!!! Kids not public deserve privacy.

Stufit Upyourse @ 02/25/2014 at 12:26 pm

YOU ARE A TOTAL HYPOCRITE………….YOU PAY **** MONEY FOR PHOTOS ANYWAYS…….BUT YOU MADE YOUR MONEY OFF EXPLOITING THESE VERY CHILDREN YOU CLAIM TO PROTECT

Great decision! I have been visiting your site less frequently because I didn’t want to support paparazzi who follow celebrities and their children around.. so I’m super glad you’ll stop posting them now :) Big fan!

Honest Abe @ 02/25/2014 at 12:31 pm

Jared is so kool! Just think how he started well after that ugly par-boiled ape Perez but jared has left him in the dust. No one likes Perez but everyone adores Jared. Perez made a name for himself tearing people down while Jared always took the high road. We need more Jared’s in this country and fewer Perez’s.

ERIN_Noyes @ 02/25/2014 at 12:32 pm

Bravo! Long overdue and hopefully trend-setting! Thanks for making the right decision.

@Derek: Are you a ***** detector derek? or are you a girl who your parents hated you so much that they named you derek? sad

ООО!!!Отлично. Теперь точно будем знать,кто за счет детей пиарится

@Warren:

Nope! GOOD!!!!!

Best decision you could have made. These kids didn’t choose to be in the public eye. I like your choice! JJ is now the best celeb-news site online! :)

WONDERFUL! As much as I do really like seeing their cute kids, I would not like my own children to be photographed by creeps like the Paparazzi. I think this is a wonderful idea. Thank you JJ for thinking about the well being of the kids!

My new go-to source. Bravo Jared! Bravo.

This is great but tricky. I guess no more daily Garner outings. Hopefully, this will be the end of the Smith kids, I doubt that the parents will object and allow the kids to consent. What about Katie Holmes?? She’s nothing without Suri so bye-bye Katie, finally. No more Kartrashians please young or adults. The Jolie-Pitt’s kids are rarely seen but does this mean when their all together when traveling i guess we won’t see those pics here. Because Brad & Angelina don’t approve photos of their children unless it’s a photo shoot and again that’s rare.

Personally, I thinks it’s great because babies, children and young teens who are not in the business should not be subjected to the same aggressive scrutiny that their parents receive. They haven’t even decided what yet want to do with their little lives but the paps and media made the decision for them and their parents by subjecting them into the limelight.

JJ!! You ROCK!! Although I’ll miss seeing pictures of the Jolie-Pitt group, I totally agree with your decision. GOOD JOB JJ!!!

Excellent news. Makes me appreciate this site even more! Thank you, Jared.

This is a great decision that will hopefully will lead others to do the same. The children didn’t chose that life and should have their privacy protected. Nice job!

Celebrities DO want pictures of their kids published.
Jennifer Garner seems to be one of the celebrities that use their children the most.
They definetly make more talking than their movies.
I used to like her but it is definitely not the case anymore.
Most of her outings with her kids seem to have been orchestrated very well and she’s not the only one.
People need to stop being hypocrite !

So we need to find other side…

Good for you Jared! I have always favoured your website because of your kindness and respect for the people you blog about. It is so important these days to follow your own moral compass and today I am so proud to be a loyal reader of yours. Well done!

Excellent news and congratulations to Halle Berry! she was right to fight for celebrities children privacy!

I am so surprised that American media did not follow suit with the laws like France where the children’s faces must be blurred to protect their identity unless it was authorized by their parents to show their faces. I guess the dollars were more important too them that they didn’t care.

This should have been addressed years ago and now that it’s out of hand, it will bd hard to change it. I just hope it means more agressive and rude paparazzi will be pushed out of the business.

I love you even more than I already do, if that is even possible.

I think that’s a great move. Good job :)

Good choice.

While I completely respect this decision I am going to be very honest and admit.. I am going to really miss seeing the Jolie-Pitt kids :(
I know that’s awful to say– but I come on here a lot and get really excited to see how their kids are growing up.. so this kind of stinks. But I understand it and totally respect it. Cheers!

This is bad news for Jennifer Garner. How else can she stay relevant?

What is Leann Rimes gonna do now that she can’t pimp out Brandi’s kids and taunt her by kissing them on their mouths…??

Since when? LOL

questionman @ 02/25/2014 at 1:06 pm

WHY DON’T YOU BAN ALL PHOTOS OF CHILDREN UNDER 18?

WHO CARES IF A PAPARAZZI OR BEYONCE IS SELLING IT HERSELF, CELEBRITIES SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO EXPLOIT CHILDREN EITHER

you idiots the focus is on the wrong thing. Protect the children. Don’t protect the exploitation, and if a parent sells their baby photos, ala kim and kanye, beyonce, etc…. it’s still exploitation. The kid is being thrust into the spotlight.

