Matthew McConaughey WINS Best Actor at Oscars 2014!

Matthew McConaughey WINS Best Actor at Oscars 2014!

Matthew McConaughey won his very first Oscar at the 2014 Academy Awards held at the Dolby Theatre on Sunday (March 2) in Hollywood.

The 44-year-old actor took home the award for Best Actor for his impressive transformation in the film Dallas Buyers Club. Congrats, Matt!

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Matthew McConaughey

Matthew was nominated against 12 Years a Slave‘s Chiwetel Ejiofor, The Wolf of Wall Street‘s Leonardo DiCaprio, American Hustle‘s Christian Bale, and Nebraska‘s Bruce Dern.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Matthew McConaughey winning the award for Best Actor?

Matthew McConaughey Acceptance Speech
Photos: Getty
Posted to: 2014 Oscars, Matthew McConaughey

Pages: « 1 [2] Show All
Acidtongue @ 03/03/2014 at 12:48 am

Wooderson wins an Oscar. Further proof of the great sham that is the Oscars.

I really don’t think Matthew should have won. He did a good job on the movie, but was it oscar worthy? Award the oscar just because he had a bit transformation seems a little too much for me. Since when losing weight will get you an academy award?

who the F cares if Leo’s fangirls have him as “like omg most popular”. Leo is my NUMBER 1 favorite actor of all time!!!!! BUT Matthew in DBC was THE BETTER ACTOR by far!!!! its about the solo performance, not the “whole career”. I watched both Wolf of Wall Street and Dalls Buyers the same day…and knew…DBC had the better acting between Jared/Matt vs. Leo/Jonah. Not to write the latter off but….Matt/Jared were total stars! suck it!

Fantastic Speech, so happy Matthew won, he did an terrific performance, his mom is gorgeous found her here http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/movies/mary-kathlene-mccabe-kay-mcconaughey-matthew-mcconaugheys-mother/

He was thrilling and awe inducing in DBC. congrats!. Ive loved him and have been waiting for his phenomenal talent to be recognized since A time to kill.

I've Always Loved Him! @ 03/03/2014 at 1:13 am

And I never fantasized about McConaughey the way some of you gals fantasize about men like Pitt and Leto. There has always been a good quality about him that I sensed early on in his career. Even with his bad movies, it didn’t matter because he’s a great human being. His speech tonight gets an A+, along with Lupita’s and Jared Leto’s. Those 3 speeches were the very best of the evening. Continued best wishes and blessings to McConaughey and his lovely family!

Poor Leonardo ;) Another loss ;)
But Matthew deserved this win, so Congratulations!!!

King of Slay! Alright, alright, alright!!

Leo got robbed!

I wish they could have given away two oscars :( I haven’t seen Dallas Buyers Club but Matthew’s transformation was pretty amazing but still LEONARDO DICAPRIO! UGH he gives brilliant after brilliant performance! Each time! Such a shame, he’s going to be 80 by the time he gets his oscar.

Laughing out Loud @ 03/03/2014 at 1:59 am

@Dv8: I think Leo needs to stop chasing so many females’ TAILS, make an honest woman of just one, have a couple of kids, and start doing more for others.. and then maybe… just maybe, he will have more fans in film land who will vote for him. You look at his roles and say, “Wow,” but then his hedonistic bed-hopping lifestyle just puts a bad taste in your mouth. It cancels everything good out.

alexandrina @ 03/03/2014 at 2:55 am

gratz… i like him..
if leo won the oscar, his meme wouldn’t be funny anymore..

I heard he used a racial slur on Rosie O’Donnell… I hope not. I kind of liked him.

He didn’t win because of the transformation, he won because of acting skills. If that was the case bale should have won for hustle.

whatever.... @ 03/03/2014 at 11:57 am

@Racist?: Big deal if he did. Petty stuff. Don’t be angry and “search” for an excuse to dislike him. Be happy for all the winners. It’s a major moment in their lives.

Omg…Mattew is so overrated.He isnt’t great actor at all

That was a fabulous speech. Perfect. Humble, thankful, appreciative.

Even Toastmasters would approve, since it had three main points and was under 4 minutes.

@Mi: No actor seems to be great ALL of the time. Still great tho.

different @ 03/03/2014 at 5:37 pm

he deserved it, he was strong and fragile in his performance!!!! people are envious, but who cares he was great and the movie was wonderful congrats!!!

focusforfun @ 03/03/2014 at 6:43 pm

Wow. That was SO MUCH BETTER than finding out he is on heroine. Haters take note.

@whatever….: I didn’t search out a reason to dislike him… it just came up in a recent conversation about him that used a racial slur on the Rosie show. I was disappointed is all. I hope he’s not prejudiced against certain races. I truly do. I would love to give him a sincere congrats, but I’m unsure about him.

POOKING INAMO @ 03/07/2014 at 9:31 pm

Handsome dude, that Matthew. I couldn’t stand him before he was an Oscar winner, still can’t stand him now that he is. Honey, do you know where my “SURFER, DUDE” DVD is?

Pages: « 1 [2] Show All