You all should have more respect for kids, paparazzi aren’t the problem, they are just camera guys, thr problem is the mags that can’t make a living without peddling child photos.

@gamar:

Seriously? You think it’s selfish for a grown adult to choose to have a child and expect that child not to be publicly harassed and frightened by sociopath paparazzi? Just because they are a celebrity? News flash, celebrities are nothing more than human beings doing a job and they have every right to have children and expect their privacy to be respected. When a non-celebrity has a child and that child is followed/photographed/harassed it’s called stalking… and it’s called creepy. The fact that their parents are famous doesn’t eradicate the fact that it’s stalking a child… and it’s creepy!

alexanderina @ 02/25/2014 at 1:10 pm

BRAVO Jared!!

kathy lamonica @ 02/25/2014 at 1:11 pm

Yayyyyyyyy !!

I guess Garner is not happy about it, her plan backfired. Pictures of her kids, obviusly staged and autorized cause they were almost daily posted on Just Jared, was the only way for her to stay in people’s mind… I guess that now she’ll have to get a Twitter account and post them herself.

@Warren

The Smith kids are public persons, public figures. Suri, arguably, has yet to distinguish herself in the requisite manner of a “particularized determination”, such as a public wide performance in a movie role, etc.

Celebs who take to using kids as pap shield might simply find faces of their children digitized out, etc.

It perhaps remains just a bit too early to tell where this all will red line.

@lilia: I give her and Leann Rimes a week before they start doing that now! Theirs and Katie Holmes’s hearts all just sank a little when they heard this

@marq: What about the Jolie-Pitts :(

if celebs don’t want their children photograph
1. don’t have any children
2. get another job
3. don’t ***** out your kids or go announcing that your pregnant to the entire world
4. don’t put your kids in movie/tv/media
5. don’t go to places where the paps usually are
6. don’t call the paps
7. move to Europe or get out of California
8. live with it …celebs can’t have the best of both worlds they get a ridiculous amount of money for doing nothing,then they get famous and the papas follow then they get mad…..hell I wish my problems were as simple as my children being photographed ..

If the parents give their permission then it’s OK. But here’s the thing. Now we will know which parents call the paps and allow them to get pictures. Some of these people need to have pictures I had to LOL when I read Ross’s comment about Miranda Kerr. Miranda loves to call photographers to get pictures of her with Flynn. And OMG what’s Jessica Alba going to do now! You know the Kardashians give permission. They’d let you photograph them going to the toilet if they could get away with it.

Well done!!

Teddy VonVuten @ 02/25/2014 at 1:33 pm

I rarely click them anyway, except for Madonna’s Daughter Lourdes.
The Jennifer Garner posts I won’t miss but I hope the paps continue to hound her since she parades them out and about more than any other celeb to keep her relevant as others have mentioned. She’s the most boring celeb anyhow, ditto for her husband, the only thing interesting about their pics is when they are clearly upset they’re being papped imo.

I love that decision ! A step in the right direction :)

So this mean no more pictures of leonardo dicaprio and Bradley cooper kids. I applaude you JJ. It must have been a hard descison.

While I agee that the children have a right to grow up without being stalked, I think you should also then ban ALL photos of celebrity children if this is your new policy. This includes shots of child actors.

If you feel strongly about it, you should really stand up, and not let celebrities use their children either. If you really care about the children, care about ALL of them ALL the time.

This is super! I always though it was a bit weird.

Not only does it send the right message, it stops the filth from making disgusting comments about celebrity’s kids on Just Jared. Affleck/Garner, Urban/Kidman, Pitt/Jolie haters will have to go somewhere else. I applaud this decision.

@Jared

Will you also be stripping EXIF? Or will you continue to leave that data generally intact, because not only do I like to click on the many fine photos, but I tend to like to read the EXIF data as well.

No more Angelina Jolie parading her kids or Jessica Alba parks days with her kids, or Jennifer Garner . And if we do see their kids that means the parents ok’s the pictures . No more hypocrites pretending they don’t use their kids for media attention.

This is a good move for obvious reasons. Awesomesauce.

Sadly this is only a drop in the bucket. When the price of the unauthorized photo exceeds the price of the penalty(ies), paps will still take a chance pursue “the money shot.”

Have not read the law itself, but I am curious about what this means if a bystander snaps and sells a random (unauthorized) pic, since they are not technically paparazzi?

Also, there will always be less scrupulous publications that will run with the photos; in this multimedia digital world, click-throughs are the bottom line for many and if even for a moment before being asked to take questionable material down, a site can gain infamy for posting “exclusive” snaps.

so proud of you Jared! what a huge step in the right direction. Nice to see you choosing human decency over more profits! I read Just Jared regularly and I always cringe when I see photos of kids as I know that paps are so invasive to the kids. Thank you for being a good human and doing the right thing!

@Drake:

ROTFL!!!!!

Bravo and respect.

@Chloe: The law isn’t worth the paper its written on which is why after Jan 1st you saw photos of kids at the airport, shopping, etc just as before.

:( In case meta data is also to be stripped, for those who don’t appreciate the many wonderful photos here, or the EXIF, it can be viewed now with simple browser add-ons such as:

MorganJoana @ 02/25/2014 at 2:26 pm

I’m gonna miss the JP kids!

@Ellice: Thanks for being a smart@ss but Europe here isn’t much better. Photos of children are sold to magazines all the time with only their faces blurred out. Too many loopholes in these so-called anti-paparrazi laws.

@feron: Yup. It is kinda like internet piracy. Someone will always find a way, unfortunately.

kathy martin @ 02/25/2014 at 2:35 pm

Congrats bravo need more like you. your site will be the only one I will follow

This is fantastic news! I think it’s terrible the lengths paparazzi go to just to get a photo of a celebrity with their child, especially doing something as mundane as going to school…that’s not entertainment news. Well done!

AT LAST!!!!!!! :)) Great news!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
*a non-celeb mom

Is there a list of sites taking a similar stand? I’d like to know.

GREAT GREAT NEWS!!! You’ve got my full support!

Finally, I hope this trends continues! Way to go.

@Ellice: I agree with you entirely

@Ellice: I couldn’t agree more with you.
They have no idea what real life is.
I have been gravely ill for years and I definitely wish that it was my only problem too.
With current problems in the world such as war, hunger, unemployment… They should be ashamed.

I think that’s wonderful, let the kids grow up in peace and decide for themselves if they want to be in the spotlight or not. I think it’s great that you won’t contribute to stimulate demand for such pictures.

Question JJ @ 02/25/2014 at 2:59 pm

Since you removed the Celeb Babies category from the side “Top Celeb”. Why not go ahead and remove Katie Holmes and Jennifer Aniston?? Neither of them are top celebs.

Fantastic!! Entertainment Tonight is following suit! This has been a long time coming and gives me a little faith in humanity!! Thank you!

Piers Morgan @ 02/25/2014 at 3:11 pm

How about a #NoLameCelebritiesLookingForTheir15MinutesOfFame policy? Sick to death of Smiley Virus, Katie Homelies, the Cibrian ex and his current wife, Bieber. And lots more. And me of course. No more threads about me. My career has ended on a sour note.

HARDLY a brave “statement” by JJ…considering that they obviously portray celebs in a “positive” and flattering light. The important word in this statement…”consent”. Since JJ obviously receives celeb “consent” to post their clearly “prearranged photo ops” of their kids… because JJ will portray them EXACTLY as the celebs deisire. The whole purpose of this movement is NOT to stop “the invasion of privacy” of celebs kids…it’s to simply reserve the “public exploitation” of celebs kids to their “celeb” parents…for when they have a film or a cd they want to hype.

@Warren:

The Smith kids are celebs in their own right so they aren’t included in this.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Just another reason to love JJ. Keeping it classy as always.

This is great news. Thank you for the first step in the right direction. I hope many others will follow your example. Well done!

Bravo Just Jared!

@Question JJ: Aniston and Holmes aren’t top celebs? The fact you don’t like them is irrelevant.

HAHAHA WHAT IS JADEN SMITH GOING TO DO NOW?!?!! also, talking to BLAKE LIVELY about privacy and non-famewhoring ideas HA!!! please do me a favour everyone and let’s stop worrying about rich people and their problems. they don’t need it. (don’t you have your own!?!?)

way to go, Jared. forget People Magazine, you are the #1 ass-kisser and **********. Congrats.

Okay JJ…………good decision. We’ll have to wait and see how deep is your commitment to this laudable new policy.
In the meantime, and since we have your eyes on this thread as i believe you will monitor it for a while to see the feedback, might i direct your attention to a persistently abusive troll who infests ALL JP threads with a long-@ssed, looped post that is filled with filth.
Several JP fans have drawn your attention to this particular poster, to no avail. It is right at this moment on Page 6/posts 132 and 134 of the most recent thread about Angelina’s interview on NBC this morning.
We expect you to maintain a clean site, JJ. This troll ensures that you\ fail in that effort. Surely it is not beyond the technical capabilities of this site to ban a poster that is consistently abusive?
The ball is in your court, JJ.

Jaden Smith is a public person with his own career.

Paps don’t need permission to take photos and Jared doesn’t need consent to post them as long as he’s paid for the rights to publish. He’s made a personal decision to change the policy of his site. The changes will be evident when there won’t be photos of kids at the park, or airport, or walking to school.

At least the majority of responses are by people who think before they type.

taking a stance for rich celebs to use & sell their children ONLY when they approve???

don’t make me laugh. you’re pathetic. way to pick a cause. sorry, i wasn’t born yesterday. this “stance” benefit you and them. “oh look, everyone, i have ‘the exclusive’ on Jessica Alba’s kids walking their mother to her company, The Honest Company!” (buy their stuff!!)

sorry, Jared, not feeling stupid today.

so when we see pix of brandi and eddie’s kids at a soccer game we’ll know that leann called the paps and authorized the pix?

@Maria: so a 14 year old kids promoting himself is okay IF he has “a public image”? Cindy Crawford has her kids doing modeling, does that count as having their “own careers”? (a career that clearly can only obtained through the fact that they are a celeb’s kids) What about the recent Jonas brother releasing his kid’s picture through a sponsorship? is that kid off limit even though it told me about P&G Dreft (whatever that is).

The problem is you cannot start to draw a line and demand other people to follow it IF THE LINE IS MURKY!! You cannot benefit from being a celeb kids (looking at you the Baldwin girl), doing celeb things, possibly earning celeb $$ and demand that you be left alone. I could care less about celebs kids mainly because i don’t know who the hell they are but this is hypocrisy of the highest order. i don’t know what Julianne Moore’s kids look like because guess what, they’re not constantly in my face having “careers”. it’s their mom who has a career. yet i know exactly what Jessica Alba’s kids look like because guess what, Jessica Alba doesn’t have an acting career other than, um, The Honest Company, about kids…interesting.

but i am glad you people are happy for the poor celebs. lord knows they have enough problems, right? one less thing for them to worry about. #trulyblessed

My eyes!!! @ 02/25/2014 at 4:06 pm

I applaud you for finally taking a stand. I am a longtime fan but had stopped frequenting the site for this very reason. If you work to help decrease the demand then the pedorazzi will seek their commerce elsewhere.

@AWHODAT!: are you a celeb? if not, sorry, you’re on your own. world hunger, trolling issue, whatever. we must protect the precious images of celebrity children.number 1 priority, people!

This is great for the kids. It does seem like the same kids are photographed daily/weekly so they need to be rescued from their own parents using them. Katie Holmes must be devastated right now. Nobody cares about her without Suri. That’s probably why she joined Twitter. She’s already put a photo on Twitter of Suri ice skating. Well, her feet anyway, but still she was seeking attention.

Piper, if you can’t see the difference between Jaden Smith a professional actor and one of Jen Garner’s kids then there’s no point in trying to have a conversation. Photographers shouldn’t harrass anyone, kids or adults. Reform has to start somewhere and as we’ve seen the Los Angeles law do nothing Jared is being more proactive than the lawmakers. I have to say it’s really sad you can’t make your point without bashing actors you don’t like.

Brazilian girl @ 02/25/2014 at 4:14 pm

Guess I’ll be going to other websites now…

Man celeb are so Hypocrite

Smart and civilized. As much as photos of the kids are cute, it’s always cringeworthy to realize that there is a guy (or 20 guys) with cameras stalking them to get those shots. As many celebrity parents have noted, it’s not the kids’ choice to have famous parents. Legislation is important, but this type of profiteering will only vanish when consumers stop supporting it. As one of the interfaces between the photographic sources and their intended consumer audience, Just Jared deserves credit for refusing to abet.

Point of curiosity: If paparazzi snap photos of famous parents with their children, will JJ run those photos with the children’s faces blurred out (a la British tabloids), or simply decline publication of the photos all together? It seems counterproductive, from the perspective of trying to keep paparazzi away from kids, to do the former.

marleyt99 @ 02/25/2014 at 4:41 pm

Very respectable of you! I wish more were like you!

I personally feel as though the campaign started by Kristen Bell is hypocritical and unfair.

Many celebrities sell their children’s photos to media outlets, magazines, etc. They cannot then turn around and ask for privacy. It is unfair to exploit their children one day and then complain about loss of privacy the next.

In many cases, it is more about the celebrities wanting to control the story on their terms. If it was about privacy, why not act in a way that is more private. There are numerous celebrities who have children who are never shot in public. So it is clearly possible. If that is the case, why is the onus on others help/mollify/coddle/sympathize with celebrities?

Rain Cancels @ 02/25/2014 at 5:24 pm

give that ur site doesnt compensate past mere cents on the photos ur site uses in bulk – it hardly matters that you won’t publish the ones worth more $.

@Warren:

I would hope no Suri, she is not in the public eye through her own personal choice, but because of who her parents are.

As for the Smith kids, well they act in films and sing, so maybe a different argument there

Loves gossip @ 02/25/2014 at 5:43 pm

While I respect your decision, let’s get real here. SEVERAL celebrities pay the paparazzi to keep themselves relevant (a few that come to mind, Alyson Hannigan, January Jones, Katie Holmes, Halle Berry, Hugh Jackman, Heidi Klum, Kim Kardashian etc). Despite the high road YOU are taking, several CELEBRITIES will continue to exploit their children in order to remain relevant. Since several of these celebrities are always “caught” by the paps (coincidently always with their children), I guess we will not be seeing many photos on Just Jared.

@Loves gossip:

I disagree with Katie Holmes, I think she was one of those who was supporting that paparazzi bill

Bravo Jared! It’s people like you who can inspire us all and make the world just a little better and safer for our kids. Thank you!

I don’t care for those photos really anyway. But, please, ask any photo agency in LA and Halle Berry has used them OVER and OVER ..as recently as January. She is a phoney.

I’m laughing at the fact you people know exactly who is paying to have their kids photographed and the common denominator is they aren’t liked by you. Coincidence? When the photos of whatever celebrity’s kid that you dislike don’t pop up here what will you do then?

Great choice! Thanks for supporting this policy Jared, but I’m wondering… does it really change anything? Aren’t paparazzi going to keep following famous people when they’re with the families, even if you – and similar sites – stop posting their kids photos?? Isn’t the abuse exactly the same for children, even if we won’t have pictures of their faces to see it?? I don’t suppose that paparazzi will kindly ask celebrity parents to stand further from their kids so that they can be photographed without them. They’ll keep approaching celebrities the same way (shoving cameras in their faces and yelling at them) in the presence of their families even if they have no interest in photographing their children. Eventually, the contact will still be present and exactly the same.

Way to go JJ! Hopefully other media outlets will follow your example.

So if you buy a pap’s photo/video now, how are you going to confirm that those pictures and videos are “authorized”? Will you need to confer with the celeb’s people to check for a release?

For example, Jennifer Garner, who sat before Congress and wanted her children to be left alone still has them smiling for the paps on her Starbuck’s run. Did she specifically say, “in the name of the new law these photos are not authorized”?

When Ben Affleck has a movie to promote or an Oscar to campaign for and has his kids wearing a Batman TV shirt while they are in a public park – is that auhtorized or not?

Murky waters.

Good for you for taking he lead on this. Bravo!

@Leah what is so hard to understand? Candids of kids living their lives won’t be posted even if it’s in a public place like an airport or store. Events where photos are expected like red carpets where parents bring their kids or sports games where anyone’s image can be captured and broadcasted can be posted.

This must be the final attempt for readers who come here only to whine about certain celebrities with kids to make some noise before the door closes shut on them.

good for you. thank you. #leadership

@XXXX: You might be right, but Kristen Bell isn’t among those who “exploit” or don’t mind their child being photographed and is only looking to protect the privacy and safety of her daughter. She’s said from the beginning she wouldn’t share photos of her daughter in any outlet until she was old enough to give her consent, which is why there are no photos of Lincoln on hers or Dax’s Twitter accounts, why she hasn’t turned up in any magazines and why she’s only been caught once being photographed (of the few times to begin with) where her face was clearly visible. That one time was more than enough to really put her beliefs into action and make a statement to say enough to enough, and I applaud her for that because she understands a level of her own privacy has been given up because it’s a life she’s chosen and she knows what goes along with it, but her child shouldn’t be unnecessarily thrust into the public eye like that at 11 months old.

Brilliant. It is about time someone took that first step. Although I feel the papz should be the ones to take responsibility for their constant harassment of celebrity kids, publications should not be paying for these photos and enticing papz to go to such extreme. These kids do not deserve the harassment.

@nicole: Glad you said something because that comment was wrong on so many levels.

Great news! Now we won’t have to put up with seeing the Jolie parading her brats around on pap strolls anymore. Now, while you’re at it, just ban all of the Jolly-Shitts.

Ale Lopez @ 02/25/2014 at 8:09 pm

That´s why i prefer a million times JustJared, i really respect you for this desicion.

HAHAHAHHAHHAHA THE JOKES ON THE CELEBS IF THIS DOES HAPPEN THEN THERE GOING TO LOSE A LOT OF $$$$$$$$$$

damn I really liked to look at the Beckham kids :(

@Heather: you don’t say…100% with you on that

Kudos to you. I totally support your support. Kids are not commodities to be “sold” in the marketplace or to be used as PR. They’re human beings.

Really? My comment is waiting moderation?? You only except possitive comments…..Pansy

LongLeggedLady @ 02/25/2014 at 10:02 pm

THANK GOD it is about time, LEAVE ALL KIDS ALONE! It always disgusted me to see pix of these kids. Daily Mail needs to follow your lead and stop posting pix of these kids as ALL of these pap need to STOP with the pix of these poor children.
LET KIDS BE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!
LEAVE THE KIDS ALONE!!!!!!
There should be a STRICT LAW about no more papz taking pics of any kids PERIOD!

START BY DELETING ALL THE PICTURES OF KIDS YOU’VE POSTED HERE!

Jared, you have always been my favorite site!

@gamar:

so… they cant become actors and actresses or if they do they cant have kids cus they will be followed??

just because they choose to act or do whatever else that garners public attention does not mean their kids should suffer for it

i have nothing but respect for you. big love from singapore!

Great job Jared!

So does this mean there won’t ever be another post of Kim Kardashian / Katherine Heigl / Jessica Alba / and the like, who make a living on being “celebrity moms?”

this is such a joke. C list actors like Blake Lively, Jaime King, and Kristen Bell only ever get photographed by the paparazzi when they pay for it. Celebs like Jessica Alba, Jennifer Garner etc are only famous because they exploit their “celebrity mom” status. All of them have no problem exploiting their kids by selling baby photos and putting photos on twitter, yet they act like victims when it’s not done on their terms.

I love that even people mag called out celebs on what hypocrites they are, yet just Jared the suck up goes along with it.

There is nothing heroic about siding with the hypocritical celebs, Jared. Good luck as the hits go down.

Good because Jennifer Garners kids are homely and i hated having to scroll by their tired worn out faces.

Too bad !its nice seeing all these adorable Hollywood kids grow up! What’s the age limit? Are the jenners included?

@Brazilian girl: I’ll go and see other websites too. You are only playing the games of hypocritical celebrities such as Jennifer Garner.

Yeah!! Congrats!

@Amber: I am pretty sure their kids DO not suffer . Especially when their parents are making bank and they get to grow up privileged and getting most of the things they want, so NO NEVER EVER say celebs kids suffer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

hypocrites @ 02/26/2014 at 3:25 am

JJ -BIGGEST HYPOCRIT
AFTER YEARS AND YEARS OF MILKING KIDS OF Cruise, Pitt, Gardner,Berry because of legal issues NOW YOU ARE DEFENDERS?
MONEY TALKS AND business as usual

So the pics of Angelina using starving/refugee kids for publicity are allowed here? you just posted it JJ!!!!
Those kids are not celebrities neither have celebrities as their parents! they are being used only for marketing! so the “#NoKidsPolicy” doesn’t work for them? this is a joke!

hypocrites @ 02/26/2014 at 5:05 am

@Chris:
you are SO RIGHT

@rochelle: This would be brilliant!

I wonder what Miranda Kerr, Jessica Alba, Hilary Duff will do now, since the only thing they have relevant are the children.I’m sure that many celebrities are going to hate it. How will they is the media now? Instagram will now be pumped with intimate photos.

In France and in Italy the children of famous people in the pics are blurred because they are protect by privace laws , the paps are intrusive too, but I think that many celebrities loves to be photographed with children.

As a BIG Affleck-Garner fan, I applaud you! Love them, so I love their kids and the way they don’t shield their kids from a regular life. However, having a regular life with basketball games, days in the park, ice cream treats, school, karate means that they were constant pap targets. Don’t tell me they called them (a frequent hater statement) when Garner went out of her way to outlaw the harassment and Ben called taking pictures of children disgusting in his recent interview. I will handle not seeing their everyday movements (because the papz were targeting the kids, not Jen and Ben) with the secure knowledge that the kids can live really normal lives now!

Nanci Fenstermaker @ 02/26/2014 at 7:54 am

Thank you for doing the right thing. So rare in today’s society. Kudos.

LOL. Celebs such as Brangelina or Kim and Kanye are going to have a heart attack since they won’t be able to pimp their kids out to the paps anymore.

Ugonna Wosu @ 02/26/2014 at 8:34 am

in other words…you’re fighting YOURSELF, right? How many photos have you had of Jackson Theron and the Brangelina kids? I hope to see you walking the walk and not just being a hypocrite

@Stufit Upyourse: You are right ! celebrities are people and they are famous.People will just go to another site and see them. Jared just want make name by doing this. Yes I agree about them going to school . But when they are with their parents on an outing its ok, But not too close. Magazines will get these pics if jared don’t post them.Jared site is not a good site when he start getting in these celebrities business about pics. You see how many hits he has gotten about this. Kristen bell is no famous actress. Her movie frozen is at the Oscars and that’s why she did theis for attention. She don’t even take her child out the door at all and she got to say something about other celebrities and what they do? Shame on her, You exploit hayden and Rachel all the time with her sisters. Without these famouse children your site wouldn’t be nothing here. So stop trying to kiss up to these celebrity like Kristen bell. who pic you got from a pap, These kids are famous because are their parents and you know this. This is your site not the celebrities site.If you give that right to stop posting pics for celebrities then something is wrong with you. These celebrities are famous because are the celebrities. Celebrities don’t have the right to say anything if it make them look good, Kristen bell is not famous like these other celebrities when her child is never with her at all. Your site is for everyone not just her. Celebrities have the right not to bring their kids out if they don’t have to. This American freedom that out people fought for. Don’t give into that pressure are Kristen bell and other celebrities about their kids pics. People will leave your site and go other places to see these celebrity kids. Kristen bell need to get a life and bring her child out sometimes. People have no right here telling you who to post on your site. Its your site not their. I like when you post the kids and not Rachel and hayden all the time. It still fun to see the kids with their parents.unauthorize are not jared. Don’t give into Kristen bell cause she is not famous like other celebrities.

Now we’ll know exactly which of these celebs actually pay to be photographed. Brilliant! My money’s on the Affleck’s, Allyson Hannigan, January Jones and C-lister Miranda Kerr.

I’m in favor of it!!! I hope your ‘no-kids’ policy will include Justin Bieber.

Yay, no more Miranda Kerr and Jessica Alba.

Thank You. I have never been inetrested in celebrity kids or babies. No shade

@Laura: Same. There is nothing intresting about the children of celebs. Most of them are not even good looking when they grow up. They are ugly, talentless nobodies who cling onto their parents fame.

It’s about time.

I applaud this new policy. Sure, I admit I sometimes enjoyed seeing the pix of celebrity kids, but I also felt guilty, especially when it was obvious that the kids and their parents were uncomfortable with the attention and sometimes, there was a pap frenzy over getting pix of kids that had to have been frightening and must not be allowed.

Well played Jared.

It would help if these celeb parents stop going to places where their children would be photographed by the magazines and then complaining about it. It would also help if their people wouldn’t rat them out to the photographers on their every move. There are plenty of celebrities that can go out into public with their children are they’re never see. Johnny Depp is one of the most popular actors around and you never see his children and he spends a lot of time with them. Then we’ve got celebs, like Kim Kardashian, that will purposely use photogs to her advantage and their children like they’re the last fashion. Just today, there was a photograph of her and North at the airport. Kim looks around and when she noticed she was photograph, she kissed North on the cheek. While normally this would be a precious moment, she used to her advantage, and North looked as though she were confused. A baby usually doesn’t look like that when their mother is holding them. I have no respect for celebs like that and then ***** and moan that they have no privacy. The celebs hold all the cards. They can make sure that they’re not hounded. They can make sure that there are no photogs around and not visit places where the photogs are. I have the utmost respect for the celebs that do try to manage to keep their child from the magazines. These celebs have a right to complain about it.

way to go JJ!

the paps will still shoot the photos and jared just won’t be paying $5 for them anymore ! Jared is not a saint and not affecting the big pap kid picture. So really his boycott is just a brown nosing move on all the celebs out there, which they will bite it hook line and sinker. this site is still basically a place that employs paparazzi the sneaky jared is just camouflaging it . Sneaky is what sneaky does and sneaky gets you when you least expect it , like when “%$#&*^&” is best served cold !

What we really need is a law that would ban forever old nobodies that are nothing but useless and worthless tabloid fodders, like Aniston for one. No one would miss that.

And ban all the other trash, like the tabloids.

Amen.

Taking pics of kids has to stop it’s annoying and have no say even tho their parents are on the industry

BEST NEWS EVER! I used to think it was strange to see a little baby have his own pics with justjared tags on them, or celeb sites dedicated to celeb children is creepy! Espcially since many people love to just make fun of those innocent little kids. Thanks alot Jared, kudos. Now if you could eliminate all the gay bashing, it would be a much more pleasant place.

@Shamu: Kids will still be published if its authorized by their parent as in attending a red carpet or charity event with their parents but stalker pap pics of kids with their parents playing at the park or beach wont be published, thankfully.

You’re the best, Jared!! What a strong stance for such an important issue. We’ll always be your support, keep doing your thang!

Please say that includes pregnant celebrities as well.

@jen x:

Exactly. THANK YOU.

Sensitive and timely. I applaud you with this decision. Standing ovation.

I don’t understand why paparazzi shots of kids playing at the park will be off limits, but at sports games is okay. Red carpet I understand because celebs really want to show their children, but at sports games… So children can’t go to sports games anymore?

Here’s a genius idea. Why dont we take this another step and stop all pictures of stars and relations that arent consented or at public events? Their private lives, children, dates, lunches, dinners, fast food face stuffing take outs, travel, ect arent our business anyways!!!

Baby steps to sane and equal treatment of human beings, I guess.

@Ross: well, that would be authorized, soooo, what’s your point?

stantheman @ 02/27/2014 at 11:23 am

@why: @why: On the back of tickets to sporting events and concerts it says they have the right to broadcast people’s images. Basically a warning that if you aren’t supposed to be there or are with someone you aren’t supposed to be with that’s your problem if your picture is taken and published, broadcast on the jumbotron, kiss cam, or nightly news. If anybody is in the audience or stands you are fair game to be seen.

hogsgonewild @ 02/27/2014 at 4:31 pm

@Jodi: bc you will be entering a zone of censorship and that is wrong on all levels. listen a celebrity loses his/her status as a private citizen when they choose to become a public figure, they know this going into it but trade privacy for tons or money for doing nothing. you don’t understand freedom of the press and celebrities are so self absorbed that they want to take away this freedom to satisfy an inconvenience !

hogsgonewild @ 02/27/2014 at 4:43 pm

@K. Lyn: pregnant celebrities, and dogs, cats , while wearing flip flops, shorts, new hair cuts, if you start a list you will have full on CENSORSHIP , how naive are you ?

Wonderful news. Good for you to take a stance. Also a plus, we’ll be able to see what celebs OK their kids photos being used, so that when they complain about the paps following them, or their lack of privacy, they’ll be outed as hypocrites and liars. This should prove eye opening.

#NoBieberPolicy @ 02/28/2014 at 5:49 pm

What about the #NoBieberPolicy ????

I’m already noticing the “regulars” have disappeared from this site. theyre boring without their kids. Hilarious!

GREAT, commendable decision! I applaud you! I will be definitely using Just Jared as my main source of celeb news from now on.

That’s great Jared! A step in the right direction. I like seeing pictures of these little cuties but of course their safety from these creeps is more important. Perez should do the same.

I respect what you do, but you have to delete all the post you already have w/ pics of their children. just saying

“Celeb Babies” category: Who was the kid? I don’t remember. Was it Suri?
“Top Celebs” (Bikini celebs): Why Alessnadra is the face? She is not a top celeb and her body is ugly.
The Top Celebs category is ridiculous now. Those pics are ugly.

@Ni’C: ThankYou for being the voice of children that can’t be voiced alone.God Bless You.Keep up the Great work.~Juliet~

God Bless all of you that have become the voice of children.They protection! Especially in Hollywood Cal.where the majority of Paps run wild! Causing auto accidents,bc they drive recklessly to catch a shot of a Celebrity’s child(ren)Harrass the parents by cursing,making snide comments of the children.All to make the Almighty Dollor$$$! Yes the parents and some times the child is also a Celeb,but we’ve all seen the outcome of Paps gone too far:(( Disgusting.This is a start but let’s keep going.Until NO CHILD GOES TO BED HUNGRY! This is my goal! ThankYou. ~Juliet~

OMG bowing to the celebs, not cool.

I’m a little late for this party because I was on vacation, but this is AWESOME news! I recently stopped coming here because I was supporting the nokidspoilicy and I’m beyond thrilled I can go back to visiting my favorite website now (which I’ve been visiting for far over a decade now!). Thanks Jared!

Rafael Centenera @ 03/12/2014 at 4:46 pm

\\(O) // <3

@Nene: So you think Jennifer Garner taking her kids to school and generally giving them a normal life and being photgraphed doing so, must mean she phones the paps whenever she goes out? Paps know her address and follow her around knowing that the general public like pictures of the children. Paps take pictures of the Affleck children because it is easy work and Garner and Affleck usually do not hide their children. Alas, the Smith kids are exploited by mom and dad and pushed into a “singing” and/or “acting” career well before they have had a change to make up their own minds.

Very proud of you for taking this moral leap.

I’m with you…as a website owner, I am doing the same thing. These kids have had their privacy violated and it’s all because their parents are celebrities. The celebrities are asking to be photographed to stay relevant, but the kids aren’t old enough to give their consent. Good for you!

16aec351ebHey would you mind sharing which blog pafrlotm you’re using? I’m planning to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a tough time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something unique. P.S Sorry for getting off-topic but I had to ask! 185

Some of the people applauding them are the same people that go and view the pictures of their children. Hence keeping the cycle going.

Bravo Jared! It’s about time.

Ellice @ 02/25/2014 at 1:25 pm

If the paps were to stalk and constantly photograph your child it would be called stalking. So how exactly is is the different for the children of celebrities?

Definitely it’s a great dicision. Those kids have enough pressure on them without being stalked. Lets just hope it’s one of those cases, when it takes one responsible editor-in-chief to show to the other the right way around.

General Consenses @ 07/12/2014 at 8:33 pm

Can we get a NoKardashian policy now?

Can the Kardashians and Miley PLEASE count as kids, please please please???